PDA

View Full Version : What's my tandem trailer worth ?

gbm
03-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Long story short on this is that we had our 2009 X-7 written off last summer due to storm damage. The tandem trailer was not involved and is in excellent condition, there's plenty of wear on the rubber, and the wheels are in perfect condition with the exception of a small scuff on one of the rear passenger side wheels.

We were fortunate enough to have full coverage on the boat but still own the trailer. Any ideas/suggestions as to how much the trailer is worth on it's own ?

Just so everyone has the additional background information, the auction company elected to not buy the trailer from me and split up the boat and trailer. Poor decision on their part IMHO as the trailer will definitely help sell the boat and raise their potential price.

TIA for any advice !

Geoff

Sierra Tango II
03-15-2013, 09:19 PM
To bad it wont fit my 98 Prostar. Id totally be interested in it.

Hecker
03-15-2013, 09:51 PM
By looking at your pics I'd say you aren't too far from me. I don't think we have much of a market here for trailers so it might take some time to sell it locally. It is a sharp trailer that would suit any color boat. I'm guessing you should be able to get $4,500 for it.

FrankSchwab
03-15-2013, 11:53 PM
I don't think you'll get much - maybe $50-$100. I'll take it off your hands if you want. :D

kyfooter
03-16-2013, 08:53 AM
Try to sell it fast to someone ordering a new 197 while they're still on this hull design. That's a very nice looking trailer, and I believe new ones are going for around $4k for a tandem.

I think most tournament team members have already ordered their 2013 boats, but that could have been a nice option. If you're trying to sell to someone ordering a new 197, you're going to have to sweeten the deal.

I also know that many tournament team boats are sold to skiers in Australia. Those in Australia may be required to have a tandem trailer, as that is normally one of their first questions.

It will sell. Think of it this way when selling...what's your next best alternative? In your mind it may be worth $4k, but to a buyer $4k can get a brand new trailer. So how do you sway someone from buying brand new (not that yours doesn't look great...you had a very cool setup). My guess is $2,500 - $3,000.

In the end...it's worth what someone is willing to pay. Put it on several of the more popular websites and see what happens. Good luck. Bummer to hear about the boat. Looked very sharp.

Aric'sX15
03-17-2013, 12:46 PM
I disagree. That trailer is a 10k dollar option. 2500 for a almost new is way way to low. Id say stick to around 4k. Dealer sold me the trailer after they used it and left it in the sun for 4 grand and it isnt a low profile.

milkmania
03-17-2013, 06:15 PM
I don't think you'll get much - maybe $50-$100. I'll take it off your hands if you want. :D
I'd give him $200.00 and I don't even need it8p
and I'll pick it up!

46Chief
03-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Curious as to where the boat being auctioned off?

TayMC197
03-17-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm interested in that trailer. Let me know a price.

College Kid
03-17-2013, 10:45 PM
I too, looked at your pictures and figured your near by.

what auction is selling the boat?

PM me if your in Alberta, I might have a potential buyer for your trailer as well.

kskonn
03-18-2013, 12:30 AM
I can tell you for sure that a regular tandem trailer, not low profile will run you 6500-7500 depending on dealer. I concor that you should be able to get 4k for that trailer.

Ironhorse
03-18-2013, 08:36 AM
If you are in or near Alberta, I may know someone intersted in your trailer as well.

willyt
03-18-2013, 10:20 AM
thats a beautiful boat, sorry for the loss.

btw, where was the first picture taken? that landscape is AMAZING