PDA

View Full Version : Skiing in a Fur Coat

RickDV
09-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Today we went out skiing with my brother and some of his family...including his dog Rylee. We had some doggone fun out on the water! :D

RickDV
09-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Had to include one of my neice bring the dog back in. Rylee loves the water and can't wait to get into the MasterCraft every chance he gets.

SKI*MC
09-18-2005, 10:33 PM
thats awesome, how did the dog start off?

RickDV
09-18-2005, 10:40 PM
thats awesome, how did the dog start off?

My brother dragged behind and steadied the dog until the dog was ready to go it alone. We learned this trick helping out at some adaptive ski clinics.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
09-19-2005, 11:36 AM
that is TOO cool!!! :dance: :toast: :headbang:

Gotta love it! it looks like the dog is having a blast!!!

If I ever get another dog, its gonna be a part of my skiing in some way. I would love to do that!

SO did you build a little ski platform on two old skis for that?? curious.....

I love it!!! Dogs rule!!! I just love dogs!! I miss mine alot. I spent the weekend camping with my cousin and his in laws and their bassett hound, what a hoot!! DOgs are just it!!! :)

RickDV
09-19-2005, 01:35 PM
This is my brother's set up (we ski together a bunch). He came up with a $4 pair of skis from a garage sale and screwed an 18"x30" platform between them for the dog.

pilot02
09-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Had to include one of my neice bring the dog back in. Rylee loves the water and can't wait to get into the MasterCraft every chance he gets.

Nice tristar, what year?

Tom023
09-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Shouldn't the dog be wearing a vest?

pilot02
09-19-2005, 03:37 PM

I'd like to see DNR or whomever's responsible for the waterways there write a ticket for that.

I can just see it now. But judge, there is no coast guard approved life vest. available. And by the way, doesn't the reg say "There must be at least one U.S.C.G approved life vest for each person on board or being towed, not occupant?".....

:uglyhamme

RickDV
09-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Nice tristar, what year?

It's an '89 TriStar.

RickDV
09-19-2005, 04:22 PM

The dog's a strong swimmer and loves the water. Boat speed was 12-15mph, so there was no harm in falling off the rig.

AirJunky
09-19-2005, 06:04 PM
Too cool! I've thought about trying to teach my border collie to ski with me!

Ric
09-19-2005, 06:20 PM
My brother dragged behind and steadied the dog until the dog was ready to go it alone. We learned this trick helping out at some adaptive ski clinics.Your brother must be glad the skiing didn't scare the poooey out of the dog huh?

AirJunky
09-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Your brother must be glad the skiing didn't scare the poooey out of the dog huh?
I'm surprised the TT software let you say that one! :cool:

I have a buddy in Seattle who takes his black lab, Butch, on the boat all the time. They taught him to pee off the swimstep by just holding his leg up when they knew he needed to go. Now he does it all the time on his own....... whether anyone else is using the swimstep or not! :eek:

RickDV
09-19-2005, 11:20 PM
OK, can't help but post one more pic just cause the dog looks so happy...

09-20-2005, 11:03 AM
That dog is in his glory :dance: you can just tell, he lives for it!!! This might sound dumb, but you can tell so much about a dog by their "expression" you can tell when they are happy, and that dog is HAPPY!!! :toast:

Dogs RULE!!!!

man, I miss my dachsund. He passed away in Feb this year, he was 10. If I ever get another dog, he will certainly learn to love the boat, and it would be totally cool to get it to ski like that lab. :)

UMP

Ric
09-20-2005, 11:19 AM
That dog is in his glory :dance: you can just tell, he lives for it!!! This might sound dumb, but you can tell so much about a dog by their "expression" you can tell when they are happy, and that dog is HAPPY!!! :toast:

Dogs RULE!!!!

man, I miss my dachsund. He passed away in Feb this year, he was 10. If I ever get another dog, he will certainly learn to love the boat, and it would be totally cool to get it to ski like that lab. :)

UMP
UMP, what is this dog thinking?

09-20-2005, 11:33 AM
that Dog is saying, "Hey look A*&#@%$ if you throw me in that water again, I am going to chew your feet off at the ankles, see how you like skiing on peg legs." Until the dog turned around, and then it said "wow, maybe I will go back in the water, there is a HOT chick in there that might like cute dogs like me" :dance: :cool:

:toast:

UMP

Ric
09-20-2005, 03:23 PM
that Dog is saying, "Hey look A*&#@%$ if you throw me in that water again, I am going to chew your feet off at the ankles, see how you like skiing on peg legs." Until the dog turned around, and then it said "wow, maybe I will go back in the water, there is a HOT chick in there that might like cute dogs like me" :dance: :cool:

:toast:

UMP
:purplaugh

or, "hey, where can a guy get a little hiney and some kibble around here?"

09-21-2005, 11:29 AM
OK Ric, we got that dog analyzed, whos next? got another one? go ahead...anybody post a pic. I am a pro at this dog thing ;) I should move to LA and be one of those Pet psychiatrists :uglyhamme But my services here are free, I wont charge you all, cuz your my friends :toast: LOL

UMP

Datdude
09-21-2005, 02:02 PM
What is Maddie thinking? She loves my parents pontoon, but is not so fond of the MC for some reason(might have something to do with a powerturn she was not expecting?) ;)

Ric
09-21-2005, 02:03 PM
What is Maddie thinking? She loves my parents pontoon, but is not so fond of the MC for some reason(might have something to do with a powerturn she was not expecting?) ;)
maddie is pretty.
UMP, the little fella will be staying behind to ride out the storm here while I head for the high ground!

erkoehler
09-21-2005, 03:16 PM
UMP, what is this dog thinking?

I don't know about you guys, but I am having a hard time seeing a dog in that picture. I do see what appears to be a very pretty girl! :popcorn:

09-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Maddie is thinking "OK, you keep dragging that $*&@ camera out and blinding me with that brite thing on it. If you think I am gonna get up for this, your wrong buddy. Just put that away and go under the sink and get me some of those doggie treats you keep there and we will get along a whole lot better. :)

UMP

09-21-2005, 09:30 PM
maddie is pretty.
UMP, the little fella will be staying behind to ride out the storm here while I head for the high ground!

Ric, are you leaving your dog at home and leaving because of the Hurricane...?.....?.....?.....? ummm, please tell me thats not the case..... :( Please clarify

UMP

Ric
09-22-2005, 01:42 AM
Ric, are you leaving your dog at home and leaving because of the Hurricane...?.....?.....?.....? ummm, please tell me thats not the case..... :( Please clarify

UMP
:D I knew that would getcha ump you dog lover!
Hell no I'm not leaving the swab behind, he's sensing trouble around here too!

Thanks for all the kind offers
tmc is a helluva good buncha people!
and I'll post in a few days :steering:

09-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Ric,

Thank god you were kidding. :) I was about to flip out about that & call you a bunch a bad names if it was for real. I dont tolerate people that are cruel or unkind to dogs. Thanks for easing my mind. I dont like to see people suffer, but I really cant handle to see dogs suffer. I would not have been able to rest knowing that little guy was in danger.

I sure miss my dog. :( Maybe someday I will get another. I had a Dachsund and he was the sheeot. I hope to have another someday....... :)

OK, next dog photo to analyze.... anyone??

mississippireb
09-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Ric,

What about this one?

09-22-2005, 11:52 AM
THats not a dog, its that snively little bugger that sat next to jabba the hut and kept laughing like a Jackal. Or its the Crypt Keeper, I'm not quite sure.....either way its saying $*&# ME!!!! $*&# ME!!!! just like in the exorcist.

Next.

09-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Hey speaking of animals, any of you other animal lovers interested in helping out the animals in the hurricane? I dontated to the Humane Society Disaster relief fund today and Urge you all to do the same. Remember EVERY little bit helps. all the dollars add up and can help feed our animal friends until they can be reunited with their families or find new homes. :) Please help them out any way you can :)

Datdude
09-22-2005, 04:45 PM
Maddie is thinking "OK, you keep dragging that $*&@ camera out and blinding me with that brite thing on it. If you think I am gonna get up for this, your wrong buddy. Just put that away and go under the sink and get me some of those doggie treats you keep there and we will get along a whole lot better. :)

UMP\

I am pretty sure that is exactly what she is thinking-you have an amazing ability.....you should capitalize on it! :uglyhamme

bcampbe7
09-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Awesome shots RickDV!
I would love to teach our yellow lab to do that. :cool:
Dogs are amazing, UMP. I never really understood till my wife and I got our lab 3 years ago. We have had her since she was about 7 weeks old. She is amazing.

I love Andre's signiture as well.

Kell
09-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Not to threadjack....ok, threadjack on.

Since this is about our special four legged friends and their unique abilities, and in particular yellow labs, here is a good shot of my 6 month old yellow lab who is still trying to figure out why he does not get to eat at the table like the rest of us! ;) It's going to be a long winter!

Threadjack off....

André
09-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Kell
Finally! Nice puppy,but growing fast!
Do you take him on the boat?
My MC girl...

09-22-2005, 09:12 PM
ALL those dogs rule!!! WOW, its amazing how heavy we run to Yellow Labs here....hmmmm....Guess I will be the odd one out when I get another Dachsund.

Bcambe7, your dog in your avatar is saying: "I am sitting in the driver seat of the finest skiboat made, a MasterCraft so I am far cooler than you can ever imagine."

Kell, your dog is a pup, so its a bit youthfully naive yet, and its saying: "well....hey where did all that food go that was here just a minute ago......you Ba$*&#rds are trickin me again.....we will see who wins this hand when I pee on the floor later!!!!!" :uglyhamme

Andre, your dog is sporting that cool Team MC gear singing this: "Im, too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts. I'm a model, you know what I mean, and I do my little turn on the catwalk....on the catwalk, on the catwalk yea I do my little trun on the catwalk. ...." :dance:

UMP

bcampbe7
09-22-2005, 09:18 PM
ALL those dogs rule!!! WOW, its amazing how heavy we run to Yellow Labs here....hmmmm....Guess I will be the odd one out when I get another Dachsund.

Bcambe7, your dog in your avatar is saying: "I am sitting in the driver seat of the finest skiboat made, a MasterCraft so I am far cooler than you can ever imagine."

Kell, your dog is a pup, so its a bit youthfully naive yet, and its saying: "well....hey where did all that food go that was here just a minute ago......you Ba$*&#rds are trickin me again.....we will see who wins this hand when I pee on the floor later!!!!!" :uglyhamme

Andre, your dog is sporting that cool Team MC gear singing this: "Im, too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts. I'm a model, you know what I mean, and I do my little turn on the catwalk....on the catwalk, on the catwalk yea I do my little trun on the catwalk. ...." :dance:

UMP

Right on UMP!

Kell
09-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Kell
Finally! Nice puppy,but growing fast!
Do you take him on the boat?
My MC girl...Andre', you must have missed my prior post when you requested an updated picture....can't remember the post. Nike is growing like a weed. Six months old now and 45 lbs and as strong as an ox both physically and mentally! Being a puppy he has a lot to learn as far as training and obidence goes, but he has a wonderful and playful personality. Here is a good story for ya, I bbq this evening and left the grill cover open to cool off, and about an hour later I let Nike out and in a single bound he was on top of the grill licking the grates.....:eek:

Your girl looks good in MC clothing, but I'm sure she is wondering where that new MC ski boat is! ;)

André
09-23-2005, 06:58 AM
Andre', you must have missed my prior post when you requested an updated picture....can't remember the post. Nike is growing like a weed. Six months old now and 45 lbs and as strong as an ox both physically and mentally! Being a puppy he has a lot to learn as far as training and obidence goes, but he has a wonderful and playful personality. Here is a good story for ya, I bbq this evening and left the grill cover open to cool off, and about an hour later I let Nike out and in a single bound he was on top of the grill licking the grates.....:eek:

Your girl looks good in MC clothing, but I'm sure she is wondering where that new MC ski boat is! ;)
OOoops,sorry Kell,must have missed it!
At least you won't have to clean the BBQ grill! :D

09-23-2005, 05:20 PM
The dog doc is in......

no more "patients" for me to figure out??? :confused:

:popcorn:

Hoosier Bob
09-25-2005, 08:39 PM
Awesome Boatmates! Nice looking yellow labs. Nothing like a dog that loves water. Ever have one leap from the boat as it is under way?

BuoyChaser
09-26-2005, 08:46 AM
RICKDV - those are some great shots of your lab on skis, can't wait to try that with our Border Collie, he's a smart one!!!

Ric
09-26-2005, 07:10 PM
:purplaugh

and a bump for sassydog's benefit

Ric,

Thank god you were kidding. :) I was about to flip out about that & call you a bunch a bad names if it was for real. I dont tolerate people that are cruel or unkind to dogs. Thanks for easing my mind. I dont like to see people suffer, but I really cant handle to see dogs suffer. I would not have been able to rest knowing that little guy was in danger.

I sure miss my dog. :( Maybe someday I will get another. I had a Dachsund and he was the sheeot. I hope to have another someday....... :)

André
09-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Another good use for Labs: passenger side ballast! :dance:

UMP
Is that the bend your knees look or the get that hip to the handle look ?

...And before Ric say so,it's not the "Get your *** home Wally " look... :D

Hoosier Bob
09-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Can pets be thirds up there Andre? If so very nice looking third! Now if only your third could drive the boat. :D Another good use for Labs: passenger side ballast! :dance:

UMP
Is that the bend your knees look or the get that hip to the handle look ?

...And before Ric say so,it's not the "Get your *** home Wally " look... :D

09-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Andre, if you look close, I mean real close, there is cynicism in that dogs eyes. He's got a smart a$$ twinkle in his eyes, you can see it. the dog is actually saying this:

"oh look at this ,surprize, surprize, so much for Darwin's theory.....my owner is getting in that cold lake again to drag behind this boat. Man, he should take a clue, I mean really, I am a Laborador retriever for God's sake, I LIVE for the water...and when you dont see ME in the water, take a hint!!! Do you see me standing back there on that swim thing? NO. I think I will cuddle up here on this nice warm blanket while Captain Braincell there busts his rear yet another time and freezes his arse off. Looks like we may need to reorganize that whole food chain idea.... Hey speaking of food, I wonder if there are any more Snausages or milkbones under the sink at home"

:purplaugh :uglyhamme :cool:

André
09-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Can pets be thirds up there Andre? ... :D
Nope.Cost me 136 $ CDN (110 us) to learned it...

09-27-2005, 05:21 PM
so Andre', Was I correct on my analysis of your dogs thoughts? :confused: you never confirmed or denied my guess....

:popcorn:

André
09-27-2005, 05:24 PM
At the time of the pix,it was Summer.But the dog would be right on today,air temp 55 ,same for water.
Treats are on the fridge,out of reach!