PDA

View Full Version : Oh I wish Dallas was....

LakePirate
09-18-2005, 09:00 PM
So I am looking at a job opportunity in the Dallas area. I have a couple of questions that I hope you guys that are familiar with the area can help me with.

Where are the best neighborhoods to live in? (I know Atlanta and most of Georgia, don't know Texas)

There is a lot of water in North Texas, where is the best place to look for a lake lot or lake to ski on?

Commute Times, are they reasonable or do I need to live next to the office?

I am sure that I will think of something else.

Gofast
09-18-2005, 09:04 PM
What part of town is your Job located? That makes a big differenace on where you should look at houses.

Princton Lakes are really nice, but not if you work in Ft. Worth or even south of 635.

Pleanty of water to choose from around here.

Rob

LakePirate
09-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Don't really know of yet....my headhunter told me the company but not the actual location....can't remember the company. I guess I am looking at if from the Wife's prospective...if you could live anywhere in Dallas where would it be?

Gofast
09-18-2005, 09:23 PM
OK, I live in Mckinney. Love the area. North of Dallas so I'm out of all the busy city stuff. However our area is growing like crazy.

I'm 20 mins from my house to a remote ( not busy ) part of Lake Lavon. There is a ski course set-up there and I usually only see 1 maybe two other boats on a weekend.

I'm 30 minutes from Lake lewisville if I want to hit Sneeky Pete's for a Beer and a Burger after skiing. However it is a very busy lake, so it's mostly a place to go to for scenic reasons.

2 and half hours away is Broken Bow lake, one of the most best lakes I've been too. Or same driving distance is Lake Eufala. Great sandy beach swiming area etc. These are great for those extended weekends.

That's really all I can help with. I work in Plano, so the commute is roughtly 30 mins with traffic. Find out what part of town the company is in, that makes a real difference. Others can kick in with where to go for the other parts of town.

Good Luck!

LakePirate
09-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the help. I am trying to figure out where the potential office is.

east tx skier
09-19-2005, 11:27 AM
I would live close to the office. Dallas has pretty a pretty decent freeway system, buy you'll still hit traffic. Life's too short. There is certainly no shortage of great places to ski in Texas.

Of course, there are some places that just may make a bit of a commute worthwhile.

http://www.princetonlakes.com/

AirJunky
09-19-2005, 12:54 PM
Or if you can work it so your west of the DFW area, the Secret Spot isn't far off....... ;)

SteveO
09-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Lake,

Hope all works out to your best interest. Based on your experience in the Atlanta area, the location of your office will play a large role in which side of town you should live. We have many options relative to lakes, so keep us posted on the potential relocation and many of the DFW crew will be glad to provide our :twocents:

jraben8
09-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Office location is the biggest variable around here. Commute times are dependent on distance and the time that you leave (as is the case anywhere). Find out where it is and let us know. There is water all over but some of it is much better than other.

Jerry

LakePirate
09-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Well appartetly sometime between trying to make my current job work and looking for another someone else got the job I was interested in. However, seeing my current line of work is call center management / IT the Dallas area has a huge market for that.

Thanks for all of the help so far guys.

Ric
09-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Well appartetly sometime between trying to make my current job work and looking for another someone else got the job I was interested in. However, seeing my current line of work is call center management / IT the Dallas area has a huge market for that.

Thanks for all of the help so far guys.
Are you willing to relocate to india?

OhioProstar
09-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Bangladesh is nice this time of year.

LakePirate
09-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Are you willing to relocate to india?

I understand that there are several private lakes there

ummm...NO!

I am currently in the keep it out of India and the Philippines business.