PDA

View Full Version : Choosing Between x-45 or x-55

imike9
03-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to get people's opinion. I'm looking at a x-45 and a x-55. I want a wakeboard boat. Both boats are the same price (around 100k) however I'm not sure which one is best for motor, gas consumption, etc.... not sure if we are allowed to post links here so I just paste the description...

Any input would be appreciated.

X-45

http://www.martinmotorsports.ca/images/martinmotorsports/VP2887734_1_large.jpg

Big Power with the 540 HP 6.2L Supercharged Indmar LSA Engine, Seating for 18, POWER TOWER, Tower Camera, Tower Speakers, Tower Lights, Tower Mirror, Swivel Board Racks, CD Stereo with iPod Integration, Amp & Sub, Heated Seats, Interior Storage, Transom Remote, Ski Pylon, Cruise Control, Wakeplate, Surf Tabs, Pop-Up Cleats, Stereo Remote, Bow Filler Cushion, Interior Cup Holders, Depth Finder, Heater, Snap-In Carpet, Boarding Ladder, Ballast System, Underwater Lighting, Cooler, Swim Platform, Cover and Genuine MasterCraft Tandem Axle Low Profile Trailer with Stainless Steel Fenders, Surge Brakes, Disk Brakes, Swing Tongue, Prop Guard, Guide Poles, Spare Tire and Aluminum Rims!

X-55

http://www.martinmotorsports.ca/images/martinmotorsports/VP3118591_1_large.jpg

520 HP Indmar LSA 6.2L Supercharged V-Drive Engine, Seating for 18, POWER TOWER, Tower Camera, Swivel Board Racks, Zero-Off GPS Speed Control, Upgraded Stereo with iPod Integration, Tower Speakers, Tower Lights, Bimini Top, Heated Seats, Table, Ski Pylon, Stereo Transom Remote, Wakeplate, Surf Tabs, Pop-Up Cleats, Interior Cup Holders, Depth Finder, Heater, Snap-In Carpet, Boarding Ladder, Ballast System, Underwater Lighting, Cooler, Swim Platform, Cover and Phoenix Triple Axle Low Profile Trailer with Surge Brakes, Disk Brakes, Swing Tongue, Prop Guard and Spare Tire!

Huskie05
03-12-2013, 02:54 PM
I have the X55 with the supercharged engine, it has 556hp though. Love our x55, it will venture into bigger water than the 45. both are great boats, we love ours. We have 320 hours on ours...

Mastercraftdave
03-12-2013, 03:03 PM
I got an X45 last year and they are an amazing boats. The wakeboard wake stock was bigger than my Malibu VLX with extra weight and then add the PnP it just gets even bigger. The surf wake is pretty good but it takes some playing around with to find the right set up.

The X45 rough water ride is really good however the X55 will have a way better rough water ride due to the continous V hull. We looked at the X55 but that is just to big of a boat. Never spent anytime behind one but did go through the entire boat. The X45 is a nice size boat with a very good layout and its coimfortable with 12-16 ppl. I have the 6.2 in mine and love it. It is more than enough power for that boat. Pretty much that same boat.

Out of those two boats I would choose the X45 any day of the week. That is a every simple yet classy color scheme that will have good resale. I like the lok of the X55 but it will take a certain individual to buy that loud of a boat. Let me know if you have any question about the X45.

imike9
03-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks so much for the inputs guys.

Do you think 100k is a fair price for either one of these boats or should I look for a better deal elsewhere?

Jerseydave
03-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Between those 2 boats the red X45 hands down!
Not sure about fuel economy with either one, but guessing the heavier X55 will burn more gas regardless of engine. Does it really matter much when you're talking these 2 heavy boats with big horsepower anyway? Neither one will sip fuel.

I recall Meaghan Major stating that she loves the wakeboard wake of her X55, second best to the Xstar at that time. If you are a serious rider, you should try them both first before buying. Nothing worse than buyers remorse after dropping 100 large!

Jerseydave
03-12-2013, 06:55 PM
@ Mastercraftdave......sweet boat! Love those colors!

willyt
03-12-2013, 06:57 PM
can we retitle this thread... first world problems?

BriEOD
03-12-2013, 07:41 PM
One of my buddies has an X-55 in the same color scheme. One thing I like about the the X-55 over the X-45 is that it has a head (bathroom). If you have guests that don't want to get in the water and/or older guests just out for a ride, that is a nice feature. The X-55 is huge! You can get a ton of people and gear in it.

Aric'sX15
03-12-2013, 08:01 PM
are they both new?
edit: i see the 55 has registration numbers.

Mastercraftdave
03-12-2013, 08:15 PM
@ Mastercraftdave......sweet boat! Love those colors!

Thanks for the compliment.

Unless you are always having 12 people on the X55 i feel like it would be a waste. It a big boat and you will notice alot when towing. The X45 isnt as bulky and has a slimmer look than the X55. I guess im biased towards the X45. Good luck with the purchase.

LaRue
03-12-2013, 08:31 PM
What's the slalom wake like behind each? Ha...

RaeRay
03-13-2013, 10:06 AM
I have owned both, you can't go wrong with either, the 55 is sick and does have a head, The 45 has a better seating arrangment though. I like the 45 wake over the 55, the 55 tends to curl a bit. If your in a generally rougher want the 55 handels it a whole lot better.

boogie420
03-13-2013, 10:45 AM
love the color of that 55 compared to that 45.......

jdl xstar
03-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Was at my local MC dealership this morning and saw this brand new X55 which looked so sharp with that flake.