PDA

View Full Version : Living the Dream

dihrdskir
03-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Got up early this morning, Moomba long weekend here. 37 degrees celsius and not a breath of wind. She's had her sponge bath and just waiting for the friends to arrive to make the 3 minute trip to the river. Life just doesn't get any better.90847

JohnE
03-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Very jealous here. Got a foot of snow yesterday.

JohnE
03-09-2013, 07:39 PM
What tower is that, btw?

Cloaked
03-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Nice looking machine.

mikeg205
03-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Got up early this morning, Moomba long weekend here. 37 degrees celsius and not a breath of wind. She's had her sponge bath and just waiting for the friends to arrive to make the 3 minute trip to the river. Life just doesn't get any better.90847

I hate you... in a very positive way ... sponge bath... the mere mention of that indicates your high level of... MCOCD...

http://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gif

thatsmrmastercraft
03-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Absolutely beautiful boat. :toast:

dihrdskir
03-10-2013, 08:23 AM
What tower is that, btw?

Conquest Power Tower. The original concept that spawned the MC Powered Tower which unfortunately for MC did not follow the lessons learned by the original engineer.

dihrdskir
03-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Absolutely beautiful boat. :toast:

Thanks for the compliments about the boat. Got back to the boat ramp with maybe 2 litres to spare. Had a big day but have put her to bed for the night, 10.30 pm weather still hot, time for a couple of cold ones and maybe do it all again tomorrow.

2RLAKE
03-10-2013, 10:07 AM
crappy weather in Cincinnati ... had snow earlier in the week now its 50 and gray colored skies ...

thatsmrmastercraft
03-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the compliments about the boat. Got back to the boat ramp with maybe 2 litres to spare. Had a big day but have put her to bed for the night, 10.30 pm weather still hot, time for a couple of cold ones and maybe do it all again tomorrow.

I'm living vicariously through you. Only thing I can do on the lakes here this time of year is ice fishing or snowmobiling.:rolleyes:

dihrdskir
03-10-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm living vicariously through you. Only thing I can do on the lakes here this time of year is ice fishing or snowmobiling.:rolleyes:

Never get the ice for the icefishing down here but snowmobiling is June to August for us. We pretty much live on the river and our ski season is September till May depending on river levels. Happy to do the vicarious thing as long as you return the compliment when things get cold down here.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Never get the ice for the icefishing down here but snowmobiling is June to August for us. We pretty much live on the river and our ski season is September till May depending on river levels. Happy to do the vicarious thing as long as you return the compliment when things get cold down here.

Didn't realize that there was snowmobiling "down under". Boating season here in Minnesota is May through September. I will certainly return the favor.....keep the warm weather pics coming!

dihrdskir
03-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Didn't realize that there was snowmobiling "down under". Boating season here in Minnesota is May through September. I will certainly return the favor.....keep the warm weather pics coming!

Don't get the snow on the ground where I live, Only 90 metres above sea level and 200 kilometers inland from Melbourne. Do get to spend time in what we call the alpine region which is only 2 hours drive from home, that's where I am lucky enough to spend some time on the snowmobiles through work.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Don't get the snow on the ground where I live, Only 90 metres above sea level and 200 kilometers inland from Melbourne. Do get to spend time in what we call the alpine region which is only 2 hours drive from home, that's where I am lucky enough to spend some time on the snowmobiles through work.

Hard to beat getting in some play time through work. Love that boat of yours.

Sullivan
03-15-2013, 12:14 AM
Ah, you took the Mint Lake Ski Team stickers off! :) Glad your out enjoying the boat so much. It looks fantastic and brings back lots of good memories.

dihrdskir
03-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Ah, you took the Mint Lake Ski Team stickers off! :) Glad your out enjoying the boat so much. It looks fantastic and brings back lots of good memories.

Yeah, I am still waiting for you to send me a couple for that mate of mine. We managed to peel them off without damage, but like so many things these days. One use only.

broncotw
03-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Gorgeous boat......

dihrdskir
03-15-2013, 04:39 PM
0630 Saturday morning and ready to go again..

dihrdskir
07-19-2013, 07:56 AM

Peter,

It's time to return the compliment. It's mid july and September cannot come soon enough. It's been a very warm winter with 21 C yesterday and barely any snow to speak of. It's like Im in skiers purgatory here just waiting for something to happen.

dihrdskir
10-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Hi all,
The '11 has been sold and it's time for a suitable replacement. A young family have bought her and judging by the reaction of the young lads they are going to enjoy her for a long time to come. I'll miss the boat for sure, she was stunning on the water and a great performer whatever we did with her. I was certainly surprised at how well she responded to a bit of weight in her, yes it turns out you can surf a 197 as well as more traditional uses. A highlight would be the performance of the 6 litre and trans combination and perhaps the only negative would be the lack of rear seat comfort in terms of "family" boat.

The new challenge is finding a suitable replacement. Given the '14 is making the right noises I am keen to give one a try but I can't see them making it down here, certainly on the 2nd hand market till this time next year or beyond. I have the barefooter to tide me over this season but it's more of a Sunday driver. I am considering a 200 or a TXi until the 14's come online. Blasphemy I know, but I do not think a '12 or '13 197 is a realistic option.