PDA

View Full Version : Hero2 WiFi backpack

TOO-TALL
03-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Would like to hear from people that have it.
How well does it work for wakeboarding??
Is there any delay in the video to the phone?

Thanks

Double D
03-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Would like to hear from people that have it.
How well does it work for wakeboarding??
Is there any delay in the video to the phone?

Thanks

I have the Hero3 with the wifi I use it with the iPhone app. I have not used it yet in the water for wakeboarding but I have used it taping b-ball games and stuff with the camera a few feet away. There is a few second delay on the screen and voice regardless of distance. Somewhat annoying but workable. IMO.

blakekrone
03-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Yes there is a delay in the video to the phone as encoding/decoding has to happen. It's not massive but it is present. I don't use mine for streaming much, use it more for the remote start/stop recording.

Define "how well does it work for wakeboarding?" Are you looking at having a gopro mounted on the rope with the phone in the cockpit?

Double D
03-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Yes there is a delay in the video to the phone as encoding/decoding has to happen. It's not massive but it is present. I don't use mine for streaming much, use it more for the remote start/stop recording.

Define "how well does it work for wakeboarding?" Are you looking at having a gopro mounted on the rope with the phone in the cockpit?

That's what I plan to do!

blakekrone
03-07-2013, 05:19 PM
That's what I plan to do!

Figured as much, that's 1 reason why I got the wifi backpack! I wondered how well that would work for driver/rider communication as well.

TOO-TALL
03-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I'd like to have the hero2 on the rider and watch the video on a phone in the boat.

Double D
03-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I'd like to have the hero2 on the rider and watch the video on a phone in the boat.

I guess now its a race to see which one of us gets on the water first to try it out!! :D:D

jhall0711
03-07-2013, 09:44 PM
I guess now its a race to see which one of us gets on the water first to try it out!! :D:D

I know some stupid guys who may be able to help you out with that. :D