PDA

View Full Version : Buckeye Bash IV - 8/17 - 8/18, 2013!!

Pages : [1] 2

93Prostar190
03-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Mods - can you please make this one sticky for us? Please? and you can un-sticky the Bash III thread.

Well folks ... Spring is coming and soon after we will all be on the water in our respective watering holes.

This year the MC Bash at O'Shaughnessy Reservoir (we have a 2 day permit!!) will be the best ever.

we have a Facebook page and three years of momentum to launch the best event so far ... will you be here? We hope so ... put it in your calendar now!!!

We will have sweet boats, giveaways and some great swag this year like in year's past. Special VIP gifts to anyone bringing someone from outside the state!!! All MC owners are welcome (and Double D's bro as well.)

We hope to see some new faces from around the State, so bring it on over ... if you arrive on Friday night, you can attend the uber secret Pre-Bash party, or stay till Sunday for a super surfing Sunday morning.

Saturday night we will charge over to the Bogey again, where JKSKI may give us a speech on the pro's and con's of housebuilding!

Food, friends, Mastercrafts and more. (what else can you ask for?)

Details to be posted on this thread .... RSVP's, cool t-shirt design ideas and more .... Peace.

(Really hope to see some Chippewa ski club members making the trip?) ... ;)

:):):):):):):):):):)

jkski
03-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Already looking forward to the great event as I will need a break from all of the building process stuff by then!!! Josh is ready for his second time on ski's/wakeboard as well!
Looking forward to seeing everyone and a big thanks to Rob for getting this all going.

Mgboyd25
03-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Well I am already workiing on my annual dance for bash IV so Ill be there!
Might even try to make it a two day event this year if possible but we will have to see!!
Now to just start looking for a Trans-Am to lead the Akron/Canton Convoy South!

MattsCraft
03-05-2013, 06:16 PM
To all the lurkers, if you have not attended this event, this is the one event of the year to put on your calendar for sure... you know we are All In, I will also work hard to get some extra Cincy MC support this year:D For sure count on a banner or two, and hey, I am told by the new owners of MattsCraft I will be there, so count on MattsCraft I and MattsCraft II at Buckeye Bash IV, now that will be weird :rolleyes:

Double D
03-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Awesome seeing this Thread pop up on my screen this evening as I am working in Long Island tonight dreaming of the upcoming boating season and hoping I make it out of here tomorrow.

As you can see by Robs comment and my signature below, we are on Facebook and all the previous years pictures, video's, event brochures, etc are on there and ready for viewing, including "The Dance"!! :D

https://www.facebook.com/MCBuckeyeBash

These are great events with great people attending so for all you peeps that only came once, or never at all, it is worth the trip. We had several newcomers this past year which I look forward to seeing again, along with all the usual group of guys and gals.

Maybe I can get Frankster66 to come down from Michigan and be my out of stater and my boats exact twin (thats and award winner). I would also like to see Swibby69 and TLS come down and join the Buckeye Bash Convoy!!

So stay tuned here and facebook for continual updates from "Santa" Rob 93ProStar190!! The MAN, The MYTH, The LEGEND!!! Thanks buddy!!

KahunaCraft
03-05-2013, 09:09 PM
For some folks that don't use facebook ... Here is the brochure...

Double D
03-05-2013, 09:22 PM
For some folks that don't use facebook ... Here is the brochure...

Thanks KahunaCraft, you beat me to the punch....

KahunaCraft
03-05-2013, 09:31 PM
I think this is the location on google maps... Looks like a great event. Might become a great excuse for a road trip!

tls
03-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Maybe I can get Frankster66 to come down from Michigan and be my out of stater and my boats exact twin (thats and award winner). I would also like to see Swibby69 and TLS come down and join the Buckeye Bash Convoy!!

I had been hearing about the Buckeye Bash for a couple of years even before I joined Team Talk. Now that I have officially become a MasterCraft owner, I'm looking forward to joining the convoy! I'm pretty sure Swibby69 will be there as well.

Double D
03-05-2013, 09:57 PM
I think this is the location on google maps... Looks like a great event. Might become a great excuse for a road trip!

Yes, that's the place.

Double D
03-05-2013, 09:57 PM
I had been hearing about the Buckeye Bash for a couple of years even before I joined Team Talk. Now that I have officially become a MasterCraft owner, I'm looking forward to joining the convoy! I'm pretty sure Swibby69 will be there as well.

Very cool!!

TOO-TALL
03-05-2013, 10:09 PM

I feel the same:)

riverman200
03-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Definitely will be there, maybe for the weekend!, the ice is melting off the lakes hope to get out over Easter, last one to hit the water is a rotten egg. ( or just smarter to wait for warmer water)!

jhall0711
03-06-2013, 12:03 AM
Hmmmm why wait till Easter. Supposed to in the sixties this weekend. :D

Double D when you gonna come for one of our freeze our arse off runs?

captain planet
03-06-2013, 06:41 AM
Well, considering making the trip again this year. I would like to get in more than 4 passes before I hit something this time though.

Double D
03-06-2013, 07:07 AM

We'll see. Ssssixties??

Double D
03-06-2013, 07:09 AM
Well, considering making the trip again this year. I would like to get in more than 4 passes before I hit something this time though.

Two things: stay more towards the middle and keep me out of the boat. My driving record is spotless but my passenger record isn't looking too good. :)

frankster66
03-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Hey Double D!!!

I saw the pictures from last year’s Buckeye Bash, it looked like a supper great time, I will defiantly add this event to our radar screen for this summer.
I'm sure it would be nice to get the twin sisters together... LOL…and I’ll have to check, being a Michigan fan, I might need special permission to visit Ohio… Go blue!!:D

Mgboyd25
03-06-2013, 07:47 AM

JHALL!
I got me a brand new fancy wetsuit this year from Oneil.
Let me know if you guys break the ice in the AK

93Prostar190
03-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Hey Double D!!!

I saw the pictures from last year’s Buckeye Bash, it looked like a supper great time, I will defiantly add this event to our radar screen for this summer.
I'm sure it would be nice to get the twin sisters together... LOL…and I’ll have to check, being a Michigan fan, I might need special permission to visit Ohio… Go blue!!:D

Michigan fans welcome ... no ill-will on this visit to the Buckeye state .... in November the climate may change around campus however ...

It would be great to see some out of state boats at our humble gathering!!!

Norm, James if you are watching we need a pro rider/skier sighting this year .... :)

(thanks Mods for making us sticky)

Rockman
03-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Michigan fans welcome ... no ill-will on this visit to the Buckeye state .... in November the climate may change around campus however ...

Norm, James if you are watching we need a pro rider/skier sighting this year .... :)

Classic...:rant:

Oh well, freed up weekend then...

captain planet
03-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Hey Double D!!!

I have been pondering this possibility of a meatchicken boat at our BUCKEYE gathering.......I'm formulating a penance and will present it once I know it is perfect. My first thought is it may involve a BUCKEYES flag or something! ;) Tune in later..........

jhall0711
03-06-2013, 01:46 PM
JHALL!
I got me a brand new fancy wetsuit this year from Oneil.
Let me know if you guys break the ice in the AK

Heck yea... I will hopefully be within the next few weeks if this most recent round of snow goes away.... Cant wait to see all ya guys again and most importantly... Get back on the water...

jhall0711
03-06-2013, 01:48 PM

Dont worry Rob... I will be there. And we all know that I am nothing less than pro.

Double D
03-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Hey Double D!!!

You don't need permission from us and all are welcome. We all hope we get some out of staters this year, and don't worry about Captain Planet, he is harmless!! ;)

Hope you make it!!

Double D
03-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Dont worry Rob... I will be there. And we all know that I am nothing less than pro.

Can't wait to watch you!! What's the new trick this year, an even better way to store the alcohol? Drinking while skiing?? :)

jhall0711
03-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Can't wait to watch you!! What's the new trick this year, an even better way to store the alcohol? Drinking while skiing?? :)

Beer helmet while running slalom course....

Double D
03-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Beer helmet while running slalom course....

Now that, I will pay money to see!! Love it!!

TOO-TALL
03-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Where does everyone stay hotel,campground?

93Prostar190
03-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Where does everyone stay hotel,campground?

Great question ... the O'Shaughnessy Reservoir does not have a camp ground and in year's past any of our overnight guests have stayed a local hotel about 6 miles or less away.

Most people make this a day trip since it is centrally located in Ohio and most people return home late that night.

Hoping that we can extend the event into a 2nd day for the intrepid few that can handle a hangover get together the next morning with surfing and slalom.

to be honest, the lake is always really empty the next morning and it allows us to do more of what we love to do.

some special VIP's have also had the mis-fortune of coming by my humble pad, and that usually results in drinking way too late into the night.

There is a camp ground nearby, I can also help with hotel recommendation and lastly ... who knows with enough interest we can check out the possibility of a "tent city" in the area of O'Shaughnessy.

We like O'Shaughnessy since it has limited traffic due to it's shape and there are no tubers or PWC's there .. we also get a permit from the City and have a good rapport with the local City Warden. They let us take over the parking lot and it has a boat show feel.

If we move the event to a venue like Alum Creek we would gain a campground but lose a lot of the other things that are nice about O"shaughnessy.

for those that attended last year, the water conditions were great all day right?

So ... hotel in the Dublin / Columbus Zoo area are good choices.

For you out of towners, the Columbus Zoo and Zoombezi Bay water park at right next to O'Shuaghnessy which makes it easier to get the family to the event.

We eat dinner at the Bogey after the event and the last 2 years we had live music which was pretty darn good.

WillyT has an X-Star you can probably stay in his bow and he won't notice. :)

Double D
03-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Great question ... the O'Shaughnessy Reservoir does not have a camp ground and in year's past any of our overnight guests have stayed a local hotel about 6 miles or less away.

Most people make this a day trip since it is centrally located in Ohio and most people return home late that night.

Hoping that we can extend the event into a 2nd day for the intrepid few that can handle a hangover get together the next morning with surfing and slalom.

to be honest, the lake is always really empty the next morning and it allows us to do more of what we love to do.

some special VIP's have also had the mis-fortune of coming by my humble pad, and that usually results in drinking way too late into the night.

There is a camp ground nearby, I can also help with hotel recommendation and lastly ... who knows with enough interest we can check out the possibility of a "tent city" in the area of O'Shaughnessy.

We like O'Shaughnessy since it has limited traffic due to it's shape and there are no tubers or PWC's there .. we also get a permit from the City and have a good rapport with the local City Warden. They let us take over the parking lot and it has a boat show feel.

If we move the event to a venue like Alum Creek we would gain a campground but lose a lot of the other things that are nice about O"shaughnessy.

for those that attended last year, the water conditions were great all day right?

So ... hotel in the Dublin / Columbus Zoo area are good choices.

For you out of towners, the Columbus Zoo and Zoombezi Bay water park at right next to O'Shuaghnessy which makes it easier to get the family to the event.

We eat dinner at the Bogey after the event and the last 2 years we had live music which was pretty darn good.

WillyT has an X-Star you can probably stay in his bow and he won't notice. :)

From what I remember, this hangover thing happened to you on Saturday morning, not Sunday! Could you handle two nights like that?? :D

Will need to seriously consider staying Saturday night. Would love the "Tent City" idea. I would need to get buy in from the crew...

93Prostar190
03-08-2013, 04:04 PM
"From what I remember, this hangover thing happened to you on Saturday morning, not Sunday! Could you handle two nights like that?? "

DoubleD ..... bring a friend and pack a lunch ... 2 nights, not a problem. ;)

MattsCraft
03-08-2013, 04:07 PM

I resemble that remark:rolleyes:

Double D
03-08-2013, 04:14 PM

I resemble that remark:rolleyes:

Hence, the other half of the Hangover Crew!!

Ski-me
03-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Hmmm....1,250 miles away.:(

Wish it were closer to me. Sounds like a lot of fun! :friday:

Double D
03-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Hmmm....1,250 miles away.:(

Wish it were closer to me. Sounds like a lot of fun! :friday:

Yeah, that sucks!

If you were closer than we would get an award for the most identical boats at the event if I could get you, Frankster66, Ben, and Footn... Who else with a 94 PS205??

Footin
03-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Yeah, that sucks!

If you were closer than we would get an award for the most identical boats at the event if I could get you, Frankster66, Ben, and Footn... Who else with a 94 PS205??

AAAAhhhhhhh, I might have a new one by then.

Mgboyd25
03-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Im torn! Do I come early for PreBash Hangover or Stay over for Sunday Funday!
Yiecks!

Double D
03-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Yiecks!

My problem too. But the convoy pushes me to considering the stay Saturday night.

Double D
03-08-2013, 05:22 PM
AAAAhhhhhhh, I might have a new one by then.

That's ok, you would be the "black" sheep of the group anyway. :)

mikeg205
03-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Want to do this... just need to talk my wife into a 5.5 hour ride.. ;)

MattsCraft
03-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Hence, the other half of the Hangover Crew!!

Yup, pretty much all my fault;)

Yiecks!

Always a good time, Prostar... whatever his screen name, can't remember... (Rob) can't miss the free show "Crazy Funny" and you don't have to pay extra for it...

My problem too. But the convoy pushes me to considering the stay Saturday night.

You gotta make the pre-party this year, but stay the hell away from Susan's bedroom, lol

MattsCraft
03-08-2013, 09:45 PM
OK - Mainly for Dave, since he asked and Roberto, Willy too, preview of MattsCraft II.

Sorry, this is the best I can get from the MC web "Build A Boat"
X25 - Navy Flake, Gun Metal Flake and everything else Black - Interior is all Carbon Platinum with Navy accents and Black welt cord. Pretty much every other option offered except heated seats, don't feel the need... and all yes it has the BTS windshield, love it or hate it, I think it rocks the boat:headbang:

Born On Date: 4/22/13
Delivery Date: 5/3/13

God willing and the creek don't rise, as Mom always said, God rest her sole...

MattsCraft
03-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Forgot to add, 6.2 Ilmor H&ll yeah:banana: I am not compensating for anything, I don't care what she said...

Double D
03-08-2013, 10:02 PM
OK - Mainly for Dave, since he asked and Roberto, Willy too, preview of MattsCraft II.

X25 - Navy Flake, Gun Metal Flake and everything else Black - Interior is all Carbon Platinum with Navy accents and Black welt cord. Pretty much every other option offered except heated seats, don't feel the need... and all yes it has the BTS windshield, love it or hate it, I think it rocks the boat:headbang:

WOW!! Looks sweet!! Congrats to you and family on your new boat!! Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see it!!

willyt
03-08-2013, 10:27 PM
hmm navy flake and black... sounds familiar...

MattsCraft
03-08-2013, 10:29 PM
WOW!! Looks sweet!! Congrats to you and family on your new boat!! Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see it!!

Thanks DD, it really is a bitter sweet ride for me, My X2 was my first "real boat" "inboard", she will be missed immensely, meaning, she is and always will be my first love, as the saying goes, geez. It will be hard for me to see her at this years Bash, just hope the new owners treat her with as much love as I did. The best memory's to date, new ones are only in dreams...

OK, now that's weird right?

MattsCraft
03-08-2013, 10:32 PM
hmm navy flake and black... sounds familiar...
Whatever...Kidding, but the new Navy Flake is Kick A** my man:D

Ben
03-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Yeah, that sucks!

Possibly may attend, although boat will most likely be home. Mine is black and grey. Oddly enough, it has a twin on the lake, but I have never talked to them, as they are not out much.

I do know the guys with the 93 s&s's. Yes, plural, one red and one blue...

jhall0711
03-08-2013, 11:08 PM
"From what I remember, this hangover thing happened to you on Saturday morning, not Sunday! Could you handle two nights like that?? "

DoubleD ..... bring a friend and pack a lunch ... 2 nights, not a problem. ;)

And my spot in the backyard is still reserved right? :D:D

93Prostar190
03-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Matt thanks for sharing, I have been wondering what the next Mattscraft would look like, looking forward to seeing you behind the wheel of that thing.

Permission to come aboard captain?

I plan to crash your Masterbash party this year. And as you know. I sometimes just show up!

93Prostar190
03-09-2013, 12:45 AM
And my spot in the backyard is still reserved right? :D:D

My casa es su casa.

Double D
03-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Possibly may attend, although boat will most likely be home. Mine is black and grey. Oddly enough, it has a twin on the lake, but I have never talked to them, as they are not out much.

I do know the guys with the 93 s&s's. Yes, plural, one red and one blue...

Ahh, your the "black sheep" too similar to Footin. He has the white, black and green one you see in the 2011 Buckeye Bash.

zsqure
03-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Hey jhall you and captain planet have to flip for dance floor duty this year. Just sayin.

jhall0711
03-11-2013, 12:15 AM
There will be no dancing on my bow.

Double D
03-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Hey jhall you and captain planet have to flip for dance floor duty this year. Just sayin.

Was that a feature you talked about when you sold the boat? "This bow was used for the Boyd dance number at Buckeye bash 3!" Definitely made it worth more money, IMO!! :D:D

zsqure
03-11-2013, 05:04 PM
There will be no dancing on my bow.

Don't be a hater mon!

jhall0711
03-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Don't be a hater mon!

Not hating. But those of us that keep our boats for more than a year have to worry about keeping em nice. :D:D

zsqure
03-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Just taking advantage of an opportunity, besides I introduced a new person to Mastercraft ownership.

Mgboyd25
03-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Not hating. But those of us that keep our boats for more than a year have to worry about keeping em nice. :D:D

Haters gonna hate......
I'm gonna dance my a$$ off on your bow

willyt
03-12-2013, 08:52 AM
ive missed all three dances... and i've been at all 3 bashes

we NEED a big raft-up this year

Double D
03-12-2013, 09:36 AM
ive missed all three dances... and i've been at all 3 bashes

we NEED a big raft-up this year

That's OK Willy. Your the guy with all the young ladies in the boat so its better for you that they don't see Boyd dance. IMHO :D:D

Yes, a big raft up with a PICTURE from the bridge!!! We'll need to add that to the schedule.

zsqure
03-12-2013, 10:01 AM
We need one of those BIG floaty things. 20' diameter we can all tie up to stern-in.

Double D
03-12-2013, 10:23 AM
We need one of those BIG floaty things. 20' diameter we can all tie up to stern-in.

I actually have an item that goes by that description in my garage attic (For Sale). I bet its not what you meant but I am pretty sure it would be against the rules of the lake anyway??? :(

You can see it in the picture below...

zsqure
03-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Yeppers. But larger across.
Bet we could use it at boaters beach down at the fork.

93Prostar190
03-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Tie up with a picture from the bridge, that sounds great .... We should be able to tie up side to side without too much trouble if the wind is down ... A few anchors from boats and the line should hold .... Well will put together a time of day like 2:00? On the schedule?

Maybe a GoPro in time lapse mode on a Tri pod would be sweet?

Double D
03-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Tie up with a picture from the bridge, that sounds great .... We should be able to tie up side to side without too much trouble if the wind is down ... A few anchors from boats and the line should hold .... Well will put together a time of day like 2:00? On the schedule?

Maybe a GoPro in time lapse mode on a Tri pod would be sweet?

I know we can make that happen since we both now own one!! I did a time lapse while I was in Mexico at the beach. Cool stuff!!

willyt
03-12-2013, 01:32 PM
I actually have an item that goes by that description in my garage attic (For Sale). I bet its not what you meant but I am pretty sure it would be against the rules of the lake anyway??? :(

You can see it in the picture below...

Actually I don't think it is... As long as its not towable

jhall0711
03-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Just taking advantage of an opportunity, besides I introduced a new person to Mastercraft ownership.

Z you know I'm just messing with you. If I had the doll hairs I would be looking for an upgrade too.

Boyd: I'm gonna put the most slippery coat of wax on that thing. The dance may have a surprise finish. :D

zsqure
03-14-2013, 12:51 PM
JH, it's all good. Each one of us has their own quirky level of MCOCD'ness.
I for one am stir crazy this time of year and would love to just hang out in the boat with a beer, a magazine and listen to the stereo for a while. Old man winter just doesn't want to let go.
After the sale of the '88 Prostar, it was expressed to me that something needs done about all the "toys" in the garage that belong to the boys and I........so I now have a project to complete before I can do any work on the new boat. The first half of the project will be complete this weekend.

Double D
03-14-2013, 12:57 PM
I for one am stir crazy this time of year and would love to just hang out in the boat with a beer, a magazine and listen to the stereo for a while. Old man winter just doesn't want to let go.
After the sale of the '88 Prostar, it was expressed to me that something needs done about all the "toys" in the garage that belong to the boys and I........so I now have a project to complete before I can do any work on the new boat. The first half of the project will be complete this weekend.

I think that new toy project should include a new storage area, like a toy garage, with the main attraction being the 209, new tower, and in the up position while storing.

I know, I guy can dream for you, right??

jhall0711
03-14-2013, 03:52 PM

I hear ya man. We are getting closer I suppose... Or at least thats what I keep telling myself. I was over in the boat this past weekend doing some cleaning. We are taking a house boat trip to Dale Hollow the second week of May so I was hoping to get out at least a few times before that just to shake the cob webs off from winter. Hopefully it will let up soon.

You gonna build storage as DD says or just reorganizing in a way to please the MRS?

zsqure
03-15-2013, 07:02 AM
[QUOTE

You gonna build storage as DD says or just reorganizing in a way to please the MRS?[/QUOTE]

Re Org to keep the Mrs happy. Missed the opportunity to add a 4th garage when we put on an addition in 2000. Should have done it then when building materials were 1/2 what they are now.

93Prostar190
03-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Buckeye Bash IV ..... 5 months from now ...... countdown continues ...

Go ahead and leave work now, go to Happy Hour ... WillyT will pick up the tab ... peace!

Double D
03-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Buckeye Bash IV ..... 5 months from now ...... countdown continues ...

Go ahead and leave work now, go to Happy Hour ... WillyT will pick up the tab ... peace!

Thanks Santa Rob, and WillyT!!! BB4!!

MattsCraft
03-15-2013, 06:05 PM

4 days to make changes and she goes Red, went ahead and added... Flush Kit, on-Board Charger, yeah heated seats, why not? and GPS data. My new JL MHD 750/1 is sitting on my kitchen table, ready and waiting to be put in. Can't wait to see how much this brightens up the tower speakers:woohoo:

Double D
03-15-2013, 06:11 PM
4 days to make changes and she goes Red, went ahead and added... Flush Kit, on-Board Charger, yeah heated seats, why not? and GPS data. My new JL MHD 750/1 is sitting on my kitchen table, ready and waiting to be put in. Can't wait to see how much this brightens up the tower speakers:woohoo:

Going with some red huh? Got any new screen shots?

93Prostar190
03-15-2013, 06:27 PM

Red is a reference to the production, freeze no further changes allowed ..... Is my guess .... It also symbolizes the numbers on the checking account going from black to red ..... :)

I officially call shotgun on that ride after Matt's awesome family, and Susan .... I will even pinky fight Willy for the spot!

MattsCraft
03-15-2013, 06:30 PM

No DD, colors are the same, guess I should have clarified, the term "Red" is used by MC on the build slot, meaning, no more changes. Whatever is on the build sheet is what you are getting regardless, lol.

Double D
03-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Red is a reference to the production, freeze no further changes allowed ..... Is my guess .... It also symbolizes the numbers on the checking account going from black to red ..... :)

I officially call shotgun on that ride after Matt's awesome family, and Susan .... I will even pinky fight Willy for the spot!

It is Friday evening and I have had a few already......

93Prostar190
03-15-2013, 06:46 PM
It is Friday evening and I have had a few already......

Cheers!91181

willyt
04-05-2013, 09:49 AM
mattscraft. you need a new avatar

93Prostar190
04-05-2013, 10:18 AM
I agree with WillyT, maybe something more modern?

Sotipnomon
04-09-2013, 12:32 AM
I talked to my buddy in Columbus today and he should be around for a place to stay and an observer. I may bring my boys over for a getaway. This seems fairly kid friendly, would that be accurate?

Double D
04-09-2013, 08:13 AM
I talked to my buddy in Columbus today and he should be around for a place to stay and an observer. I may bring my boys over for a getaway. This seems fairly kid friendly, would that be accurate?

I would say very kid friendly. Maybe half the boats had young children each year. If you check each years pictures on the facebook page (should be available without an account) you can see what I mean.

The annual MgBoyd25 dance is typically a funny highlight for kids... :rolleyes:

Hope you can make it!

93Prostar190
04-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Yes sir ... like DD said .... kid friendly and you would represent Indiana well if you brought a sweet boat with you! C'mon over !!! It will be worth the trip.

Double D
04-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Yes sir ... like DD said .... kid friendly and you would represent Indiana well if you brought a sweet boat with you! C'mon over !!! It will be worth the trip.

93prostar190, one more post buddy and you hit 1000!!! 999 and counting!!! A big day! :D:D

93Prostar190
04-09-2013, 09:07 AM
93prostar190, one more post buddy and you hit 1000!!! 999 and counting!!! A big day! :D:D

What?

Double D
04-09-2013, 09:14 AM
What?

Well, you did it!!

MattsCraft
04-09-2013, 12:27 PM
mattscraft. you need a new avatar

I agree with WillyT, maybe something more modern?

I know, delivered MattsCraft I, Sunday, will have to wait for the new one for pictures to change it to MattsCraft II.:D

Double D
04-22-2013, 08:52 AM

I don't know about you guys in Central and Southern Ohio, but the way the weather is going it's going to Matt's delivery day before we can even get on the water. Matt, if your situation with weather is the same as ours your probably thanking the gods right now your not missing anything!!

All I can say is, THIS SUCKS!!!

Mastercraft13
04-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Yes it does Double D, but I couldn't hold out any longer! Went out on O'Shaughnessy Saturday afternoon and Alum Creek yesterday. The heater option was worth every penny! Even got a little surfing in, well at least attempted to. Still playing around with ballast.

Double D
04-22-2013, 09:26 AM
Yes it does Double D, but I couldn't hold out any longer! Went out on O'Shaughnessy Saturday afternoon and Alum Creek yesterday. The heater option was worth every penny! Even got a little surfing in, well at least attempted to. Still playing around with ballast.

That's one item I am missing, a heater. But no real plans to install one since my brothers boat has one and we can use his.

You get the heated seats too? :mad:

hondaprlud
04-22-2013, 09:46 AM
I can't stand it, the boat is out of storage sitting in my driveway and I've had to clear snow off the cover.:mad::mad:

Mastercraft13
04-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Didn't do the heated seats, didn't think it was worth the extra cash. Just the shower and heater.

MattsCraft
04-22-2013, 02:20 PM
I don't know about you guys in Central and Southern Ohio, but the way the weather is going it's going to Matt's delivery day before we can even get on the water. Matt, if your situation with weather is the same as ours your probably thanking the gods right now your not missing anything!!

Yup - Must say, it has made spring a bit easier not having the boat and cold weekends:rolleyes: I think production started late last week, should be mid-way mid week. Last I heard was 4/30 delivery, better be frickin warm 5/4. No pictures from the build yet.

captain planet
04-22-2013, 04:43 PM

I agree!!! There was snow on my neighbors shed roof on Saturday when I got up to go to the lake and dewinterize our water system at the boat club. I hope the pipes didn't freeze Saturday night after we left. It got down to 28! :mad::mad:

93Prostar190
04-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Hey MC13 I will keep an eye out for you, I live by Alum....

Mastercraft13
04-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Cool, I have a med blue and grey x10

Hoosier Bob
04-22-2013, 11:37 PM
Are you and Rockman going??AAAAhhhhhhh, I might have a new one by then.

93Prostar190
05-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Hello fellow MC Buckeye Bashers ... this is your early May reminder of the greatest boat owner reunion in all of the land .... or at least in the Midwest, or Ohio ... but we are the best MC bash in Ohio ... we have the t-shirts to prove it!

So ... the weather is coming around and we are all getting our MC's ready for the water. So we won't rush your Summer, but keep in mind August 17/18, 2013 ... for Buckeye Bash IV ....

All out of state attendee's will receive VIP status and extra swag!

Just added to the day's agenda ... Mattscraft will be providing a 1 hour seminar entitled "Ilmor, more than an engine, it is your friend"

Captain Planet is also hosting a hands on session called "This prop is fine ... just need to straighten this blade right here ....."

Footin will be following that interesting topic with "Boat Shopping 101 ..."

JKSKI will also be signing his latest line of home building supplies and items for the contractor in all of us. Now available at your local hardware store .. the 40th anniversary JKSKI tool set.

and lastly ... WillyT will be hosting the 3rd part of his Wakeboarding Instructional series .... "How Slammed is slammed?"

Get on the water !!!!! peace out!

zsqure
05-17-2013, 07:57 AM
With the holiday weekend on the horizon, where is everybody going to be? Fun, Sun, Booze and Bikinis?

Double D
05-17-2013, 08:06 AM
With the holiday weekend on the horizon, where is everybody going to be? Fun, Sun, Booze and Bikinis?

I'm still thinking a Salt Fork GTG for Monday the 27th. All in say "I", or "Maybe I"....

jkski
05-17-2013, 08:34 AM
We could all get together at the new house for a fun weekend of cleaning, touch-up painting, etc., in prep for the big move.......I know, too much excitement for you guys to handle!

Double D
05-17-2013, 09:06 AM
We could all get together at the new house for a fun weekend of cleaning, touch-up painting, etc., in prep for the big move.......I know, too much excitement for you guys to handle!

Hmmmmmm........ :rolleyes: My Honey-Do list is quite extreme with a graduation party coming up in a Month... Might not be able to assist with that.... 8p But thanks for asking.... :D

zsqure
05-17-2013, 09:17 AM
JK, work your arse off Sat and Sunday, then come celebrate summer with us on Monday.
My honey do list is almost complete. :D Graduation for our (DD and Mine) kids is this Monday. Before you know it Josh will be at the same point in his life, gotta plan time to play my friend.

captain planet
05-17-2013, 01:07 PM

I'd love to come over and help, but I have this huge concrete driveway that extends back to my garage now and I need to plant grass next to it. You understand, right? :D

Double D
05-22-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm still thinking a Salt Fork GTG for Monday the 27th. All in say "I", or "Maybe I"....

OK boys!! Sound off if you have any interest in a Memorial Day GTG at Salt Fork State Park?

As of today the weather is not perfect as it shows 74 degrees and partly cloudy, but that would not keep me off the water. With it being six days away that will change, and hope for the better.

pap
05-22-2013, 11:12 AM
normally I would be there, but have to work.

Double D
05-22-2013, 11:14 AM
normally I would be there, but have to work.

Memorial Day?? WTH??

jkski
05-22-2013, 11:14 AM
I will have to catch-up with you guys another weekend down there as we are working hard to wind down the construction and get moved in so that we can start enjoying the boat this summer!

zsqure
05-23-2013, 07:05 PM
I should be down there with the boys, gray skies will keep the tubers away!

93Prostar190
05-23-2013, 08:01 PM
The 93Prostar190 crew is very interested, but I may not be able to attend if our ski club is putting in the course this weekend, all hands on deck to put the course in, so I need to help out, since there is only like 8 of us!

jhall0711
05-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Rob I will join this year if I make the call list for people's third (since I will studying for the bar all summer in C'bus and will not have the MC there)

Mgboyd25
05-24-2013, 07:08 AM
J-Hall let me know if you make it up to the AK at all this summer and need a break from the study grind.
Good luck btw!

Mgboyd25
05-24-2013, 07:10 AM
I actually may be able to make it! I just need to see if I can get a crew together and make sure I don't need to help someone move

jhall0711
05-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Yea I may be around some, but most my free weekends naturally will be spent down at the river. I still need to set up a weekend for yall to come down there. Prolly gonna be towards the end of summer at this point.

Double D
05-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Once again, Mother Nature has screwed us!! The forecast temp has dropped and so has the attendance for a Salt Fork GTG tomorrow. I guess we'll try again some other time.

Sent from Never Neverland using Tapatalk 2

Mgboyd25
05-26-2013, 10:41 PM
I won't be making it down to salt fork, but going to try for West branch. It will be cold but looks like no wind!

Double D
05-27-2013, 10:19 AM
I won't be making it down to salt fork, but going to try for West branch. It will be cold but looks like no wind!

Hope you made it out. I woke up to an unexpected rain cloud coming across the area that shut me down. I can catch a break...

Mgboyd25
05-27-2013, 12:34 PM
We actually got out there this a.m. it was not too cold at all. Especially with the new heater that JKski helped me put in. The water was awesome!
Anyway, the fisherman have been really bad this year so far. They seem to be following us a lot and not paying attention where our skiers are. Maybe its just me but I find it hard to miss a guy with a yellow boat and barefoot suit

Mgboyd25
05-27-2013, 12:35 PM
We didn't catch rain until we pulled on my road to return!

Mgboyd25
05-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Hope you made it out. I woke up to an unexpected rain cloud coming across the area that shut me down. I can catch a break...

Just look at it this way.. We are getting all the rain out of the way so we have clear skies for the buckeye bash this year!!!
(and keep some water in Berlin)

zsqure
05-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Glad someone got out this morning. That heater has got to be great on days like today. Spoke with my buddy in Cbus at noon, said it was sunny and 67. Hope Rob got his keel wet this weekend.

93Prostar190
05-27-2013, 08:36 PM
We put the course in today .... No skiing and the water temps were tolerable without neo ..... Hoping to ski in the near future ... Like this week!

jhall0711
05-30-2013, 07:14 PM
We put the course in today .... No skiing and the water temps were tolerable without neo ..... Hoping to ski in the near future ... Like this week!

Hey 93... or any of the other local guys for that matter... I am in the Columbus are studying for the Bar Exam all summer and the 190 is down at my boat club. So anytime you need a third or fourth and so on give me a call. Can be up that way pretty quick from campus area. Would love to get out at any time.

Willing to compensate with beer, gas, cash or other favors... within reason :)

Mastercraft13
05-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Jhall looking for a 3rd, Wednesday nights at Griggs. Also might head out Saturday morning to Oshan if the weather holds out.

93Prostar190
05-31-2013, 05:57 AM
JHall .... You will definitely hear from me, lets connect and ski soon !

willyt
05-31-2013, 11:51 AM
still trying to figure out how to weigh the 10?

Mastercraft13
06-02-2013, 11:12 AM
still trying to figure out how to weigh the 10?

Going to try a few different set ups next week, probably going to do it out on oshan to leave you the calm water.

willyt
06-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Going to try a few different set ups next week, probably going to do it out on oshan to leave you the calm water.

:D thanks. we had 2 boats surfing sunday and it completely chewed up the water. was actually kinda dangerous to drive around in considering how low my bow is all the time :eek:

well, if you ever need an opinion on how the wakeboard wake is, i'm game

93Prostar190
06-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Good morning Buckeye Bashers ... just a reminder ... August 17 - O'Shaughnessy Reservoir .... be there or be ZSqure !

Keep it on the radar ... the slalom course is in place! and the Swag and bling is already being planned ... so even Double D will get something fresh this year.

WillyT will be putting on a small clinic on ballast on your boat .....

Keep boatin, and in the words of the world famous, MGBOYD25 .... prepare to dance!

Double D
06-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Good morning Buckeye Bashers ... just a reminder ... August 17 - O'Shaughnessy Reservoir .... be there or be ZSqure !

Keep it on the radar ... the slalom course is in place! and the Swag and bling is already being planned ... so even Double D will get something fresh this year.

WillyT will be putting on a small clinic on ballast on your boat .....

Keep boatin, and in the words of the world famous, MGBOYD25 .... prepare to dance!

Yippie!!! I had to go to CBus today for work and ran the route for the Convoy. We'll have a little construction and berm driving for a while on 71 South.. :(:(

93Prostar190
06-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Hi ... Mastercraft13 ... any chance that an Audi Q5 flashed his headlights at you last night around 7:20 PM, just South of the Alum Creek Dam?

that was me and my family saying hello as your sweet rig went by .... see you on the water soon, look for a PS 214 with Mini-Tower ! Peace.

Mastercraft13
06-10-2013, 03:22 PM
93 - yep that was me, usually we stay away from Alum on the weekends but decided to mix it up a little yesterday.

93Prostar190
06-19-2013, 08:28 AM
For those about to rock ........ we salute you!
2 months till Buckeye Bash IV .... pretty soon the RSVP's will start rolling in .... but keep this date on your calendar!!!!

Keep boating, enjoy the weather and pretty soon we will start posting more details about this year's Bash which will be, bigger, better, and new improved.

We recently did a small interview with WillyT ... here is a small sample:

Q: WillyT - are you a Mastercraft owner?
WillyT : Yep.

Q: Does your wake ever need more ballast?
WillyT: Don't they all? I mean if you are not slammed, then you are not riding.

Q: What is the coolest feature in your boat?
WillyT: What did you say? I could not hear you over my stereo!

Q: Do you really belong to a boating club?
WillyT: I joined it to meet chicks.

Q: Will you be at Buckeye Bash IV?
WillyT: You bet ... see you all there!!!! Buckeye Bash IV ... be there!!!!

Thank you, now back to our HGTV segment on building your own home .....

willyt
06-20-2013, 02:17 PM
rob, you're a good dude. I don't care what everyone else says about you.

93Prostar190
06-25-2013, 04:05 PM
T-shirt ...... design is beginning .... if anyone has any design ideas for the super awesome Buckeye Bash IV shirt, then please send in ideas .... for now the design team is starting to draft the new concept and will post a preview in the near future on TT .....

We have to beat the previous years shirts which may be a tall order .... but we can do it .... pretty soon we will have RSVP roll call after July 4th ..... the goal is over 40 boats this year .....

DoubleD ... please keep driving the Facebook side of things .... last years t-shirt worn by these fine models ....

Double D
06-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Up and posted on FB, and I agree, it will be a tall order to come up with a better one, but we will....

T-shirt ...... design is beginning .... if anyone has any design ideas for the super awesome Buckeye Bash IV shirt, then please send in ideas .... for now the design team is starting to draft the new concept and will post a preview in the near future on TT .....

We have to beat the previous years shirts which may be a tall order .... but we can do it .... pretty soon we will have RSVP roll call after July 4th ..... the goal is over 40 boats this year .....

DoubleD ... please keep driving the Facebook side of things .... last years t-shirt worn by these fine models ....

Double D
06-26-2013, 11:46 AM
We have two suggestions and our first image from MattsCraft over on Facebook. Check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200713250106929&set=o.551617888198945&type=1&theater

The other suggestion was Yellow Shirts!! Can you guess who suggested that?? :rolleyes:

Mgboyd25
06-26-2013, 12:25 PM
We have two suggestions and our first image from MattsCraft over on Facebook. Check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200713250106929&set=o.551617888198945&type=1&theater

The other suggestion was Yellow Shirts!! Can you guess who suggested that?? :rolleyes:

Hmm I wonder????? hahah!

WidowMaker
06-27-2013, 01:47 PM
I saw the theme on facebook and made my first visit to O'Shaugnessy this past weekend. I don't own a MC (yet at least), but I'd love to try and make it out to look at some of the boats and watch some wakeboarding.

I'm digging the pirate theme, but I don't know about that yellow...

mikeg205
06-27-2013, 01:55 PM
I saw the theme on facebook and made my first visit to O'Shaugnessy this past weekend. I don't own a MC (yet at least), but I'd love to try and make it out to look at some of the boats and watch some wakeboarding.

The nose should be knocked out as well - that's the opinion of the original artist of this piece.. ;) - :D :D :D

Double D
06-27-2013, 01:55 PM

Well welcome aboard WidowMaker. Nice designs! You obviously do this for a living?

Now you all got my juices flowing....

Mastercraft13
06-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Like the black, maybe add oshan Columbus, Ohio under it. Just my 2 cents

MattsCraft
06-27-2013, 02:47 PM

I like the black one for sure!:D

WidowMaker
06-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Well welcome aboard WidowMaker. Nice designs! You obviously do this for a living?
Thanks for the welcome. Nah, don't do this for a living, i'm an engineer. I do graphic stuff on the side for fun and have made a few t-shirt designs in the past. I'd be happy to fix whatever images you want for the event though if you need it done. Don't want to step on anyone's toes though if they already do it.
The nose should be knocked out as well - that's the opinion of the original artist of this piece..
Mikeg: I assume that it is your design? I like it. The nose could probably use some rework, but with it gone completely it looks goofy.

Double D
06-27-2013, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Nah, don't do this for a living, i'm an engineer. I do graphic stuff on the side for fun and have made a few t-shirt designs in the past. I'd be happy to fix whatever images you want for the event though if you need it done. Don't want to step on anyone's toes though if they already do it.

Are you my twin? LOL I sound like the same guy. My real job is in Design and Engineering of Material Handling Systems, but I have always enjoyed the graphic design stuff for fun. However, I started making money at it and started a side business.

I designed the brochure for the event the last two years, handle the FB page, but have yet to spend any time designing a t-shirt.

WidowMaker
06-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Well as soon as you make money at it, that means you're a professional, right? :) I haven't been ambitious enough to try and make any money at doing it. Maybe you can give me some pointers later on.. the hardest part of any startup seems to be getting the initial client base (as far as I can tell).

I'll sketch up a few design modifications and can send you the full print sizes if you want to use them. If anyone has any other ideas, I can try to implement them.

WidowMaker
06-28-2013, 11:18 AM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=896&pictureid=5398

Just a quick concept i thought i'd poll your thoughts on. obviously could use some tweaks, but i think you get the idea...

mikeg205
06-28-2013, 11:23 AM

Mikeg: I assume that it is your design? I like it. The nose could probably use some rework, but with it gone completely it looks goofy.

Lol.. you may be right with the yellow...

WidowMaker
06-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Quality gets dumbed down horribly for this... but i had some time at lunch to mess around.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=896&pictureid=5399

Mastercraft13
06-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Thoughts on putting the MC shield behind the scull and crossbones? Like the new design.

mikeg205
06-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Thoughts on putting the MC shield behind the scull and crossbones? Like the new design.

I think that would be too much - IMO

mikeg205
06-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Quality gets dumbed down horribly for this... but i had some time at lunch to mess around.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=896&pictureid=5399

this is awesome.

WidowMaker
06-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Could add it to the map pretty easily to fill in the dead space.

Oh, and sorry about the image size.. Having trouble with the uploader so i have to post as an album.

Double D
06-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Love the designs. How do you take them and apply to a single or 2 color t-shirt?

WidowMaker
06-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Are you referring to a single color print on the shirt or different color shirts? If the latter, that is obviously no trouble and we just change the background to transparent.

If you typically buy single/two color shirt printings, that will require some modification. The last t-shirts I made i was able to have them screen printed with full color on hanes dri-fit and it was less than $25 for front and back printed shirts.

But, looking at tshirt from last year i see that it is two color, so i assume that you get a good deal on those. Lemme see what i can do.

WidowMaker
06-28-2013, 02:19 PM
OK, quick rendition with just 2 colors: red and black. gray bg for all you buckeye fans..
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=896&pictureid=5401

I don't get on the net much on the weekends, but I'll try to keep an eye out for any other suggestions you guys have.

I may be on Oshaughnessy sometime this weekend... if you see me, give me a wave.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=896&pictureid=5406

WidowMaker
07-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Got out yesterday afternoon for a few hours before the rain blew in. Is the blue x-10 owner on these forums?

Also saw a gray SAN and a couple other CCs. Was teaching my brother in law how to wakeboard... at least how to get up.

93Prostar190
07-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Hey Widow ... yep the X-10 is on these forums ... I will see you out there this week as weather allows...... look for a White PS214 with Mini-tower .... will certainly be out there on the 4th in the AM for some slalom.

93Prostar190
07-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Hey Widow ... also love the designs and ideas, we typically work with Norm's team (MC people) in working with the T-shirt orders but we will keep you posted ...

I think the original Pirate pic is taking the popular lead for the shirt design.

We will keep the State of Ohio shaped shield somewhere on the shirt and maybe put a small shield on the back of the shirt behind the upper back ....

Mastercraft13
07-01-2013, 09:06 AM
WidowMaker - yours truly with the blue x-10....

WidowMaker
07-01-2013, 11:28 AM
I'll keep an eye out for you. Currently I'm stuck with my I/O that I just got back here in May. Still has my NC #s on it. While messing around with that pirate logo, i did note that it isn't the authentic MC text. It must be that font that was listed somewhere else that is a close match. If you need any mods to it or anything else just let me know. I like that ohio mc shield mod.

MC13- Must have been around 2:30 when we saw you. You had just gone south of the ramp to check out the water and then went back to the no-wake area to get prepped for boarding i think. Had to explain to my in-laws what a real wakeboard boat was.... We were going to go look at the slalom course but then the wind picked up so we headed in.

93Prostar190
07-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Did I recently mention that Buckeye Bash IV is on August 17th at O'Shaughnessy Reservoir?

Last year we had a "boat load" of fun ... this year the Bogey Inn has Chris Logsdon playing that night after the water activities!!!! We are planning on having a lot of giveaways, and fun on the water.

We really need some of you out of state folks to step it up this year and come see the fun.... heck only 3 hours from Indy or 3.25 from Michigan!!! R U kidding ? c'mon down and show us your sweet boat!8p8p8p8p8p

willyt
07-02-2013, 12:42 PM
:(

brother's engagement party is that weekend... this is the first one i'll have to miss.

WidowMaker
07-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Alright, i figure i'd throw up one more image taking into account some of the earlier comments about colors and reusing the shield. Figure it could take up almost the whole shirt front. Can always remove the stars from the head or add an eye patch with a star or... whatever :)

This one is an original without reusing anyone's graphics. http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=896&pictureid=5410

pap
07-02-2013, 05:03 PM
this year will be my first planned attendance, but I for one could do without a skull, fwiw.

Double D
07-02-2013, 07:46 PM
this year will be my first planned attendance, but I for one could do without a skull, fwiw.

Yeah, maybe a bit on the dark side. :)

WidowMaker
07-03-2013, 08:40 AM
admittedly, a skull by itself is pretty dark.. with the intentions of replicating a pirate theme, it is more whimsical. :)

zsqure
07-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Buckeye Bash is about a month away, Get those rides cleaned up for the convoy! Ran into a family who boats at Lake Mowhawk with a sweet X-14, hope they can make it. I hope to see my old PS190 there as well...

riverman200
07-18-2013, 05:59 PM
Has any one taken roll call or shirt orders yet? If so my wife and I are coming, and who do we need to put shirt orders into? also are we talking convoy yet? I'm pumped and ready to be south bound and down, loaded up and trucking!!

Double D
07-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Has any one taken roll call or shirt orders yet? If so my wife and I are coming, and who do we need to put shirt orders into? also are we talking convoy yet? I'm pumped and ready to be south bound and down, loaded up and trucking!!

Riverman, nothing yet as the "host with the most" is vacationing at Norris this week. So I expect things to really start moving next week.

Glad you and wife are making it again this year. Keeping the 94's alive!!

Double D
07-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Buckeye Bash is about a month away, Get those rides cleaned up for the convoy! Ran into a family who boats at Lake Mowhawk with a sweet X-14, hope they can make it. I hope to see my old PS190 there as well...

Z, where did you run into them? Another lake?

zsqure
07-18-2013, 11:05 PM
Z, where did you run into them? Another lake?

Believe it or not I ran into them at one of Tylers' LaCross games this spring. They are from somewhere south of cleveland and were taking their boat to the lake after the game. I invited them and told them about team talk, so maybe they will show.

93Prostar190
07-19-2013, 06:27 AM
Turns out we have 4 Bashers here at Norris this week, sweet rides all the way! Hanging with Hot4tchr, WillyT, and Mattscraft today here on the big lake. Pictures to come...... Roll call next week!

Jerseydave
07-19-2013, 07:46 AM
I hope to make this event next year, so keep it going guys!
(we have a shore house that week, but not renting it next year so I'll be available)

93Prostar190
07-19-2013, 08:58 AM
Buckeye Bash boats wake up!

93Prostar190
07-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Hi everyone .... Just back from Norris ..... But I wanted to share a little story ... While down in Norris, Mattscraft came all the way to our side of the lake with his crew and new X25.... What a sweet ride!

His family is so nice and we shared a few pirate drinks together at our dock .... Matt is a great dude ! And guess where we met?

At the first Buckeye Bash! ..... That is correct ....we have great owners here in Ohio, so make sure you reserve August 17th.

Matt, we hope you come up on Friday and stay with us again!

Also on this trip, we met up with WillyT, which I met on the first Bash!

We just played flip cup on a surf board this past week ..... Again, where did I learn to surf? You guessed it Buckeye Bash I !

T shirt mock ups on the way with the pirate emblem ..... Save the date!

Footin
07-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Lookin forward to it Rob.

Double D
07-21-2013, 09:31 PM
The Bash is a Bash!!

MattsCraft
07-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Hi everyone .... Just back from Norris ..... But I wanted to share a little story ... While down in Norris, Mattscraft came all the way to our side of the lake with his crew and new X25.... What a sweet ride!

His family is so nice and we shared a few pirate drinks together at our dock .... Matt is a great dude ! And guess where we met?

At the first Buckeye Bash! ..... That is correct ....we have great owners here in Ohio, so make sure you reserve August 17th.

Matt, we hope you come up on Friday and stay with us again!

Also on this trip, we met up with WillyT, which I met on the first Bash!

We just played flip cup on a surf board this past week ..... Again, where did I learn to surf? You guessed it Buckeye Bash I !

T shirt mock ups on the way with the pirate emblem ..... Save the date!

Rob - We are planning for the entire weekend, Friday & Saturday night if that works for you guys. Great to hook up last week, even though the X25 does not have as good a surf wake as my X2, according to some young surf snob. (My Son)

Also, I will call you later this week regarding the MasterBash at Norris.

Footin
07-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Are we going to have the "Garage Sale" for used equipment? I have some good stuff to bring if we do....including a 94 205 for sale.

93Prostar190
07-28-2013, 09:07 PM
We should ! At least a swap table?

93Prostar190
07-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Good afternoon fellow Buckeye Bash IV'ers! (RSVP) Needed!!!

As you already know the big event is on August 17 at O'Shaughnessy Reservoir with a an evening follow-up at the Bogey Inn. (Chris Logsdon is playing.)

Should be awesome ... early risers will be at the ramp at 7:30 - 8:00 am local time, we have a permit so we should not run into any large fishing tourneys and we can setup shop in the parking lot, hit the water and enjoy the day.

We will have a lot of giveaways, BHM Tri-Lakes will have a sweet new boat on-site for us to check out and several of us will be at the ramp to greet any new/first timers.

Mr. Footin' will be hosting a small swap table with extra parts and if you have something extra you may want to give away or trade .. please bring it.

hot-4-teacher will be in charge of our in water lunches for those interested.

I will post water conditions the week of the event .... we will have plenty of water with all of this Summer's rains ... and the slalom course is in good shape!

T-shirts, currently working with norm's folks and we are finalizing t-shirt design .. you will see the Buckeye Bash Logo on the shirts year like last year just maybe on the back ... and a little different front design ... price will be $20 per shirt like in year's past ... We are going to have a Tank top for the ladies ... and kids sizes as well.

So please rsvp on TT or send me a PM ... or email me at rcarselle@fttechnology.com with your RSVP ....

Should be an awesome time!!!!!

doubled - please update Facebook and ask people to RSVP on there as well!!!!

Double D
07-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Northern Ohio Convoy 2013!!
Rev.0 - The Plan

Alrighty boys!! Here is the current plan for the 3rd Annual MasterCraft Convoy to the Buckeye Bash!! We're all early risers so this should be of no surprise. The ultimate plan is to be at the Bash by 9 AM. Maybe we'll even beat Rob there again!! :D

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=206635921839676857172.0004c63a43c11def1d33 9&msa=0

As you can see by the map there are two primary meeting points depending on your starting point. The above link will take you to a more interactive map of the image shown below.

Route 30/Dalton - Meet 6:30 AM to 6:40 AM - Leave 6:45 AM - Contact: Double D
IR76/71/Lodi - Meet 6:45 AM to 6:55 AM - Leave 7:00 AM - Contact: JKSKI

From these two points we hit our next stop point to bring the two groups together.

McDonalds @ Exit 169 - Meet 7:45 AM to 7:55 AM - Leave 8:00 AM

Note: Times are locked in, but delays can happen if we have someone running late.

Reminder Please send a PM to the contact for your location so they can provide their cell numbers and we can be in contact that morning to assist with any problems or wait for any stragglers.

Note Be sure that you print off your own set of directions to get to the lake. My goal is to keep the entire convoy together, but with eight boats and back roads with lights once we exit the interstate, you never know what might happen.

If your coming from another direction or don't want make the first stop, feel free to meet us at the McDonalds. Send the PM to me so we have a way to contact you.

Please RSVP here or on Facebook.

List of Previous Attendees
DOUBLE D - (NTB)
JKSKI
MGBOYD25
CAPTAIN PLANET
JHALL0711 - (NTB)
RIVERMAN200
ZSQURE - (NTB)
ABEHRENS

NTB: No Trailer Brakes

Still not sure?? Check out last years short video thanks to ABEHRENS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pw2NFIDEHQ&list=FL7S7sGjZuGIjbFMdfDgjt6w&hd=1

If your not on list and plan to join in just respond to this thread and let us know.

Double D
07-29-2013, 07:35 PM

As you already know the big event is on August 17 at O'Shaughnessy Reservoir with a an evening follow-up at the Bogey Inn. (Chris Logsdon is playing.)

Should be awesome ... early risers will be at the ramp at 7:30 - 8:00 am local time, we have a permit so we should not run into any large fishing tourneys and we can setup shop in the parking lot, hit the water and enjoy the day.

We will have a lot of giveaways, BHM Tri-Lakes will have a sweet new boat on-site for us to check out and several of us will be at the ramp to greet any new/first timers.

Mr. Footin' will be hosting a small swap table with extra parts and if you have something extra you may want to give away or trade .. please bring it.

hot-4-teacher will be in charge of our in water lunches for those interested.

I will post water conditions the week of the event .... we will have plenty of water with all of this Summer's rains ... and the slalom course is in good shape!

T-shirts, currently working with norm's folks and we are finalizing t-shirt design .. you will see the Buckeye Bash Logo on the shirts year like last year just maybe on the back ... and a little different front design ... price will be $20 per shirt like in year's past ... We are going to have a Tank top for the ladies ... and kids sizes as well.

So please rsvp on TT or send me a PM ... or email me at rcarselle@fttechnology.com with your RSVP ....

Should be an awesome time!!!!!

doubled - please update Facebook and ask people to RSVP on there as well!!!!

Ahhh... I'm in!! My Boat is in!! Working on my crew.... (All info posted on Facebook)

zsqure
07-29-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm in Double D ! I have trailer brakes this year. I will have the same four in my crew this year. Maybe the Mohawk gang can get some new folks to show from heir lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

93Prostar190
07-29-2013, 08:34 PM
Double D ... I don't remember anyone from Akron beating me there last year ... just James and Chris ...... ;) .... and you can blame Captain Mattscraft and Captain Morgan for my delay.

snowboardmark
07-29-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm in! This will be the first year. Please put me down for 2XL and 2 large t-shirts. I should have 6 on my PS 205. Looking forward to a great day. Hopefully it warms up here in Dublin.

jhall0711
07-29-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm in! This will be the first year. Please put me down for 2XL and 2 large t-shirts. I should have 6 on my PS 205. Looking forward to a great day. Hopefully it warms up here in Dublin.

Hey man... Where you at in Dublin? I am moving up there in a few weeks from campus area.

TOO-TALL
07-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Looks like I'm in....IL represent.

Leaving Friday staying at a buddys house in Wapakenta(sp)fri night.He's also a MC owner.Then were headn over sat morning.

I'll take a XXL shirt

Double D
07-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Double D ... I don't remember anyone from Akron beating me there last year ... just James and Chris ...... ;) .... and you can blame Captain Mattscraft and Captain Morgan for my delay.

Oh, maybe I slightly exaggerated the circumstances.... :D

Double D
07-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Looks like I'm in....IL represent.

Leaving Friday staying at a buddys house in Wapakenta(sp)fri night.He's also a MC owner.Then were headn over sat morning.

I'll take a XXL shirt

AWESOME!!! You could be the winner of the furthest away or longest drive award!! :banana::banana:

Ben
07-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Northern Ohio Convoy 2013!!
Rev.0 - The Plan

That video is awesome. If I were coming AND had a tow vehicle to tow the boat with, I'd have to detour that way....

I think we are hitting buckeyeville a week or two later, and with summer ending, need to stay home to enjoy the water here.

93Prostar190
07-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Too Tall we will have some extra good swag for your distance traveled!

Double D
07-29-2013, 09:11 PM
That video is awesome. If I were coming AND had a tow vehicle to tow the boat with, I'd have to detour that way....

I think we are hitting buckeyeville a week or two later, and with summer ending, need to stay home to enjoy the water here.

Oh man, we need as many 94 PS 205s as we can get there!! :(

93Prostar190
07-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Hope our Indian Lake friends with sweet X star make an appearance!

Footin
07-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Oh man, we need as many 94 PS 205s as we can get there!! :(

Mine will be in Kentucky, But I will be there so my 205 will be there in spirit!

Footin
07-29-2013, 09:16 PM
I guess I need to mooch rides from people all day.

Double D
07-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Mine will be in Kentucky, But I will be there so my 205 will be there in spirit!

WHAT?? Come on man..... :cry:

Mastercraft13
07-29-2013, 09:26 PM
We are in, 1st year officially. Need 1-XL and 1-med

Mastercraft13
07-29-2013, 09:30 PM
+1 infant if they make em? Newest addition to the family yesterday!

jakethebt
07-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Is the event going sat and sun this year?

snowboardmark
07-29-2013, 10:14 PM
Hey man... Where you at in Dublin? I am moving up there in a few weeks from campus area.

Near Coffman HS. I keep my boat at Indian Lake.

Double D
07-29-2013, 10:26 PM
+1 infant if they make em? Newest addition to the family yesterday!

Very Cool! Congrats!! If he/she makes it to the Bash they have a chance to be officially the youngest Basher to date....

willyt
07-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Hope our Indian Lake friends with sweet X star make an appearance!

and show up with some more weight this year.... someone has to be the slammer jammer.

actually... this engagement party doesnt start till 5. i could maybe stay till lunchtime...

Double D
07-29-2013, 11:17 PM
and show up with some more weight this year.... someone has to be the slammer jammer.

actually... this engagement party doesnt start till 5. i could maybe stay till lunchtime...

Well thats better than no Willy at all. IMO.

zsqure
07-30-2013, 07:05 AM

Count me in Rob! Three adult T's please Med, Lg, X-Lg. and a Med Tank for the Mrs. Keep the water warm, sun out and the winds down...
Z

riverman200
07-30-2013, 07:23 AM
Me and Mrs rivermam are in, I'll take a large T and a small tank, looking forward to some mid Ohio shenanigans! Is it a race to the lake cus "I wanna go fast!"

Double D
07-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Me and Mrs rivermam are in, I'll take a large T and a small tank, looking forward to some mid Ohio shenanigans! Is it a race to the lake cus "I wanna go fast!"

If you wanna go fast you can follow JKSKI and his diesel GM. If he wasn't in the back of the convoy he would be GONE!!! :D

jkski
07-30-2013, 12:51 PM
If you wanna go fast you can follow JKSKI and his diesel GM. If he wasn't in the back of the convoy he would be GONE!!! :D

The term you are looking for here is drafting as in! Just tuck in behind me, let off the gas and go for a ride!

riverman200
07-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Just throwing out a quote from Talladega nights, I do not typically do aggressive trailer towing, the speeds we achieved last year were just fine, especially in those constriction zones. I swear they purposely make the one lane you have to drive in as rough as they can so we have no choice but to do 50 or less in.

Double D
07-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Just throwing out a quote from Talladega nights, I do not typically do aggressive trailer towing, the speeds we achieved last year were just fine, especially in those constriction zones. I swear they purposely make the one lane you have to drive in as rough as they can so we have no choice but to do 50 or less in.

And, the construction is still there. The right lane is the berm so we'll stay in the left. Screw everyone else!! :D:D

willyt
07-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Hey guys... Just a reminder on setting the order for the convoy... It should probably go worst trailer brakes in the front to best trailer brakes in the back...

Double D
07-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Hey guys... Just a reminder on setting the order for the convoy... It should probably go worst trailer brakes in the front to best trailer brakes in the back...

Willy, Why do you think I lead this thing each year?? I have the worst trailer brakes; NONE!!

captain planet
07-30-2013, 06:46 PM

And, the construction is still there. The right lane is the berm so we'll stay in the left. Screw everyone else!! :D:D

I've been through there three times in the last month, including today, and it is a mess. Left lane while towing for sure! We won't make any friends that morning for sure but they can get over it or die mad!8p

MattsCraft
07-31-2013, 10:09 AM

I represent that remark:rolleyes:

TOO-TALL
07-31-2013, 08:49 PM
anyone have gps coordinates for the boat launch?

Double D
07-31-2013, 09:28 PM
anyone have gps coordinates for the boat launch?

Check my convoy map. It should have it on there. Called Buckeye Bash.

https://www.google.com/maps?output=classic&dg=opt

Footin
07-31-2013, 09:42 PM
Troy, are you bringing your X2?

93Prostar190
07-31-2013, 09:49 PM
Hi fellows ... just went to Akron and towed down my NON-Leaky 214 from Tri-Lakes ....... the construction was not too bad at all ... on a Saturday morning it should be just fine.

Peace ..... working on t-shirts as of yet ... we have till 8/5 for t-shirt orders ..... please continue to RSVP ....

TOO-TALL
07-31-2013, 10:06 PM
Troy, are you bringing your X2?

yes sir....

TOO-TALL
07-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Check my convoy map. It should have it on there. Called Buckeye Bash.

https://www.google.com/maps?output=classic&dg=opt

OK think I got it..So the launch is off of home road and riverside drive.

Double D
07-31-2013, 11:08 PM
OK think I got it..So the launch is off of home road and riverside drive.

You are correct sir!

Mastercraft13
07-31-2013, 11:18 PM
Very Cool! Congrats!! If he/she makes it to the Bash they have a chance to be officially the youngest Basher to date....

Thanks, he will be there for sure. It will be his first boat ride outside of his momma! (Which I'm sure they will both like it better that way)

93Prostar190
08-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Hi everyone, please make sure you RSVP by the 5th so I can make sure to include you in the tshirt like in years past .... Attached is a pick from last year s shirt back. .... It is an honor to be on the shirt, we may include a star for people that have attended every Bash98672

pap
08-01-2013, 02:29 PM
I had RSVP but just found out have to work. Have to pull a no-show; sorry and have fun guys.

Footin
08-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Im in, XL shirt please.

Double D
08-01-2013, 03:43 PM
I had RSVP but just found out have to work. Have to pull a no-show; sorry and have fun guys.

That's a day to call in sick!

captain planet
08-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone, please make sure you RSVP by the 5th so I can make sure to include you in the tshirt like in years past .... Attached is a pick from last year s shirt back. .... It is an honor to be on the shirt, we may include a star for people that have attended every Bash98672

...so did I miss the shirt design on this thread? :confused:

93Prostar190
08-01-2013, 05:08 PM
...so did I miss the shirt design on this thread? :confused:

Nope ... like the new Prostar it is currently top secret ...

the design is still being worked on by the t-shirt folks (they are swamped) but I assure you it will be consistent with our previous year ...

New color ... currently looking at Red with grey lettering ... it will feature our Ohio Shaped Buckeye Bash MC Shield design for good branding and the back of the shirt will be similar to last year's with names of the TT members that RSVP .....

Tri-Lakes logo will be on it of course .... you will like it!!! I promise!!!!

93Prostar190
08-02-2013, 12:25 PM
15 days to Buckeye Bash .... so ... here is a quick reminder of the event and some coolness:
1. Remember to RSVP by August 5th so you can get your name on the coveted Buckeye Bash shirt.
2. Pre-order your Buckeye Bash t-shirt ... the only cost to this great event, except for buying me and DoubleD a beer at the Bogey Inn.
3. Consider staying in town Saturday night ... so we can surf and slalom on Sunday! Mattscraft is not afraid.
4. Bring some stuff for the "swap" table ..... we may see some old cans out on the table.
5. Bogey Inn after party .... Chris Logsdon and some great eats!!!
6. Hot-4-Teacher's crew on the water lunch ..... they rock the water deli!!!!
7. jKSKI will give a seminar on how to build a house in 3 easy steps.
8. MGBOYD25 .... can he dance you ask? I am sure he will answer.
9. James from Tri-Lakes and Chris will bring a toy and lots of coolness to the event.
10. Swag, swag, and more swag.
11. If you own a BU, come on over but leave your boat at home!!! :) All are welcome, but just MC's on the water.
12. Slalom course ... did someone say Slalom course? yes.
13. Free wipe down service at the end of the day ... just have Rum and Coke for the wipers. ;)
14. Joshua and Abigail will continue their once a year romance.
15. Are you kidding only 15 days away! Be safe and enjoy the water.

We are on Facebook and TeamTalk ... so RSVP and ask yourself, should you be here? the answer is yes!!!!

jkski
08-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Looking forward to the event as always and for those who have never attended, Rob and his family are great hosts!

So, who do we have coming from the Akron, Cleveland area that wants to get in on the annual CONVOY. Let me know so that I can get you some details on our meeting point and so that we don't leave without you!

Mgboyd25
08-02-2013, 04:29 PM
I will be there! Still trying to build up my crew!

Footin
08-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Looking forward to the big shindig, I will not have my boat there but hopefully can catch a ride with others.

I will be selling the following used items (out of my trunk)

BI barefoot suit size XL
Drysuit (ripped neck seal)
Cipa 7x14 mirror with windshield mount
Waterski rack (mounts under the bow for ski storage)
Barefoot International Gear Bag (like new)
Barefoot International Boom bag (like new)
Barefoot International shoe skis (like new)
2 of the original "Skurfers"

Anything that does not sell, I will list for sale on the forum (I'm lazy and don't want to ship if I don't have to)

Double D
08-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Met a nice family briefly today while out at Salt Fork in a beautiful Red X30 they picked up from Boat House Marine. Introduced myself and talked about the Buckeye Bash. They said they already RSVP'd but might not be able to make it. :(

Introduce yourself, since I can't remember your username, and I hope you can make it to the Bash!

Double D
08-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Still working on crew but here is my T-Shirt order:

(1) 2XL
(3) Large
(1) Medium

Everyone else needs to get there T-Shirt order in if you haven't done so already.

MattsCraft
08-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Rob - I am sure you have my order, but same as every year.:D
2 - Large
2 - Medium

riverman200
08-05-2013, 05:59 PM
The boats are home form the river, eagerly awaiting the bash 2 MCs 1 garage! Just to reaffirm my RSVP and shirt size XL shirt and small tank top (if those are still in the works).

Double D
08-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Still working on crew but here is my T-Shirt order:

(1) 2XL
(3) Large
(1) Medium

Everyone else needs to get there T-Shirt order in if you haven't done so already.

Oh crap, forgot about the tanks. Rob please change mine to:

(1) 2XL
(2) Large
(1) Medium
(1) Medium Tank

93Prostar190
08-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Great job guys, sweet to see boats getting ready for Bash! I will publish the current RsVp list in morning .....

From memory .... Jbrew where are you? Calling Calls311 ? WillyT morning only?

Captain Planet ? Are you in?

Anyone from Chippewa ?

How about our old Cleveland friends?

jhall0711
08-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Rob... I am in... Obviously...

WidowMaker
08-06-2013, 08:56 AM
I was hoping to show up and bum a ride from someone, but it turns out I forgot until a couple of weeks ago that I have a wedding to attend.. bummer.

Looking forward to the pictures though! Hopefully next year I'll be able to make it.

Double D
08-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Too many weddings and soccer matches going on that day!! Don't these people know its Buckeye Bash and its been scheduled a year in advance?? :rolleyes:

willyt
08-06-2013, 12:41 PM
yeah,
i'll be at pre-bash and morning-bash. I might still be a little bashed from pre-bash.

btw if anyone wants to crack a couple before noon the teacher that hot4teacher is hot for and i will kick your arse in flip cup. good ole miami education.

I might need to bum a ride on someone's boat (matt :confused:)... I'll have more time if i dont have to pull out and wipe down mid-day to get to the party in sh*tsburg.

Anyone going to be there with a new star?? i still havent ridden behind one yet...

willyt
08-06-2013, 12:42 PM
whoops count me in for a medium t-shirt.

also, J Brew cannot make it this year, wedding to go to.

93Prostar190
08-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Jbrew is a pontoon riding, no good for nothing Malibu lovin' , Rum hater and he needs to walk the plank ..... at 40 MPH at the end of a long line without shoes on ....

Sorry JBrew ... not trying to be mean ... just saying we want you up at Buckeye Bash ... speaking of Buckeye Bash ..... if you have not responded yet ... please do so .... (Calling Hot-4-Teacher) ;)

Also ..... Willy you are welcome on my new ATF-Free 214 or any boat down here ... PEACE!

MattsCraft
08-06-2013, 03:12 PM
yeah,
i'll be at pre-bash and morning-bash. I might still be a little bashed from pre-bash.

btw if anyone wants to crack a couple before noon the teacher that hot4teacher is hot for and i will kick your arse in flip cup. good ole miami education.

I might need to bum a ride on someone's boat (matt :confused:)... I'll have more time if i dont have to pull out and wipe down mid-day to get to the party in sh*tsburg.

Anyone going to be there with a new star?? i still havent ridden behind one yet...

We will have plenty of room for ya, and anyone else that is boat-less, heck she seats 16 anyway:rolleyes:

JBrew
08-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Jbrew is a pontoon riding, no good for nothing Malibu lovin' , Rum hater and he needs to walk the plank ..... at 40 MPH at the end of a long line without shoes on ....

Sorry JBrew ... not trying to be mean ... just saying we want you up at Buckeye Bash ... speaking of Buckeye Bash ..... if you have not responded yet ... please do so .... (Calling Hot-4-Teacher) ;)

Also ..... Willy you are welcome on my new ATF-Free 214 or any boat down here ... PEACE!

Haha you can call me all of the above but Malibu lovin'!!! As willy said I have a freaking wedding to go to this weekend. I would skip it but I feel obligated due to the fact it is for my best man.

Still want to get in on a T-Shirt though... put me down for a Large - Will make sure Willy gets you my money!