PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Ski Centurion Falcon XP Refurb

SKIBUMM
03-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Thought I would share my winter project of refurbishing my ski boat. I know it's not a Mastercraft but this forum has been very informative on many aspects of this project. The interior was in pretty good shape I had a couple of small cracks but it was 19 years old. The foam was a different story it was all but gone. So far I have taken everything out and replaced the floor carpet. There were a couple of places that I put a new coat of fiberglass on as it was peeling slightly. The floor was very solid so I went no further. I then had a company re-upholster the interior with new foam and a little reconstruction of the drivers seat for a bit more comfort. I also had them construct a jump seat with storage behind the drivers seat. Here are the before and after shots.

SKIBUMM
03-04-2013, 07:05 PM
My next project is to hard vent the heater tubing to the expansion cans and also hard plumb the flex tubing that vents from the bow to the enging compartment.

Then its mini tower with new stereo and I will have many questions on that part I am sure.

drschemel
03-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Nice looking boat. The jump seat is a cute idea - just be careful you don't knock heads!

Sodar
03-04-2013, 07:27 PM
That looks great!! I'll be very interested to see a mini tower on another skiboat. It should look great.

SKIBUMM
03-04-2013, 07:34 PM
That looks great!! I'll be very interested to see a mini tower on another skiboat. It should look great.

I hope so Sodar. I looked at your tower a ton to see if I really wanted to put one on at all. ND did not make one that would fit mine so I had to have it custom made and I took a picture of your boat and a couple of others to show them what I was after. I am concerned about tower speakers as I do not want to put them under the tower for head bashing reasons. The top of the tower will not work as my bimini will be right on top of the tower too. I was thinking of mounting them on the outside but the verticle load on the housings and clamps scares me a little bit. I still have some thinking to do on that one.

EricB
03-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Very nice. I like the jump seat too. I would also like to see your boat with a mini tower. A full tower would not look good.

Ski-me
03-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Yea, nice to mix it up with a different boat, thanks!

Interior look great and I love the jump seat! So rare to see those on this style of boat!

Table Rocker
03-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Looks great, it's hard to beat a new interior.

One thing you might change in the name of safety: Your blower motor is pretty high up your exhaust hose. You want that thing as low as possible without being in the bilge water. Gasoline vapors are heavier than air and they will settle in the bottom of the bilge.

mikeg205
03-04-2013, 10:57 PM
You'll just to finish it off with some MC decals...then all will be good with this forum...just sayin... ;)

milkmania
03-04-2013, 11:06 PM
+1 for the jump seat:headbang:

DemolitionMan
03-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Great looking boat!

SKIBUMM
03-05-2013, 12:39 AM
You'll just to finish it off with some MC decals...then all will be good with this forum...just sayin... ;)

I think that might look a little out of place. When I was looking at boats I looked at the MC (and every other inboard out there) and it was just too much money for a fresh out of college newly married guy. I paid $12,500 for this brand new and it has been a great boat. I still remember the days when you would go to a lake and people would ask me about it because the inboards were a very rare breed back then. Just a little over 2600 hours and it still runs like it was new. The bad thing is that I am putting about as much as the boat is worth into this refurb but if I get another 19 years out of it I'm happy.

JohnnyB
03-05-2013, 06:57 AM
How bout some exterior pics....

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

TN Barefooter
03-05-2013, 07:29 AM
My first ski boat was an 88 Ski Centurion, many moons ago. Looks like your doing a great job refurbishing yours.

byronic
03-05-2013, 07:51 AM
Nice winter project Skibum. I'm sure will you get another 19 years of enjoyment out of your boat. 2600 hours in 19 years is a lot of good times.

Barefooter92
03-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Nice job. I have logged many hours behind a Ski Centurion back in the day. It was a good boat for barefooting.

I like your storage idea under the jump seat, might have to rebuild mine to include the extra space. Looks like a nice place to store the extra PFD!

east tx skier
03-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Very nice work!

SKIBUMM
03-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Well Phase two complete. Just got it back from having the custom tower mounted. It turned out like I wanted not too tall for the boat. Phase 3 and 4 coming up. Stereo upgrade and new bimini (fill holes left from the removal of the old bimini). I will be glad when the hemoraging of funds comes to and end. Here are couple of pics.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Looking good. :toast:

Sodar
03-26-2013, 07:26 PM
That color coordinated cover is going the extra mile on cleanliness. Very nice job on everything.

SKIBUMM
03-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Thanks Mr and Sodar. I have a little OCD too my wife keeps telling me that I need to relax a bit. I was getting the tower installed and I made the guy take off his shoes before he got in my boat and he looked at me like I was nutz. The shop was spotless but I was taking no chances with new carpet.

sethro
03-27-2013, 05:35 PM
I've always been a fan of those boats, and you have one of the finest examples out there. That cover is just plain cool!

Ironhorse
03-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Great looking boat!

Jeffer
03-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Hey Skibum, nice boat (love the cover), but I had to comment on the neighborhood! I'm not sure exactly where you are in the southwest, but beautiful homes and great backdrop with the mountains in those shots - looks like a beautiful place to live.

XtwentyNot
03-31-2013, 01:17 PM
I owned one for 12 years. Great boats. Yours is beautiful. I had a few different stereos in it over the years but when I re-did the interior I made new side panels a little wider to accommodate 4 6x9's, I know it's a little late but it was by far the best configuration I had in it for cabin speakers.

Old pic of her...old reliable!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/01/y8y4u2eg.jpg

SKIBUMM
03-31-2013, 02:17 PM
Hey Skibum, nice boat (love the cover), but I had to comment on the neighborhood! I'm not sure exactly where you are in the southwest, but beautiful homes and great backdrop with the mountains in those shots - looks like a beautiful place to live.

I live south of salt lake and it is a great place to live. I'm 20 minutes from the best skiing in the world and 20 minutes to water and about 40 minutes to the slalom course.