PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Camp With there Mastercraft..?!!!

gsxrjtt
02-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Might Be a crazy Question But does anyone know of or in there area, Do any camping on LARGE Lakes or RIVERS.. Put in for the weekend or 3-4 days on long weekends or holidays and just hang out ski, wake board, day cruise etc..... and then able to beach or "tie" up where your camping ?? Might be a crazy question but looking to possibly make a summer plan or just a trip out of this idea.. Just Thought this might be a fun idea

Double D
02-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Might Be a crazy Question But does anyone know of or in there area, Do any camping on LARGE Lakes or RIVERS.. Put in for the weekend or 3-4 days on long weekends or holidays and just hang out ski, wake board, day cruise etc..... and then able to beach or "tie" up where your camping ?? Might be a crazy question but looking to possibly make a summer plan or just a trip out of this idea.. Just Thought this might be a fun idea

Every summer,as much as possible, which hasn't been much lately with Son's Summer Baseball. But we tent camp, tie up the boats out in the water and spend 4 to 5 days cooking out, skiing and drinking some brews. Great times!

Dylan
02-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Absolutely!

gsxrjtt
02-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Thats what im talking about.. Where is everyone Camping at or know of any great places

Gnargnar
02-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Are you looking to travel or in your area?

gsxrjtt
02-26-2013, 07:39 PM
ill travel have a nissan titan and it pulls pretty good or around FL .. Its summer and dont mind taking a little time to enjoy

dog paw
02-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Raystown Lake in Pa has "boat to shore " camping. Been a long time but I guess its still there. Very nice lake, but all the coves and creek's are no wake.

Covi
02-26-2013, 08:26 PM
All the time! Best way to camp!

lt14me
02-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Bullards bar reservoir has some camping sites that are only accessible by boat :)

GoneBoatN
02-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Bullards bar reservoir has some camping sites that are only accessible by boat :)

How busy does the Bullards Bar get over the summer? Weekends? Weekdays? I've considered going there but it is pretty far off the beaten path. Where do you get gas at when you go there?

-V-
02-26-2013, 11:37 PM
If you were in Texas I would say go to Austin......

gsxrjtt
02-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Where in Austin.. im looking at everything might drive out and find a boat in the area to purchase camp have fun and bring it back

Double D
02-27-2013, 09:46 AM
ill travel have a nissan titan and it pulls pretty good or around FL .. Its summer and dont mind taking a little time to enjoy

My camping is done at Berlin Lake in Northeast Ohio. Not the greatest place but when your in a pinch... We grew up going there so it makes sense for us. We like the water sites.

hondaprlud
02-27-2013, 09:52 AM
We do every year. Usually we go close to home because I have a travel trailer too and only 1 tow vehicle so it's a few trips to get both there. We do tent camping on longer trips. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shepherd
02-27-2013, 10:12 AM
A bunch of us used to take our boats to Kerr Reservoir in VA/NC at least once a year. Big lake with lots of coves and not much boat traffic. There is a nice campground near the dam on the Virginia side.

gsxrjtt
02-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Shepherd: Thats what im talking about lol.. any pics from the site

TxsRiverRat
02-27-2013, 11:33 AM
Where in Austin.. im looking at everything might drive out and find a boat in the area to purchase camp have fun and bring it back

LCRA Park, or Windy Point Park on Lake Travis are nice.

mramerman@gmail.com
02-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Camping with the boat is our favorite Summer activity. We try and reach lakes throughout the Northwest. Our favorite is Banks Lake (just South of Lake Roosevelt). While we do use the State Campground, Banks has "float in" locations.

In any case, lots of beach access and great sand bottom for anchoring just off shore.

Double D
02-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Camping with the boat is our favorite Summer activity. We try and reach lakes throughout the Northwest. Our favorite is Banks Lake (just South of Lake Roosevelt). While we do use the State Campground, Banks has "float in" locations.

In any case, lots of beach access and great sand bottom for anchoring just off shore.

Oh man!! Look at the color of that water!! You could put blue dye in my lake and it still wouldn't look that blue.... :(

gsxrjtt
02-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Does Anyone do a M/C get together and do this ??? or big Summer events they know of Trying to plan a summer vaca

Double D
02-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Does Anyone do a M/C get together and do this ??? or big Summer events they know of Trying to plan a summer vaca

Oh yes!! That happens a lot with different groups in different areas. We don't camp (yet) but we have an Annual MC get together in the Buckeye State called Buckeye Bash, started by 93ProStar190 and his group down there. Great times!!

Here is the facebook page with plenty of pictures with the past three events. Everyone is always welcome!

https://www.facebook.com/MCBuckeyeBash

Stefan
02-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Kinda like this???

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=819&pictureid=4999

...pretty cold on memorial day weekend last season...

Although I was never really a friend of camping, my friends talked my into it and we had really great days...
:D:D:D

gid
02-27-2013, 04:52 PM
I camp using my Jet ski - cooler tied to the back, large pack on my back with the tent and supplies (and life jacket on), gunnels full of supplies, front storage full. I have to keep the power to the Ski as the nose will go under if I dont. Kawi 250X - great machine.

jgraham37128
02-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Can someone explain exactly how they tie the boat up while camping? I assume throw out the anchor and then drag back and tie the rear of the boat off to a tree?

Double D
02-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Can someone explain exactly how they tie the boat up while camping? I assume throw out the anchor and then drag back and tie the rear of the boat off to a tree?

Pretty much the case. Or you can tie a rope off on something in the water (stump or rock) so you don't lose the use of your anchor or have to reset it each time you take the boat out. Then you tie an empty plastic bottle to it for a floaty so you know where to tie up each time.

mzimme
02-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Kinda like this???

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=819&pictureid=4999

...pretty cold on memorial day weekend last season...

Although I was never really a friend of camping, my friends talked my into it and we had really great days...
:D:D:D

Love your boat... that things beautiful.

GoneBoatN
02-27-2013, 09:24 PM
Boat camping is great. Makes it easy to get some early morning runs in while the water is still glass. Most of our late summer and early fall weekends are spent that way.

Stefan
02-28-2013, 08:57 AM
Love your boat... that things beautiful.

Thank You!!! :) can't wait to take her back out..

Covi
02-28-2013, 11:43 AM
This was camping in ME. a bunch of years back. Stayed at Sebago Lake state park. Pictured is the MC going from Long lake to Sebago via the lock system. So cool to bring it through the locks. When the water was filling you had to hold on to the sides for dear life. Unfortunately the boat had to be dropped in and out daily. I could have anchored but didn't own a box anchor at the time. Made me a little nervous.

02ProstarSammyD
02-28-2013, 04:33 PM
MC event in charlotte this summer. Think its like june 2nd. We are always down for a get together. Know a bunch of guys in the raleigh area are talking about something at gaston, hyco, falls, or harris haha. Kerr has never really impressed me but yea there is some camping

Snipe
02-28-2013, 05:33 PM
We have a Forest Service Campground right across the lake from us. It's always full. Those folks have a great time; not hard to tell. Camping is fun, you can't beat the out doors and rough it up a little.
:firejump::banana::wavey::guitar::dance::popcorn:: popcorn::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast:

jcube4osu
03-10-2013, 10:30 PM
I don't think you can do better than Norris Lake just north of Knoxville. Beautiful extremely large lake where the majority of the lakefront is protected forest. Dry Camping in any of these areas is free as well as numerous campgrounds with all levels of amenities. I actually live in a perm campground on Norris called Beach Island. Tons of free and pay camping all around.

Latin Flyer
04-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Like this?

Summer gets to hot down here. So we are now in prime camping season. This was last week.

Planning the next one already.

Last saturday i had 18 kids, drove the boat from 11 to 4.

Good memories. 92473

tommydbouy
04-25-2013, 11:29 PM
We've gone to Allegeny Reservoir in NE PA the last two summer. Stayed at Kiasutha Camp ground on a water site. It was great. Not very busy. You can also shore camp there as well.

I placed a big anchor (rated for a 30' + boat) off the back and then had a stake on shore. When we went out boating I would tie the two ropes to an old fender and leave it in the water. I kept my normal smaller anchor on the boat. We're going again this summer so I'll have to take a picture and post it.

Hammer
04-26-2013, 09:30 AM
We camp out at Jordan Lake from time to time, at least once a year. Camped at Hyco once. Camped at Wylie for CSM. Stayed at several other lakes, just not camping.