PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Prostar 205

CC2MC
02-25-2013, 03:44 PM
I spoke with Brian over at Wakemakers today about my pump options for my boat. Basically he told me that I have two options, which is a Tsunami pump, filling one bag at a time up or a permanent install with a switch and a two way pump with a tee fitting. While I like the idea of the permanent install and filling both bags at the same time, I do not think it will be as good of an option for me as I have no storage space for the bags on a permanent basis. I will probably just end up getting the Elevate Turbo pump, which is the setup created by Wakemakers that includes the Tsunami pump, hose and fittings. It should be a great fit, given that I already have the Fly High bags and necessary fittings.

If anyone has any questions about ballast or how to set it up in your boat, I highly recommend the guys over at Wakemakers. You can call them @ 888-338-6085 or email them: sales@wakemakers.com. I look forward to trying everything out this coming Spring and Summer.

_fng_
02-26-2013, 03:37 PM
I think the portable pump is the way to go as well. Search craigslist from time to time and get a second pump to fill both sacs at once. I found one for $40 after a few months of looking which is well worth the time saved.

CC2MC
02-28-2013, 11:30 PM
Not a bad suggestion. Thanks fng.