PDA

View Full Version : Did your paycheck get smaller?

Jerseydave
02-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Being self employed I'd like to hear from the others that take a paycheck to see how your pay has been affected since Jan 1st. (I hear some horror stories out there)

How much less are you taking home?

I'm bracing myself for a real spanking by the govt this year.....I guess I'll find out more soon.

TxsRiverRat
02-25-2013, 02:52 PM
With the SS tax increases, my 3% raise equated to a $1.18 per pay period raise. Another lady at work reported to me that her's decreased by .30 per pay period. The benefits did go up some, but about 65% of the increase was SS taxes

I am saving my gas receipts for the road tax refund this year :)

east tx skier
02-25-2013, 03:11 PM
I am saving my gas receipts for the road tax refund this year :)

Just sent mine in today. :)

Double D
02-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Yep, making less take home money because of the taxes. I don't really feel better off.... :(

My guesstimate is I am bringing home about $100 less a month so $1,200 a year....

And no Gas/Road credit in Ohio!

02ProstarSammyD
02-25-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm around 150/mo poorer+ huge increase in insurance. love a 3-4% decrease in pay+growing gas costs. I seem to remember some POS preaching about helping put more money in my pocket not sucking it dry. Wait til we start paying for Obamacare! But hey its cool glad we all got to pay for you to play with Tiger last week or for your vacations.

Less than a month after starting his second term, Obama is on a three-day golf getaway in Florida, while his wife, Michelle, and their daughters, Malia and Sasha, are skiing in Colorado. On Saturday he received instructional tips from Woods' former swing coach, Butch Harmon.

Paid for by us!

Thrall
02-25-2013, 07:28 PM
I'm down about 2%.

gid
02-26-2013, 09:05 AM
With the SS tax increases, my 3% raise equated to a $1.18 per pay period raise. Another lady at work reported to me that her's decreased by .30 per pay period. The benefits did go up some, but about 65% of the increase was SS taxes

Raise? What is that? I went 3 yrs w. no raise, then when they started giving raises the company gave out 1% raise and said be happy we have a job.

Add the Govt raising taxes, etc. Jeez

TxsRiverRat
02-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Raise? What is that? I went 3 yrs w. no raise, then when they started giving raises the company gave out 1% raise and said be happy we have a job.

Add the Govt raising taxes, etc. Jeez

I've worked alot of contract IT jobs - trust me, I know about the no raises... having a job was the blessing

76S&S
02-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Everyone should see a 2% social security tax increase as it went back to 6.2%. For Federal taxes everyone should still be being taxed at the 2012 rates as the gov. hasn't released rates for 2013. Although there are rumors that when we file our tax return for 2013, the return will be based on rates other than what we have been withheld on.

Another change that I've seen is Health insurance. Higher premiums and deductibles and those are expected to go even higher next year.

Skipper
02-26-2013, 09:24 PM
I got a raise of just over $100 a month in base pay. After taxes I make $25 less a month than before I got the raise. I am going to start a revolution! All I wanna know is who's coming with me?

-V-
02-26-2013, 09:26 PM
$50 pay cut so far since the new taxes and they are talking about cutting another 20% from our paycheck and still have to work the same hours............ Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!!!!!

GoneBoatN
02-26-2013, 10:29 PM
With rising prices of health care, gasoline, increased taxes (one way or another), etc (inflation), effectively everyone's paycheck is smaller.

TOO-TALL
02-27-2013, 12:25 AM
With rising prices of health care, gasoline, increased taxes (one way or another), etc (inflation), effectively everyone's paycheck is smaller.

True, everything is going up in price but, people are bringing home less each week.
How do the guys in DC exspect the economy to recover??...looks like were headed for another crash.
I'm not the smartest person out there but,I can see this comeing.

LTWon
02-27-2013, 08:05 AM
It seems my paycheck may be dropping to 0 as work is eliminating 10% of the workforce....

jkski
02-27-2013, 08:43 AM
The reality for my employment is this....we have not had a raise of any type for 6 years while our healthcare costs have risen on average 20%/year. So, if we assume for a second that cost of living goes up 3% each year (the usual and customary raise), we re actually down 18% on top of the increased healthcare costs. At the same time the cost of everything else has gone up and there really is no sign of gaining back the losses.

All of that said, I am happy to be employed and at least have healthcare coverage.

76S&S
02-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Like most of you, I'm just glad to be working. Everything and I mean everything is getting more expensive as our pay stays relatively flat. And lets not forget that the dollar just isn't worth what it was several years ago.

On top of all of this, I have two starting college in roughly 18 months. I worked my way through college, working a part time job. For my kids to be able to do that, they would need to earn a little over $30,000 a year!

Something has to change, we can't keep going like this...

Willski
03-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Definitely less coming in, and more going out.