PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going with pearl carbon white - will I regret it?

flya750
02-24-2013, 01:51 PM
I'm in the process of deciding on a color scheme for my '97 PS190 interior over haul project. I am going with Mastercraft's current upholstery color schemes... Black/Greys and White...

My question is about having white in the boat? My boat's original color scheme didn't have any white and I wonder if the white is really the right color to have ? How does the white look and hold up look over time?

I feel the white carbon fiber is gorgeous and would look awesome in my boat.. I'm just concerned about the light color ? I'm torn between two base color options... grey carbon fiber or the pearl white? It seems that every boat I see in the show room is base pearl white.

Will I regret going with a base color as white?

Thanks for any insight...

Jonb1822
02-24-2013, 01:57 PM
I have all white in my x25 and was nervous at first, but I love it. I clean mine after every use and have had no issues.

02ProstarSammyD
02-24-2013, 02:04 PM
I just got my skins done in it. Seems like it would show far less than my old white. The CF white is rediculously awesome looking fyi

Flamethewolf
02-24-2013, 02:23 PM
i'm having the exact same question right now... just wondering how hard it will be to keep clean!! my boat will be black and red... the white would look amazing, but even the one in the showroom at the dealership already had some grime in places..

mikeg205
02-24-2013, 02:29 PM
I would go with the white CF would be awesome... who's doing the work... :)

flya750
02-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Nautical Needle in Holland, Mi. - We are in the initial planning so I don't have a final price yet.

I don't think I could go wrong either color as my base.. CF Grey or CF white. I will plan on having some CF white no matter what.

My boat will get cleaned often....

I would go with the white CF would be awesome... who's doing the work... :)

mikeg205
02-24-2013, 03:52 PM
My boat will get cleaned often....

MC-OCD enablement love it... ... more reasons to be by the boat :)

flya750
02-24-2013, 08:37 PM
So how many hours do you have on your X25 ?

I have all white in my x25 and was nervous at first, but I love it. I clean mine after every use and have had no issues.

Juiced190
02-24-2013, 11:34 PM
I just got my skins done in it. Seems like it would show far less than my old white. The CF white is rediculously awesome looking fyi

02ProstarSammyD lets see some photos of the new interior.

flya750
02-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Yes.. Let's ;)

QUOTE=Juiced190;911013]02ProstarSammyD lets see some photos of the new interior.[/QUOTE]

02ProstarSammyD
02-25-2013, 09:28 AM
02ProstarSammyD lets see some photos of the new interior.

There's some pics in the upholstery forum of the skins. If my girl and kids will stop booking up weekends with trips maybe I can get some install pics this year.

flya750
02-25-2013, 12:15 PM
I checked out ProstarSammy's skins in the other thread... it looks like he went with a white and black color scheme.. there was a lot of white in there.....Although the white looks gorgeous..that white looks like it will be a nightmare? I trailer my boat all the time with the cover off... so there is lots of chances for dirt and grim to collect.

I'm leaning toward going with a grey base color and as my third accent color besides black I will do some white.

My boat's exterior is black and pearl white..

Isn't there ANYONE that has went with white and regrets it??? ;)

TxsRiverRat
02-25-2013, 12:22 PM
I just put in new upholstery... I did it all custom...

Pearl white
Silver carbon fiber
Black Carbon fiber

+ hand made teal and pink piping to break it up and tie to the outside of the boat...

Pics on last page of this thread:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=32234

02ProstarSammyD
02-25-2013, 12:26 PM
so there is lots of chances for dirt and grim to collect.
You need to work on your MCocd then. I didn't have any probs with the old vinyl minus tree droppings staining which came up easy. 303 is your friend.

flya750
02-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Well I do have MC-OCD...;) I will not be that guy who wipes down his boat while using it however..;)

I was looking @ the old grey interior last night and after several years of use... there is a light tinge of dirt despite the years of MC-OCD...but all in all....the grey held up well. Now if the interior was white.. I think it would look much worse...

So with that said... I think I may only do white CF as an accent color.. and redo the interior with a base grey color...

You need to work on your MCocd then. I didn't have any probs with the old vinyl minus tree droppings staining which came up easy. 303 is your friend.