PDA

View Full Version : 2008 X1

Tristarboarder
02-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Hello to all,

I am looking at perhaps purchasing a 2008 X1. I am looking for opinions as to the market value for this particular X1 I have in mind. It has roughly 400 hours, stock tower, 2 axle MC trailer. The stereo is stock, with only the inboat speakers, no tower speakers. Single owner, spend Summers on a lift. According to the seller, it is in really good shape, good interior with only a couple of minor blemishes, with one area on the sun deck where's few stitches are coming loose. The engine is the RPT-1. The outside and hull are in really good shape, with just a minor smudge on the port side "M" decal. Seller states everything works, and the ballast works great. One upgrade to the boat Perfect Pass Stargazer. I have not seen the boat in person, only online pics, as it would be a 3 hour drive to do so. He is asking $36000. Any thoughts, concerns, or questions either you may have or that I should ask? The seller is willing to perform a water test after summerizing it for demo on a local lake near him. Any thoughts on if this is the ballpark range for year and hours would be helpful. Thanks.

Tristarboarder
02-21-2013, 04:36 PM
And yes, if I bought this bad boy, I would have to seriously reconsider changing my TT screen name :)

willyt
02-21-2013, 04:52 PM
make sure he's changed the rear hardtanks to the 750 softies and and reinforced the engine dividers. What prop does he have on it? you're going to want a OJ 14.75x15.5 or 14.25x14.5.

go in offering 32,400 (10% under) and see what his low price point is, but thats a pretty far price for an 08 X1.

I think i've actually seen the prices for 205V go up pretty significantly in the last year or so.

Tristarboarder
02-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks Willy, didn't think to ask about the prop, but will do so. What is the story with the engine dividers? Stock ones inherently weak? Also, the stock ballast tanks were not desirable for that year, or just the 750 softies better in both design and overall wake produced? This is the info I am after, thanks.....

bobx1
02-21-2013, 08:57 PM
I sold my 2007 X1 for that last year and it was in mint condition with 2 JL tower speakers, JL amp for tower speakers, single axle MC trailer, bimini, towable MC cover, MC Cruise, and 120 hours. I had some extra stuff than the one you are considering but the dual axle trailer and star gazer will add up as well. The value also depends on area of country. I am with Willie T on this one in that I would ask for detailed CURRENT pictures, offer 32k, then test drive and have it inspected.

willyt
02-22-2013, 08:47 AM
stock hardtanks were only 250 back there, and took up alot of storage. replace them with bags that fill to 3x original hardtank capacity and dont take up storage when you dont have any ballast, and there's no downside really.

run those 750's full, ski locker (which i think you can get about 300 in), 300lb tube sac in the walkway, and 200 lbs of led in the nose and you'll have a macckkkkiiingggg wake. if you dont have alot of people add a 400lber to the cabin area.

you'll need to reinforce the engine dividers if you go with the 750's because they'll press against them and warp them (werent designed to take that kind of beating).

ah... somedays i miss my 05 X2.

76S&S
02-22-2013, 09:07 AM
I would try to bring the price down a little for the lack of tower speakers, but it's not a bad price if it is as advertised.

Like Willyt stated, if it has the hard tanks, get rid of them and add bags, but you will need to re-prop when you do. The engine will handle whatever amount of weight you put in that boat.

Tristarboarder
02-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Great info, thanks fellas! Off to look at her tomorrow if the snow holds...

bobx1
02-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Here was my boat Tristarboarder:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=45329

HartlandX1
02-22-2013, 10:21 AM
low 30s would be good for both sides. options get expensive though, 1k for speakers, 1k for spinning boardracks,etc

CantRepeat
02-22-2013, 10:24 AM
low 30s would be good for both sides. options get expensive though, 1k for speakers, 1k for spinning boardracks,etc

The cheapest I saw MC spinning board racks on ebay was about $1500.

76S&S
02-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Check eBayer GreatLakesSkipper for the board racks. They often have MC stuff.

mccobmd
02-22-2013, 03:27 PM
I don't think the prop is a must, I put 2400lbs in my 07 X1 with standard prop and it does well. The RTP is a bulletproof engine and does a great job in that hull

Tristarboarder
02-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Well, I went and looked the X1 today, after driving over Snoqualamie Pass in a snow storm.....good times...The boat was in pretty good shape, had a couple of nicks on the decals, and the rub rail had a bunch of scrapes or pvc residue...apparently from the lift where it was stored. The prop was stock, but looked good. The interior was pretty descent, but had two areas where some stiches were coming out. The sales guy (at a dealership) said you would have to remove the skins to repair the stitching. The ballast tanks were the original, hard tanks. No tower speakers, only all original equipment stereo. Now the interesting part. I was talking to the owner, (Nautique Dealer btw) and I asked him if the center ski locker had ballast in it. He wasn't sure, said the other sales guy knew more about it. I had a heck of a time getting it open, he had to grab a screw driver to open it. And what did I find? About 6 inches of standing water. The owner of the dealership actually seemed surprised......said it must have came from the bow or some lame excuse. Does that seem weird that there was that much water in the center area? I included some pics of the boat...overall not a bad boat, but the water seemed odd....any thoughts? After that the sales guy came out and showed me a recent trade-in Nautique 211, he was workin me hard......

TOO-TALL
02-24-2013, 12:10 AM
That much water in there you would think the auto bildge would pump it out(dead battery?).
Was the water in the ski locker and the back by the motor?

No tower speakers,no bimini,looks like the old style bunge cord wakeboard racks. Bring these up in price negotiation.

Just from what I can see it looks good.
Be sure to test drive.

sand2snow22
02-24-2013, 12:38 AM
Was the center drain plug still in? I have some water in the ski under my ballast bag. Not 6", tho. There is a hole in the ski locker where ballast hose comes through, bilge water can slosh up in :( Doesn't sound too bad for 400 hours. How low will they go? I'd take X-1 over SV 211. Unless SV 211 was a smoking deal...

Tristarboarder
02-24-2013, 10:36 AM
The battery was off from what I could tell. The engine compartment was dry however. They are asking $35,900.00. I brought up these various issues and items or lack of (tower speakers etc
) and he told me he has had a lot of interest in it from all over, California, Texas, and he thought he would have it sold in a week or less. I asked him his bottom price, and he said $35,500. Wow! He came down a hole $400.00..... :|...The SAN 211 however was immaculate and only had 126 hours. The PO was just dropping it off when I was there, as he traded it in on his 2013 SAN purchase. Didn't have tower speakers, but everything else looked good. A 2009 211 for $40,000. ???

sand2snow22
02-24-2013, 10:38 AM
What year, motor, options on the 211?

Tristarboarder
02-24-2013, 10:53 AM
2009 SAN 211 Crossover. 126 hours, one owner. PCM Excalibur 5.7L engine 343 hp, tandem trailer (with a sweet Fulton jack btw) bimini, center ballast, ans 2 rear ballast, JL audio inboat speakers, factory JL CD player. No tower speakers. Some sort of steering wheel activated (buttons on wheel center cap) type of Perfect Pass, but not. Swinging board racks, and a 4 blade prop (didn't see the model prop). I do not know anything about SANs or the 211. But it sure was purdy....

bjen
02-24-2013, 11:23 AM
Would be interesting to know what the 211 sold for new, might be a hint on future re-sale VS the MC

Tristarboarder
02-24-2013, 11:35 AM
I was wondering the exact same thing. I had a hard time trying to find the cost new, but used nada guides and it came up with $53,769.00. Not sure if that is correct, but maybe. Like I said, I don't know anything about Correct Craft's boats.

Thrall
02-24-2013, 01:54 PM
If they don't budge on price the SAN is a better deal IMO if you have a couple thou more to spend, and more useable space I believe.
X1 with 400 hrs base engine and few options is low 30s not 35+.

Thrall
02-24-2013, 01:57 PM
If you can do the work yourself and don't mind shopping for deals you can have an ear splitting tower spkr setup for about $1500 in gear.

Tristarboarder
02-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Funny you should mention that, I actually have, brand new in-the-box, 2 Wetsounds Rev 8's, a WS Syn4 amp, a WS 420 eq, and a WS HT4 amp, that I picked up over parts of the Winter, that I was going to install on my '90 Tristar. Yesterday, I went to the MC dealer to look around after I went to that Nautique dealer. They had several sweet, brand new way-out-of my price range boats there. I was talking to the sales guy, and he said he has a 2004 X2 coming in in about a week for trade, with only 100 hours on it. Claimed the owner just never had time to use it, so it is in storage. Asking price was $35000. He did not know anything else about it, not even the color. But, I am actually holding out for that to see how it is equipped and the overall condition. I am still super loyal to the MC brand.....The X2 with that hull is just like that X1 I was looking at, so....we shall see

Tristar Racing
02-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Honestly, mid 30's for an '08 isn't bad. I have seen the older X2s go for that much. It doesn't sound like you have to have this boat though, so pass. Time will tell if the price is market correct if its gone in a week or two.

As a Nautique guy, I would pass on the 211. Not great resale on that thing, and the interior has an odd setup. It is a cross over, not a dedicated wakeboard style boat.

Jerseydave
02-24-2013, 08:06 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52832

^ Nice X-1 in this thread for sale

Jerseydave
02-24-2013, 08:10 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52829

^ A red one here for sale.....this one has 4 tower speakers! Another clean well cared for MC!

ttu
02-24-2013, 08:37 PM
i have a good friend who bought a brand new 07 sv211 in 08 and paid around upper $50's. It did have a very custom trailer that came with it that was suppose to be around $8K for just the trailers.

while it did a lot of things good as a crossover boat it didn't do excel at any one thing.

also like someone said seating was very limited and strange and the seats sit so low to the floor.

Tristarboarder
02-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Funny, I started looking around for a new boat, and all of a sudden, they start to pop up just like mushrooms on my lawn....There was supposed to be an X10 on the lot at the MC dealer, but it sold. Yesterday, the sales guy, said, oh, there will be another one along for sale tommorow....

That Nautique was nice, and the wife liked it very much, but I (after much research) am looking for an X1/X2/205V with that classic hull that everyone raves about. It isn't too big, so it's easy to tow up and down the hills on the freeway here in WA, and it puts out one of the best wakes you can get. I realize that a lot of people transition to a bigger boat, stating that the X2 is a little tight on space. But, coming from a closed bow Tristar Sport, everything has more room than that thing....Oh trust me, I am carefully looking at 2 different X2's, and now these 2 X1's for sale today.....I like options :)

Thrall
02-25-2013, 11:40 AM
It's still early in the year so wait for the "right" one. Lotsa low hrs boats here in the PNW, short season and alot of people with $ to burn on toys.
If you're dead set on a X1/205V, give that dk blue one in IL a hard look. Gorgeous boat. Yeah it's a long ways away, but dang it's niiiice if you want a dark solid color boat.
FWIW, the dark colors are nice up here. Down south where it gets hot I would not have been looking for a black boat like the one I have, but I've had this X2 in the CO mtns and now up here and more often than not it is NOT very warm out, but the dark gel inside helps, especially if you remove the carpet, even on a cool day the floor is warm, almost hot. Nice on the feet after getting out of the cold water.
Also if you buy one with MC tower speakers, if you swap for your WS speakers, you can get a decent price for the MC ones. You'll need your amp(s) though if the boat has the stock JL amp(s) as they are way underpowered typically.