PDA

View Full Version : Which one would you and why?

PT 1999 ProStar
02-12-2013, 06:35 PM
I am going crazy on this and I figured I'd reach out to you guys to get your thoughts. I know at the end of the day its our decision but we are struggling. Its stressful but believe me I know its a good stressful. I am looking at two 2012 ProStar 197's both with Pslot and 6ltr. One is a WTT boat and has 136 hours on it and the other has all the same bells and whistles but the WTT has headted seats. The non WTT only has 16 hours on it. The price difference isn't much to sway the decison. The non WTT came of the product line this October. Check out the pics and let me know now what you would. I'm just curious. I know with either we can't go wrong...
Thanks
PT

FourFourty
02-12-2013, 06:38 PM
I like the red flake/white..... only because it has more flake :D

Wasn't there a 2012 Red Flake/Gunmetal Flake/black hull, with a white deck, that was for sale?? That boat was drop dead gorgeous.

PT 1999 ProStar
02-12-2013, 06:41 PM
I like the red flake/white..... only because it has more flake :D

Wasn't there a 2012 Red Flake/Gunmetal Flake/black hull, with a white deck, that was for sale?? That boat was drop dead gorgeous.

I'd like to see that!!

jeff shelton
02-12-2013, 06:44 PM
I vote for the blue and silver flake.

aquaman
02-12-2013, 06:45 PM
I'd go for the RED.

Nice.

FourFourty
02-12-2013, 06:46 PM
I'd like to see that!!

I swear it was posted here not long ago..... AHHH, I wanna find it now!! I tried to get my friend to trade in his 05 197 for it.

I will see if I can locate :D

Might have been on WW..... I will try to find it. It was incredible.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
02-12-2013, 06:57 PM
I swear it was posted here not long ago..... AHHH, I wanna find it now!! I tried to get my friend to trade in his 05 197 for it.

I will see if I can locate :D

Is was posted here from ebay, it was a school boat with alot of hours iirc 700 about a year old. If were talking about the same boat.

bikenskijerm
02-12-2013, 07:02 PM
I'd go blue with silver flake. I am a little partial though as our boat is med blue, charcoal, black, and white. Plus I dig the non WTT graphic.

texasjet
02-12-2013, 07:05 PM
The red stands out more in the water. I would go red.

FourFourty
02-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Is was posted here from ebay, it was a school boat with alot of hours iirc 700 about a year old. If were talking about the same boat.

I think you are right...... I also just remembered that I think it was a 190. Beautiful boat though. I forgot it had so many hours.

This one is also not very far from you.... I can't remember if it is a 5.7 or a 6.0. One thing that I can say, is that the owner of this boat is, by far, the most anal boat owner that I know. He tows competitions, and gets a new one every year. In that year, the boat will recieve more attention than the average newborn..... Very rare for a tournement boat.

I think it has almost 100 hours on it.

http://www.castawaymarina.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=02179987X2K12K2013J6I10 I12JPMQ2949R0&veh=281949&pov=2628517

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
02-12-2013, 07:16 PM
I think you are right...... I also just remembered that I think it was a 190. Beautiful boat though. I forgot it had so many hours.

This one is also not very far from you.... I can't remember if it is a 5.7 or a 6.0. One thing that I can say, is that the owner of this boat is, by far, the most anal boat owner that I know. He tows competitions, and gets a new one every year. In that year, the boat will recieve more attention than the average newborn..... Very rare for a tournement boat.

I think it has almost 100 hours on it.

http://www.castawaymarina.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=02179987X2K12K2013J6I10 I12JPMQ2949R0&veh=281949&pov=2628517

found it
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2012-Mastercraft-Prostar-197-Tournament-Team-Boat-/110963063020?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item19d5e9f8ec

Double D
02-12-2013, 07:19 PM
I'll take the blue one and you can have the red one!! Good luck!!

Sent from my wifes old iPad using Tapatalk

rodltg2
02-12-2013, 07:22 PM
I would choose the WTT just for the fact that all the kinks have more than likely been addressed and its set up perfectly to pull .

Kyle
02-12-2013, 07:23 PM
More details.

Does the WTT boat come with the same warranty as the NEW non WTT?

Are both boats considered NEW or USED?

The non heated seats vs heated seats probably wont matter that much?

Are we talking about the same exact options such as stereo etc being identical?

Just for grins what boat is higher in price? I dont care about price, just wanted to know what boat was higher that the other.

Look at the blue boat. Now I am a fan of a blue boat, but am not sure how the flake on the bottom (under water line level) would do as far as showing waterspots or grime. All boats will get dirty from the lake but I dont know if one will show more than the other.

Keeping this in mind. MC does not sell enough 197's to really make it an "ELITE" crowd of WTT owners. The "ELITE" crowd is the guys that just own a 197. Example if we have 100 WTT boats per year made and MC only sells 125 total 197's including the 100 WTT boats then I would throw out the window the part of being in some special WTT owners club. Just Sayin'

You also mention "WE"

What color does the "WIFE" want?

Either boat would work great for me and cant tell you to pick one over the other. I will say that the bottom hull under waterline would make my deciding factor.

Kweisner
02-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Tough call. . .like Penelope Cruz or Anne Hathaway. Can't go wrong IMHO!

Kyle
02-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Look at BAWS pic album on his fb page. There are several of the two boats we are looking at here. Gives you different angles.

MikeyOrange88
02-12-2013, 08:13 PM
I'd take Penelope Cruz.
I mean the red one.

PT 1999 ProStar
02-12-2013, 08:23 PM
More details.

Does the WTT boat come with the same warranty as the NEW non WTT?

Are both boats considered NEW or USED?

The non heated seats vs heated seats probably wont matter that much?

Are we talking about the same exact options such as stereo etc being identical?

Just for grins what boat is higher in price? I dont care about price, just wanted to know what boat was higher that the other.

Look at the blue boat. Now I am a fan of a blue boat, but am not sure how the flake on the bottom (under water line level) would do as far as showing waterspots or grime. All boats will get dirty from the lake but I dont know if one will show more than the other.

Keeping this in mind. MC does not sell enough 197's to really make it an "ELITE" crowd of WTT owners. The "ELITE" crowd is the guys that just own a 197. Example if we have 100 WTT boats per year made and MC only sells 125 total 197's including the 100 WTT boats then I would throw out the window the part of being in some special WTT owners club. Just Sayin'

You also mention "WE"

What color does the "WIFE" want?

Either boat would work great for me and cant tell you to pick one over the other. I will say that the bottom hull under waterline would make my deciding factor.

They both have a warranty the Blue one started October 2012 and red March 2012. Not sure what is considered new but I would definitely say the blue with 15 hours is new. They are both in mint condition. Same options except for Heated seats and seperate bow cover on red. But the Blue has a fiberglass platform which I like!! I hate teak!
Blue one is more $$
Good point on the WTT boats being not Elite.
The wife likes the blue and yes thats wife and kids though. Daughter likes blue son red.
The bottom hull is not flake just blue.
Thanks for the input!!

PT 1999 ProStar
02-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Tough call. . .like Penelope Cruz or Anne Hathaway. Can't go wrong IMHO!

HAHA love it!! Well put!!:rolleyes:

gchapman-tt
02-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Red needs a better pic to do it justice...

gchapman-tt
02-12-2013, 09:03 PM
This particular boat was used at most of the higher-profile tournaments in Florida, many of our "Elite" skiers have skied this boat. It has certainly earned its stripes as "World Tournament Team".
Here it is with some of our Elite Legends.
Me (no legend), Wade Cox, Kris LaPoint, Jennifer Leachman LaPoint, Lucky Lowe, Chris Parrish, Carl Roberge, Les Todd.

saltybalty
02-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Prior to seeing the up close picture of the red, i was leaning that way. After seeing that picture, I say its a no brainer, go for the red! The only way I would go with the blue is if you want to extend your season those heated seats will make it easier to convince the wife to get out there and pull you.

rodltg2
02-12-2013, 09:52 PM
I may wrong but in I think since going to World TT versus TT they produce 125 units instead if the usual 100.

16 hours is barely used and potentially still have some bugs. The WTT should have them all worked out and ready to rock.

I also feel that supporting a promo boat owner is good for the sport.

JDC
02-12-2013, 10:05 PM
I like the blue... but it's not going to be my boat (sorry to say).

The wife and daughter like the blue; I go with the girls. Besides... you hate teak. :D

prostar205
02-12-2013, 10:08 PM
The WTT Red Metal Flake boat but you really can't go wrong with either. Both are beautiful machines.

I'm partial to the MC Red Metal Flake boats as I have 2002 X-30 in Red Metal Flake and it's beautiful.

rodltg2
02-12-2013, 10:17 PM
On another note I wish I had that dilemma ! Mine is what early nineties boat can I afford !

Kyle
02-12-2013, 10:23 PM
This particular boat was used at most of the higher-profile tournaments in Florida, many of our "Elite" skiers have skied this boat. It has certainly earned its stripes as "World Tournament Team".
Here it is with some of our Elite Legends.
Me (no legend), Wade Cox, Kris LaPoint, Jennifer Leachman LaPoint, Lucky Lowe, Chris Parrish, Carl Roberge, Les Todd.

Everyone please don't take my "Elite" statement the wrong way. It was more of a point that I'm sure mc does not make 100 or 125 wtt boats and 2000 non wtt 197's.

Personally after knowing some history I would go red and have a real nice story behind it.

I may wrong but in I think since going to World TT versus TT they produce 125 units instead if the usual 100.

16 hours is barely used and potentially still have some bugs. The WTT should have them all worked out and ready to rock.

I also feel that supporting a promo boat owner is good for the sport.

First off thanks for the correction on number of boats as I was guessing. After seeing the top skiers who have used this boat.....you can be assured that the kinks are out and she will fligh real nice.

As far as the blue platform then wheel and deal for a red one.

I personally like a white under hull color. I also like the more flake on the side. Throw out a heated seat as that is more than likely going to quit working anyway over years to come and be an unnecessary expense.

Buy red. Coming from a blue boat owner. The red is sexy and costs less. The rudder will be more than likely tuned very nice. I'd be willing to bet that the red boat would drive better than the blue one.

RED all the way now that we have more history.

rodltg2
02-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Just buy the both. Keep the red one, give me the blue one and ill worry about setting it up and working out any potential bugs !

2013TT190
02-13-2013, 09:31 AM
You won't be unhappy with either one. However, I think Ryan Dodd jumped 237' behind that red one. That is a cool stat not many TT boats have. The seat heaters are pretty nice for the early morning runs and are as good as having a heater for the spring and fall skiing. The Blue base hull would show more water spots than the white too. Just thought to consider.

starman205
02-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Buy the Red one, very very sharp looking on the water!!!! :D

aquaman
02-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Wow....those are some of the best slalom skiers in the world.

Great Pic along with gorgeous Red boats.

Was there any video done of that tournament ? Name of tournament ?

captain planet
02-13-2013, 09:49 AM
They both have a warranty the Blue one started October 2012 and red March 2012. Not sure what is considered new but I would definitely say the blue with 15 hours is new. They are both in mint condition. Same options except for Heated seats and seperate bow cover on red. But the Blue has a fiberglass platform which I like!! I hate teak!
Blue one is more $$
Good point on the WTT boats being not Elite.
The wife likes the blue and yes thats wife and kids though. Daughter likes blue son red.
The bottom hull is not flake just blue.
Thanks for the input!!

The blue one is dead sexxxxxxxy!!! I love reverse gel color schemes. :love::love::love::love:

gchapman-tt
02-13-2013, 09:53 AM
You won't be unhappy with either one. However, I think Ryan Dodd jumped 237' behind that red one. That is a cool stat not many TT boats have. The seat heaters are pretty nice for the early morning runs and are as good as having a heater for the spring and fall skiing. The Blue base hull would show more water spots than the white too. Just thought to consider.

Correct 2013TT190, Ryan did go 237 behind that boat in May, I believe that was a PB for him. I saw Ryan on New Years Eve, he is still talking about much he loves that boat...in his words "IT'S A ROCKET".
Freddy was at the same tournament and jumped his best of the season with an awesome 236!!! Seeing those guys go at it is something else!

2013TT190
02-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Correct 2013TT190, Ryan did go 237 behind that boat in May, I believe that was a PB for him. I saw Ryan on New Years Eve, he is still talking about much he loves that boat...in his words "IT'S A ROCKET".
Freddy was at the same tournament and jumped his best of the season with an awesome 236!!! Seeing those guys go at it is something else!

Wasn't part of the Womens Overall world record behind that red one too? Regardless, the boats is guaranteed to drive and ski awesome.

gchapman-tt
02-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Wasn't part of the Womens Overall world record behind that red one too? Regardless, the boats is guaranteed to drive and ski awesome.

Not that boat (wrong mfg) I did drive for the slalom and trick portion of that World Record but Natallia is sponsored by the other guys.

TRBenj
02-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Im a red guy, but given those 2 choices I like the blue one better. Blue on the bottom of the hull is very cool- most are white. If you were to get the red one, you'd be twins with your buddy with "the nicest lift and dock on the lake."

Good move only considering 6.0L's... you know I like to foot fast! (CC would be a big upgrade over either though). ;)

PT 1999 ProStar
02-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Im a red guy, but given those 2 choices I like the blue one better. Blue on the bottom of the hull is very cool- most are white. If you were to get the red one, you'd be twins with your buddy with "the nicest lift and dock on the lake."

Good move only considering 6.0L's... you know I like to foot fast! (CC would be a big upgrade over either though). ;)

There you are Timmy!! I was waiting for you! I knew you'd like the 6.0L. I hear you about the "twin"... Not to sure about the CC upgrade thought.....:rolleyes:

maxpower220
02-13-2013, 10:32 AM
I really like the blue, but it's not even close to Red Flake in terms of beauty. The lower price, the lower hours, the "better" color combo, and the bow cover make the Red one the one I would consider. The bow cover will probably extend your season about the same as the seat heater.

TxsRiverRat
02-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Just buy the both. Keep the red one, give me the blue one and ill worry about setting it up and working out any potential bugs !

Sign me up to come help you work those bugs out. I vote blue, but that's because i'm not a fan of red, or red glitter. I can buy a bass boat for that. I would prefer teak over fiberglass though...

captain planet
02-13-2013, 12:43 PM
....I would like to point out that the red one is also very nice....very very nice. I wouldn't complain at having either.

Just thought I should mention that......:rolleyes:

zsqure
02-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Go for the blue, my kids would go for the one with the coolest wheels on the trailer.

broncotw
02-13-2013, 01:50 PM
I think I would opt for the one with the lowest amount of hours.......

JohnE
02-13-2013, 02:11 PM
I'd go for the WTT. The fact that it is dialed in helps as does the color. Love it. Love the heated seats (had them since '08). Plus I think the blue one looks better on the trailer than in the water.

pmkkdx
02-13-2013, 04:05 PM
I don't guess you have by chance a picture of the blue one on the water for a fair comparison?

I really like the blue one on the trailer ... but that red in the water is just pure sexy!

rodltg2
02-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Plain and simple. You want to spend the summer taking the boat in to fix all the small issues that may come up , or have a turn key boat? 16 hours is like one weekend use. No way all the kinks are worked out.

gchapman-tt
02-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Wow....those are some of the best slalom skiers in the world.

Great Pic along with gorgeous Red boats.

Was there any video done of that tournament ? Name of tournament ?

Ski Fluid Classic...not aware of any video but someone is always running a camera when these guys are jumping.

JohnE
02-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Plain and simple. You want to spend the summer taking the boat in to fix all the small issues that may come up , or have a turn key boat? 16 hours is like one weekend use. No way all the kinks are worked out.

Granted there are kinks in some boats. Never had one in my '09 brand new. I did have one in my '08 that ruined a weekend. But the point does make a plus for the WTT.

jgraham37128
02-13-2013, 05:26 PM
The blue one!

PineLakeRumble
02-13-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm a blue guy. Jeans are blue. Dirtbikes are blue. Corvettes are blue with sidepipes and a big block. But that red boat is awesome! When you add the cool history and jump record how can you go any other way? This is way more fun than figuring out how to pay down the mortgage. Enjoy!

bobx1
02-13-2013, 06:27 PM
I know this comment will not help in your decision but those boats (both - all 197's) are absolutely drop dead beautiful. I am talking classic Chris Craft stunning. I am talking legendary, tell the grand kids (40 years from now) about the shape and lines, stunning. I am talking close your eyes and do the Eannie Meannie Minne Mow thing and you come out with a choice that will turn heads for ages.

OK...I am done now.

JDC
02-13-2013, 07:01 PM
I thought it was Eeny, meeny, miny, moe. :)

19_Skier
02-13-2013, 07:40 PM
A pair of beautiful boats. At first I was going to say blue but after reading the history behind the WTT, I would go red! A great back story to that boat and it's dialed in.

Either way, I wish I had your problem....:D

Yellow X9
02-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Blue White / Silver flake

bobx1
02-13-2013, 09:36 PM
I thought it was Eeny, meeny, miny, moe. :)

My drooling must have shorted out the spell check function.

PT 1999 ProStar
02-14-2013, 06:38 AM
Well after much STRESS we as a family decided on the blue boat. Both boats are perfect and both guys I've been dealing with are very, very good dudes. What it ultimately came down to was hours. With 120 hours difference that's like 3 seasons on our lake. That red boat is a beauty and it won't be for sale soon I'm sure. Thanks for all your input and suggestions. Now come on SPRING! :D

Double D
02-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Well after much STRESS we as a family decided on the blue boat. Both boats are perfect and both guys I've been dealing with are very, very good dudes. What it ultimately came down to was hours. With 120 hours difference that's like 3 seasons on our lake. That red boat is a beauty and it won't be for sale soon I'm sure. Thanks for all your input and suggestions. Now come on SPRING! :D

Congrats!! But that wasn't the deal we made!! :mad: :rolleyes:

PT 1999 ProStar
02-14-2013, 08:40 AM
Congrats!! But that wasn't the deal we made!! :mad: :rolleyes:

Thanks D D! Yeah I didn't hold up my end of the bargain.... I owe you one!

jgraham37128
02-14-2013, 08:40 AM

great choice!

PT 1999 ProStar
02-14-2013, 08:42 AM
great choice!

Thanks. It was a difficult one.... But either way couldn't have gone wrong.

JohnE
02-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Congrats!!! You couldn't go wrong.

Double D
02-14-2013, 09:31 AM
Thanks D D! Yeah I didn't hold up my end of the bargain.... I owe you one!

Thanks OK. Next time I'm in Connecticut you'll just need to give me a ride in that fine machine!

PT 1999 ProStar
02-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Thanks OK. Next time I'm in Connecticut you'll just need to give me a ride in that fine machine!

You got it. Just hit me up!

PT 1999 ProStar
02-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Congrats!!! You couldn't go wrong.

Thanks John! We are all pumped for Summer!!

JDC
02-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Congratulations on making a choice! Many people wish they were in your shoes over such a dilemma. :D

Several people on here suggested that you would be better off with the one dialed in or having all the bugs worked out (the red one). I'm interested in knowing (after you get it on the water for a while) just how many issues you needed to have worked out. I'm rooting for you to have none!

I too would love to see a photo of it on the water.
Have fun this summer! :toast:

TxsRiverRat
02-14-2013, 05:55 PM

Sign me up to come help you work those bugs out. I vote blue, but that's because i'm not a fan of red, or red glitter. I can buy a bass boat for that. I would prefer teak over fiberglass though...

I guess this means no breaking in the blue boat for us :D

Congrats on the buy and welcome to the family.

HRC
02-14-2013, 06:02 PM
I think I would have to go with the red.

gchapman-tt
02-14-2013, 06:15 PM
I think I would have to go with the red.

Well...it looks like it is open season on the red one now, so go for it!!
Chris at Boat House Marine can fix you right up.

PT 1999 ProStar
02-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Congratulations on making a choice! Many people wish they were in your shoes over such a dilemma. :D

Several people on here suggested that you would be better off with the one dialed in or having all the bugs worked out (the red one). I'm interested in knowing (after you get it on the water for a while) just how many issues you needed to have worked out. I'm rooting for you to have none!

I too would love to see a photo of it on the water.
Have fun this summer! :toast:

Thanks JDC. I am very excited for spring and too see this beauty in the water. I will definitely post a pic. As for being "dialed in"I'm sure for our barefooting and slalom it will be perfect.

PT 1999 ProStar
02-14-2013, 09:40 PM
I guess this means no breaking in the blue boat for us :D

Congrats on the buy and welcome to the family.

Thanks TXS River. We're pumped up.

HRC
02-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Well...it looks like it is open season on the red one now, so go for it!!
Chris at Boat House Marine can fix you right up.

That's what I get for replying before reading all the posts. Either way he got a great boat.

dihrdskir
02-22-2013, 06:50 AM
Took an interest in this thread and had to read them one by one. All in all and apples for apples I like the fibreglass platform and if colour was the only sticking point then you had to go for the lower hours. FWIW it's probably more about the memories you create enjoying your boat rather than what somebody else may have done. Enjoy..

PT 1999 ProStar
02-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Took an interest in this thread and had to read them one by one. All in all and apples for apples I like the fibreglass platform and if colour was the only sticking point then you had to go for the lower hours. FWIW it's probably more about the memories you create enjoying your boat rather than what somebody else may have done. Enjoy..

Agreed! We can't wait for spring!