PDA

View Full Version : 2012 and 2013 upholstery - pros and cons ??

texasjet
02-11-2013, 01:21 PM
We currently have an '08 x30 and are considering a 2013 x30. The new fabrics look great! In our '08 the upholstery still looks really good, but we have worked to keep it that way. Our biggest issue has been spider/bug poop or residue from when it is in storage, or in the boat slip or just out on the water for the sunset,etc.

Any feedback on how the new fabric wears and if it is the same or perhaps easier to keep clean?

How about the colors? Living in Texas we are skeptical of heat and fading.

02ProstarSammyD
02-11-2013, 01:26 PM
I was told by Jim @ viper that the new materials were cooler than the older materials even with darker colors. 2nd hand info though

JRW160
02-11-2013, 01:32 PM
New materials are definitely cooler than the old stuff. They still get pretty hot though.

texasjet
02-11-2013, 01:49 PM
New materials are definitely cooler than the old stuff. They still get pretty hot though.

Any feedback on maintenance and keeping clean?

501s
02-11-2013, 01:58 PM
The "Carbon" texture vinyl is very easy to keep clean.

Double
02-11-2013, 02:53 PM
I have a 2012 and so far I've been very happy with the quality of the material and the ease of keeping clean. Soap and water take anything off with very little effort. So far I'd say it's far superior to traditional marine interiors/materials, but with only one full season in this boat I don't have data to support longevity. Prediction=10x's better

bcd
02-11-2013, 03:51 PM
My 2012 has some black and yellow accent colors. The black still gets hot, but I was tied up to a new Malibu last year, and his upholstery wasn't as dark as mine (gray), and was noticeably hotter than my black.

The yellow is the smooth material (inside trim, or interior 2nd base). The cross hatched main upholstery doesn't have any stains, but I keep having little black stains show up on the yellow and they won't come out. I don't know what they are or what causes it, but it's frustrating. I've since seen an X25 that had the cross hatched pattern everywhere. If I could do it again, I would seriously consider going that route. I store my boat in my garage, and I swear I took it out once for a couple of hours, didn't even have anyone sitting up front, and when I got home, found a new one of those black stains on the yellow up front.

FourFourty
02-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Pros-
Much Cooler in the sun. Including the dark colors.
Carbon Weave material is very easy to keep clean.
Looks great
More durable

Cons-
The Black is not black. it is more of a dark gray. (Would look a little better if it was darker)
The canvas type material is a little harder to clean up. Especially if it gets sunscreen on it. (Spray nine pulls it right out, if you absolutely need to use it)

02ProstarSammyD
02-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Yea black is def not black. TO point it out heres black vinyl next to the new black material.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=500&pictureid=4951

texasjet
02-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. Will definitely take a closer look at the "carbon" vs other materials.

FourFourty
02-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Yea black is def not black. TO point it out heres black vinyl next to the new black material.

According to MC, and looking at the 13' color samples, they did improve this for '13. It is still not perfectly black, but it is much darker than the '11 and '12 black.