PDA

View Full Version : Selling wakeboard

byane
02-10-2013, 06:47 PM
SOLD BTW UPS CHARGED $60 SHIPPING WOW WASNT EXPECTING THAT!!! Sorry to seem unintelligent but how do you manage to sell a wakeboard to someone from out of town. I would like to sell a 2010 Liquid Force Witness 136 in great shape other than a small chip on one of the molded in fins that probably happened shuffling it around in the garage or something because it is not the grind base version and has never seen a slider and of course you can tell where i have had the bindings that i am keeping mounted. I have no idea how to transact the money, where i would have it properly packaged for shipping or any idea how much shipping will cost. I am sure there are a few seasoned vets out there that will be willing to help out a newbie. Thanks in advance.

MC209
02-10-2013, 07:04 PM
PayPal and your local post office should be able to hook you up!

byane
02-10-2013, 07:10 PM
How does pay pal work because i am going to want to get paid before sending the board but the buyer is gonna want the board before paying and unfortunately those 2 things can not happen simultaneously. Will the USPS pack a board for me and do it well enough that it will arrive unharmed. approxately how much does the average wakeboard cost to have packaged and shipped.

Cloaked
02-10-2013, 07:54 PM
How does pay pal work because i am going to want to get paid before sending the board but the buyer is gonna want the board before paying and unfortunately those 2 things can not happen simultaneously. Will the USPS pack a board for me and do it well enough that it will arrive unharmed. approxately how much does the average wakeboard cost to have packaged and shipped.yEr kEElin' me.. :D :D

you're keeping the binders if I read correctly. Wrap the board in some paper packing, bubble wrap, etc. Then find a box or make a box and wrap the box around the packaged board. Seal it with clear strapping tape. Address it, and mail it from USPS / UPS / Fed Ex....

PayPal is a bank transfer. Set yourself up an account here ==> PayPal dot com... :D You can set up an account and the buyer can pay you if he/she has a PayPal account. If not, have them set up an account also. . Once you get receipt of payment in PayPal, send the packaged product.

Ask the buyer to mark the payment as a gift (in PayPal). No fee. Done deal.

byane
02-10-2013, 08:13 PM
So buyers are willing to pay an individual such as myself (not that im an untrustworthy guy) in hopes that the product will actually be sent to them (which in my case of course it will). Im not sure i would trust being the buyer in that situation. Have you ever shipped a board and approximately what does it cost to send slowest way possible through USPS.

Cloaked
02-10-2013, 08:26 PM
So buyers are willing to pay an individual such as myself (not that im an untrustworthy guy) in hopes that the product will actually be sent to them (which in my case of course it will). Im not sure i would trust being the buyer in that situation. Have you ever shipped a board and approximately what does it cost to send slowest way possible through USPS.Yes. It's the way it works as far as I know. PayPal will also hold you accountable to protect the buyer.

I'd say the cost USPS (depending on distance and weight) standard delivery would be maybe $20 (plus or minus a few dollars). UPS would be about the same....

Where have you been lately? :D :D Is this you UMP?

byane
02-10-2013, 09:05 PM
If i transfered money to someone for something and they quickly colsed their account and vanished im not sure how paypal can hold them accountable but if the buyer contacted paypal about the situation and paypal looked at the fact that this person did this the buyer would probably be reimbursed because paypal is probably insured for just such shenanigans. Hehe. We have probably never met online this is the first forum i nave ever been in. I have never even had a facebook page. I had to google what the heck PM meant. I learned that it means private message. Im still not 100% certain how to actually do that. If you have ever done any watersports on the Atlantic Intracoastal Watwrway in the Myrtle Beach area you have probably run into me. I also visit Trophy Lakes in Charleston, sc Hexagon Wake Park in Raleigh, nc & Orlando Watersports Complex as frequently as possible.

Cloaked
02-10-2013, 09:27 PM
If i transfered money to someone for something and they quickly colsed their account and vanished im not sure how paypal can hold them accountable but if the buyer contacted paypal about the situation and paypal looked at the fact that this person did this the buyer would probably be reimbursed because paypal is probably insured for just such shenanigans. Hehe. We have probably never met online this is the first forum i nave ever been in. I have never even had a facebook page. I had to google what the heck PM meant. I learned that it means private message. Im still not 100% certain how to actually do that. If you have ever done any watersports on the Atlantic Intracoastal Watwrway in the Myrtle Beach area you have probably run into me. I also visit Trophy Lakes in Charleston, sc Hexagon Wake Park in Raleigh, nc & Orlando Watersports Complex as frequently as possible.Excellent and welcome to the boat forum. You'll fit right in here....I think I saw you over near Myrle Beach last summer. :D

PayPal is about the only game in town for direct and convenient transactions. I have used PayPal several times as have many others here (I presume) and it's a going thing.

Look, you box up that ski (easy enough), set up an account at paypal dot com, and tell the buyer to send you the funds. Look on line at PayPal in your account the day you expect the funds, confirm that they have paid and go to the USPS and send it out. Done deal.

Hurry back.

byane
02-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Thank you very much. Do you live in or near Myrtle Beach. If not and you visit hit me up , maybe even send me a PM hehe and we can hook you up with a tow.

TruckeeEP
02-11-2013, 01:33 PM
If the buyer is paranoid about sending money first, you can set up a ebay auction and he will have buyer protection through ebay. Ebay.com if you need to go this route and setup an account. I have done this for buyers, it will cost you small percentage of the transaction though, I think about 3%? Add another couple percent for paypal and you are donating about 5% for peace of mind.

byane
02-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Your post got me googling and buyer disputes are ineligible if a paypal direct payment is made so your method is the only way for both seller and buyer to be protected. How do u create an auction that only the two of you can see? It would present a problem if a different buyer squeezed in and bought it before the pre arranged buyer got it.