PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Prostar Ski Pylon/Pole Removal

LotusV8
02-09-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm replacing my carpet and need help on removing the ski pole in order to remove center wood plank.

I have loosened the U clamps but do not know what to do next.

I see many of you guys remove them to have powder coated , so I know I'm just missing something.

I did do many archive searches and cannot find removal details.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Cloaked
02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
All of the boats I have had, that center section will lift right up over the pylon. No need to remove.

tph
02-09-2013, 10:53 PM
All of the boats I have had, that center section will lift right up over the pylon. No need to remove.

That panel may go under the observer base (which is part of the deck assembly on a '89) So, you may have to remove the pylon. I think it's only secured with the two "U" clamps. Is it corroded?

wheelerd
02-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Is it corroded?

I was about to suggest the same thing. Should just pull up. Try twisting slightly or tapping gently with a rubber hammer.

89BigBlock
02-14-2013, 08:39 PM
That floor piece goes under the observer seat like mentioned above and IS connected by two U clamps in opposit directions. One goes through the hull that is shaped also like a U, and the other goes through the AL support under the floor.

LotusV8
03-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Ski pole is out and center board removed.

Thanks for all the help!

LotusV8

mpdobson
08-10-2013, 07:30 AM
Did you remove the centre board by taking it out towards the bow of the boat? I am in the process of replacing my carpet but i am having some trouble getting this piece out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD