PDA

View Full Version : Maradyne Marine Heater Install- Video!!

Mgboyd25
02-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Fellow Teamtalk member JKski and I got a chance to install a brand new boat Heater from Maradyne Marine in my 2004 X7.

This was a very easy do it yourself project that only took 2-3 hours. I hope that the video helps any members that are interested in tackling this project themselves. I canít wait for the ice to thaw so I can start using it!

For more information on these units follow the link below to their website!

Check it out!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9xTWkyM-QU
http://www.maradynemarine.com/

Double D
02-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Looks Great!! I'm so flattered that I know movie stars!!

Mgboyd25
02-06-2013, 09:04 AM
Haha thanks DD!
Jkski's Celebrity status continues!

We need to put one in the 205!! :)

jkski
02-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Haha thanks DD!

I'd like to thank the Academy and all of the little people (you know who you are) for this award........OH wait, they haven't given me an award yet, guess I better stick with my day job!

bjen
02-06-2013, 11:37 AM
So...I had a 3 outlet heatercraft kit sitting in my 'cart' on their website then I saw this. My heater project has been bouncing around for months and I have to get after it soon.

Looks like you have to call for prices to Maradyne, online ordering not available from their website.
Anyone have pros and cons for each? Everything looks pretty similar...Heatercraft has a complete 'kit' but im sure there will be a few trips to the parts bin.

Double D
02-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Haha thanks DD!

My big question is where the actual heater unit gets mounted. Got any pictures of that??

jkski
02-06-2013, 08:52 PM
So...I had a 3 outlet heatercraft kit sitting in my 'cart' on their website then I saw this. My heater project has been bouncing around for months and I have to get after it soon.

Looks like you have to call for prices to Maradyne, online ordering not available from their website.
Anyone have pros and cons for each? Everything looks pretty similar...Heatercraft has a complete 'kit' but im sure there will be a few trips to the parts bin.

I have installed both brands and they are pretty much the same right down to the wiring. It's been a while since I did the 3 outlet heater but it does take up a little more space and truthfully it did not lick out much more in the way of heat, but the added vent was nice depending on where you put it. For what it is worth, I really liked the Maradyne Heater and the install kit they sell had everything necessary to get the job done right without a trip to any store.
Let me know if you have any questions on the install and I will be happy to help if I can.

jkski
02-06-2013, 08:55 PM
My big question is where the actual heater unit gets mounted. Got any pictures of that??

The actual heater itself is mounted to the floor behind the kick panel at the drivers feet. You do have some options as to where they can be mounted but I really like having the unit completely out of the way. Yes. it is a bit more difficult to install as you are working in cramped quarters but like everything, there are tricks to make it easier.
If you ever want to add one to your boat just let me know, I'd be happy to help.

Double D
02-06-2013, 09:58 PM
The actual heater itself is mounted to the floor behind the kick panel at the drivers feet. You do have some options as to where they can be mounted but I really like having the unit completely out of the way. Yes. it is a bit more difficult to install as you are working in cramped quarters but like everything, there are tricks to make it easier.
If you ever want to add one to your boat just let me know, I'd be happy to help.

Thanks Jeff. Just not sure I have any space behind that kick plate. I have had it off a few times and just don't think there is any room......

bjen
02-06-2013, 11:32 PM
OK-that sounds good-I do like the idea of the kit being complete, sounds like it will just come down to price and availability.
Thanks for the advice.........

I have installed both brands and they are pretty much the same right down to the wiring. It's been a while since I did the 3 outlet heater but it does take up a little more space and truthfully it did not lick out much more in the way of heat, but the added vent was nice depending on where you put it. For what it is worth, I really liked the Maradyne Heater and the install kit they sell had everything necessary to get the job done right without a trip to any store.
Let me know if you have any questions on the install and I will be happy to help if I can.

jkski
02-07-2013, 06:36 AM
Thanks Jeff. Just not sure I have any space behind that kick plate. I have had it off a few times and just don't think there is any room......

There are other locations as well where it can easily go. The factory one installed in my 2008 is actually mounted up under the passenger side flip up seat in the storage area. It is attached to the fiberglass which makes up the back of the bow seating and as is the case with most MC things, the engineers thought this thru and put backing material in that location so that you can mount right to it.

Moral of the story, if you want one in your boat, we can find a spot to hide it!

Double D
02-07-2013, 10:42 AM
There are other locations as well where it can easily go. The factory one installed in my 2008 is actually mounted up under the passenger side flip up seat in the storage area. It is attached to the fiberglass which makes up the back of the bow seating and as is the case with most MC things, the engineers thought this thru and put backing material in that location so that you can mount right to it.

Moral of the story, if you want one in your boat, we can find a spot to hide it!

Good moral. Of course behind the passenger seat is where I have my 2nd battery, sub woofer and amps... :(

Jgolla
02-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Double D, I must say I love the quote! I sent it to my two kids in college (one in Pre-law and one in Poli Sci). As for the web store, we are actively looking to get that set up soon. If there are items missing in any kits that require "trips to the store", please let us know. That is the type of feedback we look for from the public and what we learn from setting up installs. We never stop trying to evolve the product offerings. As for the celebrity chosen for the install, that is only because I have a face for radio.

Joe Golla-VP Maradyne Marine

g-mantrix
11-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Started my Maradyne 3 outlet heater install into my 07 X2. Located the unit under rear seat drivers sidehttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/09/4ebezyhe.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/09/hy6e5etu.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/09/3yqy6u7a.jpg

Stoked with how it fits in there, now to work on vent hoses and so on, will update pics as i go along

Traxx822
11-09-2013, 08:40 AM
This is cool and will probably make it into my boat. What is the average cost on one of these units though?

g-mantrix
11-09-2013, 05:31 PM
I bought the unit through a mate here in Aus that imports boats, but I believe they are better priced than heatercraft

g-mantrix
11-14-2013, 04:27 AM
Ok guys, heading back to the boat storage this weekend and wanna get the heater all sorted. Can anyone help with the wiring aspect on the X2, as in i want to connect the heater wiring to the exist MC switch, but nit sure how to trace the correct wires in the loom, any suggestions?

jackpita
11-14-2013, 06:05 AM
On my 08 X14 the heater wiring was clearly labeled 'heat hi' and 'heat low'. My install listed here.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=57400

g-mantrix
11-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Ok so wiring is sorted and unit puts out really good air, only cold at this stage as my next step is to connect heater hoses to engine.
Maradyne supply 2 straight threaded brass fittings, so i guess these both get threaded into engine for in flow and out flow.
I have located 1 location on top of engine near thermostat, so ok with that.
Just not sure with the 2nd location on engine as its not clear on their install vid. Also other installs i have read mention a Y or T fitting from Skidim into the raw water pickup, but as this kit comes complete i am just gonna use their supplied fittings.
Can anyone shed some clarity on this 2nd location to fit a straight fitting?
Help appreciated as I'm heading back to the boat storage today to complete install
Cheers

tkemperdc
11-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Ok so wiring is sorted and unit puts out really good air, only cold at this stage as my next step is to connect heater hoses to engine.
Maradyne supply 2 straight threaded brass fittings, so i guess these both get threaded into engine for in flow and out flow.
I have located 1 location on top of engine near thermostat, so ok with that.
Just not sure with the 2nd location on engine as its not clear on their install vid. Also other installs i have read mention a Y or T fitting from Skidim into the raw water pickup, but as this kit comes complete i am just gonna use their supplied fittings.
Can anyone shed some clarity on this 2nd location to fit a straight fitting?
Help appreciated as I'm heading back to the boat storage today to complete install
Cheers

I used the newer 3 vent heater craft, had everything I needed, including the Y fitting.

My install was a 2008 Xstar LY6 motor. I believe the idea behind the Y fitting was to reduce the flow and when you see it you will know why. where is comes back in is a small hole drilled in the Y fitting. keeps the hot water backed up into the heater core moreso.

That being said Im sure the Maradyne are good products, and I do not want to take away from there product, just my experience with an install, actually 2, I did my X15 as well.

g-mantrix
11-22-2013, 04:26 PM
I used the newer 3 vent heater craft, had everything I needed, including the Y fitting.

My install was a 2008 Xstar LY6 motor. I believe the idea behind the Y fitting was to reduce the flow and when you see it you will know why. where is comes back in is a small hole drilled in the Y fitting. keeps the hot water backed up into the heater core moreso.

That being said Im sure the Maradyne are good products, and I do not want to take away from there product, just my experience with an install, actually 2, I did my X15 as well.

Thanks for that, so i guess the Y fitting was tapped into the raw water intake hose. But what i am wanting to be clear on as Maradyne supply all fittings where to put this 2nd connection into at the engine end, unless you did this with your install?

tkemperdc
11-22-2013, 05:01 PM
I would have to look at the engine again to see a flow diagram, I know mine was indmar and they sent me a diagram. I would assume you would send the hot water back out as soon as possible. Sorry I could not answer that with out looking where the return goes for sure.

But yes with the Y fitting it goes back in the raw water side.

Cloaked
11-24-2013, 06:11 PM
looks good

g-mantrix
12-03-2013, 03:34 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/03/qypagyzu.jpgAppreciate the help guys, all installed and very happy with the maradyne unit in terms of heat output, gave it a good go last night as the air temp cooled down

Mark rsa2au
12-03-2013, 04:35 AM
Nice one mate! I take it from this post you sorted the hot water outlet. Sounded like a real pain but happy to see a good outcome.

Being Melbourne you may need the heater soon. Lol