PDA

View Full Version : looking for help

finsterfx@aol.com
02-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Looking for a boat that will be ideal for barefooting and wakeboarding, I know these are two extremes but the wife barefoots and if I want a boat you get the picture!

musicmd
02-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Looking for a boat that will be ideal for barefooting and wakeboarding, I know these are two extremes but the wife barefoots and if I want a boat you get the picture!

I've never barefooted (although I want to try it soon) - - - don't most people barefoot of to the side of the boat? If that's the case, you could look at an X-series crossover for wakeboarding and outfit it with a boom for barefooting.

Others on the site will definitely have more solidified ideas for you.

I bought a used X-10 last year, hoping that we would get a range of uses out of it, as well. I am the only slalom skier in a family of wakeboarders, hence, the decision to go with an X series. However, I'm hopeful that the X-10 without ballast (or a little in the mid tanks) with people in the bow will result in an acceptable wake for me when I ski. At the very least, it seems it will be better than our previous SeaRay runabout.

However, I know some people have had great success taking dedicated ski boats and outfitting them with towers and ballast to good result.

I'll look forward to the replies of more experienced people on the forum.

mzimme
02-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Check out the x9/209. That boat will do everything.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

madcityskier
02-02-2013, 11:52 AM
X9 X14 and X14V would all do very nicely. Depending on your budget a 295 and a couple good fat sacs can do a pretty good job of most things.

madcityskier
02-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Here it is.

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=906220#post906220

fskof
02-02-2013, 01:00 PM
I say 209 / X9 The best all around cross-over boat. With plenty of storage and seating for everyone.

bsloop
02-02-2013, 01:42 PM
What year range or budget?

x-9 works on the newer side.
going back 209 and 205 even older. May need to look for an upgraded engine package.

A stock tower boat will likely have better reinforcement than an aftermarket tower. Pay close attention to how the tower was mounted and look for a large backing surface (good), stress cracks (possibly not good)

BTW, as pointed out, try to keep topics to one post please.

Jerseydave
02-02-2013, 07:06 PM
X-1 or X-2 would have plenty of speed for footin' but wake crossings might be tough.

On the plus side, it will produce an awesome wakeboard wake with proper sacs. I'd install an attitude adjustment plate on it for footin'.....that should help flatten out the wake.

I foot behind my '05 X-star with no problems too. 39 mph.