PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Prepper?

Bouyhead
01-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Well that's what they call themselves in NY. A Prepper is someone preparing for the end. As in the end of civilization, whether thru natural disaster, nuclear and or terrorist attack, economic collapse,etc. They pack bags called " bug out bags" filled with dried food, batteries,etc. Seems a little dramatic but to each his own. Myself? Well I just have a few guns and a boatload of ammo. Are you a Prepper?

thatsmrmastercraft
01-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Well that's what they call themselves in NY. A Prepper is someone preparing for the end. As in the end of civilization, whether thru natural disaster, nuclear and or terrorist attack, economic collapse,etc. They pack bags called " bug out bags" filled with dried food, batteries,etc. Seems a little dramatic but to each his own. Myself? Well I just have a few guns and a boatload of ammo. Are you a Prepper?

By your definition.....yes.

Hecker
01-29-2013, 10:15 PM
No I'm not. If I was I wouldn't tell you because you'd just come and take my stash! lol

thatsmrmastercraft
01-29-2013, 10:17 PM
Not if you had a few guns and a boatload of ammo.:rolleyes:

Hecker
01-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Maybe I do...maybe I don't...;)

BrooksfamX2
01-29-2013, 10:57 PM
Nope, just living in the moment and oh, waiting for the zombie apocalypse..... :rolleyes:

rgardjr1
01-29-2013, 11:15 PM
I do have an extra fuel pump that I bought at Napa just in case ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onewheat
01-29-2013, 11:33 PM
I do have an extra fuel pump that I bought at Napa just in case ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:uglyhamme

The only prepping that makes sense to me. Personally - I'd just end up eating the stuff late some night when I was hungry and hadn't been to the store, so why bother?

FrankSchwab
01-30-2013, 12:26 AM
I simply stockpiled guns, so I can take food and water from the people who stockpiled them but don't believe in guns...

"I don't have to run faster than the lion; I only have to run faster than you"

/frank

GoneBoatN
01-30-2013, 01:00 AM

Exactly how does one prepare for a nuclear attack? You building a fall-out shelter? How long do you think you can remain in that fall-out shelter if you do have one.

Economic collapse? Buying precious metals will do you little good when you are hungry.

Gun powder does not taste that great. You might want to add some dried food and some sanitized water to that stash of fire power.

Natural disaster. Well seeing as I live in earthquake land, hell yes. I'm not that stupid. :D Oh, and by the way, before you say about CA, understand it is actually the pacific rim that is a concern. Also, some of you back east may want to do a little research about the New Madrid Fault. :D

clrussell
01-30-2013, 07:01 AM
I wouldn't call myself a prepper, but I do have a bug out bag for if the shtf.. Never know what's going to happen in today's society

Tapatalk

GT500 MC
01-30-2013, 09:22 AM
I simply stockpiled guns, so I can take food and water from the people who stockpiled them but don't believe in guns...

"I don't have to run faster than the lion; I only have to run faster than you"

/frank

I've always loved that quote.

I'm like Buoy---a few weapons and a few k rds of ammo. A couple week's worth of dried stuff and water, that's about it. Anything more than that and I'd probably be in over my head anyway. It'd start looking like some scene out of MadMax. But you can bet I wouldn't be the one on the back of no motorcycle......:D

Maybe I do need a generator.

BrooksfamX2
01-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Exactly how does one prepare for a nuclear attack?

I have a lawn chair, dark sunglasses, SPF2000 and gin and tonic.... Get in my swimsuit, apply SPF2000 liberally, put on sun glasses, sit in the chair in my back yard with a drink and wait for the bright flash and heat wave...... :cool:

willyt
01-30-2013, 09:48 AM
i bought a boat in case of a world-wide flood

02ProstarSammyD
01-30-2013, 09:57 AM
I'm not but my girl is hilarious. We started watching walking dead and first words out of her mouth "we need more ammo". I thought she was kidding and then she came home with a few cases for each gun.

My lake has a few islands we have planned to hang out on haha. Plenty of fish/water to survive on. Only problem would be if zombies can swim. I mean current research shows that as a no but I don't see why they couldn't.

aquaman
01-30-2013, 10:06 AM
i bought a boat in case of a world-wide flood

yea.....should be plenty of glass with everyone else under water. :)

GT500 MC
01-30-2013, 10:08 AM
I'm not but my girl is hilarious. We started watching walking dead and first words out of her mouth "we need more ammo". I thought she was kidding and then she came home with a few cases for each gun.

My lake has a few islands we have planned to hang out on haha. Plenty of fish/water to survive on. Only problem would be if zombies can swim. I mean current research shows that as a no but I don't see why they couldn't.

I really don't think they could. They would be a bit too porous, thus causing them to not float. I guess they could crawl across the bottom to get you. :confused:

GT500 MC
01-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Maybe I've thought about this a bit too much.

02ProstarSammyD
01-30-2013, 10:13 AM
I really don't think they could. They would be a bit too porous, thus causing them to not float. I guess they could crawl across the bottom to get you.

IDK MAN. I take all my research from the walking dead and I am Legend. 2 contrasting thoughts on this lil boogers. In the walking dead they are obviously not built for water. I mean the one that fell in the well ripped in half from bloating. On the other hand the lil bastads in I am Legend were freaking nuts. I bet those guys could rip through water like a shark.

I'm thinking I should install some underwater lights in the MC just in case they can swim. Also maybe a mount for a 50 cal on the tower. Could man that thing from on top of the doghouse. Holding the ammo in the boat would also be a good substitution for ballast.

east tx skier
01-30-2013, 10:36 AM
No.

dfmaus
01-30-2013, 10:53 AM
You need to study up on your zombies

http://movies.about.com/od/toppicks/tp/old-school-zombies.htm

02ProstarSammyD
01-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Come on man I'm not risking my life in a zombie apocalypse based on a 1943 movie. I mean they obviously had to portray them that way due to crappy special effects and no "real" zombies to play the part. What if they really are fast, can swim, and more importantly........can use a door knob. Heck who's to say they can't fire a weapon and then eat you? I'm freaking out here!

Sodar
01-30-2013, 11:41 AM
I think by living in California, that I/we prep a bit more just because of earthquakes. I have done a few things to make sure that if a big one hits that we can survive without the infrastructure being 100% intact for a week or 2. I always try to have 20 gallons of gas in gas cans and we have a few emergency food kits from Costco. For water, I have a bunch of filters to purify my parents' pool water, so I should be good there(they live a couple blocks away). I still need to buy a generator, as I have rigged my electrical panel up to be able to tie a generator into and I need to get some guns.

I think it is a decent start, but I do not consider myself a quack-job prepper like those on TV.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-30-2013, 11:47 AM
I think by living in California, that I/we prep a bit more just because of earthquakes. I have done a few things to make sure that if a big one hits that we can survive without the infrastructure being 100% intact for a week or 2. I always try to have 20 gallons of gas in gas cans and we have a few emergency food kits from Costco. For water, I have a bunch of filters to purify my parents' pool water, so I should be good there(they live a couple blocks away). I still need to buy a generator, as I have rigged my electrical panel up to be able to tie a generator into and I need to get some guns.

I think it is a decent start, but I do not consider myself a quack-job prepper like those on TV.

What if the earthquake crack the pool and all the water runs out? Just sayin'

Sodar
01-30-2013, 11:53 AM

How is the earthquake going to crack an above ground pool? 8p

GoneBoatN
01-30-2013, 08:00 PM

Don't you know, everyone says the ground is going to split and then all of California is going to be sucked into the crack. 8p

GoneBoatN
01-30-2013, 08:04 PM
I have a lawn chair, dark sunglasses, SPF2000 and gin and tonic.... Get in my swimsuit, apply SPF2000 liberally, put on sun glasses, sit in the chair in my back yard with a drink and wait for the bright flash and heat wave...... :cool:

For me, it will be gin and a couple of limes sitting by the pool. Sunglasses yes; screen not needed. Don't need the tonic either. I'll keep it simple.I work from home so during the summer I'm usually in the swim suit anyways.

GoneBoatN
01-30-2013, 08:06 PM

25,000 gallons has to go somewhere. The pool will be just a little bit deeper.

milkmania
01-30-2013, 08:11 PM
got an old gf that I still text every once in a while to check up on and see how she's doing.... she's becoming consumed with all the "world is coming to an end nazi obama hate gun hitler" crap that I don't think I'll be checking on her much longer :(
she doesn't send text messages back, she sends text books.... I think she's "off her meds" or something:rolleyes:

JimN
01-30-2013, 08:17 PM

It beat the crap out of the Bay Bridge when Al Michaels was on the air- that's a lot bigger than a little above-ground pool. How would an earthquake NOT tear it up?

JimN
01-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Who started all of this Zombie Apocalypse stuff, anyway?

milkmania
01-30-2013, 08:28 PM
proof! she's off her meds or bat**** crazy
each paragraph is an individual text message in 23 minutes time:rolleyes:

The **** is going to hit the fan. Martial law will be here soon and the collapse of the economy before June. We are so screwed. You better get ammo while you can. IF you can.

I sent Jennifer an email and explained to her what is going to happen soon and to be ever vigilant and mindful of the kids. Soon the "kids" will be forced into His regime. All Bilerbergs in DC. We are screwed. They have funded every every Commie takeover in the last 100 years. It is already here. There is going to be a very bloody war.

Everythong is already in place. Why else would an impeachable president be in office? Hillary will get off for her treasonous acts. Kerry confirmed for secretary of state. He is a traitor and it against the constitution. But they are all Bilderbergs. I have called it for months!

I am terrified for the kids. That is why I contacted Jen. She doesn't pay attention. They are going to force vaccines on the kids at school without parents knowledge. They are asking them in school if your parents have guns, smoke? That means you are unfit and they are going to take them from you. Sad.when you are more scared of living than dying. That is where I am. I don't care about me, but the kids!

Martial Law will be here before June, probably in May. Then collapse of economy. I am selling everything. Garage sale March 1st

If you are old or useless, and cannot SERVE, you will be gassed. I will die from a bullet before I get gassed. Not going to a camp. Watch The Obama Deception full version. It is all already in place.

They are coming for the city folks first, then rural. Trying to prepare but only delaying the inevitable.

Paul Michael told Christopher he is to be the "keeper of the kids" pretty heavy burden. Google Muslim terrorists in Oklahoma. They are in Talihina.

My folks know. But my dad won't leave. He is going to defend his property. Teresa wants to leave but won't leave my folks.

Even looked at other countries to go to and there aren't really any options. Bills already in Congress to make Canada and Mexico a part of US. ONE WORLD ORDER, is here! It will like Nazi Germany. Only an all out uprising against the government or GoD will save us. IT WILL GET UGLY! IT WILL BE A BLOOD BATH But they have purchased enough ammo to wage a 7 year war against the US citizens. Tribulation. Many Biblical prophesies are cominmg to be.

Google FEMA camps with Jesse Ventura.check out the coffins that will hold 7 bodies. Also Jesse did one on HAARP, the government controlled weather station. It is all in place.

All the Presidents since Kennedy have been put in office. He was killed coz he wouldn't comply.

All the shooters, also have been Liberal Democrats. Fort Hood, James Holmes, and even the Columbine students were raised Liberal Dems. Although they were underage. And there is an obituary of Adam Lanza, the "shooter" at Newtown, died the day beforethe shooting. Many tributes for NEWTOWN on internet were posted days and one, a month before the shooting. Asking for money before it even happened.

Evidence that CIA drugged some to commit crime. Sihan Sirhan still has no recollection of shooting Robert Kennedy. And private citizens sued the CIA for unknowingly drugging them and they won a hundred grand each. Small price for ****ing with your head.

Both fathers (both computer scientists) of James Holmes and Adam Lanza were to testify within days against the banking system to bring down the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve and the BILDERBERGS, OWN, this country! Coincidence? Very doubtful!

HartlandX1
01-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Pretty sure half the people on this board would agree with the nut job....proof! she's off her meds or bat**** crazy
each paragraph is an individual text message in 23 minutes time:rolleyes:

The **** is going to hit the fan. Martial law will be here soon and the collapse of the economy before June. We are so screwed. You better get ammo while you can. IF you can.

I sent Jennifer an email and explained to her what is going to happen soon and to be ever vigilant and mindful of the kids. Soon the "kids" will be forced into His regime. All Bilerbergs in DC. We are screwed. They have funded every every Commie takeover in the last 100 years. It is already here. There is going to be a very bloody war.

Everythong is already in place. Why else would an impeachable president be in office? Hillary will get off for her treasonous acts. Kerry confirmed for secretary of state. He is a traitor and it against the constitution. But they are all Bilderbergs. I have called it for months!

I am terrified for the kids. That is why I contacted Jen. She doesn't pay attention. They are going to force vaccines on the kids at school without parents knowledge. They are asking them in school if your parents have guns, smoke? That means you are unfit and they are going to take them from you. Sad.when you are more scared of living than dying. That is where I am. I don't care about me, but the kids!

Martial Law will be here before June, probably in May. Then collapse of economy. I am selling everything. Garage sale March 1st

If you are old or useless, and cannot SERVE, you will be gassed. I will die from a bullet before I get gassed. Not going to a camp. Watch The Obama Deception full version. It is all already in place.

They are coming for the city folks first, then rural. Trying to prepare but only delaying the inevitable.

Paul Michael told Christopher he is to be the "keeper of the kids" pretty heavy burden. Google Muslim terrorists in Oklahoma. They are in Talihina.

My folks know. But my dad won't leave. He is going to defend his property. Teresa wants to leave but won't leave my folks.

Even looked at other countries to go to and there aren't really any options. Bills already in Congress to make Canada and Mexico a part of US. ONE WORLD ORDER, is here! It will like Nazi Germany. Only an all out uprising against the government or GoD will save us. IT WILL GET UGLY! IT WILL BE A BLOOD BATH But they have purchased enough ammo to wage a 7 year war against the US citizens. Tribulation. Many Biblical prophesies are cominmg to be.

Google FEMA camps with Jesse Ventura.check out the coffins that will hold 7 bodies. Also Jesse did one on HAARP, the government controlled weather station. It is all in place.

All the Presidents since Kennedy have been put in office. He was killed coz he wouldn't comply.

All the shooters, also have been Liberal Democrats. Fort Hood, James Holmes, and even the Columbine students were raised Liberal Dems. Although they were underage. And there is an obituary of Adam Lanza, the "shooter" at Newtown, died the day beforethe shooting. Many tributes for NEWTOWN on internet were posted days and one, a month before the shooting. Asking for money before it even happened.

Evidence that CIA drugged some to commit crime. Sihan Sirhan still has no recollection of shooting Robert Kennedy. And private citizens sued the CIA for unknowingly drugging them and they won a hundred grand each. Small price for ****ing with your head.

Both fathers (both computer scientists) of James Holmes and Adam Lanza were to testify within days against the banking system to bring down the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve and the BILDERBERGS, OWN, this country! Coincidence? Very doubtful!

milkmania
01-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Pretty sure half the people on this board would agree with the nut job....
when she was blowing up my phone, I was thinking Whiskey Tango Foxtrot:mad:..... but, once I copied it and pasted it into a readable format...... I'm thinking...hmmmmmmmmhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/conf40.gif

Kyle
01-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Milk

Go give this nutty woman what she really needs. Put it on her good and get her mind off of this pointless garbage.

Like do a real good job and leave a big smile on her face, so she can live in peace.

milkmania
01-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Milk

Go give this nutty woman what she really needs. Put it on her good and get her mind off of this pointless garbage.

Like do a real good job and leave a big smile on her face, so she can live in peace.

there-in lies the problem, she done threw in the towelhttp://68.178.167.89/smf/Smileys/default/happy2.gif

Bouyhead
01-30-2013, 09:11 PM

Check the map, it's way more then half:D:D:Dhttp://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52390

Kyle
01-30-2013, 09:18 PM
there-in lies the problem, she done threw in the towelhttp://68.178.167.89/smf/Smileys/default/happy2.gif

Then why waste a perfectly good text her way?

milkmania
01-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Then why waste a perfectly good text her way?

gotta keep in touch http://deephousepage.com/smilies/thumb.gif

Kyle
01-30-2013, 09:31 PM
gotta keep in touch http://deephousepage.com/smilies/thumb.gif

I understand........

GoneBoatN
01-31-2013, 01:49 AM
It beat the crap out of the Bay Bridge when Al Michaels was on the air- that's a lot bigger than a little above-ground pool. How would an earthquake NOT tear it up?

Honestly I hope it goes into the drink. All the foreign steel that it is composed of.

hondaprlud
01-31-2013, 08:44 AM
I'm with the sunglasses and gin crew. ya'll want to meet up for a gin prepper reunion :D

JimN
01-31-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm with the sunglasses and gin crew. ya'll want to meet up for a gin prepper reunion :D

I agree- being hammered on gin in broad daylight sucks.

Double
01-31-2013, 09:10 AM

;) that was the best line I've seen yet!!!

BrooksfamX2
01-31-2013, 09:23 AM
Who started all of this Zombie Apocalypse stuff, anyway?

They are out there.............. :o

dfmaus
01-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Fast zombies would REALLY suck. I like the slow, staggering, not too bright kind.

Come on man I'm not risking my life in a zombie apocalypse based on a 1943 movie. I mean they obviously had to portray them that way due to crappy special effects and no "real" zombies to play the part. What if they really are fast, can swim, and more importantly........can use a door knob. Heck who's to say they can't fire a weapon and then eat you? I'm freaking out here!

milkmania
01-31-2013, 02:36 PM
Fast zombies would REALLY suck. I like the slow, staggering, not too bright kind.

found my shirt:cool:
http://www.badideatshirts.com/Assets/ProductImages/PS_1085W_ZOMBIES_TRIPPING.jpg

shepherd
01-31-2013, 03:14 PM
What's a bilderberg? Sounds scary.

Milk, what did you do to that poor woman?

milkmania
01-31-2013, 03:57 PM
What's a bilderberg? Sounds scary.

Milk, what did you do to that poor woman?
long story, but dang we sure had fun!http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

I have no idea what a bilderberg is either.....all I said to her was "how are you doing today?"
and I got all those messages backhttp://68.178.167.89/smf/Smileys/default/annoyed.gif

http://www.infowars.com/bilderberg-elite-angry-over-constant-exposure/
According to veteran journalist Jim Tucker, Bilderberg elitists are furious over the “constant exposure” the secretive group is receiving in the European media, forcing members to consider the unprecedented step of holding the organization’s annual meeting in the United States for two years running.

The US corporate media routinely ignores what would normally be considered a sensational story – over 100 of the world’s most powerful people – including the likes of Eric Schmidt, Henry Kissinger, David Rockefeller, Herman van Rompuy, and the Queen of the Netherlands – meeting behind closed doors to discuss the future of the world.

shepherd
01-31-2013, 04:24 PM
Henry Kissinger is a bilderberg? Now I'm really scared!

milkmania
01-31-2013, 06:58 PM
Henry Kissinger is a bilderberg? Now I'm really scared!

This Chart (http://www.businessinsider.com/this-chart-shows-the-bilderberg-groups-connection-to-everything-in-the-world-2012-6#ixzz2JbJ166Jr) Shows The Bilderberg Group's Connection To Everything In The World

milkmania
02-02-2013, 09:40 PM
They are out there.............. :o

have you ever been here?
http://www.darkotictargets.com/

BrooksfamX2
02-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Zombie Hunters.......... :cool:

BrooksfamX2
02-02-2013, 10:44 PM
have you ever been here?
http://www.darkotictargets.com/

I have...............

Table Rocker
02-02-2013, 11:01 PM
I had an Izod shirt once in college. I never really considered myself a prepper though. :)

milkmania
02-02-2013, 11:12 PM
I had an Izod shirt once in college. I never really considered myself a prepper though. :)
what about the Members Only jacket (http://www.liketotally80s.com/members-only-jackets.html)?

Table Rocker
02-02-2013, 11:17 PM
what about the Members Only jacket?
I wanted one, but never bad enough to buy one. My roommate had a grey one, which probably prevented me from buying one since I didn't want to look like a twin (or worse).

BrooksfamX2
02-02-2013, 11:20 PM

I think that's supposed to be preppie........... :rolleyes:

Table Rocker
02-02-2013, 11:31 PM
I think that's supposed to be preppie........... :rolleyes:
I think you are right. I added the smiley to illustrate my blissful ignorance of all things preppie and prepper.

I am a prepper in the sense of when I'm loading the boat and car for a lake weekend, the family knows I'm dialed in 100% on preparation for recreation.

The Izod shirt wasn't pink though. I just want to make that clear.

milkmania
02-02-2013, 11:37 PM
this thread is all over the place http://68.178.167.89/smf/Smileys/default/gathering.gif

Tristarboarder
02-03-2013, 02:27 AM
Very, very strange. Hmmmmm, my idea of preppin is making sure I got the cooler on the boat with beer before I head out...nothin worse than being on the water with no refreshments, just a bummer......call me a cynic.....I mean, a guy gets thirsty

JimN
02-03-2013, 04:39 AM
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvCTaccEkMI

JimN
02-03-2013, 04:42 AM
That was just wrong. Sorry, but it was bound to be posted.

bbymgr
02-03-2013, 09:40 AM
I'm still waiting for him to turn into a werewolf...........I have already prepped for it.:D

BrooksfamX2
02-03-2013, 10:07 AM
I think you are right. I added the smiley to illustrate my blissful ignorance of all things preppie and prepper.

I am a prepper in the sense of when I'm loading the boat and car for a lake weekend, the family knows I'm dialed in 100% on preparation for recreation.

The Izod shirt wasn't pink though. I just want to make that clear.

As with a lot of us, the most common prepper activity is making sure the cooler is stocked and in the boat when we hit the water................. :D