PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Tristar mini makeover on Busch Light budget

lakeoz tristar
01-28-2013, 11:42 PM
I started out this off season with a few minor things to do,
1) Seal leaks in rear of the boat around the exhaust flanges and speedo's and rub rail.
2)Replace the decals and get the missing tristar decal
3)Clean seats and get some quotes for possible replacements.

that turned into alot more than I was planning on. When I winterized the boat I noticed one of the exhaust manifold drain plugs had pretty smooth threads and was worn out as was the inside of the exhaust. So I waited until I took it to a garage and had a guy look at it and he had new threads in a matter of minutes but they was not much meat left on the casting. So I decided to buy the easy drain kit from SKIDIM and never have to remove that hopefully getting a few more years of use..

Received a few quotes for the interior--Keep in mind I did not have the means to get to viper for a complete redo and the local shops were all asking over $5000. for just a basic interior (no welting) that was noted on the quote as being (alot more) and no carpet included .
So one intersting option I got was from a shop that does restoration of leather and vinyl. They gave me a quote that was right in line with what I was looking for. Repairing what they can and fixing the bad stitching and replacing what was needed. Still havent got the parts back yet will show you before and after once they are back.

But while I had manifold off and almost all the vinyl out I had other things that I added to my to do list.
4) Took out combings and the wood was brittle-replaced the the wood but kept the vinyl and put it all back together. (there is alot of staples wow)
5)The removable floor piece between the windshield had felt soft - so I took it out and the wood inside was rotted had to scrape all the wood out and replace the lay over with several layers of fiberglass.
6)took out the carpet because it was in pretty bad shape since I already had almost everything else out of the interior at this point. Ordered new carpet and currently in process of installing. While carpet was out had two spots under each front seat that needed to be fiber glassed, also fiber glassed all the screw holes that hold the seats and everything else down since they seemed to be larger than the screws are now. Sanded all the old glue off the floor and side walls (PITA) glad that is done.- Midnight Boat Carpeting (20oz)https://www.boatcarpetcentral.com/midnight-premium-boat-carpet
7) Since I had the manifold off one side I took exhaust flanges and speedo's off and reinstalled everything sealing and tightening all clamps.
8)Got to install a new stereo and speakers nothing special but better then what was in there. (Dual stereo with speakers package deal)
9) Took windshield off to replace the weather stripping, had several places where it was straight up missing. Polished the dash up nice and purdy while that was off.

Still have alot of things to do will add them to the list and keep updating.
Keep in mind these might not be the choices everyone might make as upgrades but I did not want to drop a bunch of money into a boat that I would never see back out of it if I ever decided to sell but I do intend to keep it for a year or two more until I can upgrade to a newer mastercraft. And all this work is stuff I have never attempted before or would have ever attempted with out Team Talk (gotta love this site) and it has kept me pretty busy this winter and will keep me busy for the next several weeks. Will attach some of the pictures tonight and the rest once I have them all sorted out and downloaded from the camera if I can find the cable.

lakeoz tristar
01-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Here are some of the in process pictures.... Not sure exactly when I started all this

lakeoz tristar
01-29-2013, 12:02 AM
Think I am getting a hang of it now I will put what each picture is now.
1) walk thru floor board with rotted wood
2)old combing panels
3)alot fo staples pulled from combing panels
4 and 5) Holes in floor under each seat cleaned out and repaired
6 and 7) floor and sides with all the glue after carpet removed
8)cleaned scraped and sanded floor glue all removed
9) holes repaired did some more finishing sanded smoother and such but didnt take final cleaned up pics
More to come

lakeoz tristar
01-29-2013, 12:09 AM
as promised
1) Rounded drain plug
2) quick drain plugs
3)exhaust and speedos reinstalled minus flappers still cleaning them up before putting back on
4)The new drain plg put back in or the part that I was worried about being able to catch a thread, hopefully I will not have to pull this off and save me from having to buy new manifolds for a few more years ( thought this was a pretty handy solution)
5)Sealed the floor seams with some 3M 5200 black where it has some seperations
6)Picture of the front end cleaned up a bit from what it looked like before.

lakeoz tristar
01-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Here are the last few I have loaded to the computer the others are in other cam or not downloaded yet or I have not taken them yet !!!:D
1 and 2) Old carpet next to new carpet --Love the improvement
3 and 4) walk thru floor piece carpet front and back.. Got a bit sloppy with the glue Opps
5) Picture of the passenger side with the carpet laid down..Still have the drivers side to do and 2 of the center sections, front Vee section and the pieces under the dash board.

So Since this is my last post for now feed back would be appreciated but be gentle.. I am pretty stoked and would hate to be bummed after ha ha ha..

and I have a question for your opinion..Post # 1 Picture 1 and post # 2 picture # 5 the decal has been removed. It used to be red with a grey or silver outline..What do you suggest as a replacement decal? Would it look good with the black outline as the registration numbers like in Post 1 picture 5? Or any other suggestions for colors or just straight up red? Have Jim Baws waiting on me to give him the color scheme I want.

Thanks for looking hope you enjoy..

psychobilly
01-29-2013, 05:57 AM
That looks like a lot of hard werk man! nice one! Keep the pics coming!!! :D

CC2MC
01-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Wow. I am assuming that this was a fairly recent purchase and you are bringing her back to life. Keep up the good work.

Lumbergh
01-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Nice work.

Like a tarbaby, one thing leads to another.

It can be hard to fix others neglect.

Jason.H.
01-29-2013, 12:49 PM
The floor on the left side of the engine is soft in my 1990 tristar. Im guessing just the wood under the carpet is rotten and needs replacing. :(

thatsmrmastercraft
01-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Really nice work so far. It looks like you are doing a good job of limiting yourself to repairing the necessary issues while keeping an eye on resale. This can be a difficult line to walk. Keep up the great work!

drschemel
01-29-2013, 02:08 PM
wow! I have the interior out of my TriStar and will freight it to Viper ($330 shipping one way) to have the seats redone. They seem to know what they do and are priced way under my local upholstry shops. But after seeing the condition or your boat, mine is pristine! 22 years of indoor storage has helped a lot. Good luck on your project. Jim at BAWS can reproduce your decals if you want to keep the origial look.

Lumbergh
01-29-2013, 02:23 PM
...It looks like you are doing a good job of limiting yourself to repairing the necessary issues while keeping an eye on resale. This can be a difficult line to walk. Keep up the great work!

Sage advice. A true life lesson there!

lakeoz tristar
02-01-2013, 11:33 PM
The pics are from the removable floor sections still need to do the cut outs but other than that they are good to go.
got the three removeable floor sections done and the driver side (no pics yet) almost done with the carept. Still have to do the front sections which should be easier once I have the floor pieces back in over the gas tank. Also spent some time cleaning off the gas tank it was a mess. And then I still have the panels that hide all the wires in front of the two forward seats but I think I need to do some glass work on them first.

Also want to *** a new swim deck may thinking of the same type, found some non slip matting like what is already on there for pretty cheap, might see how this one cleans up.

Picture # 2 See the exhaust hole fitting, Does anyone know what that is called or where to get a replacement? I have one that is pretty beat up if not too hard to find might get a replacement.

To answer when I got this boat- I got this boat Jan 2012. Was in pretty rough shape I guess but I thought the price was right until someone posted that tristar in Des Moines this week DOHHH...:shocked::shocked:

12 more payments on my other boat and I may be looking for a upgrade mastercraft ;)

I consider this my learn everything on boat.:D

lakeoz tristar
02-01-2013, 11:40 PM
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=10376&familyName=Attwood+Twist-On+Hose+Flange

Guess I asked too soon found them.

wheelerd
02-02-2013, 12:58 AM
Well done my man. I did almost exactly what you've done on my former TriStar. Your replacement carpet even looks exactly the same!
Great pics also to document your work. Keep 'em coming.

As for the side decal, I personally like the stock look with the gray shadowing.

lakeoz tristar
02-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Got all the carpet on the floors still have to to the panels under the dash in front of each seat. But like I said before I might need some fiberglass work on them first Starting to come together.. hope I remember where all the screws go!!:confused::eek3: Wish I took more pictures of the floor before I took it all apart.

Still have alot to do but I can see the progress and hopefully the hardest part is done.

wheelerd
02-02-2013, 10:39 PM
You were asking earlier about the exhaust ...
Not sure if your need the flapper or the flange but SkiDim has them both.
http://www.skidim.com/departments.asp?dept=1015

Also, you said you might need to do some glass work on the panels under the dash -- are they cracked or what? If so, just a couple layers of fibreglass cloth will do the trick but don't make them too rigid as they need to be able to flex a bit to be installed as I recall.

lakeoz tristar
02-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Thank You I actually needed the part that goes through the floor, pic attached. I have one on order.

Yeah the panel its pretty flexible but there is some chipping around the edge I guess its all going to be covered with carpet. I might just leave it alone at this point. It is the part that sits right under the steering wheel.

lakeoz tristar
02-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Here this may help what I am talking about.

wheelerd
02-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Gotcha. Maybe you could build up the panel edges with some premixed resin and chopped fiber.

mikeg205
02-03-2013, 12:42 PM
nice work

SWGA Boater
02-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Always turns out to be more than what you think doesn't it? Keep plugging along.

michiganTristar
02-05-2013, 01:28 PM
LakeOZ-

How did you fiberglass over top of the exsisting wood panels that were weak and springy? I currently have all the panel in front of the dog house and behind the dog house out. Never fiberglassed anything before, but pretty handy with just about anything.

Just looking for a quick breakdown of the steps, the amount of time it took (not the full carpet).

Just finished my adjustable height rear seat, the 750 LB fat sac fits perfectly under it, just need to fix this WOOD before installing it all into the boat.

damaged442
02-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Great work!! Way to keep another TriStar alive!!

lakeoz tristar
02-05-2013, 10:32 PM
The only floor board that was springy was the one furthest forward in between the pass thru. I did not glass over the top I removed the panel and removed the bottom of it because I could tell the wood was rotten see the pictures in post # 2 and 3. The wood was all rotted so I removed it all and put new wood inside and fiber glassed over that several layers until it felt solid. I kept turning it top side down to the ground and walked on it until it felt solid.
I guess if I could give you some advice is that the sides are sort of beveled to match the tray it fit in, try to get it to fit in the best you can, and so there are no gaps when you put the board in the tray, mix up a good batch of resin and pour it in to secure the wood and fill any gaps there maybe under neath where the wood meets the top of the tray, it will ooze out the edges but from what I could tell this was a good thing just clean as you go it will give the best fit and then put something on top of the board while the resin drys. I let that dry for a day or two before I started to lay fiberglass on top and seal the edges as best you can. Sand between each layer of fiberglass. For the fiber glass I just followed the directions on the bottle.

I took several days letting the layers dry was not in a hurry and had other stuff to do while it was drying.

I never used fiber glass before this and I didn't find that it was too difficult, if anything a little messy and took some time to get it all done but again I wasn't in a big hurry.
Get lots of gloves as it tends to get messy. Other than the resin and fiber glass I used some old disposable bowls for mixing and get several cheap disposable chip paint brushes, home depot or lowes has them for like .49 cents gonna use several of them unless you clean them between each layer.

To remove the wood I removed the panel cut out all the old wood with chisels and razor blades with a scraper and then sanded it smooth when it was almost all out.
For the last layer to cover the fiber glass top layer as you can see in post # 5 I used some of the Flex Seal as seen on TV just because I had a can laying around so that it was black and sealed the edges but I doubt it was necessary.

The other two panels if they are springy I did not take them apart because mine were in good shape, I think the other panel where the ski pole goes through seems to be the same process, but the one rear of the engine does not seem to have any wood in it as far as I could tell.

Good luck with your project let me know if I missed anything.

lakeoz tristar
02-15-2013, 09:47 PM
got some work done lately.. Got the stereo all wired up and testes to make sure it was working..Got the passenger side almost all buttoned up..
Good the word that my seats should be ready next week.. Decals are on order..Got new exhaust vent hose..So tomorrow will be the driver side and screw in all the floor panels and the two panels under the dash..Install new Drink/Beer holders and fire extinguisher and the other side of the windshield..Thinking of getting some of the new dash panels that I have seen on here and other sites..

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
02-15-2013, 10:27 PM
looking good...

wheelerd
02-16-2013, 01:56 AM
got some work done lately.. Got the stereo all wired up and testes to make sure it was working.

Ouch. That must have hurt.:banana:

lakeoz tristar
02-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Got a little bit of work done yesterday pulled it out into the driveway weather was nice.. got some cleaning done, sealed up the back rub rail thought there may have been some water seeping in so I sealed all the up with 3M 4200, went to reinstall the bilge pump thru hull fitting and tightened it too tight and it cracked from the inside..Have to wait a few days to get the new one.. Delayed the rest of the panel installs until I get the seats back (hopefully this week they will be delivered), the rear arm rests need to be put back on before the combing sections, my arms are not that long. Should have it ready before too long..Was really hoping I could get it backed into the water to make sure there was no leaks with everything I have done before securing the flooring sections. Thought since I got the quick drains put on and I could drain it and put it back in the garage until I get it out for real and put it back on the lift, but the water level is down and the boat ramp two doors down did not have enough water to float it.

lakeoz tristar
03-03-2013, 01:18 AM
A little before and after..
Got the pieces back from the shop today started to install most of it, then when I got tired I set them in place to see what they looked like.
I know they dont look as good as if I had everything replaced but as the title states I was on a budget and think it can out really good considering I spent $850

Still have to replace the carpet around the dog house..still got some screws to turn..Hopefully the last of the snow is gone and will be in the water soon.

Rockman
03-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Alot of hard work but it is coming together nicely! Great job!:toast:

wheelerd
03-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Looking fine.
Did you redo the seat backs of the two captain's chairs? Just wondering because I see the heat-stamped star graphic in the pic of the redone seats and if so, how did you replicate those?

thatsmrmastercraft
03-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Looking great!

lakeoz tristar
03-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Wheelerd--- No The captains chairs were only renewed so that is why the graphic is still there. this place couldn't do the graphics in anything they replaced. What they did replace was the three Bow sections, not the seat bases, The rear three pieces again not the seat base, those must have been recently redone by PO.

Theclarks1111
03-03-2013, 09:15 PM
That looks great, the upholstery really turned out nice!

wheelerd
03-04-2013, 12:45 AM
Wheelerd--- No The captains chairs were only renewed so that is why the graphic is still there. this place couldn't do the graphics in anything they replaced. What they did replace was the three Bow sections, not the seat bases, The rear three pieces again not the seat base, those must have been recently redone by PO.

Ah, makes sense. When I redid mine I had all the skins redone. I wanted it to be as original as possible so I made a PDF of the graphic and logo and had a local sports shop that specialized in computerized embroidery stitch them onto all the appropriate pieces. Cost a bit extra and, of course, wasn't truly original, but it looked good. Here are two pics showing the seats and the side panels.

lakeoz tristar
03-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Ah, makes sense. When I redid mine I had all the skins redone. I wanted it to be as original as possible so I made a PDF of the graphic and logo and had a local sports shop that specialized in computerized embroidery stitch them onto all the appropriate pieces. Cost a bit extra and, of course, wasn't truly original, but it looked good. Here are two pics showing the seats and the side panels.

That looks amazing.. I am pretty happy with the results and the $$$ I spent on it, at least I won't be embarrassed to take it out this summer at least everything was masked off. I had alot of reasons for going with www.fibrenew.com I looked at one of your older posts and saw that you had used them also. Bang for the buck I think it was a great deal and to not overspend on this boat it just made total sense going this route.

I still got some panels to fasten down but I want to make sure it's water tight before I secure the back section, I got my new decals from BAWS, I ordered some from EBAY but as they say you get what you pay for. When I put the two up against each other the one's from ebay did not have the registration mark.. I did order the two tone color and the ebay was the same size as the top layer.. Can't wait to get them put on.

I did get the bilge thru hull connected as well and radio put in correctly now the water cover actually closes so I can also put in the dash panels.

One thing I regret is the doghouse carpet will not be replaced as I do not have enough carpet, so hopefully I can clean it up to match pretty good.
Sorry so long winded and if you get through all this do you have any pictures of the rear seating? Would love to see how yours came out..

lakeoz tristar
03-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Oh Yeah I am getting new dash panels..Thanks Gweaver...And I am going to try to get the rust off from around the motor box area..Any suggestions? Do you think CLR might clean that up some? And should I seal it with some silicone spray or something once its clean?

wheelerd
03-05-2013, 12:55 AM
Sorry so long winded and if you get through all this do you have any pictures of the rear seating? Would love to see how yours came out..

Here are my rear seats and engine box. I barely had enough carpet to redo it.

lakeoz tristar
03-19-2013, 11:05 PM
Wish I had a better picture (driver side rear corner red showing through right at the edge) but I had a pretty bad spot from the previous owner so I thought what the heck I can fix that or at least try to fix it.. My real problem is that I think there was repairs made at some point to this boat either with get coat, paint or just fading because there are color variations all over, Might just be the age of the boat and patterns of fading from the sun, not really sure..Some areas are a real dull grey and others are white in contrast... Regardless I was trying to patch this are.. I sanded down the rough edges and a bit further out into the gel coat and filled with evercoat formula 27 that made it looked better than it was.. After sanding that all down I started the next step applying Evercoat Polyester Gel Paste #100695.. The first batch never set it was either too cold or not enough hardener.. Second batch set up fine, The problem with this batch was that the PVA release agent when I sprayed it on it was in too powerful spray bottle so it basically cut right through the gel coat and made a mess. Cleaned all that out before it set.. Now round three, didn't have access to another spray bottle so I covered this set up with cling wrap.. Set up fine only problem was that it looked horrible once dried looked like a brain or worm trails all through it.. That coat set up so basically I had to sand that all off so I am at square one.. I read all the posts I could find on here.. If any one has any suggestions at my next attempt I am glad to hear them..

My next thought was to get the preval spray and thin this down and try to spray it on this time and use another preval sprayer to apply the PVA release agent..Any thoughts if this is the right route to go? Also I wanted to work on some other dinged up areas once I can get this fixed up, spider cracks on the swim deck, also want to get practice as there is a spot on my other boat I need to repair..

drschemel
03-19-2013, 11:28 PM
Looking good! You're a little ahead of me right now but I plan to get finished soon.

lakeoz tristar
03-30-2013, 11:17 PM
Before and after of the dash panels, new switches and circuit boots
and my first attempt at some gel coat repair..Could not get a great color match but I figure that it is better then letting water get at the fiber glass.. Might try again after I order some other colors to match it better.
Pictures 1 & 2 dash before
pictures 3 & 4 after dash panels
pictures 5 & 6 gel coat before and after but before final sand, compounding and waxing.

f925
03-31-2013, 08:35 AM
Your gel coat patch looks great! It is a bit inspiring to go through this thread and look at the overall transformation. Your tristar looks almost new. Its funny how a small project becomes refurbing the entire vessel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orbeamlb
03-31-2013, 08:56 AM
Nice work!

lakeoz tristar
03-31-2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks the gel coat was something that I wasn't so sure I could do by myself as I never done anything like this before. But I figured if I can make it water tight and better than it was I would be happy. And if nothing else I could take it to a shop and have them fix my mistakes. Luckily I like the way it turned out, not really happy with the color match but I will work on that later.
yes it has turned into more than I planned on but its kept me occupied this winter for sure.

Thanks again for the words of encouragement.

MikeyOrange88
04-01-2013, 01:00 PM
lakeoz:
I used some patch paste from Spectrum Fiberglass on my '88 Tristar that matched very well.
http://www.spectrumcolor.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=F553902K&type=4&eq=&desc=F553902K&key=it
They have colors matched to manuf. and gel color.

It also appears from the photo that you may need to 'whiten' the existing fiberglass area around the patch as it appears yellowed in the picture (might just be the computer image). I've read on TT where some have used a 'Snobol' type product to remove tea colored water stains from the fiberglass. The bottom of my hull was done that way and it made a huge difference in the color.

Patching the gel was new to me as well, but I suggest using parchment paper or wax paper over the wet gel paste. The wax paper doesn't stick to the gelcoat paste, but makes it much easier to smooth out the paste and then easier to sand down.
Lookin' good though as I've been following your entire thread.

lakeoz tristar
04-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Yeah the color is a bit faded I think it is a little yellow I was able to get a better match on the bottom of the boat where I am doing some more touch up where it rubbed the trailer a little bit. That is a lot harder area to do.. First pass when I went to remove the first coat of gel I got carrier away with the sanding and had to move the repair out some more to be able to get a good area to sand. I was wondering what would give a more smooth finish, I tried my best to get a smooth coat with a paint brush but its just not that great I also tried a scrapper for it but that just took too much off. It really wanted to stick to the scrapper.

Thanks for the advice.

homer12
04-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Very well done and thought out, sir!

wheelerd
04-02-2013, 09:56 AM
Nice to see the care and attention you're giving the old girl. And also nice to know that another TriStar is happy and healthy.

lakeoz tristar
04-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Well Not much more to report got it all put back together and put in the water..Had to fix another leak in the silent master exhaust..Might be looking for a new set of exhaust eventually or just run straight pipe all the way back, only two places to leak with that option, but this should hold for now. Got a little shine on it...Still need to do the bottom of the boat near the back end because the trailer had all those cross beams in the way. Hope I can reach that are from the lift. Overall pretty excited with the results and ready to enjoy the summer and hopefully close the tool box and start a list for next winter..

Have been keeping a eye out for tristars for sale so since the prices are at or below my break even point on this boat I will be keeping it for a few seasons to enjoy my work before I start looking for a upgrade...

Thanks everyone for viewing and suggestions during this process. Honestly never expected to do all this work but you never know what you will find once you start a project like this. But all in all it was pretty rewarding and worth the time and money spent.

Oh yeah the decals I got from BAWS were awesome..Too bad I messed them up on the install and had to resort to the pair I had from ebay...Not as good but I was not about to spend another $200 for new set just to have me mess them up again.. Should have tested with the ebay set first.. Lots of lessons learned along the way..Some more costly than others...:(

wheelerd
04-22-2013, 09:41 PM
How did you "mess up" the decal install?
(Not a condescending question - just wondering what you think you did wrong.)

lakeoz tristar
04-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Mostly tried to rush it.. Had the boat on the drive way the side that is all blocked in.>thought I could do that side outside and finish the other side up while back in the garage.. And the crazy part was its not like I was going to take it out anytime soon after that..so yeah I still have the other side but that one got buggered up pretty bad..Tried to do it slow and i figured out it wasn't something I have done with out a helper and had much better results.

Jaxon4
07-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Wish I had a better picture (driver side rear corner red showing through right at the edge) but I had a pretty bad spot from the previous owner so I thought what the heck I can fix that or at least try to fix it.. My real problem is that I think there was repairs made at some point to this boat either with get coat, paint or just fading because there are color variations all over, Might just be the age of the boat and patterns of fading from the sun, not really sure..Some areas are a real dull grey and others are white in contrast... Regardless I was trying to patch this are.. I sanded down the rough edges and a bit further out into the gel coat and filled with evercoat formula 27 that made it looked better than it was.. After sanding that all down I started the next step applying Evercoat Polyester Gel Paste #100695.. The first batch never set it was either too cold or not enough hardener.. Second batch set up fine, The problem with this batch was that the PVA release agent when I sprayed it on it was in too powerful spray bottle so it basically cut right through the gel coat and made a mess. Cleaned all that out before it set.. Now round three, didn't have access to another spray bottle so I covered this set up with cling wrap.. Set up fine only problem was that it looked horrible once dried looked like a brain or worm trails all through it.. That coat set up so basically I had to sand that all off so I am at square one.. I read all the posts I could find on here.. If any one has any suggestions at my next attempt I am glad to hear them..

My next thought was to get the preval spray and thin this down and try to spray it on this time and use another preval sprayer to apply the PVA release agent..Any thoughts if this is the right route to go? Also I wanted to work on some other dinged up areas once I can get this fixed up, spider cracks on the swim deck, also want to get practice as there is a spot on my other boat I need to repair..

Where did you get the chrome air exhaust vents...like the look....btw boat looks great!
I own a Tristar as well..1989...love it!! Great boat!!