PDA

View Full Version : Another '03 X30 sent to Viper Customs

BigBarney
01-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Pulled Big Barney from the lake up to Maryville Saturday. Jim took the time to meet me at the shop and go over stuff. Will be updating the skins to the new Mastercraft silver carbon fiber look. Adding some charcoal grey accents around the main seating areas.

Probably going for new carpet also. Felt too good on my fingertips not to pull the trigger. I was like a kid in a candy store.

We've decided to keep the boat a few more years, so it was time to shine her up. I've put too much time and effort in that money pit.......

nickespi
01-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Awesome! I wish MC was tracking these threads and saw how bad their upholstery choices were in those years.

BigBarney
01-21-2013, 02:16 PM
When he compared the skins that I had to the new material, it was EYE OPENING. Not just the texture, but mainly the thickness. I was handling the winter layoff pretty good. but now I can't wait till I can get back on the water.

nickespi
01-21-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm gonna have to take a look at yours when I get up there next weekend.

jasonba1
01-21-2013, 07:20 PM
awesome he does great work

ccelia
01-22-2013, 08:20 AM
I can't wait to see all these X30's completed. It looks like Jim does phenomenal work. Nothing better than making your boat look and feel new again!

BigBarney
01-22-2013, 08:43 AM
I wish that I had taken a before and after shot. My original interior was the same as the others though. A light grey vinyl with the dark grey accent. Light grey carpet.

I believe Jim could do about anything that you wanted in terms of customization. I looked at a few of his projects and they were spot on BEAUTIFUL!

jasonba1
01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
this a before picture on his facebook page

jasonba1
01-22-2013, 03:11 PM
sorry meant there is a before pic on viper's facebook page

51timber
01-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Hey was one of the X30's carbon fiber pearl with yellow acents and blue piping???

That would be mine. I cant wait to see it!!!!

BigBarney
01-23-2013, 09:47 AM
51timber,

He showed me some of your skins that were worked up. They were looking sweet. That carbon fiber feels great and the accent material is very smooth.

I made my choice after looking at yours (and a golf cart that he had worked up). I went with the carbon fiber silver / iris piping / and charcoal accent.

BigBarney
01-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Yep, 11 of the 12 pics on Viper's fb page are my boat. The black one isn't (lol). Missing her already..........

BigBarney
01-23-2013, 09:57 AM
For anyone on the see-saw of whether to do a skin / carpet / etc restoration this year and may be thinking about Viper Customs:

I am in no way trying to steer you towards them - big choice to make and only YOU need to make it, but

Jim did tell me that at the rate he is getting boats in to work on, it won't be long before he could not guarantee that a restoration job (skins/carpet) would be 8 weeks or so backed up.

That is not to say he couldn't complete it before summer, just that if you take your boat to him in April, don't expect it back by May.

51timber
02-03-2013, 04:27 AM
Ok so here are my new X30 skins from Jim at viper!

He's sending them back this week.

nickespi
02-03-2013, 08:17 AM
BigBarney, thanks for letting me lounge around in your boat and go over the details of my boat with Jim lol. Mine was outside the shop and covered in snow from the 200 mile trip to Jim's shop. It looked terrible! Jim said he was going to take a pic of the boat and put it on facebook haha. Dont worry, I took my shoes off first. Your stereo setup sure is nice. Definitely makes me want to get all my stuff cleaned up. Can't wait to see yours completed. We will be twinsies. The only difference is we are doing pearl where you are doing silver.

BigBarney
02-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Cool!

Spent all last winter re-wiring stereo and stuff. I am no audio expert. And it still doesn't sound as good as the new stuff. But it'll do for me. I just like knowing where all the wires are.

Glad all these X30's are coming in at once. Jim and Carl will be well versed in the skins by the end of this.

I think that I would have been happy with either pearl or silver as the base. Just wanted to try something different.

nickespi
02-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Silver definitely makes it easier to tie the whole interior together. Since we are doing the pearl, we will have to figure out what to do with the driver console. Any ideas?

BigBarney
02-04-2013, 12:39 PM
I'll be perfectly honest. I have no sense of style - period. My wife sent me up to Jim with very detailed color coding instructions. He determined the rest after I told him, what she told me, to tell him!!!! I'm sure it'll look good no matter which way you go.

02ProstarSammyD
02-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Silver definitely makes it easier to tie the whole interior together. Since we are doing the pearl, we will have to figure out what to do with the driver console. Any ideas?

have any pics? I had my console dyed black from the original grey and did silver carbon fiber on all the gauge surrounds. It has held up for 2 seasons even though I know they just used the sem spray haha. Mine had some tears/scratches they patched and had to be colored to cover that. Figured that was better than the 500 bucks for the side panel+console costs.

I did my dash etc after we chose the carbon fiber fabric. Hopefully it all ties together well. If not I'll change it out I guess.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=500&pictureid=4864

Dylan
02-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Wow those skins look unreal. Thanks for sharing!

nickespi
02-04-2013, 02:15 PM
I was thinking about doing a vinyl spray. I'm having the boat wrapped soon and also considered seeing if the wrapper could also wrap the side console and center console area. I guess I'll just have to figure it all out once the new interior is in. I'll have a better idea then.

BigBarney
02-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Yep. Best to not get in a hurry with all this stuff. Will just hate it down the road.

nickespi
02-04-2013, 08:18 PM
have any pics? I had my console dyed black from the original grey and did silver carbon fiber on all the gauge surrounds. It has held up for 2 seasons even though I know they just used the sem spray haha. Mine had some tears/scratches they patched and had to be colored to cover that. Figured that was better than the 500 bucks for the side panel+console costs.

I did my dash etc after we chose the carbon fiber fabric. Hopefully it all ties together well. If not I'll change it out I guess.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=500&pictureid=4864

Do you have another pic of the whole dash area? I'd really like to see how it all looks.

51timber
02-13-2013, 10:17 PM
Hey 02prostarsammyd,

where and what did you use for your dash??? it looks great???

76S&S
02-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Spoke with Jim at Viper earlier today. Assuming the boss approves I'll be taking my 02 x-star up next week.