PDA

View Full Version : TeamBeachBody.com Coach

Pages : [1] 2

03 35th Anniversary
01-20-2013, 08:46 PM
For any of you that need a fitness program.

One of our TT Members (FooterGirl or Leg HumpEE)depends on what site you know her from) here has become a coach at www.teambeachbody.com

She is trying to make this a fulltime gig and could use some followers.

Here is her link if you are interested in getting in shape before this summer. :) www.beachbodycoach.com/mycoachlala

03 35th Anniversary
01-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Pictures seem to help with promotions.

So here is a picture of a body at a beach...

medicmoose
01-21-2013, 08:24 AM
^ Sir Mix-a-Lot would praise you for this!

shepherd
01-21-2013, 09:39 PM
........................:cool:

neil.anderson63
01-24-2013, 02:19 PM
pa donk a donk!

cbryan70
01-24-2013, 03:39 PM
where are her before and after pictures?

03 35th Anniversary
01-24-2013, 04:07 PM
In her coach link. But I think you have to be a member (it's free) to see them.

03 35th Anniversary
01-24-2013, 09:41 PM
^ Sir Mix-a-Lot would praise you for this!

Yes he would!!!

Footer Girl
02-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Hey guys!! I had to reset my password since I apparently haven't logged on here since 2009! Where did that time go?????

So like Johnny said I started doing the whole fitness thing, so if you are thinking about needing to get ready for summer I would be more than happy to help you get there! Don't be afraid to sign up for the free membership at http://www.beachbodycoach.com/mycoachlala

It is completely free to sign up! Just look for the Orange part that says join! There are so many options out there and now is the PERFECT time to get moving! If you have ever sat there and watched the infomercials for P90X, Insanity, TurboFire etc. and thought maybe I should try that......then you should! I did and never looked back!! Sign up and ask me how I did it! Hope to hear from y'all soon!

tex
02-01-2013, 08:34 PM
16 days into P90X and am digging it!

Nick911
02-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Did P90X and am doing Insanity now to be ready for beach. Great programs!

Footer Girl
02-08-2013, 04:11 PM
I started P90X this week! So much slower than Insanity but man am I sore!!!! Johnny just started Insanity and has been cussing me all week! :D Help me out and remind him that is worth finishing!!

If y'all know anyone who wants to start any of the programs send them my way. If they order off of the infomercial they are automatically assigned to a coach who may or may not give a crap that they are there. I take it very seriously and am here to answer any questions or help out in any way that I can!!

03 35th Anniversary
02-08-2013, 04:39 PM
I'm gonna die......

JohnE
02-08-2013, 05:13 PM
What exactly does a coach do? I've done P90X (and since fallen way out of shape due to a number of factors). Not to use an excuse but I am literally spending all my free time building a house. In 8 weeks give or take when I am ready to dedicate myself, what would you suggest?

Johnny how far are you in? Interest usually wanes in about 6 weeks.

03 35th Anniversary
02-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Day 5

cbryan70
02-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Im starting insanity on Monday. It isnt going to be pretty. Out of shape and a desk job...should make for an entertaining time doing it. "just push play everyday" is all anyone tells me about the program

cbryan70
02-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Day 5

you using 2.5 pound dumbells for p90? 8p

03 35th Anniversary
02-08-2013, 08:50 PM
you using 2.5 pound dumbells for p90? 8p

I'm on insanity stooch-bag! 8p

I wouldn't use a 2.5lbs dumbell I'd just keep playing with my 2.5lbs ding-ding 8p

Rockman
02-08-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm on insanity stooch-bag! 8p

I wouldn't use a 2.5lbs dumbell I'd just keep playing with my 2.5lbs ding-ding 8p

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

dvsone79
02-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Re: P90X, what are we supposed to do when the 90 days are over? Tony Horton never thought that far in advance...

Edit: I may not agree with P90X, but I understand that it works well for some and it's certainly better than doing nothing!

mzimme
02-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Re: P90X, what are we supposed to do when the 90 days are over? Tony Horton never thought that far in advance...

Oh yes he did... you do a second circuit. There's more hardcore circuits outlined in the little booklet thing.

Eljaybee
02-09-2013, 08:54 AM
I'm on day 6 of my 4th round. I took 18 months off from the last round. In a word ... Ouch! Good luck to my fellow P90X participants. Keep pushing play!

Footer Girl
02-09-2013, 10:48 AM
What exactly does a coach do? I've done P90X (and since fallen way out of shape due to a number of factors). Not to use an excuse but I am literally spending all my free time building a house. In 8 weeks give or take when I am ready to dedicate myself, what would you suggest?

Johnny how far are you in? Interest usually wanes in about 6 weeks.

As a Beachbody coach I generally try and get people motivated to get off of the couch and do something usually one of the programs obviously. But more than that I am here to keep my customers accountable and make sure that after the first 6 weeks they keep going! A lot of the time especially if you are just doing it by yourself it is esy to say oh I'll just skip a few days which then turns into forgetting about it all together.

I would suggest joining a challenge group. This is where 4-6 people all commit to doing the same program at the same timeand check in with the group daily to keep themsleves and each other accountable. This really helps when you need that extra push to keep going. That is how I started! I am a true believer in Insanity! It is fast paced, and you learn to love to hate it! I earned my t-shirt and wear it like it's a gold medal!

I would love to put an accountability group together for anyone that is interested. Let me know when you are ready!

Footer Girl
02-09-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm on day 6 of my 4th round. I took 18 months off from the last round. In a word ... Ouch! Good luck to my fellow P90X participants. Keep pushing play!

I am on day 6 myself! It is a lot slower paced than Insanity so it's a lot different for me but I can definitely feel it! OUCH is right!!

Footer Girl
02-09-2013, 10:52 AM
I'm gonna die......

You're not going to die!!! Suck it up!!!! I wish you were closer so I could go all Jillian Michaels on you!!! :cool:

03 35th Anniversary
02-09-2013, 10:59 AM
You're not going to die!!! Suck it up!!!! I wish you were closer so I could go all Jillian Michaels on you!!! :cool:

Why do women like yelling at me???

atlfootr
02-09-2013, 11:10 AM
where are her before and after pictures?..................

Footer Girl
02-09-2013, 11:43 AM

If I post my before and afters I am going to expect some people to sign up!!!

JohnE
02-10-2013, 10:03 AM
I liked P90X the first time I went through it. Now I find it extremely boring. (And granted I'm not in good enough shape to really hit it like I did the first time.)

Laura, post the before and afters. I can't commit to anything until I am done with my house which will be in about 8 weeks.

93Prostar190
02-10-2013, 10:52 AM
I say put a challenge group together to help prepare for the ski season, my buddy and I are currently doing a p90 hybrid with Insanity.

I think pull ups are one of the few exercises that help get the back ready for the pull of the rope.

Eljaybee
02-10-2013, 01:58 PM
I am in if you find others to join us.

Footer Girl
02-11-2013, 12:36 PM
I liked P90X the first time I went through it. Now I find it extremely boring. (And granted I'm not in good enough shape to really hit it like I did the first time.)

Laura, post the before and afters. I can't commit to anything until I am done with my house which will be in about 8 weeks.

Ok Ok here are the before and afters! No judging though....I did have a baby! 8p This is from Insanity and drinking Shakeology once a day! If you haven't heard of it or tried it, you need to. It's a game changer on so many different levels. In 63 days I lost 15 pounds and 10 3/4 inches all together (arms, chest, waist, hips and thighs). It really does work! I have a challenge starting on the 25th of this month for anyone that is interested in joining and then I will start another one in March!!

If anyone wants me to put together a hybrid group we can do that too!

Footer Girl
02-11-2013, 12:40 PM

Switch over to Insanity and trust me you won't be bored! So we will shoot for an April group for you! Sound good?

cbryan70
02-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Ok Ok here are the before and afters! No judging though....I did have a baby! 8p This is from Insanity and drinking Shakeology once a day! If you haven't heard of it or tried it, you need to. It's a game changer on so many different levels. In 63 days I lost 15 pounds and 10 3/4 inches all together (arms, chest, waist, hips and thighs). It really does work! I have a challenge starting on the 25th of this month for anyone that is interested in joining and then I will start another one in March!!

Look great. I hope I get results like that. Day one of insanity this evening.

jeff shelton
02-11-2013, 01:31 PM

I will go ahead a say good job even though you called me fat on other thread. Who knows maybe I will decide to do something.

Footer Girl
02-11-2013, 01:41 PM
I will go ahead a say good job even though you called me fat on other thread. Who knows maybe I will decide to do something.

Awww thanks! And I didn't call you fat I was just making a suggestion! ;) (And Johnny totally put me up to it!!)

You should do something! Gus is thinking about it and Johnny already started so y'all could do it together! It helps when someone is going through it with you!! I'd be happy to help!!

jeff shelton
02-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Awww thanks! And I didn't call you fat I was just making a suggestion! ;) (And Johnny totally put me up to it!!)

You should do something! Gus is thinking about it and Johnny already started so y'all could do it together! It helps when someone is going through it with you!! I'd be happy to help!!

Yea, I'm sure Johnny (03 35th) is behind it. I would rather be fat than workout to Richard Simmons videos like him.

turbofresh
02-11-2013, 02:24 PM
what kind of equipment does the px90 and/or insanity require?

Footer Girl
02-11-2013, 02:35 PM
what kind of equipment does the px90 and/or insanity require?

Insanity does not require any equipment. It is all done with your own body weight.

P90X requires a pull up bar, and a set of dumbbells or a resistance band.

TayMC197
02-11-2013, 02:53 PM
How do I get started?

TayMC197
02-11-2013, 02:54 PM

If Johnny can do it, I can do it better.

I just do the workouts at home by myself?

Footer Girl
02-11-2013, 02:59 PM
How do I get started?

Start by going to http://beachbodycoach.com/mycoachlala

Look for the Orange section that says join and sign up for the free membership!

I am going to start a thread to see who else wants to join. We will do Insanity and all start on Monday February 25th that way everyone has time to get the program.

Once you have signed up for the free membership I will send you an email with more information!!!

Footer Girl
02-11-2013, 03:00 PM
If Johnny can do it, I can do it better.

I just do the workouts at home by myself?

Yes you do the workouts at home on your own time. The group does the same work outs on the same days and then you will be asked to check in with the group to hold yourself and the others accountable!

TayMC197
02-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Yes you do the workouts at home on your own time. The group does the same work outs on the same days and then you will be asked to check in with the group to hold yourself and the others accountable!

So I'll be able to do these workouts then bake a pan of chocolate ship cookies and eat them all and still have great results?

TayMC197
02-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Okay, I have signed up.

03 35th Anniversary
02-11-2013, 03:19 PM
So I'll be able to do these workouts then bake a pan of chocolate ship cookies and eat them all and still have great results?

Seems to work for me!!!

turbofresh
02-11-2013, 03:27 PM
i also have signed up

TayMC197
02-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Seems to work for me!!!

That's why I asked.

Footer Girl
02-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Awesome! Look for an email from me later today! I am going to start a new thread to see if we can get a few more people interested in joining!

And as far as the cookies go......don't listen to him! He is a bad influence and almost tossed his cookies on the first day! You have to decide how far you want to take it. It is only 63 days. I gave up cookies to get my results.

03 35th Anniversary
02-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Awesome! Look for an email from me later today! I am going to start a new thread to see if we can get a few more people interested in joining!

And as far as the cookies go......don't listen to him! He is a bad influence and almost tossed his cookies on the first day! You have to decide how far you want to take it. It is only 63 days. I gave up cookies to get my results.

That's why I ate the cookies after the workout!!!

Kyle
02-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Ok, I may be in for the Feb contest....

Here is the deal. My ex has my insanity program and all of the shakeology stuff. I will need to purchase the program again and the shakeology.

I have a friend that is a dealer or coach. He is 50 something and shredded. My major problem is the diet with the amount of food you are allowed to eat. I am 5'10" and weigh 185-190. I am very active and can sit down at an all you can eat place and seriously take down 4 or more plates of food. Now I have been asked to leave an all you can eat place before as well for eating too much. I am not on the biggest looser mark yet and no I do not have a fridge in my living room, but I want to get in on this with real help. In the past I have done the whole gym thing and got real big with "supplements" that would not be allowed in sports. I am really not a fatass but I need to get healthy. I am 32 yrs old and smoke (14 yrs) and dip snuff (20 yrs) on a regular basis. I would like to get rid of the smoking but you cant take away my Cope. Now that you know a little about me here is where I need the most help.

When I was on this program before and following the instructions to the "T", I had real problems. Yes the program works but I was feeling starved. I made it 4 weeks and doing everthing I was supposed to do. I cut out beer accept on the weekend and noticed good changes. (I also removed cigarettes completely during this time) The starvation diet with a very active person like myself who is used to eating a lot did not work well. Before when I took "Supplements" and ate 7-9k calories per day and I had some kind of a short temper or lets say shorter than my normal temper. The diet with insanity made me want to go postal. I never felt full or satisfied during a meal and was a MAD SOB all of the time because I was hungry. The supplement anger was like a normal person compared to the starvation of insanity that made me seriously want to beat down Shaun T through the screen.

I will be in for the contest if someone can help me with diet. I can eat whatever whenever and not gain or loose weight. I have been this size for years now (I graduated HS in '99 and was wearing 32" waist pants and now 13 years later I'm in a 33" waist) and am used to a 4-5k calorie diet per day.

I know that I need to clean up my diet, but I can not survive on 1,800 calories per day. My stomach starts eating my spine and I get very upset at the world. Please Help Me

Footer Girl
02-11-2013, 04:02 PM

Here is the deal. My ex has my insanity program and all of the shakeology stuff. I will need to purchase the program again and the shakeology.

I have a friend that is a dealer or coach. He is 50 something and shredded. My major problem is the diet with the amount of food you are allowed to eat. I am 5'10" and weigh 185-190. I am very active and can sit down at an all you can eat place and seriously take down 4 or more plates of food. Now I have been asked to leave an all you can eat place before as well for eating too much. I am not on the biggest looser mark yet and no I do not have a fridge in my living room, but I want to get in on this with real help. In the past I have done the whole gym thing and got real big with "supplements" that would not be allowed in sports. I am really not a fatass but I need to get healthy. I am 32 yrs old and smoke (14 yrs) and dip snuff (20 yrs) on a regular basis. I would like to get rid of the smoking but you cant take away my Cope. Now that you know a little about me here is where I need the most help.

When I was on this program before and following the instructions to the "T", I had real problems. Yes the program works but I was feeling starved. I made it 4 weeks and doing everthing I was supposed to do. I cut out beer accept on the weekend and noticed good changes. (I also removed cigarettes completely during this time) The starvation diet with a very active person like myself who is used to eating a lot did not work well. Before when I took "Supplements" and ate 7-9k calories per day and I had some kind of a short temper or lets say shorter than my normal temper. The diet with insanity made me want to go postal. I never felt full or satisfied during a meal and was a MAD SOB all of the time because I was hungry. The supplement anger was like a normal person compared to the starvation of insanity that made me seriously want to beat down Shaun T through the screen.

I will be in for the contest if someone can help me with diet. I can eat whatever whenever and not gain or loose weight. I have been this size for years now (I graduated HS in '99 and was wearing 32" waist pants and now 13 years later I'm in a 33" waist) and am used to a 4-5k calorie diet per day.

I know that I need to clean up my diet, but I can not survive on 1,800 calories per day. My stomach starts eating my spine and I get very upset at the world. Please Help Me

PLEASE join this group!!! Insanity is NOT a work out program that you can starve yourself on! You have to eat enough calories to keep your body fueled for what you are putting it through! Shoot me an email at mycoachlala@yahoo.com and lets talk about it some more! I would love to help you figure out the diet part and doing it with a few people that already share a common interest with you will make it so much easier to get through!

TayMC197
02-11-2013, 04:29 PM

I ordered the dvd's, just come work out with me. Its not like your aren't down the street. I go workout at Johnny's when he isn't home but thats another story.

SkiDog
02-11-2013, 05:17 PM

You look GREAT! Now for the important stuff...............You quit drinking beer?:D

Footer Girl
02-11-2013, 05:24 PM
I ordered the dvd's, just come work out with me. Its not like your aren't down the street. I go workout at Johnny's when he isn't home but thats another story.

HA! That's funny!

I just saw your order! Did you get my email? I am going to send you another one with info for the Shakeology! Let me know if you have any questions!

Footer Girl
02-11-2013, 05:25 PM
You look GREAT! Now for the important stuff...............You quit drinking beer?:D

I still have an occasional beer, I am more of a Jack girl these days!!!

You wanna get in on some this Dog? PRAM is talking about doing it next month!

SkiDog
02-11-2013, 05:40 PM
I still have an occasional beer, I am more of a Jack girl these days!!!

You wanna get in on some this Dog? PRAM is talking about doing it next month!

I don't know. let me think about it. I'll get back to ya on it!

TayMC197
02-11-2013, 05:50 PM
HA! That's funny!

I just saw your order! Did you get my email? I am going to send you another one with info for the Shakeology! Let me know if you have any questions!

No email yet, I don't want the shakes. I'm pretty strict on my diet already.

Footer Girl
02-11-2013, 06:40 PM
No email yet, I don't want the shakes. I'm pretty strict on my diet already.

Ok just wanted to make sure you got it!

JohnE
02-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Is Insanity 6 days per week and roughly an hour each workout? Again I can't do it now but you have my interest piqued for April.

Footer Girl
02-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Is Insanity 6 days per week and roughly an hour each workout? Again I can't do it now but you have my interest piqued for April.

Yes it is Monday-Saturday and the only day that it is more than an hour is when the ab work out is added in here and there. You will really want to do it once you see the results these guys are gonna be showing off pretty soon!

JohnE
02-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Yes it is Monday-Saturday and the only day that it is more than an hour is when the ab work out is added in here and there. You will really want to do it once you see the results these guys are gonna be showing off pretty soon!

I really want to do it already. But I'm working my normal job and spending every free moment working on my new house. What's the dvd set cost?

Chief
02-11-2013, 07:44 PM
I don't know. let me think about it. I'll get back to ya on it!

That means no.

Footer Girl
02-12-2013, 11:59 AM
I really want to do it already. But I'm working my normal job and spending every free moment working on my new house. What's the dvd set cost?

You need to be ready to commit to it so you just let me know when you are ready. You can look at the site and see all of the different programs and the different costs here http://www.beachbodycoach.com/mycoachlala just look for the shop section. I would encourage you to do the Insanity challenge pack. It is the Insanity workout, plus a months supply of shakeology both at a disounted price plus you get free shipping. It saves you over $50.

cbryan70
02-12-2013, 01:40 PM
day one fit test complete. Im out of shape and sore today. Looking forward to day to tonight.

03 35th Anniversary
02-12-2013, 04:45 PM
day one fit test complete. Im out of shape and sore today. Looking forward to day to tonight.

The first week is the worst!!!

Kyle
02-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Ok so when is the starting day for Feb or is everyone starting on different days?

Taylor talked me into the program so we will be competing for the most results.

Do I have to post up my before pictures of my jelly roll a$$ now or after?

I get how this works and how it is supposed to be a big support group to keep everyone going to reach day 60 and I am ok with that. If so lets start posting up the jelly roll pics and start holding peoples feet to the fire. No one here has as many excuses as I do, so lets get it rollin. I will be getting rid of cold beer during the week and loosing the Cigs, so the amount of stress will be extremely high for me. Like just taking my cigs away will make me want to go a little crazy.

Maybe we should start a side bet on who can have the most results. Say a $20 buy in across the board. Winner take all

Footer Girl
02-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Ok so when is the starting day for Feb or is everyone starting on different days?

Taylor talked me into the program so we will be competing for the most results.

Do I have to post up my before pictures of my jelly roll a$$ now or after?

I get how this works and how it is supposed to be a big support group to keep everyone going to reach day 60 and I am ok with that. If so lets start posting up the jelly roll pics and start holding peoples feet to the fire. No one here has as many excuses as I do, so lets get it rollin. I will be getting rid of cold beer during the week and loosing the Cigs, so the amount of stress will be extremely high for me. Like just taking my cigs away will make me want to go a little crazy.

Maybe we should start a side bet on who can have the most results. Say a $20 buy in across the board. Winner take all

The official start date is the 25th so that everyone can get it ordered and delivered before then. Y'all tell me how you want to do it. If you don't want to throw your pics up on here you can just send them to me with your measurements and I will keep track of everything for you. If you want to throw some money into it I think that just adds more motivation!

Normally I create a private group on facebook so it is just the people in the group, but I have no probelm with doing it here. There are a few people that have already started on their own so they will be a few weeks ahead but if they want to get in on the competition too then I will just track theirs and keep the results until this group is done.

I know that Taylor is in and already ordered his. What about the rest of y'all?

Kyle
02-12-2013, 05:16 PM
I hate facebook prefer here just my pointless vote

psychobilly
02-12-2013, 05:46 PM
I hate facebook prefer here just my pointless vote

I second that motion

Stritt
02-12-2013, 06:40 PM
I have 20 pounds to shed:mad: I am game and will join in.

Kyle
02-12-2013, 06:47 PM
I just purchased the combo pack. I will be all in for 2-25

For those of you ordering the program, make sure that you put Laura down as the coach. She will get credit for your purchase. She actually helped me over the phone and was a huge help. I cant wait for our group to start.

TOO-TALL
02-12-2013, 08:00 PM
How much is the combo pack?

Kyle
02-12-2013, 09:23 PM
It's like ~120 for the disks and ~120 for shakeology

200 for combo pack.

You save $50 on pack. I can't remember exact costs but it was like $205 iirc for everything bought today.

cbryan70
02-12-2013, 11:52 PM
day 2....still outta shape. I will get in on the group just not throwing money at it. Sister is trying to convince me to do shakeoligy but the price is steep. If i decide to do it Ill buy it through you laura

03 35th Anniversary
02-13-2013, 12:05 AM
day 2....still outta shape. I will get in on the group just not throwing money at it. Sister is trying to convince me to do shakeoligy but the price is steep. If i decide to do it Ill buy it through you laura

I just started the Shakeolgy stuff about a week ago and it is pretty good!!! Listen to your sister.

Kyle
02-13-2013, 12:48 AM
I just started the Shakeolgy stuff about a week ago and it is pretty good!!! Listen to your sister.

X2

I have done the plan before. I am a believer in the shakeology.

I had insanity and the shakeology going and at day 30 ish I terminated my relationship with my ex. It was not worth fighting over ~$200 or who owned insanity so it stayed with her. I noticed real good results though in the first 30 days.

Buy the shakeology but do not take the full amount right off the bat. Take 1/2 the amount for a couple of days and then bump to 3/4 a day or two and then get on the full amount. It has all of the cleanest protein so your body will not process it fully at the beginning because it is used to Chit Food. 2 things will happen if you just start out taking it by full dosages. A) you will not process it and it will run right through you and you will waste it B) you will find that your farts will be so so bad that you could choke a mule forcing you to become even closer friends with your thrown. (It will RUN right through you) so take at moderation in the beginning. After day 2~3 when you add a little more than 1/2 amount you will know real fast if you can go to the full amount. When you go from Chit food to clean food like what is in the meal planner, your body will clean itself out. Trust me. You become very regular. This is coming from a guy that sees it and eats it and I admit my diet has been horrible over the winter. I love junk food.

Shakeology works buy it.....

Footer Girl
02-13-2013, 09:02 AM
X2

I had insanity and the shakeology going and at day 30 ish I terminated my relationship with my ex. It was not worth fighting over ~$200 or who owned insanity so it stayed with her. I noticed real good results though in the first 30 days.

Buy the shakeology but do not take the full amount right off the bat. Take 1/2 the amount for a couple of days and then bump to 3/4 a day or two and then get on the full amount. It has all of the cleanest protein so your body will not process it fully at the beginning because it is used to Chit Food. 2 things will happen if you just start out taking it by full dosages. A) you will not process it and it will run right through you and you will waste it B) you will find that your farts will be so so bad that you could choke a mule forcing you to become even closer friends with your thrown. (It will RUN right through you) so take at moderation in the beginning. After day 2~3 when you add a little more than 1/2 amount you will know real fast if you can go to the full amount. When you go from Chit food to clean food like what is in the meal planner, your body will clean itself out. Trust me. You become very regular. This is coming from a guy that sees it and eats it and I admit my diet has been horrible over the winter. I love junk food.

OMG this just made me laugh!!! That is actually a really good honest explanation! I am going to put you in for the next infomercial!! ;)

Footer Girl
02-13-2013, 09:09 AM

Look at it this way. It is $120 a month and it is a meal replacement. If you eat out at all during the day you are spending at least $8-10 on something that probably isn't very good for you. This breaks down to $4 a day. It can actually save you money if you commit to it.

Secondly, I don't know about you guys, but I don't eat very healthy. I don't like veggies and I never have. I try for my families sake but it isn't fun for me. I know that my body doesn't get what it needs because of this either. So you take every nutrient that you body is suppose to be getting through your diet and add it all into a shake that actually tastes good and it is a win win for me.

Footer Girl
02-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Here is a tip when buying just the Shakeology. It will give you the option of a one time order or Home Direct where it will ship to you automatically every month.

Always order the Home Direct. It gives you free shipping and saves you about $15. You can cancel the Home Direct at any time to stop the monthly shipments.

jeff shelton
02-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Look at it this way. It is $120 a month and it is a meal replacement. If you eat out at all during the day you are spending at least $8-10 on something that probably isn't very good for you. This breaks down to $4 a day. It can actually save you money if you commit to it.

Secondly, I don't know about you guys, but I don't eat very healthy. I don't like veggies and I never have. I try for my families sake but it isn't fun for me. I know that my body doesn't get what it needs because of this either. So you take every nutrient that you body is suppose to be getting through your diet and add it all into a shake that actually tastes good and it is a win win for me.

Laura, how many Hooter's did you visit before the first pic was taken? 8p This is a inside joke. So, before eveybody gets all defensive for her. You should know that we have know each other for 10yrs.

I'm seriously considering but I'm finishing the project here in PA and may be going to Florida in March so that's when I would want to start. I'll call you and we can talk about.

I'm also with Kyle, NO FACEBOOK.

03 35th Anniversary
02-13-2013, 09:56 AM
X2

X2

I jumped out and with it in full swing and I will backup everything in the post above and so will all my snapchat friends that it will clean you right out!!!

Footer Girl
02-13-2013, 11:14 AM
X2

I jumped out and with it in full swing and I will backup everything in the post above and so will all my snapchat friends that it will clean you right out!!!

Officially glad that I cancelled that snapchat account before you could send THAT picture to me!

Footer Girl
02-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Laura, how many Hooter's did you visit before the first pic was taken? 8p This is a inside joke. So, before eveybody gets all defensive for her. You should know that we have know each other for 10yrs.

I'm seriously considering but I'm finishing the project here in PA and may be going to Florida in March so that's when I would want to start. I'll call you and we can talk about.

I'm also with Kyle, NO FACEBOOK.

No Facebook! That has been decided! We will track it here since everyone is always on here anyway!

And there were several trips to Hooter's thank you very much! It is still my date night of choice!! And now I am craving it! Awesome thanks for that!! Valentine's date night to Hooters here we come!! Better go get my work out in! :D BTW March works just let me know!! By then I am sure there will be others joining in after seeing the results this first group will be showing off! Miss you! Tell all the girls and your mama hi for me! I really need to call her!

TayMC197
02-13-2013, 02:32 PM
I'm strongly thinking about doing the shakes, how long do I need to do them for? Just the length of the program?

Footer Girl
02-13-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm strongly thinking about doing the shakes, how long do I need to do them for? Just the length of the program?

To be honest I was on the fence when I started too. I drank it for the duration of the workout, reached my goals and was like sweet, I did it and cancelled it. About a month later I started feeling it. I was tired all the time and just didn't feel as good so I started back up realizing that I wasn't getting any of the nutrients anymore.

I would say do it for the 2 months and then see how it works for you. You might like it and just might stick with it after! You never know!

Footer Girl
02-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Ok we have 3 guys confirmed who should have their program and be ready to start on the 25th. I think that we should shoot for at least 2 more people to join the group. If you know anyone else that you think is interested they need to get moving so that they can get their order in and get it shipped.

I think that I am going to start it back up and do it with y'all if you don't mind having a girl in the mix. I am doing the P90X right now and it just feels so slow in comparison and I need the accountability to stick with the entire program. Y'all ok with that?

tex
02-14-2013, 09:01 PM
I do the shakology in the morning and the martini shakology at night! Works for me!

03 35th Anniversary
02-15-2013, 09:54 AM
:):):):)

Kyle
02-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Ok we have 3 guys confirmed who should have their program and be ready to start on the 25th. I think that we should shoot for at least 2 more people to join the group. If you know anyone else that you think is interested they need to get moving so that they can get their order in and get it shipped.

I think that I am going to start it back up and do it with y'all if you don't mind having a girl in the mix. I am doing the P90X right now and it just feels so slow in comparison and I need the accountability to stick with the entire program. Y'all ok with that?

Join in???? Heck YES join in

Ok who is on the list of doing insanity

I am counting more than 3 people.

94PS190
02-15-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm in. I am going to do the P90X program i bought years ago, but never got started. I will not be on the same program, but hope to contribute to the group anyway.

Footer Girl
02-18-2013, 12:41 PM
One week to go guys!!! Are you ready?!?! There is still time if anyone else wants in! Shoot me a PM if you have any questions!

Start getting rid of any junk food you got around the house....don't want to be tempted by it later! ;)

Anyone who wants to join the group with a different program (other than Insanity) let me know so I can put you on my list of who is doing what. I will be sending everyone some info this week on how to get started and tips on how to stay committed and how to keep each other accountable!

93Prostar190
02-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Ok .... I am in ...... Fan of Beachbody products ..... So a round of Insanity is what I need.

Peace.

pap
02-18-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm recovering from a leg surgery, but I may well get in next round, if you guys survive this one....

jhall0711
02-18-2013, 11:20 PM
OK I am interested. PM sent.

HRC
02-19-2013, 08:53 PM
One week to go guys!!! Are you ready?!?! There is still time if anyone else wants in! Shoot me a PM if you have any questions!

Start getting rid of any junk food you got around the house....don't want to be tempted by it later! ;)

Anyone who wants to join the group with a different program (other than Insanity) let me know so I can put you on my list of who is doing what. I will be sending everyone some info this week on how to get started and tips on how to stay committed and how to keep each other accountable!

My neighbor has agreed to let me use her dvd's. Is there any way I can get the meal plan and workouts that come with them?

tex
02-19-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm already in another group or I would join you cats! Good luck and can't wait to follow here!

Footer Girl
02-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Hey guys can you do me a quick favor please?!?!?! If you have your dvd's and are ready to start on Monday, will you please just shoot me a PM with your email address? I want to make sure that I have got everyone on the list and that I do not miss anyone when I send out some info tomorrow.

Thanks and I hope all of y'all are ready to get to it!!!

Rockman
02-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Ok, Deb and me are in...my fat a$$ can lose a few pounds :rolleyes:...pm at ya Laura...

Footer Girl
02-20-2013, 08:11 PM
Ok, Deb and me are in...my fat a$$ can lose a few pounds :rolleyes:...pm at ya Laura...

I wrote you back! Let me know if you need any help! I am excited that y'all are going to do it!!

cbryan70
02-21-2013, 09:29 AM
week 2 the 3rd day im starting to notice a big improvment in cardio. starting to get a little easier but still cant take extra breaks....not even close

TayMC197
02-21-2013, 11:06 AM
I'm mad I didn't get the insanity calendar. Darn infomercials. I know I should have waited to buy .

cbryan70
02-21-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm mad I didn't get the insanity calendar. Darn infomercials. I know I should have waited to buy .

what is the insanity calander?

Footer Girl
02-21-2013, 12:46 PM

I have the calendar and will send it to you before Monday!! :)

Footer Girl
02-21-2013, 12:47 PM
what is the insanity calander?

It is the schedule of when to do what workouts! Do you not have it? Let me know and I will send it to you. If not you can start following it with us starting Monday if you want!

cbryan70
02-21-2013, 12:50 PM
It is the schedule of when to do what workouts! Do you not have it? Let me know and I will send it to you. If not you can start following it with us starting Monday if you want!
ohhh yes I have that. I thought there was somthing else i was missing out on. How often are you suppose to re-measure with this program? All fit test or every 30 days?

Footer Girl
02-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Taylor check your email, you should have one from me.

For anyone else who does not have the calendar here it is. Day one starts with the Fit Test and that starts this Monday the 25th! If anyone wants this emailed to them so that they can print it off just let me know!!

Footer Girl
02-21-2013, 01:13 PM
ohhh yes I have that. I thought there was somthing else i was missing out on. How often are you suppose to re-measure with this program? All fit test or every 30 days?

With a group we usually weigh and mesure every other Monday to see how the results are progressing. Sometimes you need that extra push so seeing that it is working can help that! Shaun T suggests to measure at the end of week 4 right before the recovery week. Either way it is kind of up to you but definitely remeasure after the first month!

02ProstarSammyD
02-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Guys be careful with the shakology. I just started meal replacement shakes at around 1:30 and I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to pick my lungs out of the toilet. Holy crap.......literally

HRC
02-21-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm going to jump in this with y'all.
Footergirl, do I need to go to your coach page and join in?

Footer Girl
02-21-2013, 06:14 PM
HRC - You can go to my coach page and join with the free membership!

I just sent out an email to the 7 people that have confirmed with me that they are doing this. If you did not get an email from me shoot me a PM and I will get you added!

This email has a list of committments attached. Read it over and let me know if you have any questions.

The email itself is some stuff to get you ready before Monday! We are just a few days away!!

HRC
02-21-2013, 08:17 PM
I got the e-mail. Could you send me a printable workout calender please?

Footer Girl
02-22-2013, 08:53 AM
I got the e-mail. Could you send me a printable workout calender please?

Did you get the calendar I sent you?

HRC
02-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Yes, thank you.

TayMC197
02-24-2013, 10:16 PM
1 day to go ladies. I'm actually excited to start the program.

HRC
02-25-2013, 06:42 AM
Just finished day 1. My 14 yr old son joined me, proud to say I did better than him. hehe.

Footer Girl
02-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Day 1!!!! Get to it guys!! Don't forget to write down the results of your fit test. You can send them to me and I will track it for you!

I need your measurements and before and afters pictures too! No excuses.....it's time to get serious!! Good luck on day one! It is the first day of something that you will never forget or regret!!

TayMC197
02-25-2013, 12:33 PM
So whats up with the diet? do we need to change what we eat? eat more of certain things?

03 35th Anniversary
02-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Eat Fresh Foods!
Not Packaged Stuff!

I switched from Chips Ahoy Cookies to Fresh Baked Cookies and I can tell a major difference!

cbryan70
02-25-2013, 01:48 PM
Eat Fresh Foods!
Not Packaged Stuff!

I switched from Chips Ahoy Cookies to Fresh Baked Cookies and I can tell a major difference!
Haaaaa.

I would say it more frequently. I am not following his diet as I do not like half the stuff he says. I have been eating much healthier though. second fit test is tonight for me.

Footer Girl
02-25-2013, 05:13 PM
So whats up with the diet? do we need to change what we eat? eat more of certain things?

Eat Fresh Foods!
Not Packaged Stuff!

#1 Johnny you are ridiculous!!!

#2 - The workouts come with a nutrition guide that give you suggestions on what to eat.....that being said it is not easy to follow unless you are looking to make a complete change to the way you eat. Clean up your diet the best you can....cut out fast food, watch your calories, and plan ahead as much as possible! Shakeology doesn't either whenever you are ready to get off of the fence!! ;)

If you look there are a lot of options that you normally wouldn't look at. I started with lower calorie bread and tortillas, and made a bunch of chicken or turkey burgers one day and then ate them for the week. One trick is to use MyFitnessPal. There is an app and you just log in what you are eating everyday and it keeps track of the calories. You can use it while eating out too as almost everything is in there. Let me know if you want more info on it and I will out something together for eveyone. I will get together a spreadsheet too that you can fill out and see what your calorie intake should be for the workout. I will start working on that right now!!

94PS190
02-25-2013, 08:47 PM
That sucked....Very discouraging. Man, i'm in bad shape. Day one is finished. I will post up some pics...

94PS190
02-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Day 1 pics:

Kyle
02-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Fit test and day 1 is done.

I knew what I was in for and just delt with it.

Drink the shakeology and try to eat clean everybody.

Laura I'm taking my pics this week. Prolly tomorrow or Wednesday.

cbryan70
02-25-2013, 11:44 PM
That sucked....Very discouraging. Man, i'm in bad shape. Day one is finished. I will post up some pics...

It will get better. Just completed my second fit test....they still kick your *** but you do see the improvements. From the pictures your in MUCH better shape than I am.

03 35th Anniversary
02-25-2013, 11:48 PM

First few days is the worst!!!

But it does get better as long as you commit to it.

HRC
02-26-2013, 07:02 AM
Day 2 down. I think my calves are going to break later today.

TayMC197
02-26-2013, 07:32 AM
Laura, can you please email me a calender.

I did the fit test last night, was that all I was supposed to do?

cbryan70
02-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Laura, can you please email me a calender.

I did the fit test last night, was that all I was supposed to do?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.teambeachbody.com/c/message_boards/get_message_attachment%3FmessageId%3D36773703%26at tachment%3DInsanity%2Bworkout%2Bsheet.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/36771630&h=960&w=720&sz=96&tbnid=KAUfztmRYwyMVM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=68&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dinsanity%2Bcalendar%26tbm%3Disch%26tb o%3Du&zoom=1&q=insanity+calendar&usg=__5OAIlyTrjFLFWRvc5FXEH6CnMY4=&docid=Ff-7l1PKq4FXIM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=IMIsUceHKMjq2QXg4YDACA&sqi=2&ved=0CDQQ9QEwAQ&dur=102

02ProstarSammyD
02-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Hey guys not to throw anyone completely off here but just some helpful tips from someone who has done x a few times in the past.

-shakeology is great from what I've heard but no shake is built 100% custom. Set your goals whether you are doing the lean program, doubles, etc and set your diet plan accordingly. What a 120lb woman intakes should not be the same as 220lb male. I know this sounds stupid and elementary but really take a look into your diet. It will control your results.
-My best results came with a good preworkout supplement and whey/creatine post workout or recovery supplement. You guys will be burning like crazy for 2 weeks. Don't make it worse by starving yourself of calories or nutrition. Doing p90x or insanity without a proper diet will negate most of your results. Studies have actually shown that people will either lose muscle mass when dieting or gain weight during working out due to overeating to compensate or undereating thinking they need to cut too much too fast. This is a turtles race.
-Get plenty of rest and drink plenty of water.
-Don't over do it. If you start pulling muscles or pushing too hard too fast you'll be benched or burn out. Slowly bring yourself into the program, really take notes on your reps/weights/times, and try to progress slowly.

Sorry if I stepped on toes with this just trying to let others learn from my mistakes.

Footer Girl
02-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Hey guys not to throw anyone completely off here but just some helpful tips from someone who has done x a few times in the past.

-shakeology is great from what I've heard but no shake is built 100% custom. Set your goals whether you are doing the lean program, doubles, etc and set your diet plan accordingly. What a 120lb woman intakes should not be the same as 220lb male. I know this sounds stupid and elementary but really take a look into your diet. It will control your results.
-My best results came with a good preworkout supplement and whey/creatine post workout or recovery supplement. You guys will be burning like crazy for 2 weeks. Don't make it worse by starving yourself of calories or nutrition. Doing p90x or insanity without a proper diet will negate most of your results. Studies have actually shown that people will either lose muscle mass when dieting or gain weight during working out due to overeating to compensate or undereating thinking they need to cut too much too fast. This is a turtles race.
-Get plenty of rest and drink plenty of water.
-Don't over do it. If you start pulling muscles or pushing too hard too fast you'll be benched or burn out. Slowly bring yourself into the program, really take notes on your reps/weights/times, and try to progress slowly.

Sorry if I stepped on toes with this just trying to let others learn from my mistakes.

Get off my toes man......lol. JUST KIDDING! This is all really good information and that is why we do it in a group dor help and insight! I believe in the shakeology because it worked for me and continues to work. I don't like to throw anything out there that I haven't tried. That is why I tell people to try it and see how it works for them. Personally I just don't eat properly. I never have so getting all my fruits and vegetables in a chocolate shake is a no brainer for me!

I try not to throw too much out there all at once so ill be reminding everyone of different stuff througout. Like I've said before you have to eat! This is not a work out that you can starve yourself! Drink LOTS of water! I can't stress this one enough. Week one is really hard! You are going to start feeling muscles that you never have before! Take your time and go at your own pace! It will get better but you have to keep going!!!

cbryan70
02-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Just a little motivation. The wife and I took pictures after 15 days and can already see a small difference. I am guessing at 30 days it will be really noticeable. We both lost a few inches total from what I can tell. Really tough to try to remember exactly where you measured the first time.

02ProstarSammyD
02-26-2013, 10:52 AM
Get off my toes man......lol. JUST KIDDING! This is all really good information and that is why we do it in a group dor help and insight! I believe in the shakeology because it worked for me and continues to work. I don't like to throw anything out there that I haven't tried. That is why I tell people to try it and see how it works for them. Personally I just don't eat properly. I never have so getting all my fruits and vegetables in a chocolate shake is a no brainer for me!

I try not to throw too much out there all at once so ill be reminding everyone of different stuff througout. Like I've said before you have to eat! This is not a work out that you can starve yourself! Drink LOTS of water! I can't stress this one enough. Week one is really hard! You are going to start feeling muscles that you never have before! Take your time and go at your own pace! It will get better but you have to keep going!!!

haha sorry and to think I'm not even in the group! The shakeology prob fits you better than the bigger guys. The first time I did p90 I was at 215 and burned out reallllly fast. Had to regroup and look at diet hard. I have only dabbled with shakeology but have had to supplement shakes before. Nutritional intake is def the biggest step to seeing gains, losses, or whatever your goal is. I'm no specimen of the gods but I did drop from 215 to 185 on p90 in the 90 days. Only reason I'm not joining you guys is because the girl likes to get out of the house and get to the gym to escape so I'm cutting weight via machines plus my knees are too ragged for insanity right now.

ust a little motivation. The wife and I took pictures after 15 days and can already see a small difference. I am guessing at 30 days it will be really noticeable. We both lost a few inches total from what I can tell. Really tough to try to remember exactly where you measured the first time.

Bryan thats fantastic man. Glad to hear. The program really is a great one. Hoping my knee strength builds up enough before summer to do some morning insanity. I won't step on toes much more but remember to look at what to expect in the phases. Your biggest "show results" will come in the 3rd phase so try not to get disappointed when you don't see your end result instantly.

Kick some arse guys and remember nobody wants to be a ballast bunny

Footer Girl
02-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Kick some arse guys and remember nobody wants to be a ballast bunny

Ballast Bunny.......:uglyhamme So funny!

Any input is always welcome! What works for one doesn't always work for another. The groups are put together to help each other and motivate everyone to keep going. Write your measurements down everytime so that you can see the difference. It is very helpful in the motivation department as well. At first you might not see very much movement on the scale, but will see the difference in the measurements.

TayMC197
02-26-2013, 12:34 PM
I did my first night last night and I survived. I seem to of lost my lungs though. So if anyone finds them, I'd appreciate it if you returned them.

Seriously It put me on the floor last night. I run often and it got me good. I've been doing muscle milk in the morning to supplement my breakfast.

02ProstarSammyD
02-26-2013, 12:54 PM
pm sent

cbryan70
02-26-2013, 02:03 PM
I did my first night last night and I survived. I seem to of lost my lungs though. So if anyone finds them, I'd appreciate it if you returned them.

Seriously It put me on the floor last night. I run often and it got me good. I've been doing muscle milk in the morning to supplement my breakfast.

the fit test suck. Wait till the second one when you have your first run numbers. you basically HAVE to beat the previous time right. Def makes you push yourself to your limit in a min....who would have thought.

TayMC197
02-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Thanks 02

TayMC197
02-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Before pics, yep I'm in my boxers. It's how I work out. Lol cuts down on laundry and I feel less restricted. I want to lose that pudge on my lower abs.

Footer Girl
02-26-2013, 06:14 PM
Here are my Day One Fit Test Results. Definitely not as bad as the very first time I ever did it, but not as good as the end of the first round last year! I have really slacked off!

1. Switch Kicks - 50
2. Power Jacks - 60
3. Power Knees - 94
4. Power Jumps - 30
5. Globe Jumps - 7
6. Suicide Jumps - 10
7. Push-Up Jacks - 17
8. Low Plank Oblique - 46

Remember to write yours down and keep track of it. You will want to see how you have improved over the 2 months. We do the Fit Test on Days 1, 15, 36, 50 and 63. My goal is to get as close as I can or to beat Tayna this round. (She is the girl in the fit test and her numbers are INSANE)

TayMC197
02-26-2013, 08:39 PM
1. Switch Kicks - 81
2. Power Jacks - 52
3. Power Knees - 66
4. Power Jumps - 23
5. Globe Jumps - 7
6. Suicide Jumps - 6
7. Push-Up Jacks - 11
8. Low Plank Oblique - 33

TayMC197
02-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Night 2 was pretty rough. I couldn't keep up but pushed myself to the end.

Kyle
02-26-2013, 09:03 PM
Night 2 is in the bag.

Ok my numbers for fit test #1

Switch Kicks 40 each leg 80 total
Power Jacks 50
Power Knees 60
Power Jumps 30
Globe Jumps 7 full rotations
Suicide Jumps 10
Push Up Jacks 15
Low Plank Oblique 20

Pics and measurements coming.

Kyle
02-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Night 2 was pretty rough. I couldn't keep up but pushed myself to the end.

Hang in there go at your own pace and keep moving brotha.....

HRC
02-26-2013, 09:13 PM
My fit test results:
Switch kicks 64
Power jacks 30
Power knees 72
Power jumps 29
Globe jumps 9
Suicide jumps 10
Push-up jacks 21
Low Plank oblique 40

Pics later but starting weight 245

cbryan70
02-26-2013, 11:21 PM
My fit test results:
Switch kicks 64
Power jacks 30
Power knees 72
Power jumps 29
Globe jumps 9
Suicide jumps 10
Push-up jacks 21
Low Plank oblique 40

Pics later but starting weight 245

Did you want to throw the screen after doing the power jacks and power jumps....I HATE THOSE

HRC
02-27-2013, 06:55 AM
Did you want to throw the screen after doing the power jacks and power jumps....I HATE THOSE

YES!
Day 3 down. Didn't do too good this morning but I got through it.

TayMC197
02-27-2013, 10:46 AM
My calves are on fire!!! The legs are really feeling it.

Footer Girl
02-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Holy Soreness Batman!!! Pretty sure everything hurts!! That means that it is WORKING though! I forget how hard the first week is!!! Glad you guys are pushing through! Remember to drink a lot of water! You will hear him talk about the results and recovery drink too. If you are interested in it, it does help with the soreness. You can order it from the website or let me know if you have any questions. If you want to try it first I can get a sample to you too.

Keep pushing play! You are doing great!

Kyle
02-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Ok, I woke up this am and felt like I had been hit by a truck.

My legs are screaming today........

TayMC197
02-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Holy Soreness Batman!!! Pretty sure everything hurts!! That means that it is WORKING though! I forget how hard the first week is!!! Glad you guys are pushing through! Remember to drink a lot of water! You will hear him talk about the results and recovery drink too. If you are interested in it, it does help with the soreness. You can order it from the website or let me know if you have any questions. If you want to try it first I can get a sample to you too.

Keep pushing play! You are doing great!

Hey free samples are always appreciated.

94PS190
02-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Day 3 is tonight, I having trouble walking at work today! No pain, no gain...

HRC
02-27-2013, 06:14 PM
Here you go
6'4' 245#
http://i50.tinypic.com/2psf6td.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/sq2kyh.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/358cbxe.jpg

Footer Girl
02-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Just so y'all know I am really proud of you for doing this! I know that it is hard and you are all sore, but I promise you that it will be worth it and it does get better. We have stats and pictures from 3 of you. Rockman and his wife both got sick so they will be starting a little behind the rest of us. Who else are we missing? I am tracking all of your numbers and I am here if you need anything!!

I cannot wait for our next measurement day and 30 day pictures!!! I know that y'all are gonna kill this!!

TayMC197
02-27-2013, 08:37 PM
This mixed with the diet I've been on, I'm losing my belly pretty fast. I just measured for grins earlier and was about 3 mm smaller

cbryan70
02-27-2013, 08:39 PM
I find that not doing certain things all out in warm ups helps alot throughout the workout. I was doing butt kickers all the way through and found that it fried my calfs and made the rest of the workout unproductive so now I jog in place or do suicides to get the heart rate up and keep working.

BTW pure cardio and abs BLOWS. Keep up the good work

cbryan70
02-27-2013, 08:39 PM
This mixed with the diet I've been on, I'm losing my belly pretty fast. I just measured for grins earlier and was about 3 mm smaller

Those are some exact measurments lol

Footer Girl
02-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Tomorrow is recovery so it will be nice to get a nice stretch in! I don't know about y'all but I am really looking forward to it! Modify anything that you need to. I stop all the time to cuss the people in the video out! The warm up is the worst part for me by far! It is the one part I dread the MOST! BUT There are all kinds of funny stuff in each workout if you pay attention. During pure cardio watch during the warm up when Shawn T and one of the girls have a "moment". Let me know if you see it! Cracks me up every time!

TayMC197
02-27-2013, 10:45 PM
That one girl spit on the floor on the video tonight.

Kyle
02-28-2013, 12:55 AM
Ok Laura I need advice.

I failed Wednesday.

I am rolling on 4 hours of sleep on Wednesday and went to work and was dragging all day. I got home at 11:45p Wednesday so I've been rolling since 6:30a.

I'm starving and extremely sleepy. I'm eating and going to sleep.

So I'm missing my workout today. So what workout do I do Thursday. Do I do both Wednesdays and Thursdays or do Wednesdays only and skip recovery or just pick up at recovery. Or do I just not take Sunday off. How do I māke this up.

I've very upset that I eating so late and that if I work out then it will be 2a and I'll habe another 4a of rest before work on Thursday.

Very disappointed in myself.

Footer Girl
02-28-2013, 02:48 AM
Ok Laura I need advice.

I failed Wednesday.

I am rolling on 4 hours of sleep on Wednesday and went to work and was dragging all day. I got home at 11:45p Wednesday so I've been rolling since 6:30a.

I'm starving and extremely sleepy. I'm eating and going to sleep.

So I'm missing my workout today. So what workout do I do Thursday. Do I do both Wednesdays and Thursdays or do Wednesdays only and skip recovery or just pick up at recovery. Or do I just not take Sunday off. How do I māke this up.

I've very upset that I eating so late and that if I work out then it will be 2a and I'll habe another 4a of rest before work on Thursday.

Very disappointed in myself.

Most important, don't be too hard on yourself! Stuff happens! Why don't you stick with recovery tomorrow cause I'm sure your body will thank you and then do today's workout on Sunday. Don't let one day discourage you too much. Pick it up again tomorrow and don't look back!

94PS190
02-28-2013, 06:14 AM
Up early for ab ripper X this morning. Harder this time than the first time. Damn that was hard. Now I wish i would have done it last night. So far, so good.

HRC
02-28-2013, 07:01 AM
Just finished day 4 recovery. Whew, that felt better on the calves.

94PS190
02-28-2013, 07:26 AM
The way I'm movin around work this morning, you would think I was in a car accident.

Footer Girl
02-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Just finished Recovery.......man it was needed but those lunge and squat holds kill me!!! Modify what you need to.....I can never hold as long as he says to without feeling like I might die! What did y'all think about Recovery Day? Did it feel like a break or just a slower work out?

TayMC197
02-28-2013, 02:23 PM
I'll do recovery tonight.. and yes I am walking around work looking like fred sanford.

cbryan70
02-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Just finished Recovery.......man it was needed but those lunge and squat holds kill me!!! Modify what you need to.....I can never hold as long as he says to without feeling like I might die! What did y'all think about Recovery Day? Did it feel like a break or just a slower work out?

The lunges suck. That is all

cbryan70
02-28-2013, 02:33 PM
The way I'm movin around work this morning, you would think I was in a car accident.
I couldnt imagine just starting this program and doing it in the mornings then going to work. I could barely walk after the workouts for a couple hours.

Kyle
02-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Just finished today's workout.

Geese my legs are weaker than a mug. :)

Every excercise I do I feel it most in my bird legs.

Kyle
02-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Ok here are my pics. I hate putting them up but I'll play along. Embarrassing..........

I'm 5' 10"
180#

davidstan
02-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Funny I opened this thread expecting some bikinied babes and scrolled a little and started seeing these dudes :rolleyes: my red blooded genetics said "next thread please" :D

TayMC197
02-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Ok here are my pics. I hate putting them up but I'll play along. Embarrassing..........

I'm 5' 10"
180#

Hahahahahaha!!!!! Fat @ss!!!

TayMC197
02-28-2013, 09:42 PM
Thank goodness for the recovery.. My calves, hamstrings, and *** hurt so bad!! This crap is fo real! Lol

HRC
03-01-2013, 06:58 AM
Pure cardio done, that was tough.

Footer Girl
03-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Good job guys! And Kyle stop being so hard on yourself! I cannot wait for the before and afters! Y'all are going to be amazed at what you accomplish and will be so ready to hit the water this summer! We are almost done with week one! :woohoo:

cbryan70
03-01-2013, 11:28 AM

I'm 5' 10"
180#

Ha, I think the last time I was 180 was in Middle school :cool:

03 35th Anniversary
03-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Today will be Shakeology vs American Airlines Flight 1903 :D

HRC
03-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Got day 5 done.

HRC
03-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Hahahahahaha!!!!! Fat @ss!!!

Uhhhh, I think I'm the only fat azz so far. I guess I'm not doing bad for a 50 year old with you young guys.

Kyle
03-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Uhhhh, I think I'm the only fat azz so far. I guess I'm not doing bad for a 50 year old with you young guys.

Keep up the good work and keep doing the excercises. My problem is the diet. Although I try to eat clean, I'm finding myself having a hard time staying away from Mexican food :(

Btw Taylor and I are good friends. He is somewhat joking with me lol. It's all good

HRC
03-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Yeah I picked up on the joking. I've done much better this week with my diet. Doing the workout inspires me to eat right.

TayMC197
03-02-2013, 11:32 AM
I joke with Kyle cause its fun.

Last night had my first angry man attack. I was starving. So I had a burger! It was great.

Kyle
03-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Yeah I picked up on the joking. I've done much better this week with my diet. Doing the workout inspires me to eat right.

I have had a harder time eating right vs not smoking. I normally smoke 1/2-1 pack a day. This week has gone from roughly 75 cigs to I think 6. I am out of cigs or what I call "breathing exercises" so I feel that is a big improvement. I've been a smoker for 15+ years. The workouts really show me how winded I really am.

The shakeology has been great but the Mexican food is killing me.

I'm going to cook a bunch of chicken today on the grill. Then refrigerate it where I have healthy snacks or meals that are ready to go.

Kyle
03-02-2013, 11:41 AM
I joke with Kyle cause its fun.

Last night had my first angry man attack. I was starving. So I had a burger! It was great.

LMFAO

It's amazing how angry you get when you are hungry. It's like a dual personality comes from out of no where.

Footer Girl
03-02-2013, 02:39 PM
I have had a harder time eating right vs not smoking. I normally smoke 1/2-1 pack a day. This week has gone from roughly 75 cigs to I think 6. I am out of cigs or what I call "breathing exercises" so I feel that is a big improvement. I've been a smoker for 15+ years. The workouts really show me how winded I really am.

The shakeology has been great but the Mexican food is killing me.

I'm going to cook a bunch of chicken today on the grill. Then refrigerate it where I have healthy snacks or meals that are ready to go.

Nice job with the cutting back on smoking. I quit when I got pregnant, obviously and seriously get sick every time I try to smoke now so I am officially done with it.

I am glad that the Shakeology is working out for you! Cooking ahead of time will really help you. It will give you something there that is ready to eat and a better choice rather than something easy and bad for you. I tried out the turkey burgers in my first round and they really aren't all that bad. I would grill up like 4 patties one day and then keep them in the fridge. They also make buns that are really skinny and have less calories. You might take a look at those.

It can definitely be an adjustment and just do what is right for you. Track your calories....if you freak out and have to have a burger it's not the end of the world. I would suggest staying away from the Ultimate Double Bacon Cheeseburger with large chili cheese fries though! ;) Do what works best for you. As far as the Mexican food goes, you can make adjustments that aren't as bad if you have to have it or cut down your portions....immediately put half of your plate in a to go box when you get it so you don't clean the plate. take the rest home and make two meals out of it.

Y'all can do this! Just keep pushing play and the rest will eventually get easier as you go!

Rockman
03-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Deb and I will be joining the fun late...Deb and JD recovering from strep and Deb out of town for work starting tomorrow :(...me, 4 days of amoxicilan and not better...so got a zpak and just starting to get rid of sore throat and ear aches.:mad:

Glad the morale is still high here! Keep up the good work everyone! It will easier for us to join seeing the good results from you all!:)

Footer Girl
03-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Deb and I will be joining the fun late...Deb and JD recovering from strep and Deb out of town for work starting tomorrow :(...me, 4 days of amoxicilan and not better...so got a zpak and just starting to get rid of sore throat and ear aches.:mad:

Glad the morale is still high here! Keep up the good work everyone! It will easier for us to join seeing the good results from you all!:)

Hope you get to feeling better!! It sounds horrible!!

TayMC197
03-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Well week one is over, I ate a little unhealthy over the weekend but I was so hungry. I'm back on the strict diet as of last night. Down side is my right knee is acting up pretty bad, so it looks like I'll be wearing my brace for workout tonight.

Also, can you double up videos or can I still go run along with this workout? I don't want to lose my endurance and I want to throw more action to my abs.

turbofresh
03-04-2013, 11:23 AM
i had really busy weekend so i missed friday workout and saturday workout. but i did both of them lastnight one after the other. it was hell but i was able to mustard through it.

i am wondering, what should i do if im going to be traveling and will be in a hotel for 5 days? should i do the workouts in my room? hoping not to disturb my neighbours? i really dont want to be doing these workouts in the fitness room at the hotel. its kinda like going pee. i like to be alone.

Footer Girl
03-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Well week one is over, I ate a little unhealthy over the weekend but I was so hungry. I'm back on the strict diet as of last night. Down side is my right knee is acting up pretty bad, so it looks like I'll be wearing my brace for workout tonight.

Also, can you double up videos or can I still go run along with this workout? I don't want to lose my endurance and I want to throw more action to my abs.

Careful with your knee and modify whatever you need to until it starts feeling better. Because you are putting your body through so much with this work out it is important not to over train. That being said, as you continue on your metabolism will kick in and you will have more energy. Abs can be thrown in on top of your work out any day you want. If you want to go for a run do it, but try to keep it to a few times a week. Listen to your body as you know what it can take and make sure you are fueling it by eating enough. Eating healthier does not mean starving yourself! You got this!

Footer Girl
03-04-2013, 01:02 PM
i had really busy weekend so i missed friday workout and saturday workout. but i did both of them lastnight one after the other. it was hell but i was able to mustard through it.

i am wondering, what should i do if im going to be traveling and will be in a hotel for 5 days? should i do the workouts in my room? hoping not to disturb my neighbours? i really dont want to be doing these workouts in the fitness room at the hotel. its kinda like going pee. i like to be alone.

Doubling up can be a killer! Been there!! I know a lot of people that do the workouts in hotel rooms and that is what is great about not having to have any equipment! Just make sure that you move the furniture around to give yourself enough room and modify anything that you need to. Take along a portable dvd player or pop it in your laptop and you are good to go. If you are being so loud that you disturb your neighbors they are probably going to think you are doing something else and high 5 you if they see you in the hall! Just sayin! ;)

turbofresh
03-04-2013, 03:28 PM
hahah! good call i never thought of it like that. i wont feel too bad now.

how important is it to stick to the nutrition guide? i try to most days but usually i just do not have time do make what they suggest.

ive also been drinking visalus. i assume its similiar to shakeology?

Footer Girl
03-04-2013, 05:34 PM
hahah! good call i never thought of it like that. i wont feel too bad now.

how important is it to stick to the nutrition guide? i try to most days but usually i just do not have time do make what they suggest.

ive also been drinking visalus. i assume its similiar to shakeology?

I tell most people to just do what you can! It is not something that just happens overnight. Start with making better choices with what you are eating. If you have to eat out, look for a healthier option then the double cheesburger and fries. It's hard sometimes to discipline yourself to do it, but it is possible. Pick a day and cook up some food to last through the week. That way when you are in a hurry, you have something you can grab that has already been prepared!

As far as the Shakeology vs. Visalus, there are actually a lot of differences. I have never tried the Visalus myself so I will not pretend to be an expert, however another coach did a very detailed comparison of the 2. Here is the link to her comparison. Read through it and if you have any questions let me know.
http://www.julieradon.wordpress.com/2012/10/18/body-by-vi-vs-shakeology/

TayMC197
03-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Much better tonight for my workout. I was able to push myself harder and stay up better. Also my knee releaved a lot. Heard a loud pop and it started feeling much better.

Footer Girl
03-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Much better tonight for my workout. I was able to push myself harder and stay up better. Also my knee releaved a lot. Heard a loud pop and it started feeling much better.

Glad it feels better. I felt a lot better during the workout today too! I could feel myself pushing harder and able to concentrate on my core more!

For everyone doing this workout.....congratulations for getting through the first week and continuing on to the second! A little tip that helps me SO MUCH! Once you have done the work outs a couple of times and start to feel more comfortable with the moves, choose to have the music off on the dvd and turn your own music on. Whatever you want....whatever gets you moving. I usually just put on Pandora to something fast and fun. It really helps me push through and helps the workouts to go by faster!

Keep pushing play and hope you are feeling better about the work outs this week now that you know what to expect!!

Footer Girl
03-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Having a super hard time with motivation today!! How did y'all do? I put off my work out as long as possible but pushed through so I didn't let the group down! Hope y'all had a good day!

HRC
03-05-2013, 09:19 PM
My son and I hit it again at 4:45 this morning. That pure cardio is TOUGH.

TayMC197
03-06-2013, 08:14 AM
I lasted the whole warm up last night and kept pace. The rest of the workout I did pretty well with as well but had to stop to relieve muscle pain a few times. I'm ready to start adding in ab work outs.

turbofresh
03-06-2013, 09:32 AM

Footer Girl
03-06-2013, 12:08 PM
I lasted the whole warm up last night and kept pace. The rest of the workout I did pretty well with as well but had to stop to relieve muscle pain a few times. I'm ready to start adding in ab work outs.

Abs get added in on Friday!!!!! (You can do more on any of the days though!)

I just finished for the day and am feeling better! Yesterday I was just in a funk! I am feeling much less sore this week which totally helps too!

TayMC197
03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
My sleep is being deprived as of Friday due to this little monster. I'm starting to feel the crash. Blahh

texasjet
03-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Cutie! She just needs her own exercise program and she maybe will sleep like an angel.

Will she be going to the lake this summer? On the boat ? The boat would scare my dog to death, but she LOVES the lake.

Kyle
03-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Taylor that's a pretty puppy.

Butthead will love her. When will he finally meet her.

Kyle
03-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Ok I need some incouragement. This week has been HELL in my personal life and my diet has failed and I have skipped 2 workouts.

I was the angry man Monday night and broke down and had a normal meal.

Here is my receipt and no I did not have anyone helping me. TexasRiverRat and TravisX9 were with me and were like holy .... That's a lot of food. I guess being hungry, stopping cigs, and going through personal drama got to me.

Here

02ProstarSammyD
03-06-2013, 03:47 PM
^dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn son

pmkkdx
03-06-2013, 03:59 PM
I am proud of you ... you only had one beer! calorie count would have been much higher if you consumed more :cool:

Kyle
03-06-2013, 04:05 PM
I am proud of you ... you only had one beer! calorie count would have been much higher if you consumed more :cool:

You must have missed the 2 Happy Hour beers. All 3 were 24oz beers

Started out with chips and queso and that didnt put a dent in my hunger or relax the angry man. Therefore 12 wings were ordered and a 4 piece chicken tender meal.

I even substituted fries for wedges with bacon, melted cheese, and onions on the 4 piece tender meal.

Everything went straight to my hips.

Even had a big chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream.

If I'm going to cheat then I'm going to cheat right. No halfass cheating here.

The waitress was like are you serious. Mark and Travis both look at her and said yes he can eat more than anyone I know. He should be 400lbs. She writes everything down. Looks at me and says I gotta see this. After my meal she comes back and says wanna cake and ice cream. I say you are a good sales lady. If someone will keep buying then keep selling to them sweetheart. Bring on the cake. It was so dang good.

epnault
03-06-2013, 04:14 PM
That's awesome. Stick with it man. I started using MyFitnessPal along with doing cross fitness about 8 months ago to try to get in shape to try to learn how to ski the course. I tried it for the first time last year and realized I suck!! I also realized I needed to take drastic measures to get fit and drop serious weight. I bonked a bunch of times like this but I am still losing wait and the cravings have almost disappeared now.

Just for the heck of it I pugged your meal into MyFitnessPal = 4,427 calories. Nice work.

02ProstarSammyD
03-06-2013, 04:21 PM
he was just trying to excite his metabolism? 4400 calories is pretty stellar!

Kyle
03-06-2013, 04:21 PM
That's awesome. Stick with it man. I started using MyFitnessPal along with doing cross fitness about 8 months ago to try to get in shape to try to learn how to ski the course. I tried it for the first time last year and realized I suck!! I also realized I needed to take drastic measures to get fit and drop serious weight. I bonked a bunch of times like this but I am still losing wait and the cravings have almost disappeared now.

Just for the heck of it I pugged your meal into MyFitnessPal = 4,427 calories. Nice work.

But someone told me chicken was healthy........ what a damn liar they are

Kyle
03-06-2013, 04:24 PM
he was just trying to excite his metabolism? 4400 calories is pretty stellar!

If I truly calculated what I eat on a normal day I bet I push 7-9k a day. And going to 3,800 makes me very hungry and the angry man comes out.

cbryan70
03-06-2013, 04:29 PM
If I truly calculated what I eat on a normal day I bet I push 7-9k a day. And going to 3,800 makes me very hungry and the angry man comes out.

jesus and I struggle to get to my calorie goal.

TxsRiverRat
03-06-2013, 04:35 PM
If I truly calculated what I eat on a normal day I bet I push 7-9k a day.

73 cans of Miller lite per day? :D

Kyle
03-06-2013, 04:38 PM
73 cans of Miller lite per day? :D

Lmao

Well when you eat a lot you kinda have to drink a lot for the same results.

TayMC197
03-06-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm pushing 1500 calories a day.

Yes I'll have her at the lake. In sure she'll love it, my other Danes did.

Butthead meets her this weekend. When I take the upholstry and fenders home.

pmkkdx
03-06-2013, 06:39 PM
"You must have missed the 2 Happy Hour beers. All 3 were 24oz beers"

yep, I overlooked that ...

Footer Girl
03-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Kyle I should totally hunt you down and kick your a$$! I hope you enjoyed it!!

Ok seriously though, I have to say that as a coach. In reality, like I said in the beginning this is hard and everyone in general goes through stuff day to day that can affect how they handle the program. It isn't easy and it isn't for the weak. I believe that you want this, and I want to see you succeed in completing it. If it means you posting your receipts and calling yourself out so the rest of us can give you crap then so be it.

Get back on the horse......keep doing the workouts and go back to your why. WHY did you start this in the first place and is it strong enough to make you keep going? Only you can answer that and I am here to keep you reminding you of that. Don't give up because of this. Next time maybe stop before the cake and ice cream though!! ;)

cbryan70
03-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Kyle dont feel bad. Monday I had a meeting out of town so I got down there sunday evening. Lets just saying I had a few two many on sunday night. Had the meeting drove home 6 hours then did pure cardio....worst workout ive had. It was miserable. I just did ply tonight and my sister gave me some energy and endurance product to drink before the workout. Not sure if it was mental or what but I pushed myself to the LIMIT. I have not sweated so hard throughout and after one of these workouts since the first couple of days.

For any of you guys looking for a boost before a workout I would recommend it. I am not going to take it tomorrow but am going to take it again before pure cardio and will report back if your on the edge about trying it. Pure Cardio is the hardest workout for me to get through and go hard so we will see if it makes a difference.

She also gave me some "fuel shot" another beachbody product. I am going to drink that throughout recovery and see how I like it.

02ProstarSammyD
03-07-2013, 09:06 AM
For any of you guys looking for a boost before a workout I would recommend it. I am not going to take it tomorrow but am going to take it again before pure cardio and will report back if your on the edge about trying it. Pure Cardio is the hardest workout for me to get through and go hard so we will see if it makes a difference.

be extremely careful what you take. There are some super crappy products out there for boost. I recommend a simple 5 hour if you are rundown or c4 preworkout. C4 is great stuff but take a half serving just to make sure it agrees with you. You'll find out alot of your energy level will revolve around your diet. I'm up to 5 small meals a day and my energy is right up there with when I was 21.

Also I hate you Kyle. My daily is around 1800-2000 although I'm dropping around 2lbs a week

Footer Girl
03-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Sorry guys I will be MIA today and don't know if I will get my work out in! Getting ready for the military ball and running around like a chicken with my head cut off!

Hope y'all have a good one and KYLE......GET TO WORK!! :)

02ProstarSammyD
03-07-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm pushing 1500 calories a day.

Remember something though....if you go too low on calories essentially your body will go instarvation mode and your metabolism will be shot. Ethiopian belly style and your body will start losing muscle. On a normal basis you have 2 diff goals. One would be to lose weight and the other is to gain mass. The whole "thing" about p90x is that through the stages you are trying to achieve different goals. Your 3rd phase is going to be your cutting. P90x claims phase 1 as your "fat shredder", phase 2 your energy booster, and phase 3 as your edurance maximizer on your diet so basically you need to look at diff goals for different phases.

Phase 1 is NOT where you want to bare bones cut calories! Your body is not used to the workout and it will starve and die. Not literally obviously but you need to fuel your body. Your body can lose 1-2 lbs a week safely on a normal basis. That doesn't apply now imho. You are trying to build up muscle. Muscle weights more than fat and sometimes you can even gain weight through the first phase or 2. THIS IS NORMAL! Don't get fixated on weight.....look at performance. If you are able to do more reps/weight you are building muscle. Eat a normal HEALTHY (talking to you kyle) diet and load up on protein! Cutting calories is crap during this phase. Eat your 5 small meals a day and keep it balanced. You want that power to kill the workouts!

PHASE 3 is where you want to go leaner on your proteins, calories, etc and try to burn that 1-2lbs a week.

Again this all opinion but I warn you.......I did stay at a holiday inn express last night

cbryan70
03-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Remember something though....if you go too low on calories essentially your body will go instarvation mode and your metabolism will be shot. Ethiopian belly style and your body will start losing muscle. On a normal basis you have 2 diff goals. One would be to lose weight and the other is to gain mass. The whole "thing" about p90x is that through the stages you are trying to achieve different goals. Your 3rd phase is going to be your cutting. P90x claims phase 1 as your "fat shredder", phase 2 your energy booster, and phase 3 as your edurance maximizer on your diet so basically you need to look at diff goals for different phases.

Phase 1 is NOT where you want to bare bones cut calories! Your body is not used to the workout and it will starve and die. Not literally obviously but you need to fuel your body. Your body can lose 1-2 lbs a week safely on a normal basis. That doesn't apply now imho. You are trying to build up muscle. Muscle weights more than fat and sometimes you can even gain weight through the first phase or 2. THIS IS NORMAL! Don't get fixated on weight.....look at performance. If you are able to do more reps/weight you are building muscle. Eat a normal HEALTHY (talking to you kyle) diet and load up on protein! Cutting calories is crap during this phase. Eat your 5 small meals a day and keep it balanced. You want that power to kill the workouts!

PHASE 3 is where you want to go leaner on your proteins, calories, etc and try to burn that 1-2lbs a week.

Again this all opinion but I warn you.......I did stay at a holiday inn express last night

You do know insanity is completly different then P90X correct? Either way you still need to eat to keep your body from going into starvation mode....

02ProstarSammyD
03-07-2013, 02:48 PM
You do know insanity is completly different then P90X correct? Either way you still need to eat to keep your body from going into starvation mode....
I thought taylor was doing p90x. Insanity is a diff beast agreed but wasn't referring to that. The only insanity I've done is mixing some of the tapes in with p90x to sub cardio/yoga because I didn't get into the p90x version so I have zero quality input on insanity other than I hate it haha.

cbryan70
03-07-2013, 02:51 PM
I thought taylor was doing p90x. Insanity is a diff beast agreed but wasn't referring to that. The only insanity I've done is mixing some of the tapes in with p90x to sub cardio/yoga because I didn't get into the p90x version so I have zero quality input on insanity other than I hate it haha.

I thought most were doing insanity. I could be wrong. I am on my 4th week of it. I agree it sucks....but the results dont.

02ProstarSammyD
03-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Power to anyone who can do it! My knee is jacked up so I am stuck on elliptical and rowing until I see how it does riding but I couldn't have done that day in/out before.

Footer Girl
03-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Yes almost everyone is doing Insanity with the exception of a couple who had injuries or who were already doing it and wanted to follow along with us for the accountability.

Kyle
03-08-2013, 02:30 PM
I'm still in the saddle everyone but now have a different question.

We are finishing week 2 now and I'm feeling better as far as energy goes.

My question is this.

Week before insanity started I weighed on 186 and then got sick. Dropped to 171 in a week and it freaked me out. By Monday start day I had put back on to 180. Stayed within 1-2# all week. Have a food melt down Monday and Tuesday and jump to 187 and Friday today I weigh in at 178.

This is how my body does normally. Is it normal to see 10+lb swings in a matter of a couple of days.

The only time I felt full this week was when I ate at BWW. Shakeology doesn't come close to satisfying any hunger. I drink it and my stomach is instantly pissed off and telling me I'm still on E keep feeding me.

Footer Girl
03-08-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm still in the saddle everyone but now have a different question.

We are finishing week 2 now and I'm feeling better as far as energy goes.

My question is this.

Week before insanity started I weighed on 186 and then got sick. Dropped to 171 in a week and it freaked me out. By Monday start day I had put back on to 180. Stayed within 1-2# all week. Have a food melt down Monday and Tuesday and jump to 187 and Friday today I weigh in at 178.

This is how my body does normally. Is it normal to see 10+lb swings in a matter of a couple of days.

The only time I felt full this week was when I ate at BWW. Shakeology doesn't come close to satisfying any hunger. I drink it and my stomach is instantly pissed off and telling me I'm still on E keep feeding me.

Ok Kyle check your PM.

TayMC197
03-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Fell off the band wagon since Tuesday. Haven't done crap since Wednesday. I'll start back tmw night string again. Puppy mixed with company has takin all my time.

JohnE
03-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Fell off the band wagon since Tuesday. Haven't done crap since Wednesday. I'll start back tmw night string again. Puppy mixed with company has takin all my time.

That's why I passed on joining this group. 6 days a week is a tough commitment for anyone at any time. With building my house there was no way I could commit.

Get back at it when as soon as you can and forget the lapse.

HRC
03-09-2013, 09:50 PM
I've made all the workouts but today kind of blew the diet. Ok, I didn't just kind of blow it. Met up with a bunch of guys I ride motorcycles with for a day of working on bikes, shooting the breeze and eating burgers and hot dogs. Oh well, I've been good most of the time.

Footer Girl
03-10-2013, 02:54 PM
I've made all the workouts but today kind of blew the diet. Ok, I didn't just kind of blow it. Met up with a bunch of guys I ride motorcycles with for a day of working on bikes, shooting the breeze and eating burgers and hot dogs. Oh well, I've been good most of the time.

Most of the time is much better then not at all! Keep with it....we are done with week 2! Half way through the first month! Now is the time to push through and not quit! If you can push through the next 2 weeks you stand a much better chance at seeing it through to the end!!

HRC
03-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Most of the time is much better then not at all! Keep with it....we are done with week 2! Half way through the first month! Now is the time to push through and not quit! If you can push through the next 2 weeks you stand a much better chance at seeing it through to the end!!

Oh yeah, I'm not stopping now.

HRC
03-11-2013, 06:55 AM
2nd fit test done. I did better on everything but the switch kicks. A little disappointed though 'cause I'm 2.5 lbs heavier. Haven't taken any measurements though so we'll see what that says later.

JohnE
03-11-2013, 07:19 AM
2nd fit test done. I did better on everything but the switch kicks. A little disappointed though 'cause I'm 2.5 lbs heavier. Haven't taken any measurements though so we'll see what that says later.

How far into the program are you?

HRC
03-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Just starting week 3.

Thrall
03-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Ok I need some incouragement. This week has been HELL in my personal life and my diet has failed and I have skipped 2 workouts.

I was the angry man Monday night and broke down and had a normal meal.

Here is my receipt and no I did not have anyone helping me. TexasRiverRat and TravisX9 were with me and were like holy .... That's a lot of food. I guess being hungry, stopping cigs, and going through personal drama got to me.

Here

Haha man! Holy crap!
Just a FYI, but if you eat like that you could save some serious $ and eat for free if you just went to those places that serve you a 72oz steak or a 5lb burrito and if you finish it, it's free.
Nevermind, on 2nd thought they'd probably ban you after the first 2 visits.:rolleyes:

cbryan70
03-11-2013, 01:02 PM
down 14 pounds. starting recovery week tonight.

Footer Girl
03-11-2013, 01:13 PM

Don't let the scale be your judge especially at the beginning. Remember your body composition will change and as you are losing fat you are also gaining lean tissue. As lean mass increases and body fat decreases, the scale cannot differentiate between the two! (Can you tell I am in school? HA)

Nice job for month one!!! Thank you for sharing your results as I am sure it is going to help motivate the others to keep going!! Enjoy your week of recovery and don't do anything extra other then this workout. It is much slower but your body really needs to get prepared because next week it will feel like you are starting all over again!! :-)

cbryan70
03-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Don't let the scale be your judge especially at the beginning. Remember your body composition will change and as you are losing fat you are also gaining lean tissue. As lean mass increases and body fat decreases, the scale cannot differentiate between the two! (Can you tell I am in school? HA)

Nice job for month one!!! Thank you for sharing your results as I am sure it is going to help motivate the others to keep going!! Enjoy your week of recovery and don't do anything extra other then this workout. It is much slower but your body really needs to get prepared because next week it will feel like you are starting all over again!! :-)

the recovery week is coming at the right time. knees are starting to get sore.

Kyle
03-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Haha man! Holy crap!
Just a FYI, but if you eat like that you could save some serious $ and eat for free if you just went to those places that serve you a 72oz steak or a 5lb burrito and if you finish it, it's free.
Nevermind, on 2nd thought they'd probably ban you after the first 2 visits.:rolleyes:

At least it would be a savings of some kind before being banned. ;)

Let's just say I have been asked to leave 2 Chinese all you can eat buffets "ah yes.....sir you eat too mush, you must go." (Use Asian accent) and I have been asked to leave a CiCi's pizza all you can eat "excuse me sir, this is all you can eat lunch or dinner, not all you can eat all day"

I'm dead serious.

Kyle
03-11-2013, 02:23 PM

Great job man. Keep going

TayMC197
03-11-2013, 05:17 PM
getting back in the swing of things hard and heavy tonight... 3 mile run, then my workout.

Footer Girl
03-11-2013, 05:41 PM
I know that a lot of people are following along to see how everyone is doing through this Insanity Challenge. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that they are running a special this month for P90X and P90X2 Challenge Packs.

These are normally $205 and they are now $180 for the month of March only. The challenge pack is the workout plus the 30 days of Shakeology that we have talked about on here. If you or anyone else has thought about jumping on the P90X bandwagon or did the first one and want to take it to the next level with P90X2 then now is the time. http://www.beachbodycoach.com/mycoachlala Here is my link again so you don't have to go through the thread to find it. If you have any questions, shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to help any way that I can!

HRC
03-11-2013, 06:21 PM

That's why I mentioned not having measured yet. My pants do feel just a bit more loose.

mikeg205
03-11-2013, 10:28 PM
18-20 mile spins on bike fluid trainer... speed up - aerobic capacity up... workin' upper body and core... I am ready to ski - gash darn it!

What sucks is when your aerobic capacity improve it jumps at first and then incremental improvements take a lot of work.... :)

TayMC197
03-12-2013, 08:26 AM
I was really dissappointed. Before I started the program I was able to run 3 miles in about 25-26 minutes. Last night, I was spent after a mile. I feel like I have took 20 steps back in progress. I'm noticing results as far as toning up and dropping a little belly fat but as for my endurance on my feet .. not so much....

I'll keep pushing on though... I'll just have to get back into running every night with my program.

Footer Girl
03-12-2013, 12:42 PM
I was really dissappointed. Before I started the program I was able to run 3 miles in about 25-26 minutes. Last night, I was spent after a mile. I feel like I have took 20 steps back in progress. I'm noticing results as far as toning up and dropping a little belly fat but as for my endurance on my feet .. not so much....

I'll keep pushing on though... I'll just have to get back into running every night with my program.

Just remember you are putting your body through a lot! Don't over do it and give the program a chance to work. I couldn't run a block before and now I try and get out and run whenever I can. I am still not going to do any marathons but it is more than I ever thought I would do. I am not a huge fan of running but I try! The first 4 weeks really get you conditioned and the 2nd month is going to push you a lot harder. That is where you will see the biggest change. It doesn't happen overnight but it will happen!

cbryan70
03-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Just remember you are putting your body through a lot! Don't over do it and give the program a chance to work. I couldn't run a block before and now I try and get out and run whenever I can. I am still not going to do any marathons but it is more than I ever thought I would do. I am not a huge fan of running but I try! The first 4 weeks really get you conditioned and the 2nd month is going to push you a lot harder. That is where you will see the biggest change. It doesn't happen overnight but it will happen!
I am scared of next week when the max starts. going to kick my *** I am sure.

Footer Girl
03-12-2013, 12:59 PM
I am scared of next week when the max starts. going to kick my *** I am sure.

It is like starting all over again!! HOWEVER, it is my favorite part! I enjoy it so much more then the first month!