PDA

View Full Version : Lake Cumberland Water Level

Footin
01-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Word has it that the Corp Of Engineers will announce tomorrow that the repairs to the dam will be done ahead of schedule and the water level will be up close to prior years this summer.

Normal pool is 720 feet above sea level
The last 6 years have been 680 feet above sea level
This summer will be 705 feet above sea level!!!!

JimN
01-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Word has it that the Corp Of Engineers will announce tomorrow that the repairs to the damn will be done ahead of schedule and the water level will be up close to prior years this summer.

Normal pool is 720 feet above sea level
The last 6 years have been 680 feet above sea level
This summer will be 705 feet above sea level!!!!

FYI- it's 'dam'. The other spelling could be taken the wrong way.

Ever been to Ken-Lake Marina? I wonder how far the water is from the normal shoreline.

SkiDog
01-17-2013, 09:32 PM

Ever been to Ken-Lake Marina? I wonder how far the water is from the normal shoreline.

Knox wishes it would drop another 40 feet so he could find his keys!

Footin
01-17-2013, 09:35 PM

Never heard of or been to Ken-Lake Marina. (fixed the spelling)

Rockman
01-18-2013, 09:13 AM

Too funny! I got first dibs on one of the golf carts at the north end of the dock! :D

Time to start making some plans for this summer!

Mike - You still got my fender in your garage?;)

willyt
01-18-2013, 09:41 AM
yes, everyone go to cumberland... norris wont be worth going to this year

Footin
01-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Too funny! I got first dibs on one of the golf carts at the north end of the dock! :D

Time to start making some plans for this summer!

Mike - You still got my fender in your garage?;)

Yes-I still have your fender.

Double D
01-18-2013, 10:06 AM

Whats up with Norris?

Rockman
01-18-2013, 10:14 AM
I was at the Chicago boat show last weekend and there was a booth from State Dock...talked to the guy there and he seemed excited that the dam was gonna be fixed...finally.

Only bad thing about the water coming back is the amount of debris that will fill the lake that has been sitting on the shorelines...

Rockman
01-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Yes-I still have your fender.

Thanks buddy! ;)

onewheat
01-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Whats up with Norris?

The snakes and stumps are supposed to be especially bad this year, along with the gusty winds, brain-eating amoeba and heavy water patrols. It's best to stay clear this summer, and possibly next too. We'll let you know...

trickskier
01-19-2013, 11:23 AM

Too late for that - I've already climbed the mountain!!! :D

SkiDog
01-19-2013, 05:42 PM
Too late for that - I've already climbed the mountain!!! :D

And *****ed the WHOLE time! I thought you were gonna have to sleep down there!:D

tommydbouy
05-23-2013, 12:34 AM
Heading to Cumberland this weekend. Is there much debris in the water with the level being back up? We'll be in the Burnside area.

2RLAKE
05-27-2013, 07:04 PM
The snakes and stumps are supposed to be especially bad this year, along with the gusty winds, brain-eating amoeba and heavy water patrols. It's best to stay clear this summer, and possibly next too. We'll let you know...

I saw an especially large venomous water moccasin at your dock today

Hey your boat is AWESOME ... Absolutely beautiful

Footin
05-27-2013, 07:36 PM
We just got back from Cumberland, water is up and was about 75 degrees. had a great weekend.

2RLAKE
05-27-2013, 07:50 PM
We just got back from Cumberland, water is up and was about 75 degrees. had a great weekend.

i heard Cumberland has free gas for the summer ... everyone to Cumberland!!!

Footin
05-27-2013, 07:52 PM
It was crowded, we spent the weekend in a cove with the kids swimming and listening to music.

tommydbouy
05-28-2013, 09:16 AM
The weekend was good. There were a fair amount of sticks and plastic bottles floating but we didn't see many logs. We spent most of our time up the Cumberland River past the Power Plant. Boat traffic was not bad in that area.

The ramp at Burnside Island had a steady flow when we're pulling out around 3:00 on Memorial Day. I was worried we were going to make the boat ramp bloopers thread. My wife isn't yet used to how the Vdrive handles over our old IO, especially with some wind. I had to get a little wet but no harm was done.

Footin
06-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Was down this weekend, had a great time. The debris has cleared up for the most part and the water was up to 77 degrees.

We will back for 11 days over July 4th.

PondWater
06-09-2013, 11:48 PM

Yes...this!

SkiDog
06-10-2013, 09:07 AM
Was down this weekend, had a great time. The debris has cleared up for the most part and the water was up to 77 degrees.

We will back for 11 days over July 4th.

Man, you need to come to Hiawassee, Lake Chatuge, June 19-22!

Footin
05-19-2014, 08:34 PM
Anyone else headed down this weekend?

ramills
05-20-2014, 01:21 AM
I'll be at there. It's going to be nice to have it back at 723. I wonder if the Harmon crowd will move back to the falls.

CumberlandXstar
05-20-2014, 09:43 AM
I was there 3 weeks ago and every one said the main channel was dangerous. I stayed in Beaver and only saw one very small section of debris. They have had heavy rains the last week so I am guessing it will be the same this weekend.

dmbeck
05-20-2014, 10:56 AM
I went out of conely last saturday and headed a couple miles down the main lake and only saw a handful of drift out in the channel. It wasn't much different than last year as far as drift is concerned. Fisherman were running wide open all day down the main lake. The drift I did see was good size so you still have to be on your toes but it wasn't anything that would keep ya off the lake.

TN_Rider
05-20-2014, 11:26 AM

Ken lake in Ky??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Footin
05-20-2014, 06:16 PM
We are going out of Conley this weekend. From what I have heard the debris is not bad, just a few visible debris fields. We will probably stay in Faubush Creek most of the time.

Slinkyredfoot
05-20-2014, 08:05 PM

Now that is DAM funny :D :D ;)

KnoxX2
05-20-2014, 08:12 PM
I remember that post!!!! Wow that one is a blast from the past. Yep I don't ever want to drop another set of keys in a lake again...... Although it made for a good story!!!! LOL

Rockman
05-20-2014, 11:38 PM
I remember that post!!!! Wow that one is a blast from the past. Yep I don't ever want to drop another set of keys in a lake again...... Although it made for a good story!!!! LOL

LOL...wifey was not to happy when she arrived at Lee's Ford!:D

KnoxX2
05-21-2014, 02:48 AM
Nope.... She still gives me hell over it. LOL but she still had a great time meeting everyone and going out on the boat.

Rockman
05-21-2014, 10:03 AM
Nope.... She still gives me hell over it. LOL but she still had a great time meeting everyone and going out on the boat.

That is true!