PDA

View Full Version : Americans for Gun Ownership - FB Page

Double D
01-15-2013, 03:37 PM
A friend of mine feels so strongly about this issue he created this FB page. Gun owner or not, its nice to stay informed.

https://www.facebook.com/AFGOguns

LTWon
01-15-2013, 04:07 PM
I am so outraged by this nonsense. Using a horrific event and using it as fear to push their political agenda. This is doing nothing to help make schools safer. To help treat mental illness and prevent this from happening again. I'm not sure what a new law will help do when criminals tend to break them anyway.

03 35th Anniversary
01-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Liked

thatsmrmastercraft
01-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Liked as well. I still agree with the NRA's recommendation of armed personnel in the schools to keep our children safe.

pmkkdx
01-15-2013, 04:49 PM
liked ... that should get the attention of some of my overly liberal friends :D

captain planet
01-15-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm not on facebook (proudly) so I can't 'like' that page. Can someone do it for me 1,000,000 times?

captain planet
01-15-2013, 05:54 PM
I have called both my senators regarding the feinstein bill. I would urge all Ohioans to call senators Rob Portman (202 224 3353) and Sherrod Brown (202 224 2315). The girl working the phone in senator Portman's office told me they are keeping a tally on the calls for and against gun regulation legislation. I have called many times for many different things and this was the first time I was informed a tally was being kept without asking about it.

j2nh
01-15-2013, 06:40 PM
You cannot attend a sporting event, concert, political rally or anything else where people gather in numbers and not have a police presence, except our schools. This makes zero sense. If we feel there is a threat to our children then we should not be talking politics or political agendas, we should be putting cops in schools. It sickens me that politicians and gun control advocates are using recent events to further their political agenda at the expense of safety measure that could be taken overnight.

Voodoo
01-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Question for the group -- if a so-called assault rifle ban were to be enacted, or, if a high capacity magazine ban were enacted, what would happen to folks that currently own those objects? Assuming that there is a paper trail.

I have a slew of rifles but I do not have a high capacity semi auto model. I've never thought about owning one and don't have anything against them -- all this hoopla has got me thinking about getting one but given the current prices/availability I'll let the dust settle.

So, if there is a paper trail -- will a g-man show up at your door? Will the feds buy it back? Can you keep it? Anyone have any idea? Just curious.

Voodoo

thatsmrmastercraft
01-15-2013, 07:41 PM
New York already signed the first "The sky is falling" gun laws.

ALBANY, N.Y. — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed a package of tougher gun measures Tuesday, soon after the state Assembly voted to bolster the state's ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

The Democrat-dominated Assembly passed the provision Tuesday by a 104-43 vote after the state Senate approved it by a wide margin late Monday.

The signing makes New York the first state to enact tighter restrictions on guns after the Dec. 14 massacre in Newtown, Conn., in which 28 people died including 20 children.

"What we're saying today is some of these weapons is beyond what we believe to be reasonable for purchase for New Yorkers," said Assemblyman Brian Kavanagh, a Manhattan Democrat who chairs the state chapter of State Legislators Against Illegal Guns.

The gun-control package makes changes and additions to a broad swath of state law, ranging from requiring universal background checks for all gun and ammunition sales, boosting the state's power to confiscate firearms from the mentally ill and increasing penalties for gun-related crime.

The new laws provide for an immediate ban on semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and pistols with a "military-style feature," such as a flash suppressor or a bayonet mount. Guns that had been legal but are being banned would be grandfathered in, but their owners must to register with the state.

Magazines are limited to a maximum capacity of seven bullets, down from the current 10.

The story continues.......

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/15/new-york-assault-weapons-guns/1835785/

LTWon
01-15-2013, 08:57 PM
I have called both my senators regarding the feinstein bill. I would urge all Ohioans to call senators Rob Portman (202 224 3353) and Sherrod Brown (202 224 2315). The girl working the phone in senator Portman's office told me they are keeping a tally on the calls for and against gun regulation legislation. I have called many times for many different things and this was the first time I was informed a tally was being kept without asking about it.

I wrote both of them, Pat Tiberi, Biden, and Obama on this. So far only Brown and Tiberi have wrote me back... Well used a mass response. Tiberi believes as I do, enforcing the laws we already have. Brown wants to ban assault weapons. I will be calling both Brown and Portman tomorrow. Thanks for the numbers!

1redTA
01-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Liked

Bouyhead
01-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Liked.

mustangtexas
01-16-2013, 01:05 AM
Texas is trying to set the pace.

State Rep. Steve Toth (R-The Woodlands) has begun the process to file legislation assisting the protection of the Second Amendment of the United State Constitution.

The “Firearms Protection Act” bill would make any federal law banning semi-automatic firearms or limiting the size of gun magazines unenforceable within the state’s boundaries. Anyone trying to enforce a federal gun ban could face felony charges under the proposal.

“We can no longer depend on the Federal Government and this Administration to uphold a Constitution that they no longer believe in. The liberties of the People of Texas and the sovereignty of our State are too important to just let the Federal Government take them away. The overreach of the federal administrations executive orders that are do not align with the Constitution, are not very popular here in Texas,” said Toth.

Along with Wyoming, Texas will lead the country in continuing to stand for the sovereignty to run Texas as Texans see fit while exercising the Bill of Rights Amendments 2& 10 to “prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers … [to] extending the ground of public confidence in the Government.”

Along with Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, who has already filed more than 23 suits against the Federal Government, Toth will continue to stand with other Texans to encouraging the promotion of personal responsibility and liberties while actively guarding against outside parties attempting to erode the freedoms enjoyed by Texans so that the people of Texas may have more confidence in their government.

For more information contact, Amy Lane, Chief of Staff at 512-463-0797. Steve Toth is the newly elected State Representative for District 15, which includes The Woodlands, Shenandoah, Imperial Oaks, Oak Ridge North and Benders Landing along with some of the surrounding areas. He lives and works in District 15 and is establishing a House District 15 Office in Alden Bridge near the corner of Research Forest and Kuykendahl that he hopes to open by February of this coming year.

03 35th Anniversary
01-16-2013, 01:43 AM
Question for the group -- if a so-called assault rifle ban were to be enacted, or, if a high capacity magazine ban were enacted, what would happen to folks that currently own those objects? Assuming that there is a paper trail.

I have a slew of rifles but I do not have a high capacity semi auto model. I've never thought about owning one and don't have anything against them -- all this hoopla has got me thinking about getting one but given the current prices/availability I'll let the dust settle.

So, if there is a paper trail -- will a g-man show up at your door? Will the feds buy it back? Can you keep it? Anyone have any idea? Just curious.

Voodoo

I have kinda wondered this myself.

The Fedral Government would have to rely heavily on local law enforcement to collect them all. Mainly the County Sheriff's Office. Which has the power to hold their big middle finger up and tell Obama to sit on it!

LTWon
01-16-2013, 09:11 AM
Texas is trying to set the pace.

State Rep. Steve Toth (R-The Woodlands) has begun the process to file legislation assisting the protection of the Second Amendment of the United State Constitution.

The “Firearms Protection Act” bill would make any federal law banning semi-automatic firearms or limiting the size of gun magazines unenforceable within the state’s boundaries. Anyone trying to enforce a federal gun ban could face felony charges under the proposal.

“We can no longer depend on the Federal Government and this Administration to uphold a Constitution that they no longer believe in. The liberties of the People of Texas and the sovereignty of our State are too important to just let the Federal Government take them away. The overreach of the federal administrations executive orders that are do not align with the Constitution, are not very popular here in Texas,” said Toth.

Along with Wyoming, Texas will lead the country in continuing to stand for the sovereignty to run Texas as Texans see fit while exercising the Bill of Rights Amendments 2& 10 to “prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers … [to] extending the ground of public confidence in the Government.”

Along with Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, who has already filed more than 23 suits against the Federal Government, Toth will continue to stand with other Texans to encouraging the promotion of personal responsibility and liberties while actively guarding against outside parties attempting to erode the freedoms enjoyed by Texans so that the people of Texas may have more confidence in their government.

For more information contact, Amy Lane, Chief of Staff at 512-463-0797. Steve Toth is the newly elected State Representative for District 15, which includes The Woodlands, Shenandoah, Imperial Oaks, Oak Ridge North and Benders Landing along with some of the surrounding areas. He lives and works in District 15 and is establishing a House District 15 Office in Alden Bridge near the corner of Research Forest and Kuykendahl that he hopes to open by February of this coming year.

A Sheriff in Oregon said he will not enforce any new gun laws.:cool:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/15/ore-sheriff-says-wont-enforce-new-gun-laws/

clrussell
01-16-2013, 09:34 AM
I could be wrong, but with the ban I don't think they will show up and take your guns/ mags. I believe the sale of them will just be banned.. Except within a few states.. I hope Missouri adopts the same thing Texas is going for..

Tapatalk

aquaman
01-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Liked

Double D
01-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks for all the LIKES so far. If you think its worth it, let all your friends know.

76S&S
01-16-2013, 10:05 AM

Voodoo

The unknown factor of your question is the very reason that the last guns I have purchased were purchased used from individuals. Any future purchases will be the same process.

76S&S
01-16-2013, 10:06 AM
Oh, and liked.

aquaman
01-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Just because there is a paper record of your gun purchase.....does not mean you are still in possesion of that gun.

I believe there are about 270 million guns in the US.....?

And yes, the under market in non-reported gun sales would sky rocket.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-16-2013, 11:02 AM
The govt gun grabbers will not come take your guns forcibly. They will penalize you if you don't turn them in. They will start by taking away any tax returns, your drivers licence, your govt. health insurance.............and then they will get ugly.

aquaman
01-16-2013, 11:35 AM
The govt gun grabbers will not come take your guns forcibly. They will penalize you if you don't turn them in. They will start by taking away any tax returns, your drivers licence, your govt. health insurance.............and then they will get ugly.

You are correct......but just like during Prohibition, people will adapt and prevail.

The British tried to take arms away from the American Colonists, and the Mexican Army tried to take a certain cannon away from the Texans.

Neither succeeded.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Right from AFGO

JTNG
01-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Linn County is a small community south of Portland. Oregon on a whole is mostly conservative, but Portland votes for the State:mad:

http://www.kptv.com/story/20596938/local-sheriff-tells-vp-biden-i-will-not-enforce-new-gun-regulations

thatsmrmastercraft
01-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Linn County is a small community south of Portland. Oregon on a whole is mostly conservative, but Portland votes for the State:mad:

http://www.kptv.com/story/20596938/local-sheriff-tells-vp-biden-i-will-not-enforce-new-gun-regulations

This Sheriff has some cajones!

In a letter dated Jan. 14 and sent to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. in Washington D.C., Linn County Sheriff Tim Mueller wrote politicians are attempting to exploit the deaths of innocent victims in recent criminal events.

He wrote honest and law-abiding people should not be prevented from owning certain types of guns or ammunition magazines.

"Any federal regulation enacted by Congress or by executive order of the president offending the constitutional rights of my citizens shall not be enforced by me or by my deputies," Mueller wrote. "Nor will I permit the enforcement of any unconstitutional regulations or orders by federal officers within the borders of Linn County, OR."

The sheriff made his feelings perfectly clear in wrapping up his letter.

"In summary, it is the position of this sheriff that I refuse to participate, or stand idly by, while my citizens are turned into criminals due to the unconstitutional actions of misguided politicians."

BrooksfamX2
01-16-2013, 12:23 PM
This is the sheriff in my home town..........:D

GT500 MC
01-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Just because there is a paper record of your gun purchase.....does not mean you are still in possesion of that gun.

I believe there are about 270 million guns in the US.....?

And yes, the under market in non-reported gun sales would sky rocket.

Agreed. A paper record of your firearm purchase means nothing--just that you purchased. It's not a registration. People sell/trade firearms privately all the time. Just depends on what your laws are in each state.
It will be quite an interesting topic over the next few months.

GT500 MC
01-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Just saw the presser---nothing that wasn't published in advance yesterday. Now the struggle begins. NRA's ads are not holding much back.

LTWon
01-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Just saw the presser---nothing that wasn't published in advance yesterday. Now the struggle begins. NRA's ads are not holding much back.

I seen that as well. I just got off the phone with my Senator's offices expressing my opposition to these new proposals. I am all for making schools safe however nothing Obama stated would have even remotely come close to preventing Newtown, Aurora, or Columbine. This is nothing but a vulture preying on this tragedy in hopes of pushing his agenda. I encourage you all to contact your respected representatives and express your thoughts regardless of what side you fall on.

captain planet
01-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Well, not all the politicians in NY are crazy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2rRSUEaLKvA

Double D
01-16-2013, 03:16 PM

WOW! Impressive!

03 35th Anniversary
01-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Nice!!!

jhall0711
01-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Great find....

gid
01-16-2013, 05:31 PM
There is a YouTube post (sorry, at work and cannot access YouTube) from a lady testifying at the Brady Bill hearing back in the 80's. She was at a McDonalds when a guy walked in and shot 20+ dead. She stated she lost her father and mother. She had a gun but the laws prevented her from having it, etc. Very very strong testimony and it sums up my feelings.

GT500 MC
01-16-2013, 05:38 PM
There is a YouTube post (sorry, at work and cannot access YouTube) from a lady testifying at the Brady Bill hearing back in the 80's. She was at a McDonalds when a guy walked in and shot 20+ dead. She stated she lost her father and mother. She had a gun but the laws prevented her from having it, etc. Very very strong testimony and it sums up my feelings.

As long as she knew how to use the gun and WOULD have used it, then it may have made a difference. I'm not disagreeing, just trying to look at it from all angles. A lot of people have guns--would they have used it and used it properly in that situation? We'll never know. And have not seen the YouTube post either.

Skipper
01-16-2013, 10:33 PM
LTC Kevin Grossman shared the story of a Deputy Sheriff in a mid-western town whose daughter was killed when a gunman attacked their church. The deputy explained that despite the fact that he carried his gun all of the time while off duty that out of respect for the members of the church that he never carried his gun inside the church. He was at a church function on a weekday evening when a gunman came into the building and opened fire. The deputy said that he would have been able to kill the gunman very quickly but he didn't have his own gun. Instead, he watched in horror as his daughter was shot and killed. All he could do was throw himself in the path of the bullets to try to keep her from getting shot.

There was a gunman who attacked people at a church in Colorado Springs. An armed security officer killed that gunman after his initial attack and saved countless lives.

The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. To those sheep who demand protection but are offended by the very means of that protection I say pull your head out of your third point of contact and shut the hell up!

76S&S
01-17-2013, 09:46 AM

Great find!

captain planet
01-17-2013, 10:14 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/130734.html

aquaman
01-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Statement by Gov. Perry on President Obama’s Executive Actions

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 • Austin, Texas • Press ReleaseShare on printMore Sharing Services
inShare.

Gov. Rick Perry released the following statement regarding President Obama's executive actions:

"The Vice President's committee was appointed in response to the tragedy at Newtown, but very few of his recommendations have anything to do with what happened there.

"Guns require a finger to pull the trigger. The sad young man who did that in Newtown was clearly haunted by demons and no gun law could have saved the children in Sandy Hook Elementary from his terror.

"There is evil prowling in the world - it shows up in our movies, video games and online fascinations, and finds its way into vulnerable hearts and minds. As a free people, let us choose what kind of people we will be. Laws, the only redoubt of secularism, will not suffice. Let us all return to our places of worship and pray for help. Above all, let us pray for our children.

"In fact, the piling on by the political left, and their cohorts in the media, to use the massacre of little children to advance a pre-existing political agenda that would not have saved those children, disgusts me, personally. The second amendment to the Constitution is a basic right of free people and cannot be nor will it be abridged by the executive power of this or any other president."

Double D
01-17-2013, 12:38 PM
I got an e-mail this morning from Rand Paul (Senator). I tried to sign but the site errors out. Keep trying.

Dear fellow Patriot,

My jaw hit the floor.

After reading Senator Dianne Feinstein’s new so-called "Assault Weapons" Ban, I can only describe this radical scheme as the effective END of the Second Amendment in America.

The gun-grabbers are going for broke, doing everything they can to "cash in" on the recent tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.

They’re targeting EVERYTHING -- rifles, shotguns and even handguns -- and every gun owner and gun purchase is to be catalogued and tracked by the federal government.

That’s why it’s absolutely critical you act IMMEDIATELY.
http://www.nagr.org/FeinsteinGunBan_Petition.aspx?pid=jan13

As you’ll see, I’ve enclosed a special Emergency Second Amendment Protection Directive INSISTING your Representative and Senators vote against this radical scheme.

Won’t you please sign it TODAY? There’s no time to waste.

President Obama’s Administration is announcing it will "push forward quickly" on gun control -- and Vice President Joe Biden is promising it will be a "done deal" in a matter of weeks!

If passed, Feinstein’s Gun Ban would:
*** Ban the sale, transfer, importation, and manufacturing of 120 specifically named rifles, shotguns and handguns!
*** Ban the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of ALL firearms with a detachable magazine and at least one "military characteristic" -- which could mean just about anything that makes a gun "look scary;"
*** Ban the sale, transfer, importation, and manufacturing of magazines holding more than 10 rounds;
*** Force owners of ALL "grandfathered" weapons to undergo an intrusive background check and fingerprinting -- treating law-abiding citizens like criminals;
*** Force owners of ALL "grandfathered" weapons to federally register their guns after obtaining a permission slip from local law enforcement showing their guns are not in violation of state or local law.
That’s right. If you own a $10 magazine that’s more than 10 rounds, you’ll have to register it with the BATFE in their National Firearms Registry.

The ban on "transfers" means you and I can forget about ever handing down one of these guns to our kids and grandkids.

Worse, it could mean widows become instant felons if their husbands owned one of these banned magazines or firearms!

And make no mistake, the gun-grabbers’ TRUE motives behind gun registration is always the same -- outright gun CONFISCATION, and to do that they must first register every gun and gun owner.

Then Senator Feinstein will be able to achieve her publicly stated goal:

"Mr. and Mrs. America, turn ‘em all in."

I can hardly even think about what a DISASTER for our country it would be should President Obama, Senator Feinstein and their anti-gun pals succeed in ramming this monstrosity down our throats.

This is exactly the WRONG move for our country -- for our liberties and for our safety.

Now I know THAT’S something you’re not hearing from the anti-gun propagandists in the national media.

But the truth is, increasing gun sales in America in recent years has led to lower crime rates.

The same is true all over the world.

Studies show countries with low rates of civilian firearms ownership are the most violent. Countries with high rates of civilian firearms ownership are the safest.

Just look to nearby Mexico if you want to see an example of the gun-grabbers’ idea of utopia. Effectively ruled by violent drug gangs in many areas, Mexico is a cesspool of rape, violence and murder.

If you and I want to keep the Second Amendment freedoms we’re so blessed to enjoy as American citizens, it’s absolutely CRITICAL you and I act IMMEDIATELY.

That’s why I’ve agreed to help the National Association for Gun Rights fight back to stop this Gun Ban and help lead the fight AGAINST the gun-grabbers.

They’re tough. They’re principled. And they know how to win.

They know the ONLY way you and I win this fight is if my colleagues here in Congress understand that voting for gun control will mean the END of their political careers . . .

And they’re busy mobilizing pro-gun Americans all over the country to make sure Congress gets that message loud and clear.

But with President Obama, Sarah Brady and all the gun-grabbers doubling down, there’s not much time.

To defeat this radical scheme, the National Association for Gun Rights is going to have to pull out all the stops to alert and mobilize Second Amendment supporters all over the country.

Direct mail. Phones. Email. Blogs. Guest editorials. Press conferences. Hard-hitting internet, newspaper, radio and even TV ads if funding permits. The whole nine yards.

Of course, a program of this scale is only possible if the National Association for Gun Rights can raise the money.

But that’s not easy, and we may not have much time.

In fact, if gun owners are going to defeat Feinstein's Gun Ban, pro-gun Americans like you and me have to get involved NOW!

So please put yourself on record AGAINST the Feinstein's Gun Ban by signing NAGR’s Emergency Second Amendment Protection Directive.

But along with your signed Directive, please agree to make a generous contribution of $250, $100, $50 or even just $35.

And every dollar counts in this fight so even if you can only chip in $10 or $20, it will make a difference.

Thank you in advance for your time and money devoted to defending our Second Amendment rights.

For Freedom,

Rand Paul
United States Senator

http://www.nagr.org/FeinsteinGunBan_Petition.aspx?pid=jan13

captain planet
01-17-2013, 02:08 PM
http://www.wxix.com/story/20608260/reality-check-an-apples-to-apples-comparison-of-us-and-uk-violent-crime-rates

captain planet
01-17-2013, 02:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlKwSGgeGR8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q2btKEnfuA4

I don't know why I let this d-bag get me so riled up, but it feels sooooo good to see him get ticked off by someone who CLEARLY knows more than him about guns.

captain planet
01-17-2013, 02:25 PM

As long as she knew how to use the gun and WOULD have used it, then it may have made a difference. I'm not disagreeing, just trying to look at it from all angles. A lot of people have guns--would they have used it and used it properly in that situation? We'll never know. And have not seen the YouTube post either.

Here it is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-oNMHNrS-8

Double D
01-17-2013, 02:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlKwSGgeGR8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q2btKEnfuA4

I don't know why I let this d-bag get me so riled up, but it feels sooooo good to see him get ticked off by someone who CLEARLY knows more than him about guns.

I saw this last nice. Piers in an idiot!

gid
01-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Here it is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-oNMHNrS-8

Thank you for finding it.

jeff shelton
01-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Sent my congressman and senators an email expressing my disapproval of our current presidents stance on gun control. Our govt needs to address the mental health issues, gang and drug violence, illegal immigration (the border), and have stricter laws and punishment for those who illegally possession and use guns in crimes. I should not be restricted by what type of firearm our magazine capacity while protecting my home or family. As other have said, don't just sit back and do nothing which ever side of the debate you are on you should contact your congressman and senator and let them know where you stand.

captain planet
01-22-2013, 01:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YKJqel4c9_I#!

Somebody needs to get this guy to run for president.

captain planet
01-23-2013, 06:18 PM
http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/50208495#50208495

Hmmmmm, I thought this was done with an AR-15. Huh, well look at that....the media led us to believe it was an assault rifle that was used.

jeff shelton
01-24-2013, 01:04 PM
You're sound asleep when you hear a thump outside your bedroom door.

Half-awake, and nearly paralyzed with fear, you hear muffled whispers.

At least two people have broken into your house and are moving your way.

With your heart pumping, you reach down beside your bed and pick up your shotgun.

You rack a shell into the chamber, then inch toward the door and open it...

In the darkness, you make out two shadows. One holds something that looks like a crowbar.

When the intruder brandishes it as if to strike, you raise the shotgun and fire.

The blast knocks both thugs to the floor.

One writhes and screams while the second man crawls to the front door and lurches outside.

As you pick up the telephone to call police, you know you're in trouble.

In your country, most guns were outlawed years before, and the few that are privately owned are so stringently regulated as to make them useless..

Yours was never registered..

Police arrive and inform you that the second burglar has died.

They arrest you for First Degree Murder and Illegal Possession of a Firearm.

When you talk to your attorney, he tells you not to worry: authorities will probably plea the case down to manslaughter.

"What kind of sentence will I get?" you ask.

"Only ten-to-twelve years," he replies, as if that's nothing. "Behave yourself, and you'll be out in seven."

The next day, the shooting is the lead story in the local newspaper.

Somehow, you're portrayed as an eccentric vigilante while the two men you shot are represented as choirboys.

Their friends and relatives can't find an unkind word to say about them..

Buried deep down in the article, authorities acknowledge that both "victims" have been arrested numerous times.

But the next day's headline says it all: "Lovable Rogue Son Didn't Deserve to Die."

The thieves have been transformed from career criminals into Robin Hood-type pranksters..

As the days wear on, the story takes wings.

The national media picks it up, then the international media. The surviving burglar has become a folk hero.

Your attorney says the thief is preparing to sue you, and he'll probably win.

The media publishes reports that your home has been burglarized several times in the past and that you've been critical of local police for their lack of effort in apprehending the suspects.

After the last break-in, you told your neighbor that you would be prepared next time.

The District Attorney uses this to allege that you were lying in wait for the burglars.

A few months later, you go to trial. The charges haven't been reduced, as your lawyer had so confidently predicted.

When you take the stand, your anger at the injustice of it all works against you..

Prosecutors paint a picture of you as a mean, vengeful man.

It doesn't take long for the jury to convict you of all charges.

The judge sentences you to life in prison.

This case really happened.

On August 22, 1999, Tony Martin of Emneth, Norfolk , England , killed one burglar and wounded a second.

In April, 2000, he was convicted and is now serving a life term..

How did it become a crime to defend one's own life in the once great British Empire ?

It started with the Pistols Act of 1903.

This seemingly reasonable law forbade selling pistols to minors or felons and established that handgun sales were to be made only to those who had a license.

The Firearms Act of 1920 expanded licensing to include not only handguns but all firearms except shotguns..

Later laws passed in 1953 and 1967 outlawed the carrying of any weapon by private citizens and mandated the registration of all shotguns.

Momentum for total handgun confiscation began in earnest after the Hungerford mass shooting in 1987.

Michael Ryan, a mentally disturbed man with a Kalashnikov rifle, walked down the street shooting everyone he saw. When the smoke cleared, 17 people were dead.

The British public, already de-sensitized by eighty years of "gun control", demanded even tougher restrictions.

(The seizure of all privately owned handguns was the objective even though Ryan used a rifle.)

Nine years later, at Dunblane , Scotland ,

Thomas Hamilton used a semi-automatic weapon to murder 16 children and a teacher at a public school.

For many years, the media had portrayed all gun owners as mentally unstable, or worse, criminals.

Now the press had a real kook with which to beat up law-abiding gun owners.

Day after day, week after week, the media gave up all pretense of objectivity and demanded a total ban on all handguns.

The Dunblane Inquiry, a few months later, sealed the fate of the few sidearm's still owned by private citizens.

During the years in which the British government incrementally took away most gun rights, the notion that a citizen had the right to armed self-defense came to be seen as vigilantism.

Authorities refused to grant gun licenses to people who were threatened, claiming that self-defense was no longer considered a reason to own a gun.

Citizens who shot burglars or robbers or rapists were charged while the real criminals were released.

Indeed, after the Martin shooting, a police spokesman was quoted as saying, "We cannot have people take the law into their own hands."

All of Tony Martin's neighbors had been robbed numerous times, and several elderly people were severely injured in beatings by young thugs who had no fear of the consequences. Martin himself, a collector of antiques, had seen most of his collection trashed or stolen by burglars.

When the Dunblane Inquiry ended, citizens who owned handguns were given three months to turn them over to local authorities. Being good British subjects,
most people obeyed the law. The few who didn't were visited by police and threatened with ten-year prison sentences if they didn't comply.

Police later bragged that they'd taken nearly 200,000 handguns from private citizens.

How did the authorities know who had handguns? The guns had been registered and licensed. Kind of like cars. Sound familiar?

WAKE UP AMERICA ;

THIS IS WHY OUR FOUNDING FATHERS PUT THE SECOND AMENDMENT IN OUR CONSTITUTION.

"...It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

If you think this is important, please forward to everyone you know..

thatsmrmastercraft
01-24-2013, 01:34 PM
You're sound asleep when you hear a thump outside your bedroom door.

Half-awake, and nearly paralyzed with fear, you hear muffled whispers.

At least two people have broken into your house and are moving your way.

With your heart pumping, you reach down beside your bed and pick up your shotgun.

You rack a shell into the chamber, then inch toward the door and open it...

In the darkness, you make out two shadows. One holds something that looks like a crowbar.

When the intruder brandishes it as if to strike, you raise the shotgun and fire.

The blast knocks both thugs to the floor.

One writhes and screams while the second man crawls to the front door and lurches outside.

As you pick up the telephone to call police, you know you're in trouble.

In your country, most guns were outlawed years before, and the few that are privately owned are so stringently regulated as to make them useless..

Yours was never registered..

Police arrive and inform you that the second burglar has died.

They arrest you for First Degree Murder and Illegal Possession of a Firearm.

When you talk to your attorney, he tells you not to worry: authorities will probably plea the case down to manslaughter.

"What kind of sentence will I get?" you ask.

"Only ten-to-twelve years," he replies, as if that's nothing. "Behave yourself, and you'll be out in seven."

The next day, the shooting is the lead story in the local newspaper.

Somehow, you're portrayed as an eccentric vigilante while the two men you shot are represented as choirboys.

Their friends and relatives can't find an unkind word to say about them..

Buried deep down in the article, authorities acknowledge that both "victims" have been arrested numerous times.

But the next day's headline says it all: "Lovable Rogue Son Didn't Deserve to Die."

The thieves have been transformed from career criminals into Robin Hood-type pranksters..

As the days wear on, the story takes wings.

The national media picks it up, then the international media. The surviving burglar has become a folk hero.

Your attorney says the thief is preparing to sue you, and he'll probably win.

The media publishes reports that your home has been burglarized several times in the past and that you've been critical of local police for their lack of effort in apprehending the suspects.

After the last break-in, you told your neighbor that you would be prepared next time.

The District Attorney uses this to allege that you were lying in wait for the burglars.

A few months later, you go to trial. The charges haven't been reduced, as your lawyer had so confidently predicted.

When you take the stand, your anger at the injustice of it all works against you..

Prosecutors paint a picture of you as a mean, vengeful man.

It doesn't take long for the jury to convict you of all charges.

The judge sentences you to life in prison.

This case really happened.

On August 22, 1999, Tony Martin of Emneth, Norfolk , England , killed one burglar and wounded a second.

In April, 2000, he was convicted and is now serving a life term..

How did it become a crime to defend one's own life in the once great British Empire ?

It started with the Pistols Act of 1903.

This seemingly reasonable law forbade selling pistols to minors or felons and established that handgun sales were to be made only to those who had a license.

The Firearms Act of 1920 expanded licensing to include not only handguns but all firearms except shotguns..

Later laws passed in 1953 and 1967 outlawed the carrying of any weapon by private citizens and mandated the registration of all shotguns.

Momentum for total handgun confiscation began in earnest after the Hungerford mass shooting in 1987.

Michael Ryan, a mentally disturbed man with a Kalashnikov rifle, walked down the street shooting everyone he saw. When the smoke cleared, 17 people were dead.

The British public, already de-sensitized by eighty years of "gun control", demanded even tougher restrictions.

(The seizure of all privately owned handguns was the objective even though Ryan used a rifle.)

Nine years later, at Dunblane , Scotland ,

Thomas Hamilton used a semi-automatic weapon to murder 16 children and a teacher at a public school.

For many years, the media had portrayed all gun owners as mentally unstable, or worse, criminals.

Now the press had a real kook with which to beat up law-abiding gun owners.

Day after day, week after week, the media gave up all pretense of objectivity and demanded a total ban on all handguns.

The Dunblane Inquiry, a few months later, sealed the fate of the few sidearm's still owned by private citizens.

During the years in which the British government incrementally took away most gun rights, the notion that a citizen had the right to armed self-defense came to be seen as vigilantism.

Authorities refused to grant gun licenses to people who were threatened, claiming that self-defense was no longer considered a reason to own a gun.

Citizens who shot burglars or robbers or rapists were charged while the real criminals were released.

Indeed, after the Martin shooting, a police spokesman was quoted as saying, "We cannot have people take the law into their own hands."

All of Tony Martin's neighbors had been robbed numerous times, and several elderly people were severely injured in beatings by young thugs who had no fear of the consequences. Martin himself, a collector of antiques, had seen most of his collection trashed or stolen by burglars.

When the Dunblane Inquiry ended, citizens who owned handguns were given three months to turn them over to local authorities. Being good British subjects,
most people obeyed the law. The few who didn't were visited by police and threatened with ten-year prison sentences if they didn't comply.

Police later bragged that they'd taken nearly 200,000 handguns from private citizens.

How did the authorities know who had handguns? The guns had been registered and licensed. Kind of like cars. Sound familiar?

WAKE UP AMERICA ;

THIS IS WHY OUR FOUNDING FATHERS PUT THE SECOND AMENDMENT IN OUR CONSTITUTION.

"...It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

If you think this is important, please forward to everyone you know..

Interesting read. I don't often send emails as a result of reading something that prompts me to do so, but in this case I most certainly did.

captain planet
01-24-2013, 01:39 PM
I found this interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kKpLhNiC8zg#!

What a great Mayor showing the oath they ALL took to be a council member.

pmkkdx
01-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Interesting read. I don't often send emails as a result of reading something that prompts me to do so, but in this case I most certainly did.

yep, verified even http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)

onewheat
01-24-2013, 03:18 PM
If the second burglar didn't "make it out", it could have been "his shotgun" wrestled from him that was used. I'm just sayin'...

DemolitionMan
01-24-2013, 11:24 PM

BigBarney
01-25-2013, 10:00 AM
For anyone interested, you can goto Ruger Firearms website, click on the take action now, put in your/an address, and it will auto email (from the Kenyan at 1600 Pennsylvania down to your local reps) a generic 'I don't support the proposed gun legislation' letter. Your choice. Just passing the info on.

http://www.ruger.com/index.html

thatsmrmastercraft
01-25-2013, 11:37 AM
For anyone interested, you can goto Ruger Firearms website, click on the take action now, put in your/an address, and it will auto email (from the Kenyan at 1600 Pennsylvania down to your local reps) a generic 'I don't support the proposed gun legislation' letter. Your choice. Just passing the info on.

Great find!

Just did the letter. Took 60 seconds!

pmkkdx
01-25-2013, 11:59 AM
sent one also ... but it couldn't find the representatives for my home address (odd) and I used my business address.

captain planet
01-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Here is something I read in Andrew Napolitano's book, "It is Dangerous to BE RIGHT when the GOVERNMENT IS WRONG." I found it worth sharing. It is a great book I highly recommend it.

This short clip is regarding gun ownership and Switzerland:

"Almost every house in Switzerland contains one or more automatic weapons, the kind of guns that the American federal government calls "assault rifles with cop killer bullets." Switzerland has strict gun controls to keep guns out of the hands of children, lunatics, and criminals, but every law abiding adult can buy any kind of weapon. Almost every adult male owns at least one gun, and most have more than one, because of social pressures and the expectation that a respectable middle class male citizen should be well armed and skillful in the use of arms. it is also no coincidence that respect for property rights in Switzerland is amongst the highest in the world, possibly the highest in the world."

In America, you are instilled from a young age with the belief, "guns kill," but you are never informed of your natural right to to own and use a gun to save your own life or defend your property. You never learn how vital guns or weapons were in securing the independence of this nation and many other nations. You are never taught that guns can help prevent crimes by deterring criminal activity, nor are you taught how gun laws can actually increase crime."

....not sure why I shared that, but the mood struck me....so there you go.

captain planet
01-28-2013, 02:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyS3CEIbpJo

This thread got quiet........that's disappointing.

aaron.
01-28-2013, 07:05 PM

bump bump, keep it going guys. Don't lose interest, cause the libby idiots sure haven't.

JDC
01-28-2013, 07:53 PM

http://www.ruger.com/index.htmlNice! That link made it easy. Took me about 2 minutes.

pmkkdx
01-29-2013, 09:17 AM
a friend asked if I wanted to go to the gun show this past weekend down in Austin. I already had other plans, so couldn't go. I saw his wife at church Sunday morning asking if he ended up going, to which she said yeah, he went but didn't get in as there was a 3 hour wait to get in and all the parking was full. That's just crazy!

captain planet
01-29-2013, 04:07 PM
With the current climate, unless you can't get what you are looking for at a sporting goods store, there are no deals to be had a gun shows right now from what I have been told. You can get ammo at stores cheaper than what they are selling it for at gun shows.

JDC
01-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Gun show gun prices may even be higher. A friend (new to guns) went to our last show and said it was a 45 minute wait to get in (not bad considering). Once inside, he said it was PACKED. He couldn't move through the aisles from table to table because of so many people. He told me about some of the prices and they were NOT deals.
And yes, ammo was higher... even if buying 1000 rounds. However, everything was flying off the store shelves.

I went to a show the 1st time Obame was elected and it was bad then. After this election and other recent events, I knew it would be a mad house. Glad I didn't go.

aquaman
01-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by BigBarney

This is a good link to find your Senator or Reps. Let them know we will NOT accept limitations on the Second Amendment.

Speak up now.

aquaman
01-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Texas Senator Ted Cruz returns fire.......

http://freebeacon.com/cruz-to-rahm-dont-mess-with-texas/

jvbaca
01-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by BigBarney

This is a good link to find your Senator or Reps. Let them know we will NOT accept limitations on the Second Amendment.

Speak up now.

Thanks for sharing. Just filled out my letter (and sent the link to a few friends)!

76S&S
01-30-2013, 10:13 AM
emails sent and link shared!

captain planet
01-30-2013, 04:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hY2JR92Scmk

JimN
01-30-2013, 04:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hY2JR92Scmk

Interesting that English isn't his first language, eh?

I was listening to the radio this AM and they were talking about the Seattle gun buy-back program that, from the city's standpoint, failed miserably. This failed because people came along and bought guns from some of those standing in line to sell, for more than they city was paying.

captain planet
01-30-2013, 05:36 PM

I was listening to the radio this AM and they were talking about the Seattle gun buy-back program that, from the city's standpoint, failed miserably. This failed because people came along and bought guns from some of those standing in line to sell, for more than they city was paying.

Funny you should mention that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jqMxM0pHAmA

thatsmrmastercraft
01-30-2013, 05:53 PM

Fantastic! How come I never thought of that???

JimN
01-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Funny you should mention that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jqMxM0pHAmA

I would be surprised if half of the guns turned in had been stored safely.

pmkkdx
01-30-2013, 07:56 PM
this is what is happening in Australia ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=fGaDAThOHhA

American's should wake up!

JimN
01-30-2013, 08:34 PM
this is what is happening in Australia ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=fGaDAThOHhA

American's should wake up!

The only thing added when guns are banned is the number of potential victims. Period. To keep someone from breaking in, we'll have to make our homes into fortresses and by staying home instead of going out, we'll be prisoners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oSH7lToqiE

Dino Don
01-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Well the next thing if someone uses their boat to run over somebody we'll get our boats ban. More people killed by drunk drivers than guns I bet so next thing we'll all have to get mopeds or bicycles except congress they will get to keep their cars----but that's ok we'll all be able to smoke dope so we can get high and it won't matter!:D we're so screwed--

onewheat
01-31-2013, 02:28 AM
Well the next thing if someone uses their boat to run over somebody we'll get our boats ban. More people killed by drunk drivers than guns I bet so next thing we'll all have to get mopeds or bicycles except congress they will get to keep their cars----but that's ok we'll all be able to smoke dope so we can get high and it won't matter!:D we're so screwed--

There is too much money from the alcohol people and lobbyists for the government to do anything serious about that - just like tobacco. they both cause a LOT of health problems and deaths, but as long as politicians get their pockets lined and reelection coffers stuffed with "donations", what do they care? Our system is FUBAR. :confused:

Dino Don
01-31-2013, 12:37 PM
There is too much money from the alcohol people and lobbyists for the government to do anything serious about that - just like tobacco. they both cause a LOT of health problems and deaths, but as long as politicians get their pockets lined and reelection coffers stuffed with "donations", what do they care? Our system is FUBAR. :confused:

I agree on the FUBAR!!!!!!

captain planet
01-31-2013, 02:11 PM
Hmm, where is the MSM on this?

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Home-invasion-suspect-arrested-after-woman-opens-fire/-/1735978/18331728/-/n9rr8pz/-/index.html

captain planet
01-31-2013, 02:15 PM
The only thing added when guns are banned is the number of potential victims. Period. To keep someone from breaking in, we'll have to make our homes into fortresses and by staying home instead of going out, we'll be prisoners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oSH7lToqiE

I like that one Jim, thanks.

jeff shelton
01-31-2013, 02:22 PM
Hmm, where is the MSM on this?

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Home-invasion-suspect-arrested-after-woman-opens-fire/-/1735978/18331728/-/n9rr8pz/-/index.html

This is exactly why I have a small combination safe mounted in both daughter's bedroom closet. If an intruder comes to the house my wife has access to a gun in every bedroom.

captain planet
02-04-2013, 05:01 PM
http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/02/sandy-hook-students-father-youll-have-to-take-my-gun-from-my-cold-dead-hands/

Let's follow his lead.

captain planet
02-04-2013, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTdhVxva5KU

captain planet
02-06-2013, 02:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JdxjinfEPLo#!

JimN
02-06-2013, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JdxjinfEPLo#!

Heavily edited videos are freaking useless. All sides use them and it's a BS way to get people all fired up.

captain planet
02-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Heavily edited videos are freaking useless. All sides use them and it's a BS way to get people all fired up.

It's Judge Napolitano, how is that edited? He is teaching Constitutional Law.....something A LOT of people need to hear.

JimN
02-06-2013, 08:42 PM
It's Judge Napolitano, how is that edited? He is teaching Constitutional Law.....something A LOT of people need to hear.

I don't have a problem with him, I have a problem with videos that flit from one clip to another, leaving out the context of the rest of what happened and was said.

captain planet
02-07-2013, 01:17 PM
I don't have a problem with him, I have a problem with videos that flit from one clip to another, leaving out the context of the rest of what happened and was said.

I see your point and agree. I was more interested with the resistance that is taking place in New York right now.

captain planet
02-07-2013, 01:21 PM
http://www.fox19.com/story/20929607/sheriffs-saying-they-wont-enforce-fed-law-violating-2nd-amen

gid
02-07-2013, 05:37 PM
I saw a story on the evening news where in California they have officers that just go to felons homes and, if they have guns, take the guns as felons are not allowed to have guns. They collected several thousand over a year but are still running behind. Why not, instead of making new laws, just beef up manpower and enforce the ones on the books?
One felon had a 60 cal revolver - huge gun!

GT500 MC
02-08-2013, 11:17 AM
I saw a story on the evening news where in California they have officers that just go to felons homes and, if they have guns, take the guns as felons are not allowed to have guns. They collected several thousand over a year but are still running behind. Why not, instead of making new laws, just beef up manpower and enforce the ones on the books?

Interesting. Although talk about a high-risk venture for those officers....

rjracin240
02-08-2013, 12:54 PM

Latest I have heard is now California will be requiring gun owners to carry liability insurance.

Was listening to a talk show few weeks back, they had a spokesperson for gun control there make a remark about where will it stop, if they have a tank rolling down your street are you going to want a tank as well to match the firepower..........thinking the point is; if tanks are rolling down the street then I want that assault rifle cause the revolution has started.

Thinking a lot of people have forgot the LA riots after the Rodney King case.....definitely would want something with more than 7 bullets to protect my house. Honestly think that our government is coming terribly close to starting a few riots around the country

rjracin240
02-08-2013, 12:56 PM

Been thinking of doing the same thing if this happens in my neighborhood....thinking success for me

captain planet
02-08-2013, 02:25 PM
http://www.fox19.com/story/21079324/rc-cnns-wolf-blitzer-wrong-about-power-of-executive-orders

wolff blitzer is an idiot....

JimN
02-08-2013, 05:00 PM
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/featu...n/2081848359001

captain planet
02-22-2013, 04:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vcr5-QvMdY

Come and take it!!! This should have been played at the SuperBowl.

captain planet
02-25-2013, 01:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Su1S29FO_5w

JimN
02-25-2013, 09:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Su1S29FO_5w

Lots of people here in the MKE area don't like him. MKE and Madison are the main areas where people vote for Democrats and Clarke is conservative. A lot of people give him crap for hating Whites, which is pretty stupid, because his wife is White.

He gets it. Immediately after he made his comment about 911 not being a good choice, the MKE police chief was on TV, talking about the average length of time it takes for a squad to arrive- 23-27 minutes. It's possible to get them to show up faster- tell the 911 operator that the person has/may have a gun.

Double D
02-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Know your rights!! If you don't know these, write them down!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=127946787384326&set=vb.313150198785409&type=2&theater

captain planet
02-28-2013, 02:23 PM
I found this video astounding. piers rolls out the carpet to have his own argument stuffed down his throat. Too bad the proprietor wasn't completely prepared for the interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cFGBCYtNpOg

0:45, 'So why do you want your pizzaria filled with people who are armed to the teeth?' .

Well geez piers, do you think anybody is going to walk in here and rob us when there are people in here who can defend themselves?

piers, what an f'ing idiot!

JimN
02-28-2013, 02:41 PM
I found this video astounding. piers rolls out the carpet to have his own argument stuffed down his throat. Too bad the proprietor wasn't completely prepared for the interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cFGBCYtNpOg

0:45, 'So why do you want your pizzaria filled with people who are armed to the teeth?' .

Well geez piers, do you think anybody is going to walk in here and rob us when there are people in here who can defend themselves?

piers, what an f'ing idiot!

We had a situation here in MKE about 20 years ago- a guy with a gun went into a bar/restaurant and announced that it was a holdup. The problem well, for him anyway- the whole place was full of off-duty MKE cops, having a retirement party for one of the detectives.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-28-2013, 07:24 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/526108_267386973394488_1134808810_n.jpg

JimN
02-28-2013, 09:04 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/526108_267386973394488_1134808810_n.jpg

OK, most shot by a civilian. There were probably quite a few soldiers who were "un-balanced", too. The percentages dictate that.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-28-2013, 09:05 PM
OK, most shot by a civilian. There were probably quite a few soldiers who were "un-balanced", too. The percentages dictate that.

Just thought it was interesting. Including the part about taking away their guns.

DemolitionMan
03-06-2013, 01:55 AM

captain planet
03-06-2013, 07:35 AM

Here is that video. Just when I thought Ron Paul couldn't get any cooler........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ORt_k7LjGDg#!

captain planet
03-12-2013, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0sujnvIV4g4

LTWon
03-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Senate Democrats drop weapons ban. Feinstein said she will attempt to add it as an amendment. But for now it has been killed. :)
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/19/reid-cuts-assault-weapons-ban-from-senate-gun-control-bill-amid-waning-support/

aquaman
03-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Ted Cruz (R) Texas gives Feinstein (D) Calif. a lesson in Consitutional Law. :)

GO Ted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzb9Hs2SmfQ

LTWon
03-19-2013, 04:09 PM

GO Ted.

I enjoy how she spits out her resume instead of answering the question.

aquaman
03-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Correct, because his interpretation of the Constitution was on Target. His explanation was at a 6th graders level......which is why she could not understand it.

He schooled her and she DID not like it at all.

LTWon
03-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Correct, because his interpretation of the Constitution was on Target. His explanation was at a 6th graders level......which is why she could not understand it.

He schooled her and she DID not like it at all.

Of course she didn't. He was on target. She should be treated as a 6th grader given her 1995 60 minutes interview where she states if she had 51 senate votes should would have taken ALL WEAPONS. That would have required an amendment to the Constitution, which would have required 2/3's vote which is greater than 51 senate votes. She is not smarter than a 6th grader.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Senate Democrats drop weapons ban. Feinstein said she will attempt to add it as an amendment. But for now it has been killed. :)
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/19/reid-cuts-assault-weapons-ban-from-senate-gun-control-bill-amid-waning-support/

Nice...........

JimN
03-19-2013, 07:00 PM

GO Ted.

This comment was posted below the link-

"Riddle me this. If this woman has been fighting to get rid of guns for over 20 years doesn't that mean she's been trying to implement something that was against the will of the people in the first place? This means she has not been representing the people that elected her to this public position. She should be removed from her duties based on this! Politicians are elected to be public servants not to become Royalty!"

Darn good points.

JimN
03-19-2013, 07:08 PM

Good! Now, maybe we can buy ammunition- I think the government bought enough already.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-19-2013, 07:16 PM

Good! Now, maybe we can buy ammunition- I think the government bought enough already.

Firearms salesmen aren't going to be happy. At least they will get a little time off now.:rolleyes:

JDC
03-19-2013, 07:23 PM

"Riddle me this. If this woman has been fighting to get rid of guns for over 20 years doesn't that mean she's been trying to implement something that was against the will of the people in the first place? This means she has not been representing the people that elected her to this public position. She should be removed from her duties based on this! Politicians are elected to be public servants not to become Royalty!"

Darn good points.But she gets re-elected time and time again. Each time she is emboldened to do what she wants. Sadly.

GoneBoatN
03-19-2013, 07:28 PM

Darn good points.

What, wasting tax payers time and money to carry on a personal jihad is not ethical behavior for an elected public official; go figure.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-20-2013, 10:36 AM
New Jersey police and Dept. of Children and Families trying to make an end run stonewalled.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/familys-home-raided-over-facebook-photo-of-childs-rifle.html

LTWon
03-20-2013, 12:13 PM
New Jersey police and Dept. of Children and Families trying to make an end run stonewalled.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/familys-home-raided-over-facebook-photo-of-childs-rifle.html

Sickening. Glad they were smart enough to contact a lawyer and not give access to those cops.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Sickening. Glad they were smart enough to contact a lawyer and not give access to those cops.

Unfortunately many people would have just consented without realizing they didn't have to comply with the unreasonable and illegal demand.

captain planet
03-20-2013, 01:42 PM
I enjoy how she spits out her resume instead of answering the question.

She is a despicable human being who has been in office way too long. The bright side to this is she is 79.

captain planet
03-20-2013, 01:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nlNahJZ6f48

Need to support stores like this....

2RLAKE
03-20-2013, 03:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nlNahJZ6f48

Need to support stores like this....

terrific .. i love that girl that called it "rash" i bet she has not even a clue as to who are the three people pictured to the left of Obama ... OK maybe she know their names but i bet she does not have a clue as to what they did to human beings .... what did the three of them kill in genocide alone 50 million?

BrooksfamX2
03-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Check this out, biggest killer of humans.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=0sujnvIV4g4

captain planet
03-29-2013, 03:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TvLdRz5pF7s#!

captain planet
04-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Y'all are disappointing me letting this fall to the second page all the time.

http://lewrockwell.com/sowell/sowell129.html

Guns Save Lives

by Thomas Sowell

We all know that guns can cost lives because the media repeat this message endlessly, as if we could not figure it out for ourselves. But even someone who reads newspapers regularly and watches numerous television newscasts may never learn that guns also save lives – much less see any hard facts comparing how many lives are lost and how many are saved.

But that trade-off is the real issue, not the Second Amendment or the National Rifle Association, which so many in the media obsess about. If guns cost more lives than they save, we can always repeal the Second Amendment. But if guns save more lives than they cost, we need to know that, instead of spending time demonizing the National Rifle Association.

The defensive use of guns is usually either not discussed at all in the media or else is depicted as if it means bullets flying in all directions, like the gunfight at the OK Corral. But most defensive uses of guns do not involve actually pulling the trigger.

If someone comes at you with a knife and you point a gun at him, he is very unlikely to keep coming, and far more likely to head in the other direction, perhaps in some haste, if he has a brain in his head. Only if he is an idiot are you likely to have to pull the trigger. And if he is an idiot with a knife coming after you, you had better have a trigger to pull.

Surveys of American gun owners have found that 4 to 6 percent reported using a gun in self-defense within the previous five years. That is not a very high percentage but, in a country with 300 million people, that works out to hundreds of thousands of defensive uses of guns per year.

Yet we almost never hear about these hundreds of thousands of defensive uses of guns from the media, which will report the killing of a dozen people endlessly around the clock.

The murder of a dozen innocent people is unquestionably a human tragedy. But that is no excuse for reacting blindly by preventing hundreds of thousands of other people from defending themselves against meeting the same fate.

Although most defensive uses of guns do not involve actually shooting, nevertheless the total number of criminals killed by armed private citizens runs into the thousands per year. A gun can also come in handy if a pit bull or some other dangerous animal is after you or your child.

We need to recognize the painful reality that, regardless of what we do or don't do about gun control laws, there will be innocent people killed by guns. We can then look at hard facts in order to decide how we can minimize the number of needless deaths.

But that is not the way the issue is presented by many in politics or the media. Every story about an accidental shooting in the home will be repeated again and again, while a thousand stories about lives saved by defensive uses of a gun will never see the light of day in most newspapers or on most television newscasts.

More children may die in bathtub accidents than in shooting accidents, but you are not likely to read that in most newspapers or see it on television newscasts. Some in the media inflate the number of children killed by counting as children the members of criminal teenage gangs who shoot each other in their turf fights.

Many seize upon statistics which show that Britain has stronger gun control laws than the United States and lower murder rates. Yet they ignore other countries with stronger gun control laws than the United States, but which have much higher murder rates, such as Brazil, Russia and Mexico.

Even in the case of Britain, London had a much lower murder rate than New York during the years after New York State's 1911 Sullivan Law imposed very strict gun control, while anyone could buy a shotgun in London with no questions asked in the 1950s.

Today, virtually the entire law-abiding population of Britain is disarmed – and gun crimes are vastly more common. Gun control laws make crime a safer occupation when victims are unarmed.

The gun control crusade today is like the Prohibition crusade 100 years ago. It is a shared zealotry that binds the self-righteous know-it-alls in a warm fellowship of those who see themselves as fighting on the side of the angels against the forces of evil. It is a lofty role that they are not about to give up for anything so mundane as facts – or even the lives of other people.

JimN
04-03-2013, 08:21 PM
If someone comes at you with a knife and you point a gun at him, he is very unlikely to keep coming, and far more likely to head in the other direction, perhaps in some haste, if he has a brain in his head. Only if he is an idiot are you likely to have to pull the trigger. And if he is an idiot with a knife coming after you, you had better have a trigger to pull.

This guy, apparently, has never talked to a cop about this. They're instructed to shoot if someone with a knife is less than 25' away and advances toward them. Someone who wants to use that knife can cover a helluva lot of ground in a very short time when they're on a mission and they don't always care that the other person has a gun.

captain planet
04-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Hey, I have an idea for a new reality game show!! Forget are you smarter than a 5th grader, ignore are you tougher than a Boy Scout; how about this?, Are politicians smarter than a 15 year old!!!

Here is the first 15 year old they get to go up against.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L_-N9_tnWBo

captain planet
04-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Our 'leaders' moved to put gun restrictions to a vote.

captain planet
04-12-2013, 02:55 PM
(CNN) -- Congress is debating legislation that will limit Americans' right to keep and bear arms and infringe on the right to privacy. The Bill of Rights was made part of our Constitution explicitly to protect freedoms: the freedom of speech, protection against searches without a warrant, the right to trial by jury and the right to protect oneself with a firearm.
I am compelled to stand up for every amendment and right enumerated in the Constitution.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is attempting to push forward with gun control legislation. The chief problem I have is that nothing in this legislation would have prevented the terrible massacre in Newtown, Connecticut. I am open to ideas that would help prevent tragedies, but this legislation would not have saved us from the national heartbreak of the December school shooting.

I oppose legislation that undermines Americans' constitutional right to bear arms. I worry that legislation mandating more regulations on law-abiding citizens will lead to an infringement on the ability to exercise constitutional rights without being subject to government surveillance. I also worry that these efforts will merely disarm the people who follow the law and empower those who ignore it.

Along with Sens. Mike Lee of Utah and Ted Cruz of Texas, I circulated a letter promising to "oppose any legislation that would infringe on the American people's constitutional right to bear arms, or on their ability to exercise this right without being subjected to government surveillance." We have been joined by Sens. Marco Rubio, Jim Inhofe, Jerry Moran, Richard Burr, Ron Johnson, Mike Enzi, James Risch, Mike Crapo, Dan Coats and Pat Roberts. But more senators need to stand up for our Second Amendment rights or the rights will be lost.
Both the left-leaning American Civil Liberties Union and the right-leaning Heritage Foundation have raised privacy concerns about the legislation pending before Congress.
Chris Calabrese of the ACLU was quoted recently saying that he worries about submitted gun control legislation that may lead to the "creation of government databases and collections of personal information on all of us."

David Addington of the Heritage Foundation worries that "loose language" in the submitted legislation may lead to the government keeping "centralized records of who received what guns and where." These are privacy concerns that I share.
Gabby Giffords appreciates guns Obama becomes emotional over gun control Effect of new gun laws on manufacturers
Potentially on the table are new laws that would outlaw firearms and magazines that hold more than 10 rounds as well as require universal background checks, which effectively restrict the right of law-abiding citizens to buy guns at gun shows and give or sell them to friends and family without having to get the government's permission. One version of the legislation pending before the Senate goes so far as to empower the attorney general to tax gun transactions and creates a new felony crime for knowingly failing to report for more than 24 hours that a gun has been lost or stolen.

Legislation being pushed by Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California arbitrarily bans certain weapons. President Barack Obama has conceded that this idea may not pass during a comprehensive gun debate, yet I worry that the idea may come up again once Congress passes the first round of gun control.

Americans exercise their right every day to protect themselves and their families.
Recently, a 14-year-old Phoenix boy shot an armed intruder who broke into his home while he was baby-sitting his three younger siblings. The children were home alone on a Saturday afternoon when an unrecognized woman rang their doorbell.

After the teenager refused to open the door, he heard someone trying to break into the house. The boy hurried his younger siblings upstairs and collected a handgun from his parents' room. When the boy rounded the top of the stairs, a man was standing in the doorway with a gun pointed at him. The boy shot the intruder and possibly saved the lives of his three siblings.

It is terrible that a young boy had to go through this experience, but it is just one example among many of armed citizens protecting themselves and the public from very bad people.
I stood up for the Fourth and Fifth amendments during a filibuster a few weeks ago to address the president's constitutional authority to use drones against American citizens and the limits of executive power.

Now I am prepared to protect the Second Amendment "right of the people to keep and bear arms." I stand ready to stand up for the Sixth Amendment right to a trial by jury, as I will stand up for any other infringement of our Bill of Rights.

Our rights are not subjected to polls. Whether it is popular or not popular, I took an oath to the Constitution, and I am prepared to stand with other senators or alone to protect the freedoms that our Founding Fathers fought to preserve.

onewheat
04-12-2013, 05:39 PM
It's too bad they don't break into more homes with 13 year-old girls like Katelyn on the watch. We'd have a LOT less criminals running around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd4B77PkeaU