PDA

View Full Version : Keyless / Push Button Start - Winter Upgrade Promotional Price!

BrooksfamX2
01-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Need a winter project, how about a Keyless Push Button Start Switch!!

$89 winter upgrade promotional price for TT members :D

I have one and it works great. TT member tr6courg makes them.

http://www.wakeblaster.com/products/Push-Button-Starter

Installation instruction link:

http://www.wakeblaster.com/installation/installing-a-push-button-start-kit

clrussell
01-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Pretty sweet! Work on an older pro star?

Tapatalk

milkmania
01-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Great project!!!

second link needs fixed
http://www.wakeblaster.com/installation/installing-a-push-button-start-kit

BrooksfamX2
01-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Basically, its an electronic control module you mount remotely (under helm or dash) that replaces the key switch. All the wires that were on the switch are connected to the control module and a push button with LED light ring fits into the existing key switch hole.

The module has a cut-off switch that disables the push button. You can also wire the original key as the cut off switch if you prefer. I have just a standard toggle switch hidden under the dash that enables the push button start. That way when I leave the boat, I throw the toggle and no one will be able to start it unless they know where the switch is.

The button toggles between OFF, ACC, ON then back to OFF. To start, you push and hold until the engine fires then one push to kill the engine and go back to ACC. In ACC, the ring light pulses (MacBook heartbeat style) and in ON the light is solid.

Semi-related thread.....

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52293&highlight=push+button+start

;)

Sodar
01-09-2013, 02:25 PM
I asked for one for Christmas, but Santa did not pull through. Maybe this discount will work out for my birthday.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Definitely on my To Do List, just not quite to the top yet.

CantRepeat
01-09-2013, 02:42 PM
I really like the look and function of it and almost talk myself into getting one. The only reason I have not pick one up is out of safety concerns. Yes, I'm the old fuddy-duddy. I didn't know you could use the key as cut off switch with it so that does sound a lot better to me.

Can you turn the ACC on with the kill switch in the off position so the boat cannot be started accidentally?

Sodar
01-09-2013, 02:48 PM
I really like the look and function of it and almost talk myself into getting one. The only reason I have not pick one up is out of safety concerns. Yes, I'm the old fuddy-duddy. I didn't know you could use the key as cut off switch with it so that does sound a lot better to me.

Can you turn the ACC on with the kill switch in the off position so the boat cannot be started accidentally?

Yes. If you do not want the boat to crank, just yank the kill switch. My keys are in the ignition 100% of the time, so I see this as being no more dangerous than that... actually a little safer by having the hidden "kill all" switch.

CantRepeat
01-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Yes. If you do not want the boat to crank, just yank the kill switch. My keys are in the ignition 100% of the time, so I see this as being no more dangerous than that... actually a little safer by having the hidden "kill all" switch.

I guess I should have said toggle switch, the one on the control module.

My keys are in the ignition all the time too, but it seems more likely that someone might push a button rather then turn a key by accident is all.

Sodar
01-09-2013, 03:11 PM
I guess I should have said toggle switch, the one on the control module.

My keys are in the ignition all the time too, but it seems more likely that someone might push a button rather then turn a key by accident is all.

And if they do?? Same thing happens with the key as the button. Safety switch in the shifter does not allow for cranking while in gear. Worst thing that could happen is the motor purrs to life and those on the swim platform get a healthy plume of exhaust! :D

CantRepeat
01-09-2013, 03:20 PM
And if they do?? Same thing happens with the key as the button. Safety switch in the shifter does not allow for cranking while in gear. Worst thing that could happen is the motor purrs to life and those on the swim platform get a healthy plume of exhaust! :D

And maybe a little poo in their swimsuit!! :D:D:D

broncotw
01-09-2013, 03:30 PM
I have the factory keyless ignition on my 93 Stars and Stripes! I love it.......

Sodar
01-09-2013, 03:39 PM

Fish food!

Double D
01-09-2013, 03:45 PM
I want this but don't need it!! Now who can let me borrow $90?? :D:D

mzimme
01-09-2013, 04:00 PM

We've all had a little poo in our swimsuits... :o

Wait... no? I mean...

Crap.

Sodar
01-09-2013, 04:17 PM
I have the factory keyless ignition on my 93 Stars and Stripes! I love it.......

How cool. I had no idea this existed 20 years ago. Any pics?

CantRepeat
01-09-2013, 04:18 PM
How cool. I had no idea this existed 20 years ago. Any pics?

x2

10char

JDC
01-09-2013, 04:20 PM
We've all had a little poo in our swimsuits... :o

Wait... no? I mean...

Crap. Now that was funny.
:uglyhamme

JDC
01-09-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm trying to come up with a reason why I shouldn't get one of these... I just can't think of one. :)

OK I take that back. I replaced the cheap aftermarket switch someone had in it with a new MasterCraft switch and two nice MC keys during last winters garage session. I guess I should get another years use out of it?

pram
01-09-2013, 04:44 PM
I so would like one of these for my boat

Is there a way to get it so that it doesn't have the accessory option?

I do not have anything hooked to my accessories and would prefer that I do not have to push the button twice to turn off the boat

pram
01-09-2013, 04:44 PM
I'm trying to come up with a reason why I shouldn't get one of these... I just can't think of one. :)

OK I take that back. I replaced the cheap aftermarket switch someone had in it with a new MasterCraft switch and two nice MC keys during last winters garage session. I guess I should get another years use out of it?

hmmmmm

nope, not a sounds reason as far as I can see

byronic
01-09-2013, 04:45 PM
I like,I like. My key hasn't been out of the ignition in twenty five years, except the one time every year I misplace the fuel tank wrench and I use ignition key head to open it. But then what would I do with the foam MC star key fob? Maybe I could put it on the fuel tank wrench so I could keep track of that.

Double D
01-09-2013, 05:01 PM
I like,I like. My key hasn't been out of the ignition in twenty five years, except the one time every year I misplace the fuel tank wrench and I use ignition key head to open it. But then what would I do with the foam MC star key fob? Maybe I could put it on the fuel tank wrench so I could keep track of that.

Oh man, valid points there! If I didn't have my key sticking out of the ignition what would I do with my fuel tank wrench, my "Chevy" lanyard, and my "Hooters" floaty...... :confused::confused:

thatsmrmastercraft
01-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Oh man, valid points there! If I didn't have my key sticking out of the ignition what would I do with my fuel tank wrench, my "Chevy" lanyard, and my "Hooters" floaty...... :confused::confused:

I know where you could put your chebby lanyard:rolleyes::D:D

CantRepeat
01-09-2013, 05:12 PM

My wife carries the hooter floats with here everywhere. :D

thatsmrmastercraft
01-09-2013, 05:18 PM

But you don't attach keys to them, do you?:rolleyes:

Double D
01-09-2013, 05:23 PM

Do you keep your keys between them? :D

broncotw
01-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Here are some pictures of the Keyless Ignition that came stock on my 1993 Prostar 190 Stars and Stripes..... It's on the left side of the console and to the left of the clock....

CruisinGA
01-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Looks similar to the Nautique push button start- combination code I guess?

tr6coug
01-09-2013, 06:01 PM
I so would like one of these for my boat

Is there a way to get it so that it doesn't have the accessory option?

I do not have anything hooked to my accessories and would prefer that I do not have to push the button twice to turn off the boat

PRAM

No problem. I can remove the "ACC" position so you would go from OFF >> ON >> OFF. Still a long press to start and a momentary press to kill the engine.

tr6coug
01-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Looks similar to the Nautique push button start- combination code I guess?

Nope, no code to enter. There is a system-enable/disable cut-off switch that you mount under the dash. When enabled the push button start is active, when disabled, no one can power on or start the boat. Here is a diagram of the system:

http://www.wakeblaster.com/images/15.jpg

medicmoose
01-09-2013, 06:13 PM
But you don't attach keys to them, do you?:rolleyes:

I suppose a nipple ring can double as a key ring in a pinch!

CC2MC
01-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Nope, no code to enter. There is a system-enable/disable cut-off switch that you mount under the dash. When enabled the push button start is active, when disabled, no one can power on or start the boat. Here is a diagram of the system:

http://www.wakeblaster.com/images/15.jpg

I think he meant on the 93 SS boat being similar to the Nautique.

I like the push button and would like to get one, especially at that price. However, I have two children's birthdays coming up that take precedence over me.

CantRepeat
01-09-2013, 06:53 PM
PRAM

No problem. I can remove the "ACC" position so you would go from OFF >> ON >> OFF. Still a long press to start and a momentary press to kill the engine.

Can you program the hold time on the start? How long do you have press hold programmed as default start?

So default operation is one press ACC, second longer press is start, quick press is off?

Sodar
01-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Can you program the hold time on the start? How long do you have press hold programmed as default start?

So default operation is one press ACC, second longer press is start, quick press is off?

Good question!

Also, what happens if the boat does not start on the initial button push. Do you have to cycle around again through OFF-ACC- START to try to start the boat for a second time?

CantRepeat
01-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Good question!

Also, what happens if the boat does not start on the initial button push. Do you have to cycle around again through OFF-ACC- START to try to start the boat for a second time?

Likewise, if it is running and you do the quick press off I assume it goes to off and you have to press again to go back to ACC??

tr6coug
01-09-2013, 07:56 PM

To start, you hold the button down for 1.2 seconds before it cranks. This is short enough to start quickly but long enough to not start if you accidentally push the button. I can reduce as far as 0.5 sec or increase it to whatever you would want.

The starter will crank as long as you hold the button just like a key would.

It operates like this:

short button presses cycle through the key positions:
OFF > ACC > ON > OFF

From any of those positions, a long press will START and when you release it goes to ON. A momentary button push kills the engine and it goes to ACC. That way when you kill the engine your radio does not cut-out. At that point you are back in the OFF>ACC>ON cycle and a long press will re-start.

Good question!

If it does not start when you crank it, then when you release the button it goes back to ON. At that point, you have to cycle it to OFF or ACC before you can restart. This was necessary to prevent you from being able to crank the engine if its already running.

I took a video last summer. I'll Youtube it and post a link.

clrussell
01-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Definitely on the to do list! I need to start ordering parts.. Spring will be here before I get done if I don't!

Tapatalk

CantRepeat
01-09-2013, 08:30 PM
To start, you hold the button down for 1.2 seconds before it cranks. This is short enough to start quickly but long enough to not start if you accidentally push the button. I can reduce as far as 0.5 sec or increase it to whatever you would want.

The starter will crank as long as you hold the button just like a key would.

It operates like this:

short button presses cycle through the key positions:
OFF > ACC > ON > OFF

From any of those positions, a long press will START and when you release it goes to ON. A momentary button push kills the engine and it goes to ACC. That way when you kill the engine your radio does not cut-out. At that point you are back in the OFF>ACC>ON cycle and a long press will re-start.

If it does not start when you crank it, then when you release the button it goes back to ON. At that point, you have to cycle it to OFF or ACC before you can restart. This was necessary to prevent you from being able to crank the engine if its already running.

I took a video last summer. I'll Youtube it and post a link.

So in the off position you can just press and hold for the 1.2 and it will start bypassing the ACC? That is a very cool feature!!!

The double start engagement prevention is a great feature too. It shows you put some real thought into the programming.

I'm really liking this upgrade now.

tr6coug
01-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Likewise, if it is running and you do the quick press off I assume it goes to off and you have to press again to go back to ACC??

A quick press from running goes to ACC. I did this to keep the radio going when you kill the engine.

tr6coug
01-09-2013, 08:33 PM
So in the off position you can just press and hold for the 1.2 and it will start bypassing the ACC? That is a very cool feature!!!

The double start engagement prevention is a great feature too. It shows you put some real thought into the programming.

I'm really liking this upgrade now.

All correct! Thanks!

CantRepeat
01-09-2013, 09:16 PM
All correct! Thanks!

OK, I just placed my order but I would like you to program the start delay to 2.5 seconds. I'm gonna send you a PM with my paypal email so you know which order is mine.

And thanks for the TT member discount!! Happy New Year!

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
01-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Can you make the led ring red in color?

BrooksfamX2
01-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Can you make the led ring red in color?

Yes, mine is red.......

You can choose, RED, BLUE or GREEN

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
01-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Yes, mine is red.......

Sweet, I'll order one on friday...

BrooksfamX2
01-09-2013, 09:39 PM
I had (and still have) this in my boat all last season and it works great...........no keys to worry about. Hidden switch disables the system.

BrooksfamX2
01-09-2013, 09:41 PM
BTW, the WAKEBLASTER volume control works great also...hint, hint.....made by tr6coug also, we tested it for almost 3 years before offering to the public.

www.wakeblaster.com

ZachDaddy
01-09-2013, 09:58 PM
OMG....OMG!!!!!!
I had no idea that the timers could be reworked!!!!! Grrr I just installed 3 of the programable timers I got for Christmas..GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'm so mad I cant type!!!

Double D
01-09-2013, 10:04 PM
All correct! Thanks!

tr6coug, this really has my interest. brooks said that your old key switch can be used as the dead man switch so it's still disabled with a key. How does this get mounted in the box or around the box? Any pictures or diagrams on that?

Thanks, awesome work!

Sent from my wife's old iPad using Tapatalk....

g-mantrix
01-09-2013, 10:09 PM
a great idea, love the button starts. May be able to get 1 or 2 other MC owners interested in this , but will you ship to Australia? I can do it a 1 order if its simpler....hoping you will!
btw...I will pay via paypal

ZachDaddy
01-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Is the WakeBlaster volume control unit and the Boost Box made by the same person??

tr6coug
01-09-2013, 11:25 PM
tr6coug, this really has my interest. brooks said that your old key switch can be used as the dead man switch so it's still disabled with a key. How does this get mounted in the box or around the box? Any pictures or diagrams on that?

Thanks, awesome work!

Thanks! I used the key switch initially as the cut-off switch and had it mounted under the dash zip-tied to the aluminum dash supports. This worked fine, but I found the toggle switch to be more convenient. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the key switch mounting.

You would wire the key switch so that the negative connection (e.g. from the cig lighter negative) would connect to the IGN or ACC position of the switch and the line to the control module would connect to the BATT terminal. Like this.

tr6coug
01-09-2013, 11:27 PM
a great idea, love the button starts. May be able to get 1 or 2 other MC owners interested in this , but will you ship to Australia? I can do it a 1 order if its simpler....hoping you will!
btw...I will pay via paypal

Sure, no problem. PM or email me and we can work out the shipping.

Double D
01-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Thanks! I used the key switch initially as the cut-off switch and had it mounted under the dash zip-tied to the aluminum dash supports. This worked fine, but I found the toggle switch to be more convenient. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the key switch mounting.

You would wire the key switch so that the negative connection (e.g. from the cig lighter negative) would connect to the IGN or ACC position of the switch and the line to the control module would connect to the BATT terminal. Like this.

Thanks, so if I choose to use the key I have to find a place to mount it? There is no place on or in your control box to do this?

How big is the control box?

tr6coug
01-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Is the WakeBlaster volume control unit and the Boost Box made by the same person??

No, the WakeBlaster is my design. Yeah, I know they look similar.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-09-2013, 11:37 PM
It appears to get the MCOCD seal of approval.

blackTT
01-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Does anyone know if they will ship to Australia? Been along time since I've been this excited

tr6coug
01-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Thanks, so if I choose to use the key I have to find a place to mount it? There is no place on or in your control box to do this?

How big is the control box?

Yeah, you'll need to find a convenient location that you can access and get the key into.
The control box is about 5"x7"x1.5". See Below.

Here is a link to the install instructions (http://www.wakeblaster.com/file_download/1/WakeBlaster-Pushbutton-Start-Instructions.pdf):

thatsmrmastercraft
01-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Does anyone know if they will ship to Australia? Been along time since I've been this excited

Send a PM to tr6coug with the question.

tr6coug
01-10-2013, 02:19 AM

Australia is fine, but PM me so I can get you a shipping cost.

Double D
01-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Yeah, you'll need to find a convenient location that you can access and get the key into.
The control box is about 5"x7"x1.5". See Below.

Here is a link to the install instructions (http://www.wakeblaster.com/file_download/1/WakeBlaster-Pushbutton-Start-Instructions.pdf):

tr5coug, thanks for the detail. Appreciate it. How long is the TT sale for $89 going? Got some other things to pay for first.... :(

erervin
01-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Just sent in my order for my '05 PS 197.

blakekrone
01-10-2013, 12:02 PM
tr5coug, thanks for the detail. Appreciate it. How long is the TT sale for $89 going? Got some other things to pay for first.... :(

Curious as to how long the sale is going on for as well and what the normal price is.

shunra
01-10-2013, 01:26 PM
A quick press from running goes to ACC. I did this to keep the radio going when you kill the engine.

Have you ever considered programing it so that a long press from running takes you directly to OFF? For me that would be a nice feature when I shut it off at the doc, plus I don't have my stereo wired to ACC

tr6coug
01-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Curious as to how long the sale is going on for as well and what the normal price is.

I'll run the sale through 1/21. Non-promo price is $110.

Have you ever considered programing it so that a long press from running takes you directly to OFF? For me that would be a nice feature when I shut it off at the doc, plus I don't have my stereo wired to ACC

No, but that is an interesting idea. I'll take a look at that, I don't think it would be very hard to add that. Thanks! :)

CantRepeat
01-10-2013, 03:12 PM

No, but that is an interesting idea. I'll take a look at that, I don't think it would be very hard to add that. Thanks! :)

That's a nice idea. One quick press while running takes you to ACC and radio keeps playing and one long press takes you to off and shuts off completely bypassing the ACC.

I'd like that if you are going to making that change and I don't mind waiting on my order to do so. It's not like I'm going to go boating in the next couple of months!!

milkmania
01-10-2013, 03:19 PM
That's a nice idea. One quick press while running takes you to ACC and radio keeps playing and one long press takes you to off and shuts off completely bypassing the ACC.

I'd like that if you are going to making that change and I don't mind waiting on my order to do so. It's not like I'm going to go boating in the next couple of months!!

I could see the usefulness in going directly to OFF
let's say you were listening to the tunes loudly with a skier/wakeboarder/tuber/etc... you come around to pick them up, you press the button to kill engine, but the tunes are still blaring because it went to ACC instead of OFF.
That would be very distracting to communicate with person in water.
:twocents:

in my particular situation, I have a very difficult time hearing with background noise/distractions:(

shunra
01-10-2013, 03:46 PM

No problem. Let me know if you decide to go this way. I think I'd order one.

pram
01-10-2013, 03:56 PM
I have one other idea,

what about a momentary push and the motor cranks until it fires?

that is how it is in my truck, I just turn the key, let it go and it cranks until it starts

now this would really only be useful for boats that are injected I would think

so a no accessory, push once to start the motor turning over and it turns over until it starts

blakekrone
01-10-2013, 04:05 PM

Is that something that can be programmed after the fact as well? Would be nice if we can do an update on our own.

Sodar
01-10-2013, 04:16 PM

When did the prices go up? Last I looked they were $99. :confused:

tr6coug
01-10-2013, 05:09 PM
I have one other idea,

what about a momentary push and the motor cranks until it fires?

that is how it is in my truck, I just turn the key, let it go and it cranks until it starts

now this would really only be useful for boats that are injected I would think

so a no accessory, push once to start the motor turning over and it turns over until it starts

That would be cool and I would like to do it like that, but... there is no "engine running" feedback. So, you need to hold until it fires. I could do a momentary push and then crank for x seconds, but I just don't think it would be reliable across all the different engines that are out there.

I expect your truck senses the tach so it knows when its running then cuts off the starter.

tr6coug
01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
When did the prices go up? Last I looked they were $99. :confused:

Yeah, unfortunately the the supplier I was getting the base PCBs from no longer stocks them so I have to go with another supplier and they are $10 more :(. I won't change the price until I'm through the first batch though.

pram
01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
could you pull signal from the tach so that it knows that it fires?

tr6coug
01-10-2013, 05:42 PM
could you pull signal from the tach so that it knows that it fires?

Yes I think so, I haven't tried that though. My boat's gauges all use a digital signal so I don't have an actual "tach" signal in the dash. I'm not sure what year MC went to digital gauges, but it might have been when they went from MEFI 4 to MEFI 5.

ahhudgins
01-10-2013, 05:51 PM
As much as Id like to install one, the first time I got behind the boat and my wife pushed the button too long or too short, I can predict the same argument we still have over her operation of the satellite remote. The ignition key has worked perfectly in our marriage the last 24 years.:rolleyes:

BrooksfamX2
01-10-2013, 05:57 PM
tr6courg...I see that there is an opportunity for a custom programming charge for not default features... :rolleyes:

pram
01-10-2013, 06:02 PM
tr6courg...I see that there is an opportunity for a custom programming charge for not default features... :rolleyes:

hey hey hey now, hold your horses there sonny, zip it up a bit wouldyah :D

I have an old style tach in my boat, and a push until it starts with no accessory would be a seller for me

tr6coug
01-10-2013, 06:03 PM

Ha Ha, I don't mind doing small changes to press-timing or OFF vs. ACC, etc.

Thanks for all the ideas

I posted a video of the button start. I didn't actually start it because I was on the driveway at the time. First press goes to ACC, second press to ON, then Start, then to OFF. This was before I changed it to go to ACC from running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHlFNiKwnuw

LaRue
01-10-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm in. Great idea and appreciate the discount and clear information

I will order early next week and if possible, i would like the original timing program with the option of 1 short push while running to bring me to ACC and one long push while running to take me to off (if this is possible)

I'm assuming you want order to come through website and not through PM on TT?

CantRepeat
01-10-2013, 07:25 PM

You must be getting a kick back or something. :rolleyes: Why would it even matter to you? Last I check I'm not buy jack **** from you.

BrooksfamX2
01-10-2013, 08:48 PM
You must be getting a kick back or something. :rolleyes: Why would it even matter to you? Last I check I'm not buy jack **** from you.

It was my idea to do these two years ago while tr6coug and I were camping on the coast in January. I have a prototype in my boat. I market them, he builds and sells them.

Oh, and no, I am getting nothing for these at all. Just a friend helping a friend......

BTW, thanks for your kind words..........;)

CantRepeat
01-10-2013, 08:59 PM
It was my idea to do this these two years ago while tr6coug and I were camping on the coast in January. I have a prototype in my boat.

You are a DICK sir, but I'm sure I'm not the first to tell you..........

Oh, and no, I am getting nothing for these at all.

/golfclap

CantRepeat
01-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Too slow on the edit.

BrooksfamX2
01-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Too slow on the edit.

Just needed it there long enough for you to see it................

CantRepeat
01-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Just needed it there long enough for you to see it................

Whatever man.

I fail to see how you having one in your boat would matter what I or other people want in our boats. If the guy that is making them and selling them doesn't care then why would it matter to you? Are you out something? Is it going mean you have to put in more hours making something? What difference does it make in your life?

NONE.. and I'm the dick because I called you out on it? If you're gonna say something be a man and stick to it.

BrooksfamX2
01-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Whatever man.

I fail to see how you having one in your boat would matter what I or other people want in our boats. If the guy that is making them and selling them doesn't care then why would it matter to you? Are you out something? Is it going mean you have to put in more hours making something? What difference does it make in your life?

NONE.. and I'm the dick because I called you out on it? If you're gonna say something be a man and stick to it.

Uh...I might just be the one assembling yours........:D

CantRepeat
01-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Uh...I might just be the one assembling yours........:D

Good, I'll be sure to cancel the order in the morning.

/golfclap

I just got off the phone with perfect pass and had them make me a new firmware for my system... are you mad more?

BrooksfamX2
01-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Whatever man.

What he said^

CantRepeat
01-10-2013, 09:16 PM
What he said^

You sound upset.

Sodar
01-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Tim, remember what I said?!?! Easy boy!

CantRepeat
01-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Tim, remember what I said?!?! Easy boy!

I'm not the one calling people a DICK. ;)

Hecker
01-10-2013, 09:21 PM
You guys are funny!

CantRepeat
01-10-2013, 09:23 PM
You guys are funny!

No, tbh, it's really pretty lame.

onewheat
01-10-2013, 10:26 PM
:confused: Read this several times - I don't get it? :confused:

pram
01-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Holy how about some hugging and koombayah

JDC
01-11-2013, 06:02 AM
Seemed like it was all fun and games until post 81. I must have missed the offensive part before.

CantRepeat
01-11-2013, 06:43 AM
Can't wall just get along? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0)

Barefooter92
01-11-2013, 07:12 AM
Lets get back on Thread here...

I did not see an answer on how long the TT price will last? Although the web price is the same as listed here on TT.

I'll be calling fo one.

BrianM
01-11-2013, 07:58 AM
He said price was good until 1/21

Double D
01-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Seemed like it was all fun and games until post 81. I must have missed the offensive part before.

Nothing offensive prior to that. You didn't miss anything.

BrooksfamX2
01-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Lets get back on Thread here......

I started this thread for one reason, to offer these cool kits to TT members at a sale price. Mission accomplished :D

BTW, These will work in other vehicles with a standard key switch, like dune buggies and other off road machines, your hot rod project, etc............:cool:

clrussell
01-11-2013, 10:12 AM
^ very cool.. I'd like to have em on a couple things.. Only if I had money

Tapatalk

CantRepeat
01-11-2013, 11:34 AM
I started this thread for one reason, to offer these cool kits to TT members at a sale price. Mission accomplished :D

BTW, These will work in other vehicles with a standard key switch, like dune buggies and other off road machines, your hot rod project, etc............:cool:

Yeah, and then I and a couple of other members ask about some small changes in the programming. For some unknown reason this was a problem for you. You felt compelled to :rolleyes: let everyone know it. Then went on to some nice passive-aggressive (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive%E2%80%93aggressive_behavior) behavior about it. :D

I'm sure everyone here, including me, is happy for the TT Member discount. I am also very happy that Erik is kind enough to offer some changes from the default behavior at no cost.

CruisinGA
01-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Yeah, and then I and a couple of other members ask about some small changes in the programming. For some unknown reason this was a problem for you. You felt compelled to :rolleyes: let everyone know it. Then went on to some nice passive-aggressive (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive%E2%80%93aggressive_behavior) behavior about it. :D

I'm sure everyone here, including me, is happy for the TT Member discount. I am also very happy that Erik is kind enough to offer some changes from the default behavior at no cost.

Dude... give it a rest.

:rolleyes:

CantRepeat
01-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Dude... give it a rest.

:rolleyes:

Roll Tide!! :D

BrooksfamX2
01-11-2013, 12:32 PM
........ For some unknown reason this was a problem for you..

not a problem for me, you just missunderstood the comment..........:(

tr6coug
01-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Wow, I go away for an evening and look what happened!

Update: I looked at the long-push-to-OFF idea and I think I will be able to do that, but I need to do some testing and make sure it doesn't have any un-intended consequences.

In the mean time, I'm happy to modify the control module code to change start press time as CR requested, or to change the behavior from running-to-ACC or running-to-OFF. I prefer running-to-ACC just because I like the radio to stay on when I kill the engine, but even if its running-to-OFF, your only a single button push to ACC.

Also, I have black bezel buttons or bright silver bezel buttons each with red, green or blue ring lights. I'll find a picture of the different buttons and post them.

CantRepeat
01-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Wow, I go away for an evening and look what happened!

Update: I looked at the long-push-to-OFF idea and I think I will be able to do that, but I need to do some testing and make sure it doesn't have any un-intended consequences.

In the mean time, I'm happy to modify the control module code to change start press time as CR requested, or to change the behavior from running-to-ACC or running-to-OFF. I prefer running-to-ACC just because I like the radio to stay on when I kill the engine, but even if its running-to-OFF, your only a single button push to ACC.

Also, I have black bezel buttons or bright silver bezel buttons each with red, green or blue ring lights. I'll find a picture of the different buttons and post them.

Excellent Erik!

I do not mind delaying shipping on my order for you to do testing. Take as much time as you need and again thanks for going out of your way on this!!

CantRepeat
01-11-2013, 12:56 PM
not a problem for me, you just missunderstood the comment..........:(

If that's the case I'll eat some crow.

SkiDog
01-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Excellent Erik!

I do not mind delaying shipping on my order for you to do testing. Take as much time as you need and again thanks for going out of your way on this!!

Did I not just read that you were canceling your order? Now you're waiting to order cause of some change in the programming. WTH! I'm all confoozed now!:confused::confused::confused:

CantRepeat
01-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Did I not just read that you were canceling your order? Now you're waiting to order cause of some change in the programming. WTH! I'm all confoozed now!:confused::confused::confused:

Are you drinking on the job? :D:D

BrooksfamX2
01-11-2013, 01:48 PM
I'll find a picture ............

Heres a nice picture.........:D

CantRepeat
01-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Hey Erik,

Sent you a PM, please just cancel my order.

Thanks,
Tim

Bouyhead
01-11-2013, 08:09 PM
I know I'm not supposed to get it but it doesn't help, I DON'T GET IT!!

SkiDog
01-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Hey Erik,

Thanks,
Tim

Are you kidding me!?!?!?!? ***? You're worse than a damn PMS'ing women!:shocked::shocked::shocked: After ALL that! Damn!

CantRepeat
01-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Are you kidding me!?!?!?!? ***? You're worse than a damn PMS'ing women!:shocked::shocked::shocked: After ALL that! Damn!

It's Friday, are you already drunk?? I couldn't pass up the doubledog dare.

ski_king
01-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Will this work on an older carbed boat?

Hey Erik,

Thanks,
Tim
This thread sure took a turn. Looks line somebody didn't get there bipolar meds refilled.

tr6coug
01-12-2013, 02:12 AM
Will this work on an older carbed boat?

Yes, it really only replaces the key switch, so it will work on a carb'd boat.

tr6coug
01-12-2013, 02:17 AM
Hey Erik,

Thanks,
Tim

No Problem... Cancelled.

milkmania
01-12-2013, 02:24 AM
well, that was funhttp://68.178.167.89/smf/Smileys/default/munch.gif

Maristar210
01-12-2013, 06:56 AM
I see nothing much has changed around here:uglyhamme

ski_king
01-12-2013, 09:47 AM
I am a little concerned about accidently leaving the ignition on accidently. The key is easy to see if it is vertical. How well does the LED showup in bright sunlight?

SkiDog
01-12-2013, 10:36 AM
I see nothing much has changed around here:uglyhamme

Whats up Stevie?!:cool:

DooSPX
01-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Very interested. Might have to put off Getting my new JL's and amp to replace my pioneers. Sounds pretty neat!

JDC
01-12-2013, 11:06 AM
What's the warranty on this Keyless / Push Button Start? I was thinking about how PCBs are coated for marine use in radios and got to thinking how this would hold up, then wondered about the warranty.

I really like the idea of adding the long push to completely off. I like the quick push to go from Run to Accy also so I wouldn't want to give up one for the other. Let us know if you're able to add that feature after your testing.

I'll probably order one then, even if the sale has ended. An extra $20 to get it with that benefit is worth it to me. Of course I could order it now and wait, if you'll allow that. :)

Thanks,
Jeff

tr6coug
01-12-2013, 01:05 PM
What's the warranty on this Keyless / Push Button Start? I was thinking about how PCBs are coated for marine use in radios and got to thinking how this would hold up, then wondered about the warranty.

I really like the idea of adding the long push to completely off. I like the quick push to go from Run to Accy also so I wouldn't want to give up one for the other. Let us know if you're able to add that feature after your testing.

I'll probably order one then, even if the sale has ended. An extra $20 to get it with that benefit is worth it to me. Of course I could order it now and wait, if you'll allow that. :)

Thanks,
Jeff

The warranty is one year. The boards are protected with an acrylic conformal coating which is the same type of coating used on marine electronics like amps and radios.

Sure, you can order now and I'll hold it until the long-push is done.

tr6coug
01-12-2013, 01:11 PM
I am a little concerned about accidently leaving the ignition on accidently. The key is easy to see if it is vertical. How well does the LED showup in bright sunlight?

The blue and green are brighter in sun than the red but you can still see it. You could also look at the volt meter to see if its on.

JDC
01-12-2013, 02:43 PM
The warranty is one year. The boards are protected with an acrylic conformal coating which is the same type of coating used on marine electronics like amps and radios.

Sure, you can order now and I'll hold it until the long-push is done.Thanks.

Now to decide on Blue, Green, or Red light, and Chrome or Black ring.
I was thinking Red at first to match my (not so red anymore) horn button on the other side, but then my wife said what about Green for Go? :D

Any opinions?

tr6coug
01-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Personally, I'd go with Silver / Green, but here is a pic of a Silver / Red one installed.

http://img.tapatalk.com/62edb777-deb3-5ec1.jpg

Silver / Red, Green, Blue

thatsmrmastercraft
01-12-2013, 04:39 PM
Thanks.

Now to decide on Blue, Green, or Red light, and Chrome or Black ring.
I was thinking Red at first to match my (not so red anymore) horn button on the other side, but then my wife said what about Green for Go? :D

Any opinions?

Would your wife be able to figure out that she would have to hit the green/go button to stop it?:rolleyes:

JDC
01-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Yea, she's pretty smart like that. ;)

thatsmrmastercraft
01-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Yea, she's pretty smart like that. ;)

Sounds like you must have picked a good one.

LaRue
01-14-2013, 01:16 PM
ordered.

tr6coug...sent you a pm.

I went with black button and blue light. Best choice?

tr6coug
01-14-2013, 11:38 PM
ordered.

tr6coug...sent you a pm.

I went with black button and blue light. Best choice?

Yes, I think so. I would match the button bezel to the rings on the gauges. Thanks! :D

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
01-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Yes, I think so. I would match the button bezel to the rings on the gauges. Thanks! :D

So is the bezel round like on the website or hex like your pic in post #130?

tr6coug
01-15-2013, 07:04 PM
So is the bezel round like on the website or hex like your pic in post #130?

Good catch. The button's bezel is round the nut is hex. In the picture in #130 its hard to tell. Here is a pic of a black button that shows it better.

epnault
01-15-2013, 08:37 PM
I just got the 2013 catalogue in the mail and your ignition button looks identical to the MC OEM one.

FancySauceRules
01-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Just ordered mine, excited for one last winter project!

JDC
01-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Question...
Does a long push from Off or Accy, engage the starter?
I see in your video example that a long push from Run (w/engine off), engages the starter; I was just wondering if you can go straight to starter engage from Off or Accy?

Then I was thinking that programming this to go to full off from Run (w/engine running) with a long push, would need a signal that it's running. Otherwise a long push from Run would engage the starter, again. Am I seeing this correctly?

Thanks

Barefooter92
01-18-2013, 07:11 AM
Ordering mine right now! Got to keep the ole girl updated!

tr6coug
01-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Long push from OFF, ACC, or ON will engage the starter. To re-engage the starter, you have to drop back to OFF or ACC first.

Since there is no "engine running" signal, the control module assumes that the engine is running if the starter has been engaged (even just momentarily). This prevents you from engaging the starter again unless it is cycled to OFF or ACC.

The video isn't a complete demonstration. I made that last summer just to show a friend which is why I didn't actually start the boat and go through all of the sequences. I'll make a more complete video once I de-winterize :D.

Question...
Does a long push from Off or Accy, engage the starter?
I see in your video example that a long push from Run (w/engine off), engages the starter; I was just wondering if you can go straight to starter engage from Off or Accy?

Then I was thinking that programming this to go to full off from Run (w/engine running) with a long push, would need a signal that it's running. Otherwise a long push from Run would engage the starter, again. Am I seeing this correctly?

Thanks

tr6coug
01-20-2013, 03:41 AM
I have the long-push to OFF change working and tested.

So, now while the engine is running, a single momentary push will kill the engine and put you in accessory, or a long push greater than 2 sec. will kill the engine and go directly to OFF.

JDC
01-20-2013, 11:43 AM
... Since there is no "engine running" signal, the control module assumes that the engine is running if the starter has been engaged (even just momentarily). This prevents you from engaging the starter again unless it is cycled to OFF or ACC. ...Ah... very cool!
Nice damage prevention feature. Thanks for the explanation. :toast:

JDC
01-20-2013, 11:59 AM
I have the long-push to OFF change working and tested.

So, now while the engine is running, a single momentary push will kill the engine and put you in accessory, or a long push greater than 2 sec. will kill the engine and go directly to OFF.Awesome! Thank you. Ordered silver/green.

I saw the $15 shipping and wondered how you ship these?

blakekrone
01-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Ordered mine as well, is there any sort of order status or ability to check shipping? Not that it's a big deal as I don't have the boat home with me but just wondering.

Thanks!

tr6coug
01-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Ordered mine as well, is there any sort of order status or ability to check shipping? Not that it's a big deal as I don't have the boat home with me but just wondering.

Thanks!

Cool, Thanks!

You should get a notification when it is shipped but you can always email me for a status.

tr6coug
01-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Thanks to everyone who has ordered.

The first orders are going out Tuesday via priority mail, so you should start seeing them arrive soon.

tr6coug
01-22-2013, 02:52 PM
After some careful consideration, I decided to make a few changes to the function of the push-button starter. These changes are intended to make starting the boat a more deliberate act and also to improve security.

So, you will only be able to start the boat when the ignition is ON, not from OFF or ACC.

Also, instead of a toggle cut-off switch, you will need to use the original key-switch as the cut-off switch.

These are minor changes, but I just wanted everyone to be aware of the changes since it is slightly different than I quoted before.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-22-2013, 03:11 PM
After some careful consideration, I decided to make a few changes to the function of the push-button starter. These changes are intended to make starting the boat a more deliberate act and also to improve security.

So, you will only be able to start the boat when the ignition is ON, not from OFF or ACC.

Also, instead of a toggle cut-off switch, you will need to use the original key-switch as the cut-off switch.

These are minor changes, but I just wanted everyone to be aware of the changes since it is slightly different than I quoted before.

Not sure I would be in favor of that change as I would be placing the push-button-starter in the original key location. I suppose I could then relocate the original key switch.

blakekrone
01-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Not sure I would be in favor of that change as I would be placing the push-button-starter in the original key location. I suppose I could then relocate the original key switch.

There's no brains in the key so you could still use a toggle if you want. I'm imagining the key is simply acting as a more secure toggle switch.

tr6coug
01-22-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm imagining the key is simply acting as a more secure toggle switch.

Exactly!

JDC
01-22-2013, 05:44 PM

These are minor changes, but I just wanted everyone to be aware of the changes since it is slightly different than I quoted before.So... now I have to push the button 3 times to start the boat, correct?

1st push = Accy
2nd push = On
3rd push = Crank

That may be a minor change in programming, but a big difference in how the system operates... IMO.

Sodar
01-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Even one additional push of the button has got me out. I like the long hold to start from off and a short presses to go to ACC & ON.

Lawyers get in your ear, tr6coug?

LaRue
01-22-2013, 06:29 PM
I agree. Unless my order from last week results in original item being shipped as described, I would like to cancel order since item description has changed. Sorry if this causes confusion but I don't want to push the button 3 times to start

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
01-22-2013, 06:46 PM

perhaps you can post a video explaining the "new" process, or is it just like the process you show on your site video,I am now on the fence, have you shipped any units out yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZHlFNiKwnuw

tr6coug
01-22-2013, 07:05 PM
Even one additional push of the button has got me out. I like the long hold to start from off and a short presses to go to ACC & ON.

Lawyers get in your ear, tr6coug?

Yes, exactly. They ruin all the fun!

The method to start from OFF now is two momentary pushes and then a long push to start. Or if your in ACC then one momentary push and then a long push to start. This is the same as was shown in the video.

If this changes anyone's mind on the order, just PM me. I haven't shipped any yet, so I don't mind sending a refund.

Skyskiguy
01-22-2013, 08:29 PM

The method to start from OFF now is two momentary pushes and then a long push to start. Or if your in ACC then one momentary push and then a long push to start. This is the same as was shown in the video.

If this changes anyone's mind on the order, just PM me. I haven't shipped any yet, so I don't mind sending a refund.

Why the change? Push to start from off is no different than in a new car with push button start.

tr6coug
01-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Mainly the concern that anyone with a finger (e.g. little kids) could start the boat. A car is different, you need more conditions to start, like have the key on you then press the brake AND push the button. Having a deliberate sequence like 1 or 2 quick pushes, then one long push is safer than just a push and hold.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
01-22-2013, 08:38 PM

what about while engine running, one push to turn off?

blakekrone
01-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Mainly the concern that anyone with a finger (e.g. little kids) could start the boat. A car is different, you need more conditions to start, like have the key on you then press the brake AND push the button. Having a deliberate sequence like 1 or 2 quick pushes, then one long push is safer than just a push and hold.

problem is that theory doesn't hold true, a kid is going to press the button like crazy if not controlled and could inadvertently still hit the sequence.

I would rather see it in the original format and rely upon the lanyard as the safety device. Don't penalize smart people because of dumb people. If you know you are going to be relaxing swimming by the boat, pull the lanyard and you are safe from accidental kid presses.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-22-2013, 09:03 PM
I can see the legal issues involved. I had already planned to mount a rotary switch under the starboard side of the dash to disable the push-button switch, but you can't expect everyone to make it safe enough to make the attorneys happy. My thoughts on the rotary switch was so it couldn't inadvertently be turned off while in operation where a rocker switch could.

Skyskiguy
01-23-2013, 01:15 AM

Is a kid (or anyone else with fingers) accidentally starting the boat by depressing a button for at least 1.2 seconds any more likely than that same kid turning a key clock-wise? I'd really prefer to be able to start from any mode with a long push. Wouldn't lengthening the required push time a bit, maybe to 2 seconds, add enough of a safety measure? To me, a long hold seems safer than a key.

LaRue
01-23-2013, 05:46 AM
Appreciate the prompt refund tr6coug. Curious if the above comments and suggestions will result in once again providing a long hold to start from any position?

JDC
01-23-2013, 05:51 AM
I agree. Let us know if you decide to change back.

Barefooter92
01-23-2013, 07:38 AM
Damn, sick one day and look what I missed. I do not want the key switch that is why I purchased the one-push button stater. I have kids too and they will not be starting the boat because I am responsible enough to pull the kill switch when I am not in the boat! I do not want these changes (3 pushes to start). I hope my order from last week made it off the bench before the changes.

Change mine back and send it anonymously or with a waiver that I will sign as to not blame you for my ignorance.

Or better yet send it out the way you have to but give us the instructions how to reprogram it back to what we want.

blakekrone
01-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Damn, sick one day and look what I missed. I do not want the key switch that is why I purchased the one-push button stater. I have kids too and they will not be starting the boat because I am responsible enough to pull the kill switch when I am not in the boat! I do not want these changes (3 pushes to start). I hope my order from last week made it off the bench before the changes.

Change mine back and send it anonymously or with a waiver that I will sign as to not blame you for my ignorance.

Or better yet send it out the way you have to but give us the instructions how to reprogram it back to what we want.

Still can use a toggle instead of the key switch, I just don't think it comes with the toggle anymore, run down to the shack and get one.

I'm hoping that once it arrives I can tinker and see if I can reprogram it, I like the idea of the push button but don't want to have to do a bunch of steps, just make it a 2 second hold to start and I'll be happy as well!

JDC
01-23-2013, 12:01 PM
I can see the legal issues involved. I had already planned to mount a rotary switch under the starboard side of the dash to disable the push-button switch, but you can't expect everyone to make it safe enough to make the attorneys happy. My thoughts on the rotary switch was so it couldn't inadvertently be turned off while in operation where a rocker switch could.I like your idea of a rotary type switch.

Barefooter92
01-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Still can use a toggle instead of the key switch, I just don't think it comes with the toggle anymore, run down to the shack and get one.

I'm hoping that once it arrives I can tinker and see if I can reprogram it, I like the idea of the push button but don't want to have to do a bunch of steps, just make it a 2 second hold to start and I'll be happy as well!

Is this true? I was planning on cutting out the toggle and using one of mine anyway.

Any thoughts on sending the reprograming notes to change it back to one long push to start?

Most of us have a perko switch installed for full cut off when not in use.

tr6coug
01-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Hi All,

I want to make sure that the push button starter is the best product it can be and relying on short push / long push sequences is just not what what I intended this product to be.

I'm sure I'm going to be pretty unpopular for this, but here is what I need to do. The product works great now, but I need to some more work on what exactly it needs to be to release it to the public as a product. So, I'm going to send a refund to everyone that has ordered because its not fair for me to sit on you $ while I do this work. Once I have all the "i's" dotted and the "t's" crossed, I'll let everyone know.

I'm REALLY sorry for the inconvenience and confusion around this.

Barefooter92
01-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Okay here is my proposal...when you return my money send me a push button along with papers so I can help you with development and we will use my boat and my two 3 year olds as a "test" market. I will use your product over the summer and fill out any required field paperwork to help you improve your product...all at no cost to you!:D

Just willing to help;)

Be sure to keep us posted on the changes as I am still interested.

blakekrone
01-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Okay here is my proposal...when you return my money send me a push button along with papers so I can help you with development and we will use my boat and my two 3 year olds as a "test" market. I will use your product over the summer and fill out any required field paperwork to help you improve your product...all at no cost to you!:D

Just willing to help;)

Be sure to keep us posted on the changes as I am still interested.

I somewhat agree here, if the unit can be programmed by us (I saw from one pic there is a serial port spot on the control board, just not soldered on), then let us help you out.

As Guy Kawasaki once said, "Don't worry be crappy". Better to get a product out there and let people test then to never release a product trying to make it perfect.

Skyskiguy
01-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Got my refund - thanks. Keep us posted, as I am still very interested.

tr6coug
01-24-2013, 12:30 AM
Thanks for everyone's understanding and the offers to help! I'm going to keep working on this and get the details ironed out.

Barefooter92
01-24-2013, 07:22 AM
Thought more about this overnight and have the following question:

Why is it your resposnibility to make everyones boat safer than factory?
My point is my current key set up does not have any other safety devices installed to keep the kids from turning the key.

My intent on installing your pushbutton start is to keep the key from getting broke off in the ignition, now that would not be safe!

Keep up the good work, not to apply any pressure but the boat comes home in 10 weeks at which time I am removing my key and installing a push button! (Hopefully yours)

BrooksfamX2
01-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Well, this is unfortunate, but understood. Mine works great and I love it. As this thread shows, there is some concern that accidental starting worries a few folks, especially ones with small children.

For those folks, I would suggest not installing one.

Sodar
01-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Or pulling the kill switch out if you want to have power, but no cranking. I thought that California was the only nanny state. Apparently, they are everywhere!

blakekrone
01-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Or pulling the kill switch out if you want to have power, but no cranking. I thought that California was the only nanny state. Apparently, they are everywhere!

I always think of the movie Idiocracy and how it is slowly becoming a reality.

tr6coug
01-25-2013, 02:29 AM
Why is it your resposnibility to make everyones boat safer than factory?

Thats not what I'm trying to do. I want to release the push button starter as I originally intended it because it works really well like that. I just need to do some more research and make sure that I can do that.

Barefooter92
01-25-2013, 07:15 AM
tr6coug:

Hope you didnt take that statement wrong it was ment for your laywers.

tr6coug
01-25-2013, 06:11 PM
No worries. I knew what you meant. I will relay your opinions!:D

h20_skidog
01-28-2013, 09:17 AM
I am also very interested...I have a birthday coming up for one last winter boat project! :D

Barefooter92
02-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Tr6coug: Any update? How are you coming with phase II of your push button starter?

ZachDaddy
02-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Anyone heard an update? This is my opinion: cool item!

CantRepeat
02-23-2013, 08:18 AM

After the lawsuit over the X45 in Cali I can completely understand where you are coming from on this. If someone were to get chopped up by a prop that had your push-button start switch in it you know the suits would go for your throat. Hell, even with a the key switch still in the loop I could see the suits still wanting to have fun with you.

There is a crap ton of liability on products that people and companies sell. If someone wants to offer up a 50 million dollar insurance policy for cheap do it now.

Hopefully something can be worked out and you find a way to offer of the product.

tr6coug
02-26-2013, 03:07 AM
Anyone heard an update? This is my opinion: cool item!

I've investigated this some more and I'm not going to put it on the market at this point.

Its really unfortunate because the push button start is really cool. Thats why MC, Malibu, Nautique, etc. all have it on the new boats. But, they are big companies with deep pockets and attorneys.

I do this as a hobby mostly and any possibility of liability is more than I want to worry about.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-26-2013, 09:21 AM
I've investigated this some more and I'm not going to put it on the market at this point.

Its really unfortunate because the push button start is really cool. Thats why MC, Malibu, Nautique, etc. all have it on the new boats. But, they are big companies with deep pockets and attorneys.

I do this as a hobby mostly and any possibility of liability is more than I want to worry about.

Any possibility of selling this in a kit form which would require some amount of assembly and protect yourself from the potential liability?

pap
02-26-2013, 11:37 AM

Haven't read the thread, but you can setup a separate LLC for this product which will insulate you personally from liability if done correctly. Don't give up on a good idea due to the dirtbag trial lawyers.