PDA

View Full Version : New Surf Product Design from the Competition

epnault
01-03-2013, 10:42 AM
I ended up on the news letter for correct craft because I was shopping both brands back in the day. I just got this today. Looks like a more robust design but similar design intent as the malibu system.

http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe5c15757160027d731d&m=fe631570746d057b771c&ls=fe0313717763047d76167675&l=fe8b16737d63007b73&s=fe3613757560047d741173&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe2d15767461067d7d1275

Double D
01-03-2013, 10:44 AM
All I know is that I hope I don't see one of these on the lake we ski screwing up my smooth water and throwing waves that will swamp my open bow direct drive and eroding the shore line.... :) Just sayin....

02ProstarSammyD
01-03-2013, 10:52 AM
All I know is that I hope I don't see one of these on the lake we ski screwing up my smooth water and throwing waves that will swamp my open bow direct drive and eroding the shore line.... Just sayin....

You guys haven't figured out how to drive around this yet? jk

CantRepeat
01-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Looks like someone is late to the party, again.

scott023
01-03-2013, 12:10 PM
You guys haven't figured out how to drive around this yet? jk

:D:D:D

wheelerlake
01-03-2013, 12:47 PM
There's a Supra on our 275 acre lake (including 2 islands) that likes to wake surf. We're out of the main area back in a bay behind a bunch of rocks so it doesn't affect us, but these kid's neighbor is my observer and man, does he ***** about how they slam his pontoon boat against the dock with those big waves! I think they're oblivious to others around them:(

HartlandX1
01-03-2013, 02:45 PM
that's pretty nice-

a definite selling point vs the competion.

willyt
01-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Looks like someone is late to the party, again.

by late, you mean us? I have yet to see surf tabs make this great of an effect on the wake. Now for a pro-sized surf wake... still nothing better than ballast that I've seen.

how they slam his pontoon boat against the dock with those big waves!

its a 'toon. it deserves it.

ohhhhhh loooooookkkkkk another surfing invention for people who are too tired, old or drunk to wakeboard (i'm in the second and third categories many times)

CantRepeat
01-03-2013, 03:01 PM
by late, you mean us? I have yet to see surf tabs make this great of an effect on the wake. Now for a pro-sized surf wake... still nothing better than ballast that I've seen.

Yes us or MC. To my knowledge MC hasn't done anything for a surf specific hull or any other add-on design like the other two have.

I'm not talking about how good the other two add-on products are because I have yet to see them. Like you, I believe the best way to make a monster wave is to displace the water. After that then you can do stuff like shape it.

Regardless, we are late to the surf specific party.

corey
01-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Not sure who shot this but the new X-10 looks to carve up a pretty sweet surf wave on both sides http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oItkqqKwEes

CantRepeat
01-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Looks a little small even for a wide angle lens.

AZX45OD
01-03-2013, 05:00 PM
It seems like most of the industry is tripping over itself to come up with new surfing technology. I can surf, and I like that my new X30 is said to throw a nice surf wake, but I still see surfing as something that I will get into later in life when my body can no longer handle the punishment of wakeboarding. For me nothing can compare to that feeling of gliding across flat water then sailing up and over the wake. But I do respect the fact that others have their preferences, but to me...surfing....boring.

501s
01-03-2013, 05:07 PM
AZX450D nailed it! Surfing is fun but can get a little boring.

eficalibrator
01-03-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm still waiting to see someone make a widget that delivers a great surf wake from a tournament slalom hull.*

Ninja edit: *it must also be completely retractable to avoid screwing up the 30+mph wake.

CruisinGA
01-03-2013, 05:18 PM
ohhhhhh loooooookkkkkk another surfing invention for people who are too tired, old or drunk to wakeboard (i'm in the second and third categories many times)

X2. Just cannot get excited about surfing. It's sweet the first time you drink a beer while surfing for about a min, then its old.

Sullivan
01-03-2013, 05:54 PM
I don't even like being in the boat while someone is surfing. Lame

CantRepeat
01-03-2013, 07:19 PM
I don't even like being in the boat while someone is surfing. Lame

Good news!!! You wont have to ride in my boat! :D

CantRepeat
01-03-2013, 07:22 PM

I still ski a lot. Most of the time it's wrapped up and over 40 mph.

Fact is we surf in the morning before all the tuber toms show up. Then ski the 6 miles upto the sand bar for beers and grilling.

02ProstarSammyD
01-03-2013, 08:01 PM

I take offense to being old. I'll accept the tired and too drunk. Regardless to what is thought surfing is a big part of the industry now. I know I've become a somewhat MC naysayer as of late but they really are getting flat out owned across the board.

kgrove
01-03-2013, 09:03 PM
The irony is the people doing the most wakesurf bashing are the ones who most benefit from some of these new surf technologies. Pure or hardcore surfers still look at these as at best small improvements in their ability to tweak the wave shape, but it doesn't change their requirement to weight the crap out of the boat or spend time reweighting to get the wave on the other side. Pure wakeboarders who view surfing as an occasional lark or fun to goof around with at the end of a long day wakeboarding or when the conditions are too choppy benefit by being able to quickly dial in an acceptable but not great surf wake.

I'd throw myself in that camp... Much prefer wakeboarding to surfing, which is exactly why I'm interested (depending on price) in some of these technology developments. I'd surf more often if it weren't such a production to setup the boat. It wouldn't change me into a surfer - would just add an hour every now and then to the end of my day on the lake.

MIskier
01-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Much more elegant job than the 'bu, these are basically interceptors mounted vertically rather than the horizontally at the transom.

The transom hook on the prostar functions in much the same manner as these do. They allow for earlier separation of flow from the hull which has the effect of creating a bigger hollow behind the boat.

Although these are still going to have the same problem as the surf gate in that they will cause the boat have to be continuously counter steered to remain on a straight course due to the increase in pressure that occurs right before the interceptor.

I attached an image that shows how it functions and the resulting larger hollow.

Credit for the figure is to Hydrodynamics of High Speed Marine Vehicles

Jerseydave
01-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Great innovation and would be very useful on bodies of water with no homes/docks. I don't have a waterfront property (yet) but if I did and someone was continuously surfing in front of my dock I wouldn't stand for it.

As more boat companies jump on the surfing bandwagon creating bigger wakes than a 42' cabin cruiser, more homeowners/property owners/environmentalists will be opposed to wakesurfing and perhaps other towed watersports. Keep in mind wakesurfing is not legal or even popular in many areas yet. Maybe boat companies should look into the legalizing of wakesurfing in all states before introducing these new inventions.

CantRepeat
01-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Great, I'm sure that diagram will come in handy and I can see were all the engineers here would benefit from such information.

CantRepeat
01-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Great innovation and would be very useful on bodies of water with no homes/docks.

Well, I think it still comes down to people being responsible for their actions and caring about how it impacts others.

I always surf so that my wave has to travel across the entire lake before it impacts someones dock or boat. :) But honestly, it's no different then the wake boarding that has been going on for what 20 years now?

MIskier
01-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Great innovation and would be very useful on bodies of water with no homes/docks. I don't have a waterfront property (yet) but if I did and someone was continuously surfing in front of my dock I wouldn't stand for it.

As more boat companies jump on the surfing bandwagon creating bigger wakes than a 42' cabin cruiser, more homeowners/property owners/environmentalists will be opposed to wakesurfing and perhaps other towed watersports. Keep in mind wakesurfing is not legal or even popular in many areas yet. Maybe boat companies should look into the legalizing of wakesurfing in all states before introducing these new inventions.

As cant said its all about respect, wake surfers and boarders are rarely the problem when it comes to causing problems with bouncing peoples boats and docks around on our lake.

The largest group that we have trouble with are public access boaters that want to buzz peoples docks at 10mph 50ft from the shore while cruising around the lake.

You do have a fair point about it being outlawed in some areas due to unfortunate events, but the same goes for other tow sports or restrictions on boat size and power.

sand2snow22
01-03-2013, 11:21 PM
In my experience wake surfing, the large wave(s) diminish rather quickly. Don't get me wrong, they will still will ruin glass and not a good thing to do in front of docks. It is about respect. We usually head straight out into the middle of the lake for surfing. Our sheriff appreciates this and leaves us alone...

For skiing and boarding we usually hug the shore in search of flat water.

AZX45OD
01-03-2013, 11:39 PM
The irony is the people doing the most wakesurf bashing are the ones who most benefit from some of these new surf technologies.

I'd throw myself in that camp... Much prefer wakeboarding to surfing, which is exactly why I'm interested (depending on price) in some of these technology developments. I'd surf more often if it weren't such a production to setup the boat. It wouldn't change me into a surfer - would just add an hour every now and then to the end of my day on the lake.

I think KGrove is on to something here. To be a hardcore surfer it takes thousands of pounds of ballast, experimentation, customization, etc. Right now I lack the patience or time to mess with all the set-up. My fondest surfing memories have occurred when I had a boat full of adults that I could send to the back corner, fill factory tanks, and go. If new innovations would make the set-up quicker and easier with out fat sacks, etc then great.

That said, I will sit back and watch and see which gimmicks stick and which ones fall to the wayside. I have already owned a boat with surf tabs...I left them off of my new build...hmmm

501s
01-03-2013, 11:40 PM
For those that doubt the size of the waves, a couple years ago I was out surfing and a friend with not a lot of experience was driving. He was a couple hundred feet from shore at least. When we got to the dock to pull out at the end of the night there were a couple guys ready to fight. They had been out on the lake in a canoe with their kid fishing and apparently our wave capsized the canoe and they had to be rescued by another boat. They were soaked and pissed. To this day I still don't understand how no one in the boat noticed. Granted we ride on a big lake (9 miles long) and it was busy Friday evening but I really felt bad about the whole thing. We apologized as many times as we could and they guys eventually left but you could tell they were hoping we would be jerks so they could get in a scrap. Surf waves have some power, even hundreds of feet away.

sand2snow22
01-04-2013, 12:11 AM
^Sounds more like envious I'd rather be surfing than trying to stand up in this canoe :)

KahunaCraft
01-04-2013, 06:32 AM
Edit typos.

I have a river to surf with no houses/docks and a decent sized lake, can be 500 yards from shore easily. Would be worth while if someone produced a Surfers Etiquette Guide. Helpful tips, useful information, safe distances, diagrams of wake travel based on lake depth/distance/size/speed/draft/other factors. With little notice, waves on the lake pickup and are easily 3 foot white caps, so the expectation of having no waves on my lake is lower. There is a difference when Mother Nature is to blame, I get that, but just saying. Tubing / wake boarding can create massive rogue waves as well, specifically when double ups are involved or two boats traveling in opposite directions cross.

The guys cruising at surf speeds with a 18-21ft boat driving 50ft from shore with 10 ppl cause as much or more problems.

To get back on topic, it is an interesting innovation. I'm more likely to invest the 3,000$ for something like this or surf tabs into a better ballast system that makes a great wake on one side until I'm good enough and have the desire to start hopping from side to side (of course that desire can be solved with wake boarding). I'll wait and see as i believe that this sport will have significant innovations in the next 18 months.

I also remember when Snowboarding was banned on many ski hills (20-25 yrs ago) because people didn't respect other people.

Kyle
01-04-2013, 06:47 AM
Have I surfed? Yes.

Do I enjoy it? No

Did I surf without a handle first try? Yes

Have I surfed behind my 190 even without the handle? Yes lots of people and beer in the boat, at a private lake, at night, during a ski club camping trip.

Can I count how many times I've surfed in my life? Yes Less than 5 more like 3

My opinion about surfing.

It is the lamest water sport ever invented. I've tried to get into surfing my 3 times of trying and many other times watching painfully, but could not bring myself to ever enjoy such an activity. It takes absolutely no skill what so ever. I mean someone who has never seen a boat can get up after 3 tries.

Surfing is for the lame, candy a$$, wanna be, that has no skills to run a slalom course, ride a sky ski and do inverts, wakeboard and do inverts, trick ski, barefoot, or jump.

It is basically as lame as tubing.

I'll take up a rocking chair on the porch before I become a damn surfer.

Surfing is so lame I campare it to Mitt Romneys 47% of people not paying taxes and taking the easy way out. People surf because it is the easy road instead of applying themselves in a real sport.

I think Mastercraft should keep building wake boats and slalom boats. Thats where the real skill is at, not pu$$yfooting around on a damn surfboard with no skills.

Oh and folks it is what it is. I have real good friends that surf. When they drag out all of that crap, I want to just go home. It's absolutely pathetic to watch. They justify it because they are old 27-28 yrs old and don't want to get hurt.

If you want to make something of yourself then try doing a sport that you have to apply yourself to get better at. Drinking a beer while riding a wave that ruins everyones water and tears up shore lines is not a sport. It's what you call the activity for people with no skills.

KahunaCraft
01-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Kyle, I can understand you point of view and have been at the elite level in sports, but the rocking chair is where I draw the line... ;-) good rant, thanks for some friday humour. As you get older and have some kids, your priorities will change.

coz
01-04-2013, 07:50 AM

It is the lamest water sport ever invented.

Nice post Kyle, I'm with ya brutha, but lets say surfing behind a boat is lame :D If they could create a wave like this I'd be all over it, but a weak 12mph thigh high (and that's considered big) wake isn't fun to us.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/227541_1096235844185_3285730_n.jpg

CantRepeat
01-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Have I surfed? Yes.

Do I enjoy it? No

Have I surfed behind my 190 even without the handle? Yes lots of people and beer in the boat, at a private lake, at night, during a ski club camping trip.

It is the lamest water sport ever invented. I've tried to get into surfing my 3 times of trying and many other times watching painfully, but could not bring myself to ever enjoy such an activity. It takes absolutely no skill what so ever. I mean someone who has never seen a boat can get up after 3 tries.

Surfing is for the lame, candy a$$, wanna be, that has no skills to run a slalom course, ride a sky ski and do inverts, wakeboard and do inverts, trick ski, barefoot, or jump.

Surfing is so lame I campare it to Mitt Romneys 47% of people not paying taxes and taking the easy way out. People surf because it is the easy road instead of applying themselves in a real sport.

I think Mastercraft should keep building wake boats and slalom boats. Thats where the real skill is at, not pu$$yfooting around on a damn surfboard with no skills.

Oh and folks it is what it is. I have real good friends that surf. When they drag out all of that crap, I want to just go home. It's absolutely pathetic to watch. They justify it because they are old 27-28 yrs old and don't want to get hurt.

If you want to make something of yourself then try doing a sport that you have to apply yourself to get better at. Drinking a beer while riding a wave that ruins everyones water and tears up shore lines is not a sport. It's what you call the activity for people with no skills.

ahah foam at the mouth more Kyle. Why so mad? :D:D

snork
01-04-2013, 10:21 AM
ahah foam at the mouth more Kyle. Why so mad? :D:D

Because its cold in DFW and he's work'n up some heat to thaw out after his Polar bear day:mad:

turbofresh
01-04-2013, 10:36 AM
my lake has about 7 wakesetters which were first bought with the hopes that there kids would become rusty malinoskis. Once they realized that the boat isnt doing a thing and its simply a lack of skill and for some unfortunatly there body weight, they turned to surfing. And they all sit in one corner of the boat huddled up like a bunch of idiots thinking they just created the best surf wave possible. and all look at each other and go ""hangloose braaah""

this has completely turned surfing off for me and with that said i dont even put my surfboard in the board racks cause its honestly embarrassing. it will have to be a really choppy/windy day for me to pull the surf out otherwise i will always wakeboard.

FourFourty
01-04-2013, 10:47 AM
As for kyles rant- I can agree a little bit with that point of view. It is easy to get up and control your speed to stay with the boat. However, it is not easy to pull off a 360 shuv-it, or a 180 air, etc... Even just surface 360s are not easy by any means.

I do agree that it is one of the easier water sports. However, just because you get up behind a boat and can control your speed to stay with it, doesnt mean you wakesurfed.....

With all of that said, I wakesurf because it is something I can do while the lake is rough. I have never, and will never surf on glass. I love wakeboarding too much for that!! Surfing gives us an alternative to sitting at the sandbar and drinking beer......

bobx1
01-04-2013, 11:04 AM
I apologize to the courteous surfers (few and far between on my lake) as this does not apply to you....

As a waterfront land owner, surfing is beating the hell out of the boats tied up to my pier and has had an impact on the shore line on my lake. So now, the land owners have basically bulkheaded 80% of the lake which keeps waves in the lake for hours. There is about a two mile isolated stretch on the lake that is not bulkheaded and has no camps - that is where the skiers and boarders try to hang out but now the surfers are taking that spot over as well.

Long story short....there is talk of establishing rules that boats leaving wakes greater than xx will be banned.

Tristar Racing
01-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Have I surfed? Yes.

Do I enjoy it? No

Wow. Were you drunk while posting that, or are you always this charming?

02ProstarSammyD
01-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Have I surfed? Yes.

Do I enjoy it? No

http://loraleeslooneytunes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/midol.jpg

mikeg205
01-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Nice post Kyle, I'm with ya brutha, but lets say surfing behind a boat is lame :D If they could create a wave like this I'd be all over it, but a weak 12mph thigh high (and that's considered big) wake isn't fun to us.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/227541_1096235844185_3285730_n.jpg

I am on the +1 side of this...maybe not so strong in opinion... ;)

Kyle
01-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Guys I am not mad and was not drunk or on the rag.

It takes no skill and if it was then it would be here. http://www.usawaterski.org/

But it is NOT

Coz: now that is surfing. I would try that.

bturner2
01-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Wow let me get this straight. The surfers are now solely responsible for capsizing small boats, tearing up shorelines and causing dock/pier damage. And apparently the only reason people have had to put up sea walls was because of people in boats surfing. Really. If you really believe that then we might as well add global warming and evasive species to the list too.

Look it's hard to argue that poor judgement by any operator can and will cause problems but wake issues have been with us for a long time for all the same reasons. Realistically some wally out for a Sunday afternoon ride in his 23' Wellcraft tooling around half planed is going to throw a monster wake as will the guys out there running around in their wakeboard set up with stock plus a thousand pounds of additional ballast. Worse yet on the later the wake is being generated at a much higher rate of speed. Even us small wake slalom skiers can not escape responsibility as our courses are typically set in shallow water and many times right next to wet lands that will help dissipate the wake. That wake while small is generated a 30 plus MPH and has a tendency of tearing up delicate wetland areas.

As for our innocent tree hugging canoe and kayakers..... I thought the jetski crowd had the corner on ignorance but I have been proved wrong once again with the recent emergence of this group of boaters. There isn't a summer weekend that goes by without a close call with someone in this group. I've seen them out on our lake mid day trying to cross the lake in boat traffic that I wouldn't consider going out in. Most times not wearing life jackets and sometimes with small children in hard to see boats in colors like white, blue or my personal favorite camo.

In the end it's up to all of us to be responsible for our boats, passengers and our wakes. Let's try to resist the urge to create more unnecessary knee jerk reaction rules/laws and enforce the laws that are on the books right now. Whether you're a fan of surfing or not it doesn't matter as be certain that someone out there won't like the type of boating you like and you could be on the other end of the stick one day.

Sorry to go off on a Friday rant here but it's been some time since I've been able to go skiing and I'm a bit wound up. Besides who knows I could be completely wrong.

Kimper
01-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Continuing off topic...but sorta on topic too...

Most folks who can actually afford a high end wakeboard boat are nearing the age where wake boarding is very hard on your old aching body. So for me in my 40s I was thrilled to see a new sport that was really fun and had very low injury potential arise.

A tad more on topic is the idea that a great surf and wake boarding boat are not mutually exclusive.. Currently Pretty much all good surfing boats wakeboard great, but the converse is not true. There are plenty of good wakeboard boats that do not surf well. What I want as a customer is for the companies to create boats that continue to be innovative in both sports and add technology that is complimentary to both sports. Obviously, Tige, Malibu, and now CC are working hard on those innovations. I actually think and hope Mastercraft is too with hulls that produce awesome surf wakes like the new X-30. (My order is pending:) )

I'll admit wake boarding is a blast and has a nearly endless learning curve where you can always progress, but surfing has plenty of growth potential (way more than waterskiing IMHO)

And Kyle, dropping the rope isn't really where the fun begins.. I have taught a lot of wake boarders how to surf and with a proper setup and good wave they all had a blast! Admittedly setting up the boat correctly hugely impacts your impression of the sport.

At the end of the day these boat manufactures want to sell boats to guys like me... And I wouldn't think of buying one that didn't have a great surf wave...

TxsRiverRat
01-04-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm still waiting for a boat maker to come out with a teak surfing design that won't kill me, and for USAWS to offer it as the 4th supported discipline

CantRepeat
01-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Guys I am not mad and was not drunk or on the rag.

It takes no skill and if it was then it would be here. http://www.usawaterski.org/

But it is NOT

Coz: now that is surfing. I would try that.

He so mad!! How many of those sports weren't on there 10 15 20 25 30 years ago?

But it will be. You sooo foaming mad!!!

BoulderX45
01-05-2013, 03:17 AM
He so mad!! How many of those sports weren't on there 10 15 20 25 30 years ago?

But it will be. You sooo foaming mad!!!

Is there knee boarding on that website! Yeah, that takes a ton of skill! My 6 year old can do that with a spin!

Kyle
01-05-2013, 04:33 AM

Kyle
01-05-2013, 04:47 AM
You guys are missing the point.

If Mastercraft had never built a 3 event boat, then NONE of us would have a Mastercraft today. The brand never would have survived.

Let's have a history lesson here.

We first have slalom, trick and jump. We also introduce Barefooting soon after.

Mastercraft builds only a 3 event boat for over 20+ years.

The skiers eventually had problems getting to perfect glass water, private lakes, practice times in ideal conditions. Then we create wakeboarding.

New sport evolves. It requires talent but not the strict rules of a course, perfect times, exact speeds, and no one has to do the same tricks or run the same pattern. This makes it easier to learn the tricks you want vs a set skill of 6 buoys at a set speed and shortest line legnth.

Then comes wake surfing.

This is for the washed up of the washed up lake people. The individual who has no skills but wants to have skills. The fat drunk mans sport. The sport that is for the lazy who doesn't want to get winded or out of breath.

Seriously no athletic ability is needed. It is a sport for the person who has their refrigerator next to their recliner in the living room.

If you surfers want to moan about my statements then fine.

A three event skier can pick up any other waterski activity.

Look at Geno Yauchler... The man can run a slalom course, barefoot, trick ski like pimp daddy, jump, wakeboard, and has the world record in sky ski. I'm sure he can surf as that takes no skill. He was a 3 event skier

How many surfers can sky sk (inverts)i, wake board (inverts), trick ski, run a slalom course, barefoot, and jump?

Surfing is for the guy who is a lazy and doesn't not habe the skills to be a real skier.

All in all. Wakeboarding was created because slalom eas too hard. Then surfing was created because wakeboarding was too hard. The next sport will be just launching a boat because surfing is too hard.

I want to make a shirt that would say

I can't do 3 event and I suck at wakeboarding so I took up surfing.

Surfing is for the never will be's, just like tubing.

CantRepeat
01-05-2013, 06:17 AM
wow, still foaming!!

coz
01-05-2013, 08:32 AM
wow, still foaming!!

:D

Just for the record, we don't hate WS'ers, it's just not on our list of fun things to do behind the boat :wavey:

KahunaCraft
01-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Actually, if surfing is more dangerous than tubing...then according to this study, it is the most dangerous sport on water...

http://www.jssm.org/vol9/n1/13/v9n1-13text.php

"While tubing is generally considered a safer alternative to wakeboarding and water skiing, the results of the current study suggest otherwise." ---> Before the eruption occurs, I am kidding.

Back to topic, I think that innovations in the sport should drive best practices and etiquette guidelines to teach people right from wrong and promote safety and respect on the water.

CantRepeat
01-05-2013, 10:25 AM
:D

Just for the record, we don't hate WS'ers, it's just not on our list of fun things to do behind the boat :wavey:

Well, first of all, I'm just teasing Kyle a bit.

Second, I know I can find photos of you and your entire family surfing behind your direct drive boat with a crappy wave so I'm not sure what you are going on about Coz.

I couldn't care any less what people do with their boats and their time.

I grew up surfing in SoCal (seal, huntington, newport) and water skiing the stadium just like a lot of other people here. If you are not enjoying wake surfing then you are flat out doing it wrong or you don't have the skills to trick it up and make it fun! It's your fault you suck at it! Is it as exciting to me as free skiing? No, but I still enjoy it. I'm not busting anyone's balls for what sport they want to do and I'm not trying to defend wake surfing as sport but I do think it's kind of funny to watch all of you do it!

Foam on, foam on!!! :D:D

tmacx2
01-05-2013, 11:10 AM
I never realized how angry and/or sensitive non surfers are. Do you guys need a hug?

coz
01-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Well, first of all, I'm just teasing Kyle a bit.

Foam on, foam on!!! :D:D

I would never consider my boat a surf boat, even loaded it doesn't have it. I have surfed behind a slammed 45, LSV and a SAN so that's where I base my feelings. ;) I'm a SoCal native myself 8p :D

Tristar Racing
01-05-2013, 11:32 AM

If Mastercraft had never built a 3 event boat, then NONE of us would have a Mastercraft today. The brand never would have survived.

The skiers eventually had problems getting to perfect glass water, private lakes, practice times in ideal conditions. Then we create wakeboarding.

New sport evolves. It requires talent but not the strict rules of a course, perfect times, exact speeds, and no one has to do the same tricks or run the same pattern. This makes it easier to learn the tricks you want vs a set skill of 6 buoys at a set speed and shortest line legnth.

Then comes wake surfing.

This is for the washed up of the washed up lake people. The individual who has no skills but wants to have skills. The fat drunk mans sport. The sport that is for the lazy who doesn't want to get winded or out of breath.

Seriously no athletic ability is needed. It is a sport for the person who has their refrigerator next to their recliner in the living room.

Look at Geno Yauchler... The man can run a slalom course, barefoot, trick ski like pimp daddy, jump, wakeboard, and has the world record in sky ski. I'm sure he can surf as that takes no skill. He was a 3 event skier

How many surfers can sky sk (inverts)i, wake board (inverts), trick ski, run a slalom course, barefoot, and jump?

Surfing is for the guy who is a lazy and doesn't not habe the skills to be a real skier.

All in all. Wakeboarding was created because slalom eas too hard. Then surfing was created because wakeboarding was too hard. The next sport will be just launching a boat because surfing is too hard.

You're the elitist type I always associated with Mastercrafts before owning one, I'm glad we don't share a common waterway. Out of curiosity, how old are you?

Nick911
01-05-2013, 11:45 AM
You're the elitist type I always associated with Mastercrafts before owning one, I'm glad we don't share a common waterway. Out of curiosity, how old are you?

Careful, he's "Rollin' Gangsta Style."

MNWild
01-05-2013, 12:00 PM
I don't always agree with some of Kyles' posts, but he is dead on here. And I'm an old man if 28 is old to him. Turning late 40's (8) this year.

CantRepeat
01-05-2013, 12:13 PM
I don't always agree with some of Kyles' posts, but he is dead on here. And I'm an old man if 28 is old to him. Turning late 40's (8) this year.

lol, I turn 50 this April and I still ski any where between 5 and 10 miles every day we go to the lake! We go almost every sat and sun during the summer so you young farts can kiss my.... :D

edit

oh I SURF, lol and have a frig next to my chair!!!

And here's a toast to Kyle!! You out of control young fart!

MNWild
01-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Happy 50th come April CR. Our relaxation room is downstairs so we have a good sized dorm room fridge down there, next to the cat box!! Can't be walking up for ice.

CantRepeat
01-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Now that's a set up right there!!!

MattsCraft
01-05-2013, 12:56 PM
New MC Business Plan... Only make the ProStar or DD series boats and drop to making less than maybe 500 boats/year because nobody wants to do anything behind their boats except slalom, trick and jump. Must add, sure it takes a lot of talent to perfect these sports, (truly respect that) but certainly not for the average weekend boater. IMHO, the only one exciting to watch is Jump:D Do I like to surf, you bet, do I pull the kids around on the tube when they beg, you bet, do I like to strap on the stick and take a free set behind a DD when I get the chance, absolutely. Will I ever be able to master the course, probably not nor at my age do I care to have my back ripped apart when catching an edge on a wake board:(

Hmmm, wonder why the X25 & X55 are still the best selling boats in the line, must be that everyone loves to 3 event behind them:rolleyes: The X30 will probably be in that mix soon.

Point is, different strokes for different folks, really don't care for all the wake snob stuff and appreciate all of the inboard manufactures pushing the engineering advances on these boats. Gimmick or not, they are in business to attract as many people as possible to sell more boats. You can round 6 ball at whatever off, I say Great, You can do that toe side back side inverted flippy thing, Great... Do what you like to do, be respectful to your fellow boater, have fun doing it and don't do stupid stuff that gets somebody hurt or destroys property... Peace

The President of the United States, the Smartest Man in the World, a Priest and Hippie were flying on the same airplane one day...

Pilot comes back and says... "Plane is going down boys, I have good news and bad news... Good news, we have parachutes, bad news, their are only 4" grabs one and jumps out the door.

The President jumps up and says "Boys, I am the most important person here, I need to run the country" Grabs a chute and jumps out the door.

Smartest Man in the World says, "Hey I am the Smartest Man in the World, I need to solve all the worlds problems" Grabs a chute and jumps out the door.

Priest looks at the Hippie and says, "Son my life is in Gods hands, you take the last parachute, everything will be just fine"

Hippie says, "You are correct Father, no worries, Smartest Man in the World jumped out with my Back Pack, there is a parachute for both of us!!!"

coz
01-05-2013, 01:06 PM
probably not nor at my age do I care to have my back ripped apart when catching an edge on a wake board:(

Always best to stay on edge :D

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/IMG_2130.jpg

lol, I turn 50 this April and I still ski any where between 5 and 10 miles every day we go to the lake! We go almost every sat and sun during the summer so you young farts can kiss my....

I got ya beat by 8 months :D This feels more like surfing to me than the other way.

Kyle
01-05-2013, 01:11 PM
You guys have this all wrong.

I have lots of surfer friends. They surf and it drives me crazy. They go surf and I go to the island park and chase tale while having a beer. I don't hate surfers, I hate their wake.

Guys, be honest with yourselves. The generation now of boaters surf because it is easy. They learn to surf and that is it. Why? Because wakeboarding or 3 event is too hard. So they take the path of least resistance and choose the easiest way out.

CantRepeat
01-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Always best to stay on edge :D

I got ya beat by 8 months :D This feels more like surfing to me than the other way.

You old bastard you!!! :D

Kyle
01-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Careful, he's "Rollin' Gangsta Style."

LOL

Now that's funny.

I got that gangsta style from a member on TT. Taymc197 and several others went to Broken Bow Oklahoma for a small meet up with other TTers.

I ride with my seat back while driving because I have long arms. He jumped in my truck at the boat ramp to back me in and he tells me you roll gangsta style. Ever since then it has been a joke between a few of us guys on here.

Kyle
01-05-2013, 01:34 PM

If you only surf then I am glad we don't share the same waterway either. The wake put off for the thrilling rush of going 9mph while all of your friends are stuffed into a corner would be miserable for everyone else on the waterway except for your boat.

I'm 32 not that it matters.

CantRepeat
01-05-2013, 01:43 PM

You old bastard!! :D

Kyle
01-05-2013, 01:53 PM
You old bastard!! :D

I know.....that rocking chair will be calling my name sooner than later.

My goal is to ski through men's 4 before taking up the chair. Maybe I'll have a wife and kids by then and could coach a mini me into -39.

I won't be raising surfers.

MIskier
01-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Kyle,

While I am also nearly exclusively a buoy chaser I enjoy doing anything that puts me on the water and if thats surfing in the middle of the afternoon with friends thats great!

By the way how many true 3 event skiers are ranked in the top 10 elite slalom list or vice versa?
...Answer is none

Aric'sX15
01-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Surfing is incredibly easy, and I can't get a pull behind my own boat because its so boring. Even my girlfriend talks crap to me about it! I'll stick with Wakeboarding!

Kyle
01-05-2013, 02:58 PM
By the way how many true 3 event skiers are ranked in the top 10 elite slalom list or vice versa?
...Answer is none

Correct

But I bet they have been a 3 event skier at one time or knows how to ski 3 event.

mikeg205
01-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Correct

But I bet they have been a 3 event skier at one time or knows how to ski 3 event.

I want video of Kyle doing trick.. it's not the ability I am questioning but the big smile the judges are looking for during the performance... ;) just sayin'.... okay 8p

rodltg2
01-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Cant believe some of you think that because your in your forties, skiing and wakeboarding is tough on your aching bodies. I think you guys are just lazy!

The owner of the lake I ski at is 82 and still competes in trick and slalom. He said he would even jump if there was a ramp at the lake!

I tried wakesurfing a few times. Its boring, almost as fun as watching paint dry.

CantRepeat
01-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Cant believe some of you think that because your in your forties, skiing and wakeboarding is tough on your aching bodies. I think you guys are just lazy!

The owner of the lake I ski at is 82 and still competes in trick and slalom. He said he would even jump if there was a ramp at the lake!

I tried wakesurfing a few times. Its boring, almost as fun as watching paint dry.

/golfclap

rodltg2
01-05-2013, 03:40 PM
I don't get the fascination to surf behind a boat anyway.
If you wanna surf that dang bad, take that $80k you spent on a wakesurf boat and buy a bunch of trips to the beach!

Tristar Racing
01-05-2013, 04:28 PM
If you only surf then I am glad we don't share the same waterway either. The wake put off for the thrilling rush of going 9mph while all of your friends are stuffed into a corner would be miserable for everyone else on the waterway except for your boat.

It's alarming you're above the age of 30, and have such a narrow mind. The only one that sounds miserable is you...

The fact that you feel the common couch potato could surf is hilarious. How about this, I'll pay to fly you to the next wakesurf competition. If it's so easy, you should be a shoe-in for a top 10 finish, right? I mean with all your wakeboarding and three event experience... :rolleyes:

CantRepeat
01-05-2013, 04:28 PM
I don't get the fascination to surf behind a boat anyway.
If you wanna surf that dang bad, take that $80k you spent on a wakesurf boat and buy a bunch of trips to the beach!

/golfclapx2

You sound very mad. Oh, and welcome to 5 hours ago.

Aric'sX15
01-05-2013, 04:32 PM
It's alarming you're above the age of 30, and have such a narrow mind. The only one that sounds miserable is you...

The fact that you feel the common couch potato could surf is hilarious. How about this, I'll pay to fly you to the next wakesurf competition. If it's so easy, you should be a shoe-in for a top 10 finish, right? I mean with all your wakeboarding and three event experience... :rolleyes:

I've competed in wake surfing... It's just as boring competitively watching everyone do the same thing over and over. The common couch potato can wake surf. I got my middle linebacker friend up on a wake surf board his 4th try.

Tristar Racing
01-05-2013, 04:40 PM
I've competed in wake surfing... It's just as boring competitively watching everyone do the same thing over and over. The common couch potato can wake surf. I got my middle linebacker friend up on a wake surf board his 4th try.

Middle linebacker, is that a common couch potato? 4th try? Man I thought it was so easy, shouldn't it have been a one and done?

What place, what contest?

It's kind of pathetic to see this outlash. It feels just like when wakeboarding got dogged by skiers a decade ago. A few questions to those that feel so passionate to speak out against wakesurfing. What do you do when the waterway is blown out, too blown out for skiing or boarding? What do you do when someone has tried over and over to get up on a wakeboard, and they just can't get it; or aren't comfortable with it? What do you do after taking one to many headers on a wakeboard during a weekend, and you just want to do something with lower impact? Do you just pack up the boat and go home, because it's skiing, wakeboarding, or nothing?

Sad...

rodltg2
01-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Middle linebacker, is that a common couch potato? 4th try? Man I thought it was so easy, shouldn't it have been a one and done?

It's kind of pathetic to see this outlash. It feels just like when wakeboarding got dogged by skiers a decade ago. A few questions to those that feel so passionate to speak out against wakesurfing. What do you do when the waterway is blown out, too blown out for skiing or boarding? What do you do when someone has tried over and over to get up on a wakeboard, and they just can't get it; or aren't comfortable with it? What do you do after taking one to many headers on a wakeboard during a weekend, and you just want to do something with lower impact? Do you just pack up the boat and go home, because it's skiing, wakeboarding, or nothing?

Sad...

Our lake is rarely blown out! Couch pototoes can stay home.

CantRepeat
01-05-2013, 04:53 PM
So much foaming at the mouth. I love it!!

It's like listen to bunch of teenage girls or my brothers kids.

BTW: I wouldn't call what your friend is doing wake surfing. But hey, at least he has a smile on his face which more then I can say for a lot of you guys!!!

Aric'sX15
01-05-2013, 04:53 PM

Sad...

well he had never been on a boat until mine... and hes large. so id call him a pretty common couch potato.

it was the barrel boss comp in austin TX. not sure of the placing, as they only did top 3. the shred stixx pro riders took the top 3 spots. Its easy. stop making yourself feel better about doing it. your boat, your gas and your money.

Tristar Racing
01-05-2013, 04:54 PM

If only we were all that lucky...

Tristar Racing
01-05-2013, 04:56 PM
well he had never been on a boat until mine... and hes large. so id call him a pretty common couch potato.

it was the barrel boss comp in austin TX. not sure of the placing, as they only did top 3. the shred stixx pro riders took the top 3 spots. Its easy. stop making yourself feel better about doing it. your boat, your gas and your money.

I'm not making myself feel like anything. Nice way to dodge the questions I asked though... :rolleyes:

Didn't place in that competition? Come on, it's easy, why not?

BTW: I wouldn't call what your friend is doing wake surfing. But hey, at least he has a smile on his face which more then I can say for a lot of you guys!!!

Bingo

mikeg205
01-05-2013, 04:57 PM

Kyle and The Rat - 45 years from now? ;)

rodltg2
01-05-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm not mad, I just dont get the excitement of it. Knock yourself out wakesurf all you want! It doesn't bother me any. I'll grab a 12pak and watch .

coz
01-05-2013, 05:05 PM

That's my goal, going strong in the 80's :headbang:.....no wake surfing though :D

Aric'sX15
01-05-2013, 05:06 PM
well to answer your questions, i usually just cruise around and listen to music. I would much rather do that then mess up the water even more, or feed the tubers on my lake some waves to jump. if its too blown out, i leave the boat in the lift and wait for the wind to go away. When i take a nasty spill wakeboarding, I just stick to driving or crusing around.

I used to be an avid surfer so I'm not just bashing the sport. i could do air's, and three's all day.. but not near as fun as doing back rolls and huge airs on a wakeboard. I consider myself pretty good at teaching people how to board, so I never really resort to surfing to teach them. Its a completely different because of the boots vs no boots etc. Does that complete your interrogation?

Kyle
01-05-2013, 05:15 PM

Sad...

If it is blown out in the slalom course then we look for a smooth spot elsewhere on the lake and skyski or wakeboard.

If I have a rider that can't learn skiing or boarding? Well I have a boom and I have NEVER not been able to get a brand new rider up and going. I also participate with Kristy Overton Johnson with In His Wakes. We get 50 kids that have never been on a boat skiing in one day. That being said I feel I could coach anyone. I also bring a boom to teach the super uncoordinated. After the boom they get kicked to long line. The boom also eliminates the uncomfortable part.

The part about taking too many diggers and wanting low impact part......Sir, it's called grab your nuts and man up. If you want to be great then you keep practicing and not complain about it. It's called shut up and ski. I've skied through 4 fractured Veryabrey in my back, 3 ruptured discs in my neck, 3 costocolandal separations, rotator cuff tears, mcl tear, and 7 concussions. Do you seriously think I would be a quitter because I took a crash.......Hell No. It's called man up.

You also need to get out of your narrow mind that skiers and wakeboarders only ski on glass water. Do you think ski tournaments are canceled because the wind decided to blow the day of the tournament? No you ski through the blown out water and sure don't B|TCH about it. It sucks for all participants so shut up and ski.

So to answer your final question about packing up and going home? No we are not quitters or choose the easy way out.

Tristar Racing
01-05-2013, 05:16 PM
well to answer your questions, i usually just cruise around and listen to music. I would much rather do that then mess up the water even more, or feed the tubers on my lake some waves to jump. if its too blown out, i leave the boat in the lift and wait for the wind to go away. When i take a nasty spill wakeboarding, I just stick to driving or crusing around.

I used to be an avid surfer so I'm not just bashing the sport. i could do air's, and three's all day.. but not near as fun as doing back rolls and huge airs on a wakeboard. I consider myself pretty good at teaching people how to board, so I never really resort to surfing to teach them. Its a completely different because of the boots vs no boots etc. Does that complete your interrogation?

Just questions, I especially like the "resort to" comment. Like I said, it feels like a decade ago with skiing and wakeboarding debates...

The part about taking too many diggers and wanting low impact part......Sir, it's called grab your nuts and man up. If you want to be great then you keep practicing and not complain about it. It's called shut up and ski. I've skied through 4 fractured Veryabrey in my back, 3 ruptured discs in my neck, 3 costocolandal separations, rotator cuff tears, mcl tear, and 7 concussions. Do you seriously think I would be a quitter because I took a crash.......Hell No. It's called man up.

Man up? Great, another internet tough guy. Have fun with those 7 concussions later in life. Perhaps you should talk to the guy down the street from me that had to have brain surgery after one to many falls and the concussions that resulted. Hard to "man up" when you might not be able to feed yourself post opp.

Aric'sX15
01-05-2013, 05:20 PM
If it is blown out in the slalom course then we look for a smooth spot elsewhere on the lake and skyski or wakeboard.

If I have a rider that can't learn skiing or boarding? Well I have a boom and I have NEVER not been able to get a brand new rider up and going. I also participate with Kristy Overton Johnson with In His Wakes. We get 50 kids that have never been on a boat skiing in one day. That being said I feel I could coach anyone. I also bring a boom to teach the super uncoordinated. After the boom they get kicked to long line. The boom also eliminates the uncomfortable part.

You also need to get out of your narrow mind that skiers and wakeboarders only ski on glass water. Do you think ski tournaments are canceled because the wind decided to blow the day of the tournament? No you ski through the blown out water and sure don't B|TCH about it. It sucks for all participants so shut up and ski.

So to answer your final question about packing up and going home? No we are not quitters or choose the easy way out.

X2!!! I haven't hurt myself that bad, but a very true statement. If you go look at the x games back in 03 or so, Danny harf lands a toe 9 when the water was white capping.

Kyle
01-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Kyle and The Rat - 45 years from now? ;)

I hope rat and I make it 45 more years. He is my big brother from another mother.

Kyle
01-05-2013, 05:22 PM

Very nice facility you have there.

rodltg2
01-05-2013, 05:31 PM

Thanks, it did get blown out at one tournament this year. But we didnt bust out the wakesurfs! Not too many ran their openers though!

Kyle
01-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Man up? Great, another internet tough guy.

Dude you asked questions I answered them. There is no reason to make this personal.

If you read my earlier posts then you should clearly be able to get that I have lots of surfer friends. I have no problem with the person. It's their wake and the fact that surfing is not a sport. Surfing is an activity.

After they get done Wally wacking with their activity they always come beach up and we all share beers and laughs together.

Kyle
01-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks, it did get blown out at one tournament this year. But we didnt bust out the wakesurfs! Not too many ran their openers though!

Lol but it sucked for everyone. I'm sure the water was the talk of the day and those are the best tournaments to go to. Joke and make side bets on who can ski the caps best lol. That pretty much puts everyone on the same ability level when it is capping. Lots of laughing and jokes go on during that kind of event.

Tristar Racing
01-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Dude you asked questions I answered them. There is no reason to make this personal.

If you read my earlier posts then you should clearly be able to get that I have lots of surfer friends. I have no problem with the person. It's their wake and the fact that surfing is not a sport. Surfing is an activity.

After they get done Wally wacking with their activity they always come beach up and we all share beers and laughs together.

You use phrases like "man up," "we are not quitters or choose the easy way out," "your narrow mind," etc, and I am the one making this personal? Hilarious. Tell me more internet tough guy... :rolleyes:

CantRepeat
01-05-2013, 05:44 PM

Hey tough guy, lets beach up for some beers and a little bromance!! Is Aprilish good for you?:D

Kyle
01-05-2013, 05:46 PM
You use phrases like "man up," "we are not quitters or choose the easy way out," "your narrow mind," etc, and I am the one making this personal? Hilarious. Tell me more internet tough guy... :rolleyes:

Look I'd tell my best friend to man up.

Hell just ask rat how many times I have told him to lift his skirt and grab his balls and ski.

You might wanna ask how many times I have told him "excuses only satisfy those who make them"

It is what it is. I call a spade a spade and a cry baby a cry baby.

Aric'sX15
01-05-2013, 05:48 PM

It's funny you talk so much sh*t. To me you seem like one of these:

Tristar Racing
01-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Look I'd tell my best friend to man up.

Hell just ask rat how many times I have told him to lift his skirt and grab his balls and ski.

You might wanna ask how many times I have told him "excuses only satisfy those who make them"

It is what it is. I call a spade a spade and a cry baby a cry baby.

And an internet tough guy is an internet tough guy... Oh, too personal?

It's funny you talk so much sh*t. To me you seem like one of these:

This is talking a lot of sh*t?

Kyle
01-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Hey tough guy, lets beach up for some beers and a little bromance!! Is Aprilish good for you?:D

Sure. Make sure to bring a surfboard....:D

Kyle
01-05-2013, 05:54 PM
And an internet tough guy an internet tough guy... Oh, too personal?

Call me what you want. I don't care

If you wanna come to ft worth I'll teach you how to slalom. Then you may have an appreciation about slalom. I'll even provide a course and free lessons. Hell I'll even pull you until your little heart is content.

Aric'sX15
01-05-2013, 05:56 PM
I'll take you up on that... I only live in granbury! :D

Kyle
01-05-2013, 05:59 PM
I'll take you up on that... I only live in granbury! :D

Sounds good.

I've met many TTers and I always have a great time.

I go down to gbury too.

Come out and ski with us.

Check out

www.Metroplexskiclub.com

HartlandX1
01-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Way to **** on a good post

Tristar Racing
01-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Call me what you want. I don't care

If you wanna come to ft worth I'll teach you how to slalom. Then you may have an appreciation about slalom. I'll even provide a course and free lessons. Hell I'll even pull you until your little heart is content.

Hey, thanks for the offer. I have a great appreciation for slalom, I never expressed anything different. That's part of the reason I got a vdrive that didn't have a completely disastrous ski wake. (relatively speaking)

This was never about a lack of appreciation for skiing. Some people enjoy surfing, and I found your insults about said people humorous. The tough guy act was just icing on the cake.

rodltg2
01-05-2013, 06:04 PM
I for one, hope they sell a ton of these so that boat manufacturers can afford to make slalom boats.

tmacx2
01-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Ok, I'll be honest. I surf because I can't slalom ski. I need a sport where I can have as wide a stance as possible because my balls are so huge. There is no way I could get into a narrow stance to slalom ski without crushing them. I'm hoping to start a support group (no pun intended) for others with the same problem.

Kyle
01-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Ok, I'll be honest. I surf because I can't slalom ski. I need a sport where I can have as wide a stance as possible because my balls are so huge. There is no way I could get into a narrow stance to slalom ski without crushing them. I'm hoping to start a support group (no pun intended) for others with the same problem.

You are the highest respected surfer in my eyes.

Thank you for being honest.

Kyle
01-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Tristar

Where have I insulted another TTer

I have bashed the activity because it is NOT a sport. I have also mentioned now 3 times that I have surfer friends. I also made it known that I don't mind the person but hate the wake. Not one time did I insult an individual.

Tristar Racing
01-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Tristar

I have bashed the activity because it is NOT a sport. I have also mentioned now 3 times that I have surfer friends. I also made it known that I don't mind the person but hate the wake. Not one time did I insult an individual.

Seems like you do mind the person, as seen by the various insults below:

So they take the path of least resistance and choose the easiest way out.

I would say any TTer that surfs would consider those insults. Or are those terms of endearment?

BoulderX45
01-05-2013, 06:31 PM

Then comes wake surfing.

You are cracking me up!
I've got a open invitation to prove your point! Come to the Northwest and I'll meet you at any lake or river and you can show us how you do a 360 or 720 while surfing, staying in the wave, and then give us a shiv-it and finish by catching air off the wave and grabbing the board. By the way, you need to start off the platform without a rope and finish on the platform. Hell, it so easy you won't need a swim suit because it takes no skill to surf.

CantRepeat
01-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Tristar

I'm official offended and soo mad!! :rolleyes:

And where the hell is Eddie when you need him?

Kyle
01-05-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm official offended and soo mad!! :rolleyes:

And where the hell is Eddie when you need him?

LOL

Eddie is where Eddie should be......in his shop building rats rear vent cup holder. :)

Aric'sX15
01-05-2013, 07:01 PM
You are cracking me up!
I've got a open invitation to prove your point! Come to the Northwest and I'll meet you at any lake or river and you can show us how you do a 360 or 720 while surfing, staying in the wave, and then give us a shiv-it and finish by catching air off the wave and grabbing the board. By the way, you need to start off the platform without a rope and finish on the platform. Hell, it so easy you won't need a swim suit because it takes no skill to surf.

Can you do any of these things?

BallBushing
01-05-2013, 07:03 PM
OMG- Just finished reading this whole thread. Was laughing so much I forgot what it started as. Had to go back to check the initial comment. Still don't get how handguns and wake surfing are related.

CantRepeat
01-05-2013, 07:05 PM
OMG- Just finished reading this whole thread. Was laughing so much I forgot what it started as. Had to go back to check the initial comment. Still don't get how handguns and wake surfing are related.

Nice!!!

Kyle
01-05-2013, 07:18 PM
You are cracking me up!

Post up a vid of the tricks.

I'm sure it would not be hard to learn ;)

I would also be willing to bet that the guy surfing has 3 event skills, wake boarding skills, or came from a strong skill set prior to picking up a surfboard. Therefore that person was a real skier at one time.

rodltg2
01-05-2013, 07:21 PM
You are cracking me up!

I bet that in 1 weekend I or Kyle could learn those tricks , but someone who has never skied will ever come close to running a pass on a slalom course in 1 weekend

Tristar Racing
01-05-2013, 07:46 PM
I bet that in 1 weekend I or Kyle could learn those tricks , but someone who has never skied will ever come close to running a pass on a slalom course in 1 weekend

And the pissing contest continues...

1redTA
01-05-2013, 07:48 PM
which came first the chicken or the egg?

BoulderX45
01-05-2013, 08:02 PM

LOL!
First, it took no skills to surf, now it takes a weekend of practice? Remember it's a "drunk fat guy's sport." I don't recall seeing the comments comparing skiing the course to surfing in your post. I guess i'll have to go back and re-read them. I recall in the post saying its not a sport and takes no skill.
So, let's define a weekend; is that a few hours each day? No need to post any videos just google "James Walker surfing" on www.youtube.com. He makes it look easy enough but here is a link to one of the moves that the "World Champion" didn't quite finish. But, again he's just a "fat guy with no skills."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIEgcEWvMtM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

mikeg205
01-05-2013, 08:02 PM
This forum most fun in winter.... ;)

Kyle
01-05-2013, 08:13 PM
LOL!
First, it took no skills to surf, now it takes a weekend of practice? Remember it's a "drunk fat guy's sport." I don't recall seeing the comments comparing skiing the course to surfing in your post. I guess i'll have to go back and re-read them. I recall in the post saying its not a sport and takes no skill.
So, let's define a weekend; is that a few hours each day? No need to post any videos just google "James Walker surfing" on www.youtube.com. He makes it look easy enough but here is a link to one of the moves that the "World Champion" didn't quite finish. But, again he's just a "fat guy with no skills."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIEgcEWvMtM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What if I told you I was a drunk fat guy. Would that help things.

I like my beer. So I do drink and most people think it is a lot. I also lost my six pack years ago and I don't see it ever coming back. Therefore I'm a fata$$ too.

mikeg205
01-05-2013, 08:16 PM

Who called you phat!

BoulderX45
01-05-2013, 08:16 PM
And the pissing contest continues...

LMFAO!

Here is to more pissing!
Here is a short video of starting without a rope. I believe this "drunk fat guy with no skills" ran the ski course in competition about 25 years ago. But, I'll have to ask him if it takes skills to surf. But, with a weekend of "practice" I'm sure you'll be jumping off the back of boat with board in hand, stuffing it under your feet right before hitting the wave and riding. I've seen that done but it wasn't the "fat drunk guy."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv_YZbhzM7U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BoulderX45
01-05-2013, 08:18 PM

I like my beer. So I do drink and most people think it is a lot. I also lost my six pack years ago and I don't see it ever coming back. Therefore I'm a fata$$ too.

LOL!

I'll supply the beer for the weekend!

rodltg2
01-05-2013, 08:24 PM
I didn't say it was easy , I said it was boring !

medicmoose
01-05-2013, 09:24 PM

Holy crap...in a room full of piss....this is the only thing I am taking away from this entire thread! Way to "man up" and describe your testicular issues for all to read here!! I love it 8p

Aric'sX15
01-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Im going to say surfing is about as athletic as baseball.

sand2snow22
01-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Have you guys seen the tricks that the pros can do at World's? Pretty amazing

tmacx2
01-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Holy crap...in a room full of piss....this is the only thing I am taking away from this entire thread! Way to "man up" and describe your testicular issues for all to read here!! I love it 8p

I was kidding about not being able to slalom ski. I just choose not to because I don't consider it a sport and from the previous descriptions of ball grabbing it seems pretty gay. Not that there's any thing wrong with that.

CantRepeat
01-05-2013, 10:29 PM

/golfclap x3

I'm pretty sure both of you would fall face first into the swim step and come out better looking!! I mean really, have you seen Kyle's face after some BJJ training sessions? For the life of me I can't figure out how he pulls down the tail he does. Maybe its the margaritas?

CantRepeat
01-05-2013, 10:30 PM
I was kidding about not being able to slalom ski. I just choose not to because I don't consider it a sport and from the previous descriptions of ball grabbing it seems pretty gay. Not that there's any thing wrong with that.

Wow, guy, you sound mad!

Kyle
01-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Wow, guy, you sound mad!

Lol

Dude seems real mad

501s
01-05-2013, 11:05 PM
I think the point Kyle is making is to get what people consider "good" at surfing takes a lot less time than on a slalom ski or wakeboard. I have had people drop the rope on their second or third try wake surfing. True story: my 74 year old father in law who hadn't been water skiing in 25+ years and had never surfed or boarded in his life got up his very first try on a surf board. Getting up and even dropping the rope on a surf board is straight out easy. Don't be offended if you call yourself a surfer and that's all you can do.

The tricks you are telling him to do are the same ones the top pros do in tournaments, like telling a wakeboarder to do 1080s and double flips. But really compare the skill level involved to be the best at these activities and I think it's pretty easy to see that skiing and wakeboarding take more athletic ability to do the advanced moves than surfing.

The problem with learning tricks like 360s and sove it's (are there really any other cool tricks being done besides airs) is that everytime you are learning and try one you fall and that super heavily weighted boat all the top surfers require has to stop, turn around and pick the rider up. So much wasted time, gas and effort just to land a surface 360 in my eyes. With that said I have one buddy who learned 360s in a few tries but of course he wakeboards.

Wake surfing is pretty fun, but after time it just loses its appeal a bit. When I got my first v drive 5 years ago we were all over it but by the end of the first season, everyone in the crew could ride for aa long as they wanted and none of us were all that into learning shove its or 3s so it became less and less important.

CantRepeat
01-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Lol

Dude seems real mad

He's beyond upset!! Might need meds before the night is over.

tmacx2
01-05-2013, 11:29 PM
No, not mad at all. I've been lmao all day at this thread. This has been a wakeworld worthy thread.

Nick911
01-05-2013, 11:38 PM
I'm gonna go 38 off behind my X25 this summer with 3K ballast and my dads old slalom ski from 1972, "made of wood but still plenty good."

And I don't care who knows.

vision
01-05-2013, 11:43 PM
I will stir the pot:

More athletic ability to slalom ski or wakeboard compared to wakesurfing? Well, define athletic ability?

I have done all three sports as recreational enthusiast. I greatly prefer wakeboarding. But I have a great respect for the coordination and balance required to do some of the routine wakesurf moves, as well as the skill required for slalom skiing. They clearly require different skill sets, and no doubt skiing and wakeboarding are harder on your body. But more athletic ability to ski over surf, or just different athletic ability? Obviously this is a matter of opinion.

To put it another way, is a professional boxer a better athlete than a professional golfer, or just an athlete that uses a different set of skills?

Kyle
01-06-2013, 12:16 AM
I will stir the pot:

More athletic ability to slalom ski or wakeboard compared to wakesurfing? Well, define athletic ability?

I have done all three sports as recreational enthusiast. I greatly prefer wakeboarding. But I have a great respect for the coordination and balance required to do some of the routine wakesurf moves, as well as the skill required for slalom skiing. They clearly require different skill sets, and no doubt skiing and wakeboarding are harder on your body. But more athletic ability to ski over surf, or just different athletic ability? Obviously this is a matter of opinion.

To put it another way, is a professional boxer a better athlete than a professional golfer, or just an athlete that uses a different set of skills?

Disagree with boxer and golfer analogy.

It would be closer if you compared football vs cheerleading.

Football being skyski, slalom, trick, jump, wakeboarding, and barefoot. Then Cheerleading being surfing.

One stands on the sideline and may do a cartwheel or maybe a round off back layout.

The other one gets out on the field and actually plays the sport that everyone comes to watch.

Aric'sX15
01-06-2013, 12:18 AM

Football being skyski, slalom, trick, jump, and barefoot. Then Cheerleading being surfing.

One stands on the sideline and may do a cartwheel or maybe a round off back layout.

The other one gets out on the field and actually plays the sport that everyone comes to watch.

hahaha you just made me bust out laughing. perfect comparison.
But wakeboarding should be under football also..

Kyle
01-06-2013, 12:22 AM
hahaha you just made me bust out laughing. perfect comparison.
But wakeboarding should be under football also..

Correct. I edited

Tristar Racing
01-06-2013, 12:23 AM

Football being skyski, slalom, trick, jump, and barefoot. Then Cheerleading being surfing.

Nothing but class from you...

Kyle
01-06-2013, 12:25 AM
Nothing but class from you...

Yes sir first class all of the way baby

CantRepeat
01-06-2013, 10:29 AM
wow, this train wreck is still going?

Eagle
01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
This is too funny...

Does anyone think Mastercraft cares whether you need to be an elite athlete to buy their boats? No, they only care that you have fun with your boat and want to buy one from Mastercraft. Whether it's "man up" three eventing, Riding Gantsta Style, chillin' with the family, shredding some waves, riding a board -- who cares what you're doing so long as your having fun. You may pride yourself on how hard core you or and only ride with others who are even harder core. Or maybe you like bringing new people into the sport and watching them discover the joy of water sports. Owning a boat is about good times, which can be had in many many ways. Different strokes for different folks. Live and let live.

KahunaCraft
01-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Amen Eagle.

scott023
01-06-2013, 12:33 PM

I have lots of surfer friends. They surf and it drives me crazy. They go surf and I go to the island park and chase tale while having a beer. I don't hate surfers, I hate their wake.

Guys, be honest with yourselves. The generation now of boaters surf because it is easy. They learn to surf and that is it. Why? Because wakeboarding or 3 event is too hard. So they take the path of least resistance and choose the easiest way out.

That's a garbage statement Kyle. We board for the majority of the day, and usually end the day with some surfing. Just because on boards or surfs certainly doesn't mean they couldn't do 3 event. In my case, I board and surf because I don't want to do 3 event.

You're making a mass lump assumption that doesn't apply to everyone you're grouping together. I bet dimes to donuts that I'd be a better 3 event person that I am wakeboarder, but I don't surf/board to be elite at it. I do it to be on the water with my family and friends. Darn sure better to be on the water as opposed to being on shore.

scott023
01-06-2013, 12:38 PM

LMAO. That is not wakesurfing there bud, but you keep telling yourself that. ;):D:D:D

scott023
01-06-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm not mad, I just dont get the excitement of it. Knock yourself out wakesurf all you want! It doesn't bother me any. I'll grab a 12pak and watch .

That's a great way to go about it. A win win. :D

scott023
01-06-2013, 12:44 PM

The used to say this about a lot of things... wakeboarding and snowboarding included, the later is now an Olympic sport. Surfing is considered a sport, and there are world championships for wakesurfing, so I think the day will come when it's considered a sport, if it isn't already. :D

scott023
01-06-2013, 12:44 PM

No kidding. Beautiful.

scott023
01-06-2013, 12:49 PM

LMAO. I lost mine too... hoping to get it back anyday now. :D

scott023
01-06-2013, 12:51 PM

You can post up here anytime, great sense of humor.

rodltg2
01-06-2013, 12:52 PM

Football being skyski, slalom, trick, jump, wakeboarding, and barefoot. Then Cheerleading being surfing.

I much rather watch cheerleaders though ! Actually I would like to watch cheerleaders wakesurf. Problem solved.

mikeg205
01-06-2013, 02:03 PM
I much rather watch cheerleaders though ! Actually I would like to watch cheerleaders wakesurf. Problem solved.

An idea to compete with the swim suit thread... ;) - The Cheer Leader Wake Surf Thread...

02ProstarSammyD
01-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Can't believe I read 16 pages of this chit

You guys should settle this with a dance off.

If that sounds ridiculous you should read all the crap you guys posted and evaluate which is more retarded.

onewheat
01-06-2013, 03:21 PM

If that sounds ridiculous you should read all the crap you guys posted and evaluate which is more retarded.

:headbang::headbang::headbang: I must concur.

scott023
01-06-2013, 03:47 PM

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

It was great entertainment.

CantRepeat
01-06-2013, 03:51 PM

16 pages??? Learn to internet please!!! :D:D

User CP > Setting and Options > Edit Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page > 40

btw: dance offs are so 80s style. We need to cup cake wars this mess!!!

coz
01-06-2013, 04:17 PM

I'd watch too :D

CantRepeat
01-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Talent and skill right there!!! lol

02ProstarSammyD
01-06-2013, 04:37 PM
16 pages??? Learn to internet please!!!

User CP > Setting and Options > Edit Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page > 40

btw: dance offs are so 80s style. We need to cup cake wars this mess!!!

I'm too old to internet..........or three event

God I love cupcakes though

http://lghttp.17106.nexcesscdn.net/808773/magento/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/420x630/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/o/costume-sexy-jj1-10033blackpink.jpg

CantRepeat
01-06-2013, 04:54 PM
emmm, cups!

Aric'sX15
01-06-2013, 04:56 PM
LMAO. That is not wakesurfing there bud, but you keep telling yourself that. ;):D:D:D

i said i got him up on a wakesurf board.... nothing about actually surfing..

AZX45OD
01-06-2013, 05:51 PM
If she can do that on a surfboard, I bet she could slalom any course and do inverts on the wake board-at least in photo shop anyway.

CantRepeat
01-06-2013, 11:04 PM
I should need some pom poms!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFUOCLj6hZQ

mikeg205
01-07-2013, 12:26 AM
I'm too old to internet..........or three event

God I love cupcakes though

http://lghttp.17106.nexcesscdn.net/808773/magento/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/420x630/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/o/costume-sexy-jj1-10033blackpink.jpg

Ok... :) swim suit thread may have some competition... ;)

FourFourty
01-07-2013, 09:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

willyt
01-07-2013, 09:51 AM
hey guys,
did anyone happen to see that a competitor came out with a new surfing invention?

CantRepeat
01-07-2013, 12:45 PM
hey guys,
did anyone happen to see that a competitor came out with a new surfing invention?

Really? Where did you see that?

Aric'sX15
01-07-2013, 02:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

haha one of the greatest movies of all time...

medicmoose
01-07-2013, 07:29 PM
hey guys,

This is going to be like Groundhog Day!! I can't escape the loop!!!! 8p

medicmoose
01-07-2013, 07:33 PM
This is too funny...

Does anyone think Mastercraft cares whether you need to be an elite athlete to buy their boats? No, they only care that you have fun with your boat...

I'm pretty sure they are more concerned with your check clearing....you having fun with your boat comes a very distant 2nd!

MattsCraft
01-07-2013, 09:01 PM
hey guys,

Now that's funny right there, best comment in the entire thread Willy:D:D:D

Eagle
01-07-2013, 11:17 PM
I'm pretty sure they are more concerned with your check clearing....you having fun with your boat comes a very distant 2nd! Very true!

V-man
01-08-2013, 09:35 AM

Wake Surfing is a sport, and it is a serious sport with serious sponsorship. The growth has been exponential in the last few years, and I predict it will be the most popular water sport within a few short years to come. Just follow the money.

http://www.wakesurfchampionships.com/

http://thecwsa.org/

scott023
01-08-2013, 09:54 AM
I'm pretty sure they are more concerned with your check clearing....you having fun with your boat comes a very distant 2nd!

Folks, we have a winner.

JohnE
01-08-2013, 10:03 AM

I don't particulary care much for surfing either. But look at it this way. I (used to) go out a lot of days with a boat full of people that had never tried any tow sport. (I have others that I go out with just to ski) Nor did or would they have much opportunity to in the future. From litle kids to parents, I could pretty much get them all surfing. If I had to try to teach them to get up on a board or ski's it would ruin my day with all the frustration.

Roman
02-20-2014, 10:03 AM
I think wakesurfing is kind of cool, but I will admit ive never tried it.

As far as saying it requires no skill, well the same can be said for water skiing and wakeboarding and skiing and snowboarding......if all you are doing is just cruising behind the boat.

Nothing in its conception is ever good. Its the evolution of sport that will make it awesome one day. It just needs time

skitilldark
02-20-2014, 10:34 AM
I'm down with kyles rant and what he feels about the "sport" of wake surfing, but here is my take on it; I wake surf for a completely different reason. See, like most of you guys on this board, I have this "thing" that happens to me mentally when I get up on a slalom or a wakeboard. It's like a 12 year old demon possesses my every action and I end up doing things a 54 year old should never do. I'll try and do anything and probably should not be at this age, but there is just no reasoning with that 12 year old...I'm a victim just along for the ride until I break, pull, fracture, cut, bruise or turn something. Wake surfing allows me to just go and ride and the 12 year old demon stays in the boat.

MA190
02-20-2014, 11:33 AM
How about this video from TransWorld using a new MasterCraft with Gen 2........
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153858025125022

ap77
06-24-2014, 01:16 AM
A neighbour of mine just bought a Tige with the Convex VX technology. I don't like the look of this hull extension, but the technology sounds interesting and the wake it produces looks very clean. I am interested to see it in person later this summer. I hope Mastercraft develops some leading edge technology for wakesurfing...Gen2 seems like slight improvement on an old idea.

Here is a video on the Convex VX
http://youtu.be/FxmpSlBjA9w

Aric'sX15
06-24-2014, 01:58 AM
Convex vx is the dumbest idea ive ever heard. Its pretty much just a hull extension! No props to tige at all for that. Almost as good of an idea as the ASR lol

craig3972
06-24-2014, 02:05 PM
How did I miss out on 19 pages of a surf bashing thread? Love it!

BUMP!

Coffeyman76
06-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Wow, I actually read through all this....funny and painful. Really disappointed in the surf bashing though, especially considering people buy boats for 100 reasons and if they have the money to do it why bash their reasons. I never grew up with access to slalom courses nor really wake boarding to any extent. But I would never bash (or call fat, lazy, etc.) people who only wanted to do either of these, its pretty incredible watching both.

But kike it or not, surfing is the most popular (by FAR) sport on our lake, and is the fastest growing segment of the industry (surf specific boats/systems/boards anyone?). I would say 2 out of 3 water sport boats are surfing. Look surfing is super fun, great for friends who don't get to the lake much, great for kids, great for the babes to try and as challenging as you want to make it. Yeah, after 5 to 10 tries pretty much anyone can stay in the wave, drop the rope and maybe even carve a little but shuvs, spins, heel side, deck starts, airs...they are fun and fun to watch and tough. Sure, somebody that has been doing wakeboarding and slalom skiing their entire life, or comes from the snowboard or west coast surf camp will probably pick it up faster (no $*&T sherlock) but for the average Joe it is a fun and achievable challenge to land some of these tricks.

Better yet, most of the people I know are already in their mid to upper 30's or older by the time they can swing the wake boat anyways. They have kids and family and haven't spent 100 hours a week on the course. What better way than to get friends together and do a sport that is fun, good exercise and low impact.

And yeah it is terrible with loading a bunch of friends in a boat, going slow enough to converse with one another and have some laughs on the water. I don't remember the sign that read the lake days were supposed to be "hard resistance" or to choose the hardest road. Who the hell wants to pack a cooler and head out for a day of 7 concussions, 4 cracked vertebrae, broken leg, blah blah. Not me and not anyone I know, even if that means I get called fat, lazy and not a man or whatever nonsense that was.

Good rant(s) tho, props to everyone who does any of these sports and has fun doing it. More power to ya'.

atihanyi
06-24-2014, 10:30 PM
All I know is that I hope I don't see one of these on the lake we ski screwing up my smooth water and throwing waves that will swamp my open bow direct drive and eroding the shore line.... :) Just sayin....

amen brother