View Full Version : WTB: Fly High Pole

Lumbergh
01-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Wife wants the crap off the floor...

Looking for a Fly High pole for my PS.

Cheap is where its at.

mikeg205
01-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Remind her - it's not crap ;) it's water sports stuff... ;)

d2jp
01-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Extended pylons don't do much to get crap off of the floor. They are nice if you don't want to decapitate any rear seat passengers though.

I have one. But I don't have a board rack as I frequently remove the extended pylon and store it in the bow. Plus I have a bimini that we use a lot - I had a zipper installed in that to allow use with the pylon. Now...add a board rack to the equation and it gets more complicated every time you want to install the flyhigh, and/or the bimini. Not to mention you have to deal with the rope, and make sure it's clearing the boards, which are now awkwardly above the bimini. Flyhigh makes a rope extender, but that's just another thing to deal with.

Getting crap off of the floor is what a tower does well, but they are not cheap and then there is the whole PS190+tower debate.

I'm sure there are other opinions to come, this is just mine from my experience.

Lumbergh
01-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Yes the whole tower debate...still might consider that too.

clrussell
01-03-2013, 07:31 PM
I've got what you need.. It's not a fly high pole though.. It's a home made ext pylon that slips over the existing one and uses a bow strap.. I built 2 board racks on it.. Will hold 4 wake boards, or 2 wake boards and a knee board.. Bad thing is its about 45lbs and would be awkward to ship.. And is kinda hard on the original pylon because it scratches it. I'll go take a pic to give you an idea of what it is

Tapatalk

clrussell
01-03-2013, 07:38 PM

Forgive my horrible storage room wall.. It's a rent house..

The pole would be cheap, and with some sanding and painting it could actually look pretty good

Tapatalk

tlukens
01-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Maybe if you sandblast it and have it powder-coated it would get the blood and any other DNA off from the kid who hung on it scratching at the wall to get off of it.

clrussell
01-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Lmao I just fell out of my chair!

Tapatalk

Lumbergh
01-03-2013, 09:06 PM
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr66/Lumbergh556/UncleRico.jpg

Rockman
01-03-2013, 09:47 PM

Forgive my horrible storage room wall.. It's a rent house..

The pole would be cheap, and with some sanding and painting it could actually look pretty good

Tapatalk

Are those blood smears on the wall?:confused::eek3:

clrussell
01-03-2013, 09:52 PM
They might be.. I never asked.. We have lived here 2years and have always heard weird noises lol

Tapatalk

SkiFreak92
01-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Hey there I have a Skylon Pole no other adaptions for it but it is a good start to get stuff off the ground. We have barely used it and it is broken up into three pieces that can be shipped easily. In the boat it is about an 8 foot pole.

SkiFreak92
01-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Here are the Pictures

Lumbergh
01-07-2013, 12:06 AM

Thanks.

tideengineer
01-07-2013, 02:18 PM
if not sold...PM me....

Dylan
01-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Extended pylons don't do much to get crap off of the floor. They are nice if you don't want to decapitate any rear seat passengers though.

I have one. But I don't have a board rack as I frequently remove the extended pylon and store it in the bow. Plus I have a bimini that we use a lot - I had a zipper installed in that to allow use with the pylon. Now...add a board rack to the equation and it gets more complicated every time you want to install the flyhigh, and/or the bimini. Not to mention you have to deal with the rope, and make sure it's clearing the boards, which are now awkwardly above the bimini. Flyhigh makes a rope extender, but that's just another thing to deal with.

Getting crap off of the floor is what a tower does well, but they are not cheap and then there is the whole PS190+tower debate.

I'm sure there are other opinions to come, this is just mine from my experience.

Great information above, and I could not agree more.

We have a Barefoot international Fly High pole, and the matching rack. We can put wakeboards and sometimes a wakeskate up there. It will not hold skiis. Putting the pole up and down is a major PITA! We usually keep it up all day if anyone is bringing their own equipment. I would highly recommend finding a pole with the racks already bought, and installed.