PDA

View Full Version : WTB '93 190 Tandem Trailer

Kyle
12-31-2012, 06:57 AM
I want a tandem trailer for my boat. I am willing to buy, trade, swap, etc my single axle for a Tandem.

There is absolutely nothing at all wrong with my current trailer. Has good working brakes, new step surfaces, LED lights all around, new winch, new running tires and spare 2012, new leaf springs, etc.

I just want a tandem. I like the look better and that is it. I don't care about the 2 extra tire cost, bearings, wheels, brakes etc that go with having 2 extra wheels. I travel less than 10 miles each lake trip so mileage is always low. I also don't care about having it fit into a tight storage spot.

I just like the look of a tandem.

If you are willing to swap, sell, trade, etc then please let me know.

Also if you are selling your boat and would be willing to sell it with a single instead of a tandem and are willing to sell, swap, trade, etc prior to your sale please let me know.

I can assure you that my trailer is in good condition. My MCOCD did not just stop with having a tip top shape boat. My MCOCD was also included in trailer maintenance, washing, waxing, etc.

Now about the tandem..... I don't care about the brakes, lights, winch, bunks, strap on the tandem. I do care about the fenders, being in good shape and no rusted out frames. Yes I know they rust, chip, show use, etc. This being said, I don't mind doing a little work on a tandem restoring it. I just ask that it is not rusted out or have busted fenders.

Thanks

Kyle

Jerseydave
12-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Kyle, I agree.....you cannot beat the look of a tandem trailer! Here's a pic of my '93 just to get your blood flowing! :)

Have you contacted Jim@BAWS? He could keep an eye out for one for you.....he seems to find those hidden gems sometimes.

Ski-me
12-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Hey....those wheels don't match your spare!! :uglyhamme

that's just no good.

Sorry I inspired you Kyle with my trade.....

Kyle
12-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Hey....those wheels don't match your spare!! :uglyhamme

that's just no good.

Sorry I inspired you Kyle with my trade.....

Naw man

I have always wanted a tandem since the day I bought my boat. I just think that here would be a friendlier place to ask than calling every boat trader and CL ad. They normally just hang up on me.

Although I have looked for years my search is not over.

DemolitionMan
12-31-2012, 03:42 PM
93 190 on a tandem trailer looks great!

Kyle
12-31-2012, 04:05 PM
You guys are teasing me..........

Ok if you wanna post up bada$$ 190's on tandem trailers then help me find one so I can be a bada$$ too. :)

Jerseydave
12-31-2012, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE=Ski-me;898866]Hey....those wheels don't match your spare!! :uglyhamme

that's just no good.

I know, just temporary though. I'm going with a custom airbrushed tire cover this season.

Kyle, I'll keep my eyes out for a trailer for you! Have you considered a new Boatmate or similar?

Kyle
12-31-2012, 07:05 PM
Dave

I have considered the new route.

I just would want low profile with all the bells and whistles along with stainless fenders and I don't want to spend 5k plus on a trailer. Then have a single axle that I have to find a home for.

Stritt
01-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Little more than $5k for new tandem closer to $6k loaded as you described from Boatmate. We sold our MC tandem for 2k in 2 days on Craigslist....net $4k ballpark. Our MC trailer was for a 2000 star, the axle setup caused the shackles to bind....decided to start new with what we wanted.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Little more than $5k for new tandem closer to $6k loaded as you described from Boatmate. We sold our MC tandem for 2k in 2 days on Craigslist....net $4k ballpark. Our MC trailer was for a 2000 star, the axle setup caused the shackles to bind....decided to start new with what we wanted.

Looks darn nice.

Kyle
01-03-2013, 12:46 PM
That's a real nice boatmate trailer.

I will not justify $6k on a trailer yet.

TxsRiverRat
01-03-2013, 01:03 PM
That's a real nice boatmate trailer.

I will not justify $6k on a trailer yet.

So, did you not like my GFs boat trailer Kyle...?

That was ALOT less than 6K...

Kyle
01-03-2013, 06:11 PM
So, did you not like my GFs boat trailer Kyle...?

That was ALOT less than 6K...

Not a tandem either.

I want swing tongue, led lights, boat buddy, transom tie downs, disc brakes etc

I can't get that for 3k and you know that.

clrussell
01-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Kyle what color is your trailer? I just found a listing on c.l with a guy with an 89 ps190 that has a tandem trailer.. Who knows guy might want to deal

Tapatalk

DemolitionMan
01-03-2013, 08:10 PM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/3519420860.html

DemolitionMan
01-03-2013, 08:12 PM
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/3516621068.html

DemolitionMan
01-03-2013, 08:15 PM
http://fortsmith.craigslist.org/boa/3469273893.html

clrussell
01-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Never mind scratch my question, it looks like demo man has you covered!

Tapatalk

Kyle
01-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Thanks demo

Contacted all leads. Appreciate it

ncsone
01-03-2013, 08:43 PM
You are right - tandems just look and pull better.

Kyle
01-03-2013, 09:04 PM
What brand of trailer is under that TT?

TxsRiverRat
01-04-2013, 10:45 AM
I would not use a 205 trailer under a 190 boat. Speaking from personal experience with my old sea ray and trailer, the weight distribution would be off.

Kyle, call Tim or Jimmy and have 'em give you a quote - they could have made her trailer a tandem, but for the 1/2 mile we pull her boat to the ramp, why...?

MC

ncsone
01-04-2013, 11:00 AM
What brand of trailer is under that TT?

Kyle - that is a Boatmate trailer. I purchased it in Sept., 2011 and sold my S/A MC trailer. I will say that the new trailer loads, drives and looks much better than the original trailer.

Plus, for me, the Reliable brakes on my original trailer were giving me problems constantly. The new trailer has a different make of hubs/axles/brakes and it has been issue free so far.

-NCS

oxberger
01-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Kyle, try Rambo Marine in Alabama. They usually have a big selection of trailers. They have some listed on their website. They are really helpful too if you call them.

Stritt
01-04-2013, 02:12 PM
I would not use a 205 trailer under a 190 boat. Speaking from personal experience with my old sea ray and trailer, the weight distribution would be off.

Kyle, call Tim or Jimmy and have 'em give you a quote - they could have made her trailer a tandem, but for the 1/2 mile we pull her boat to the ramp, why...?

MC

Agree....that is why we bought new and sold the MC trailer. 205 with 205v/xstar would not load the springs correctly the shackles would bind due to the weight not being centered correctly.

Stritt
01-04-2013, 02:18 PM
http://fortsmith.craigslist.org/boa/3469273893.html

Buy this....swap trailers and sell...make some $$ in the process versus spending. How could you lose?

Ski-me
01-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Buy this....swap trailers and sell...make some $$ in the process versus spending. How could you lose?

Could be interesting..... Bet you could get it for $6,000 and then re-sale for $8,000. Definitely more of a hassle but could be worth it. :cool:

TxsRiverRat
01-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Kyle, remember we go by boat rotation at the lake - we could have 5 boats for you, me, taylor and travis... ;) :D

Kyle
01-07-2013, 02:37 PM
BUMP

I have nothing back on the leads yet

Kyle
01-07-2013, 03:17 PM
ok talked to the CL ad from ATL

I would need to cut the bow V stop and the stop for the boat buddy and move it to the rear of the trailer about a foot.

Is this worth it.

Also trying to work a trade deal with my trailer

ATL is far form tx though

AZDave
01-08-2013, 12:45 PM
I may be in the market for a new trailer. I would have to strip and galvanize it. How is the crossmember behind the axel on yours? And the prop guard?

Kyle
01-08-2013, 01:29 PM
My trailer is in great shape. There is nothing wrong with it and it is solid.

I am doing this just for LOOKS. Has NOTHING to do with function or need for a new trailer.

Basically I am wasting my money for style.

FrankSchwab
01-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Well, Dave, I don't mean to step on Kyle here, but I've got a galvanized single-axle under my Maristar that I was looking to upgrade to a tandem. You'd have to do some bunk-work to match the different hull-shape.

And I'm probably close.

Kyle
01-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Well, Dave, I don't mean to step on Kyle here, but I've got a galvanized single-axle under my Maristar that I was looking to upgrade to a tandem. You'd have to do some bunk-work to match the different hull-shape.

And I'm probably close.

You better not steal a tandem sale from me too...... ;)

Kyle
04-10-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm still wanting a factory Mastercraft Tandem trailer......

Kyle
04-16-2013, 12:30 PM
bump.....

19_Skier
04-16-2013, 12:53 PM
I have a tandem under my 2001 19Skier, they sure do look nice but I would rather have a single for all it gets used - more a pain in the a$$ for me since they are so hard to maneuver. Good luck with the search Kyle!

Kyle
04-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Sure would be nice to trade with ya.......

19_Skier
04-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Sure would be nice to trade with ya.......

It's a long way to go for a swap of trailers, are they compatible?

Kyle
04-16-2013, 02:08 PM
It's a long way to go for a swap of trailers, are they compatible?

Yes they are the same.

Canada is so freaking far though.

How much do you hate the maneuver issues?

Sodar
04-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Kyle, what if you added an axle?

We could take this to the next level and I could sell you my fiberglass fenders, so I could move the stainless fenders I've always wanted...

I'm not sure how "period correct" you want to be.

east tx skier
04-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Kyle, why not just buy a trailer manufacturer? Wouldn't that be easier.

http://trailersbydorsey.com/

But to add to Cameron's point, it might be less trouble to have a good company do a dual axle conversion. A friend of mine took his single axle to Dorsey (when they were still in business) and had it done.

How hard could it be? :)

19_Skier
04-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Yes they are the same.

Canada is so freaking far though.

How much do you hate the maneuver issues?

well I only have my father-in-law to help and he isn't getting any younger. The trailer sits all summer, only used to transport the boat to and from storage every year. Like you said, it's so freakin' far though.

thatsmrmastercraft
04-16-2013, 02:21 PM

But to add to Cameron's point, it might be less trouble to have a good company do a dual axle conversion. A friend of mine took his single axle to Dorsey (when they were still in business) and had it done.

Perfect option Doug.

Kyle
04-16-2013, 02:24 PM
well I only have my father-in-law to help and he isn't getting any younger. The trailer sits all summer, only used to transport the boat to and from storage every year. Like you said, it's so freakin' far though.

It's 1225 miles from ft worth to Ontario Canada.

I'm sure I can find a trailer or lift to put my boat on and haul an empty trailer that would save huge on the fuel.

When do you drop your boat in for summer.

thatsmrmastercraft
04-16-2013, 02:26 PM
You guys need to haul empty trailers and meet half-way. Just sayin'

Kyle
04-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Kyle, what if you added an axle?

We could take this to the next level and I could sell you my fiberglass fenders, so I could move the stainless fenders I've always wanted...

I'm not sure how "period correct" you want to be.

Your fenders would be awesome.

Here is the deal. Fenders have a cost. So does the axle and tires.

I would have more in my presidential rigging than swapping with someone.

Kyle
04-16-2013, 02:29 PM

Doug how bout you finance me for buying the business. I'll have them build me a real nice trailer for "company demonstration" and then I'll sell the business and pay you back. Lol

Sodar
04-16-2013, 02:31 PM
I understand completely. I was more throwing it out there for the benefit of me! :)

19_Skier
04-16-2013, 02:39 PM
It's 1225 miles from ft worth to Ontario Canada.

I'm sure I can find a trailer or lift to put my boat on and haul an empty trailer that would save huge on the fuel.

When do you drop your boat in for summer.

Usually first weekend of May - may be later this year if it doesn't warm up!

You guys need to haul empty trailers and meet half-way. Just sayin'

there's a lot of details that we'd need to discuss for sure...

east tx skier
04-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Doug how bout you finance me for buying the business. I'll have them build me a real nice trailer for "company demonstration" and then I'll sell the business and pay you back. Lol

Frankly, I just want them back in business. They were a good outfit.

But, seriously, the conversion might not be as costly as you imagine. I had a guy that modifies travel trailers make some modifications to my old MC trailer and it worked out very well.

Kyle
04-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Usually first weekend of May - may be later this year if it doesn't warm up!

there's a lot of details that we'd need to discuss for sure...

Agree 100%

What part if Ontario Canada do you live. What is half way. I'm looking at a map and trying to find out easiest way there. MCOCD lol

Ok we need to work out details. Lordy where do we begin.

I know 110% my trailer will make it anywhere. New rubber and LED lights along with good brakes.

I'm not trying to get out of a beater bomb pos. I'm just wanting a tandem. Nothing is wrong with my trailer. I just want a tandem and my MCOCD is going crazy over it.

Sodar
04-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Looks like St. Louis is about half way.

19 Skier is from Courtice, ON.

Kyle
04-16-2013, 03:07 PM
In the state of Texas aparantly you dont have a trailer title. I bought my boat out of Oklahoma and think that I have the Title but it was never registered to my name. The state of Texas Tax Accessors office told me we dont need that. They looked at the bill of sale and gave me trailer tags. They said that in Texas trailers under a certain weight carring load do not get titles or some kind of nonsense. All I know is that I get a Stat of Texas renewal every year and they keep giving me license plate tags.

I dont know how this works in other states or Canada.

I am 99.99999% sure that I can find the title for Oklahoma and iirc it has been notarized.

19_Skier
04-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Looks like St. Louis is about half way.

19 Skier is from Courtice, ON.

yes sir, east side of Toronto. That's about what I get as well, St. Louis area.

Agree 100%

What part if Ontario Canada do you live. What is half way. I'm looking at a map and trying to find out easiest way there. MCOCD lol

Ok we need to work out details. Lordy where do we begin.

I know 110% my trailer will make it anywhere. New rubber and LED lights along with good brakes.

I'm not trying to get out of a beater bomb pos. I'm just wanting a tandem. Nothing is wrong with my trailer. I just want a tandem and my MCOCD is going crazy over it.

Haha - I've seen your work and your photos so I know your trailer is no pos I'd be more worried about my trailer to be honest, it needs some work which I planned on doing this summer.

If you can wait until I get the boat out of storage and off the trailer then I can take some pictures to better document the condition, then we can discuss?

Kyle
04-16-2013, 03:31 PM
yes sir, east side of Toronto. That's about what I get as well, St. Louis area.

Haha - I've seen your work and your photos so I know your trailer is no pos I'd be more worried about my trailer to be honest, it needs some work which I planned on doing this summer.

If you can wait until I get the boat out of storage and off the trailer then I can take some pictures to better document the condition, then we can discuss?

Sounds good

east tx skier
04-16-2013, 03:33 PM
I sold my old MC and trailer to a Canadian. St. Louis is about half way. Kyle, all I did was write up bill of sale for the trailer and he said he had no problem getting it home.

I recommend driving to Memphis, spending the night, then driving to St. Louis. It's not a bad drive at all.

madcityskier
04-16-2013, 10:05 PM
I dont know how this works in other states or Canada.

In Wisconsin we just drive 'em. No title, no licemse, no plates. Makes hauling a real pita, as people like to stop you for towing an unregistered trailer.

clrussell
04-16-2013, 10:14 PM
If y'all swap what about a trailer convoy service? Might take longer.. I live 4 hours from Memphis and 4 hours from St. Louis.. I wouldn't mind running to either and pulling a trailer for y'all. If someone needed to I've even got a spare room to sleep in

Tapatalk

DemolitionMan
05-21-2013, 09:51 PM
This does not look like a Mc trailer but it does have a MC decal on it.

http://augusta.craigslist.org/boa/3819116455.html