PDA

View Full Version : ski clubs in Houston?

aarosurf
12-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Does anybody know of a decent ski club in Houston? I'm looking for something closer in than Conroe.

I've found some information in this thread -

http://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/6745/ski-clubs-near-houston

but wanted to check here if anyone knew of any other clubs.

Tricky1
12-26-2012, 10:03 AM
There are multiple tournament ski sites in the Houston area, including 1) Lakes of Cypress (northwest) 2) Terra Mare (northeast) 3) Lakes of Katy (west) 4) Lago Santa Fe (south) 5) Ski Texas (south). You might check with M2 Sports on Westheimer and ask if they still sell rides at a private facility in south Houston near the Astrodome. There is also a private site in northeast Houston called Banana Bend, that used to have a ski club. Most of the tournament sites listed are private, and require land ownership (or a lease from a property owner) to ski on the sites. I live in northeast Houston and ski'ed on the San Jacinto River for years, until I started skiing at Terra Mare exclusively. You can call me at 713.410.1331 and I'll try to give you more information on Banana Bend and the M3 site, but give me a few days to get that information for you.

TxsRiverRat
12-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Does anybody know of a decent ski club in Houston? I'm looking for something closer in than Conroe.

Ski Texas, Rosharon - jim@lsfdev.com

Lakes of Katy, Katy - gwhonc@yahoo.com

Terramare Lakes, Crosby - jerrywbautschdds@embarqmail.com

Stevenson Ski Ranch, Conroe - h2oskiers@consolidated.net

Angel Lake Water Ski Club, Alleyton - cmcmath@earthlink.net