PDA

View Full Version : San Diego

jeverett
12-18-2012, 02:48 PM
I am considering a move back to San Diego. In fact I have already completed negotiations with a Company, It is just a matter of ironing out the relocation details. I went to College in San Diego but it has been 20 years since I lived there.

I am looking at living in north county, and was wondering where your favorite places to boat / Wake board are. I have an older ('93 PS 190) so I am not apposed to putting a salt water kit on it to play in Mission Bay, but I also may just sell it when I get it down there anyway. I am open to all suggestions. Jim@BAWS if you see this I will be needing a New Trailer (SW) if I do that, so if you could PM me your information that would be kool.

Thanks for the advise.

JustinLoFlow
12-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Elsinore is the only public fresh water spot that I know of. Canyon is waaaaaay sick but you have to live on the lake to put your boat in the water. Thats all I know of... anyone else?

jeverett
12-18-2012, 04:21 PM
That is what I figured so I am prepared to put a SW package on my boat and try and get a few more years of fun out of her.

jeverett
12-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Anyone have a SW package they want to sell that will fit a '93 PS 190. I want to do it right so I will want to do the exhaust as well.

Sodar
12-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Smell-some-more is cool for a quick day trip. The Colorado river is where everyone heads for the weekends. Mission Bay has a course and is cool if you are setting your boat up for the salt bath. When I looked into installing a complete closed system, it was cheaper to replace the manifolds and risers every 5-7 years than it was to try to install a closed system. I went with a block only system and then never dumped it in the salt. What a waste.

jeverett
12-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks Cameron: Kind of dicey running an inboard in the river isn't it? Do you have luck with that, I am pretty good at reading the water but the bottom can come up on you fast! I know Mead and Havasu are an option too.

Sodar
12-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Thanks Cameron: Kind of dicey running an inboard in the river isn't it? Do you have luck with that, I am pretty good at reading the water but the bottom can come up on you fast! I know Mead and Havasu are an option too.

No, a lot of people run the river with inboards. It all depends on when and where you go. Mead and Havasu are both categorized as "the river", too.

jeverett
12-18-2012, 06:43 PM
I think I still might set up for SW, do you have any recommendations for a good set up?

Sodar
12-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Orca (http://www.orcamarine.com/) is the big player in the game. Their systems are easy to install. I had mine installed at the dealer and I would have probably done it myself had I know how easy it was.

jeverett
12-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Thanks Cameron now I need a galvanized trailer too!

Sodar
12-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Wait until you get down here and have Pacific build you a welded aluminum trailer. They are by far the best looking aluminum trailers on the west coast. They weigh half of their galvanized counterparts and hold up better to the salt bath than the galvanized trailer will.

http://www.pacifictrailers.com/Aluminum-Boat-Trailers/

JustinLoFlow
12-19-2012, 12:55 AM
If you're willing to go that far, havasu is always nice as soon as it opens up pasted copper canyon. further south is Lake Martinez in Yuma, Az. and Lake Mohave in Laughlin. If you don't go SW you still have a lot of options.

jeverett
12-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Orca (http://www.orcamarine.com/) is the big player in the game. Their systems are easy to install. I had mine installed at the dealer and I would have probably done it myself had I know how easy it was.

Funny thing these guys are right down the street from me here in Bellingham, WA. I'm gonna pick up a kit before I move and save the shipping.:)

jeverett
12-19-2012, 05:32 PM
If you're willing to go that far, havasu is always nice as soon as it opens up pasted copper canyon. further south is Lake Martinez in Yuma, Az. and Lake Mohave in Laughlin. If you don't go SW you still have a lot of options.

I think I am going to do the SW kit and enjoy Mission Bay since it will be really close. If my boat were new I would care but since it is 20 yrs old then it really won't affect the value any. I just need about 4 yrs more fun out of it and then I am going Cabin Cruiser.