sizzler
09-11-2005, 04:57 PM
heres the one i didn't ski away from...

sizzler
09-11-2005, 04:58 PM
will definately have a few lessons....... 8p

PendO
09-11-2005, 05:00 PM
NiCe! What made you decide to go after 17 years?

sizzler
09-11-2005, 05:10 PM
some of my mates kids were up at the lake trying it for the first time,and ,well there was a spare place....so one beer leads to another,,the next thing i know is ive got a helmet on....

PendO
09-11-2005, 05:47 PM
some of my mates kids were up at the lake trying it for the first time,and ,well there was a spare place....so one beer leads to another,,the next thing i know is ive got a helmet on....

Just looking at that helmet makes me realize how dangerous that sport is ... glad to hear beer was involved as it no doubt limbered you up a PROPS to you sizzler, nice pic with Emily on the surfboard;)

sizzler
09-12-2005, 03:14 AM
i kept picturing that guys leg that ERK posted last week........thats why i had my brace on....

jraben8
09-12-2005, 06:49 AM
It looks like you were looking down in picture 2. Definately keep your head up and try to focus on the horizon as long as you can.

sizzler
09-12-2005, 06:52 AM
yeah ,,think i was trying to sho'boat for the crowd ....landed the previous ones

Leroy
09-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Sizzler; Looks like perfect form if you were bent over kissing your a$$ goodbye! :uglyhamme

I would never try that myself, but way to go!

heres the one i didn't ski away from...

Jorski
09-12-2005, 08:45 AM
....so one beer leads to another,,the next thing i know is ive got a helmet on....

Haha...one of my favourite articles ever was in Powder Magazine was about a helicopter skiing trip in the Bugaboos..it started like this:

The only thing that I can tell you about this trip with complete certainty is that if you get a bunch of guys in a room with a bunch of beer, you can be sure that at least one really bad idea will be thought of - and agreed upon...

stevo137
09-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Great shots Sizzler.
Two things that I stay away from footin' and jumpin'.
I tried it a few times when I was young, not for me!
A old friend of mine was a very good competitive jumper until he took a very bad fall during an event.
The fall broke his helmit and shattered his eardrum.
We enjoyed watching him, a few of us would stand under the ramp with buckets to keep the ramp wet for him...

jraben8
09-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Sizzler,

At least you're trying it. It is a rush from what I remember. Also, it looks like your arms are extended too far which won't help keeping the OTF fall from happening. I don't know if this will help but I was always told - shoulders over hips over knees over toes. I think my longest was 88-90 feet like that with a single wake cut.

Keep it up. This is one event that you can improve amazingly fast if you are safe about it.

Jerry

stevo137
09-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Haha...one of my favourite articles ever was in Powder Magazine was about a helicopter skiing trip in the Bugaboos..it started like this:

The only thing that I can tell you about this trip with complete certainty is that if you get a bunch of guys in a room with a bunch of beer, you can be sure that at least one really bad idea will be thought of - and agreed upon...

Looks like we'll have a few new ideas at Mania!

sizzler
09-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Sizzler,

At least you're trying it. It is a rush from what I remember. Also, it looks like your arms are extended too far which won't help keeping the OTF fall from happening. I don't know if this will help but I was always told - shoulders over hips over knees over toes. I think my longest was 88-90 feet like that with a single wake cut.

Keep it up. This is one event that you can improve amazingly fast if you are safe about it.

Jerry

at 37 , at least i can start with the veterans :D

Leroy
09-16-2005, 12:46 PM
At 45 guess I would start with the handicap'd and disabled! 8p

at 37 , at least i can start with the veterans :D

tex
09-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Knees, Trees, Freeze!
You look down...you fall down!