PDA

View Full Version : new interior 87 ps190

reftech
12-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Hey guys here are the pics of my interior done by viper customs.I couldn't be happier with the results!! The pics dont do it justice at all! The main material is silver carbon fiber with brushed aluminum inserts and metallic blue piping and lettering.carpet is grey.

orbeamlb
12-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Beautiful interior. What brand/weight carpet is that? Looks like your 190 has the same Grey/Blue hull color as my 200.

tph
12-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Nice work. I see you dispensed with the side storage pockets. Did you want more floor space?

reftech
12-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Orb I don't know what density the carpet is but its very plush feeling.I just left the boat with Jim at viper and let him do his thing.all I did was specify colors.yes I did away with the side storage pockets to clean the boat up and add floor space.the only drawback is I will have to clean all the beer cans out when I load the boat on the trailer every putting now because they usually got stuffed in the side pockets;)

Eljaybee
12-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Wow, looks great. I love the colors. I think my boat is right behind yours on the project schedule. Congratulations on a great looking boat!

reftech
12-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Eljay thanks man! They had your motorbox finished when I went to pick mine up and were working on your seats.its looking great man and I'm sure u will be pleased! He should be calling u to come get yours before long!

Ryan
12-16-2012, 07:11 PM
They do such good work. After they did my boat, I was most surprised by how much I enjoyed new carpet!

Nice color and texture selections. Did you give them specific direction or just let them run with it?

CC2MC
12-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Wow, yet another great looking interior from Viper.

ProStar Slalom
12-17-2012, 09:05 AM
One of the nicest new interiors I've ever seen in an older boat--looks great!

reftech
12-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Ryan I specified what colors I wanted and then let them run with the design.cc2mc yes those guys are amazing! The quality is superb! Check out my other post on this resto and it will explain it all..this interior was ripped to shreds.psslalom thank you for the compliment! Now I've got to find a steering wheel to match the interior..the old worn out stock grant has to go!

LeRoi 87 PS
01-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Wow looks great! I have the 87 as well. same color scheme. Was your carpet Navy blue before? Doing our interior next season.

DooSPX
01-15-2013, 08:53 AM
Wow, looks great! Really updated the look of the boat with that interior. Great color choices too. Exact colors at my factory interior in my 91. Now I have some thinking to do....:rolleyes:

reftech
01-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Yep the carpet was navy originally thanks guys for the compliments..doospx go ahead and do your interior man there's plenty of time left before the season begins haha it's only money!!!

02ProstarSammyD
01-15-2013, 12:48 PM
^I'm having Jim do mine in the same material. Beautiful boat man@!

Storm34
01-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Looks great!

Any chance they are making patterns for these interior jobs? I have a friend with a 90 who would like to have his done here in Iowa.

Cloaked
01-15-2013, 08:05 PM
^I'm having Jim do mine in the same material. Beautiful boat man@!

Huh? You tire kicking or crawfishin'? :confused:

Yea think I've actually canned this. Talked to the general (wifey wannabe) last night and she can't get the time off work to stay up there for a few days to let them finish. She was also far less happy when I said we could just drive the 16hr roundtrip 2x with just our 5x8 trailer lol. Plan ended and we are just gonna send off the skins. Have a buddy 2 hours down the road that does some upholstery work and hes gonna help me do the skins. Was shocked he agreed to beer and materials and beats the mess out of 500 in gas+32 hours of window time.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52290

nickespi
01-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Looks great, reftech! Your outcome was the one that made me decide to go with Jim at Viper.

MikeyOrange88
01-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Perfect timing for me to see you change the dark blue carpet to the gray. I've got an '88 Tristar, dark blue and white hull, same dark blue carpet. I'm preparing to change the carpet, but just couldn't quite pull the trigger on the color yet, blue or gray. I've got half a dozen or so samples from Corinthiian carpets of their dark blue and gray colors. Some are patterned, similar to what I think the newer boats have. I'm trying to get my hands on some Syntec carpet samples. Sure would love to know what weight/manuf. Viper uses, looks like a nice heavy cut pile. Great looking interior.

madcityskier
01-16-2013, 12:47 AM
Very nice. Great work going on with this boat.

ricford
01-16-2013, 05:48 PM
If I'm out of line for asking let me know, but approximately how much is an interior like that cost? Just tire kicking at this point, but that is a fantastic looking interior!

reftech
01-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys it means a lot coming from a group of enthusiasts! Sammy the carbon fiber material jim has at viper is incredible! I did the seats in a previous boat I restored with material I purchased locally and it didn't compare at all to what him uses. U will be more than happy with the materials he uses! Mikey I can say the same about the carpet he uses it is very dense and the pile is great! It's very superior quality to what the shops around me use or what I've put in my boats in the past.thanks again guys I am very pleased with the results to this point and after all the work I've done i hope to get quite a few seasons out of it. The job from viper was 3050.00 and he had to actually build the observers seat and side panels because they were missing. They are composite material. He also had to replace all the foam.they also powder coated several parts and did some Gelcoat repair all in that price. I will definitely be using viper on my future projects!!

nickespi
01-16-2013, 07:17 PM
^agreed! His prices are super low. I got a quote for $4500 for my X-30 from a local guy just for seats. Jim's quote was lower, included Sea-Dek flooring, and a custom walk-thru. Well worth the drive for me.

reftech
01-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Nickespi the local guys here told me 2500 if I brought them the seats and that didn't include carpeting or constructing the missing pieces.. Viper is da shiznit!!

ricford
01-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Wow, that's an amazing price. When I'm ready I may need to make a trek south. A 10 hour drive to Tennessee for me, but it looks like it's worth it.

reftech
01-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Ricford it was 4.5 for me (not near as long as your trip would be) but it was worth every mile!

Eljaybee
01-16-2013, 10:18 PM
I agree. I towed my PS190 from Philadelphia and I feel it was worth every penny. Great work Jim!

flya750
01-19-2013, 03:47 PM
So with Viper your only option is to bring in the boat? I have an email into them already.

ahhudgins
01-19-2013, 06:20 PM
Orb I don't know what density the carpet is but its very plush feeling.I just left the boat with Jim at viper and let him do his thing.all I did was specify colors.yes I did away with the side storage pockets to clean the boat up and add floor space.the only drawback is I will have to clean all the beer cans out when I load the boat on the trailer every putting now because they usually got stuffed in the side pockets;)

I cut the bottoms out of the coming pads on my 87 as well (which I no longer own). It cleared up a lot of floor space because I could fit a wakeboard under each side. When I traded the boat in at a dealer, it took him a second to figure out why there was so much room on each side of the motor box. He liked the idea.

That is a VERY nice interior. Make sure all the kids bring along red Kool-Aid and freeze pops!:D

Cloaked
01-19-2013, 08:18 PM
So with Viper your only option is to bring in the boat? I have an email into them already.They accept shipped interior components. The guy that does the work (it's not Jim J.) prefers the boat present to fit the pieces in the boat and see that they fit properly when placed into position.

I have seen interior pieces boxed, strapped to a pallet, and shipped. Some here have done just that and have been pleased with the results as well as not having to make the drive. Considering the cost of fuel, wear and tear on the vehicle, and what my time is worth, if I lived much more than 4 hours out, I'd consider shipping. Packing onto a pallet allows the trucking company to load as well as Viper's place to handle the pallet... with a fork lift.

reftech
01-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Hahaha Hudgins I know man I don't even want to use the boat now for fear of messing the interior up!!

reftech
01-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Installed the head unit and side panel speakers today..

reftech
01-20-2013, 06:06 PM
More pics

reftech
01-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Observers seat

Eljaybee
01-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Great choice for the speaker grills! What Kenwood head unit is that?

reftech
01-20-2013, 09:20 PM
It's the kenwood kmr-550u

Eljaybee
01-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks. I am looking to replace mine.

reftech
01-21-2013, 09:12 PM
They make a few cheaper but I needed three sets of RCA outs to run my amps. Check out sonic electronix.com they have great deals an audio equipment.