PDA

View Full Version : looking for that stocking stuffer?

milkmania
12-14-2012, 05:25 PM
too bad closest raceway is 5 hours away:(

"Race Fan Favorite"
Suit up and get ready to race! Following the drivers meeting and safety training with your Crew Chief, you will get behind the wheel and drive a real NASCAR race car for a timed racing session around one of the nationís top super speedways. Youíll be in control and drive an actual NASCAR race car that has been formerly raced by Dale Jr., Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick, Tony Stewart or another NASCAR star. There is no pace car to follow and no instructor riding with you. Drivers get one-on-one feedback from a Personal Racing Instructor through an exclusive Racing Electronics in-car radio communications system as you drive the 5-minute timed racing session.

Upon completion of the experience, youíll receive a full color Graduate Certificate printed with the top speed, souvenir racing license and RE ear buds.

3-hour experience. Drive one 5-minute timed session.

Package includes $35 mandatory Drivers Fee, Insurance and Souvenir Racing License.

Locations:
Atlanta Motor Speedway
Auto Club Speedway - Fontana, CA
Charlotte Motor Speedway
Darlington Raceway - SC
Chicagoland Speedway
Kentucky Motor Speedway
New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Texas Motor Speedway
Homestead Miami Speedway
Myrtle Beach Speedway
Phoenix International Raceway

Gift Cards are good for 2 years: Must be redeemed for a reservation. Reservations are required. Member can view the current schedule online at www.NascarRacingExperience.com or call a customer crew member at 1.877.RACE.LAP (722.3527) to inquire about dates and times available.

ahhudgins
12-14-2012, 06:39 PM
I had two friends who did this several years ago and they said that they were rather disappointed. They had to follow behind another car and they both said that it wasnít worth the money. But as I said, this was a long time ago.

Iím still holding out for a 8000HP ride!:D

trickskier
12-14-2012, 06:56 PM
I did the Richard Petty Driving Experience several years ago at Daytona International Speedway. I did have to follow a pace car but I reached speeds of 165 MPH down the back stretch. It was awesome and I hope to do it again someday!

onewheat
12-14-2012, 10:22 PM
I had a friend do laps at Talladega - had an instructor in the car with him, but passed several others drivers who were "off his pace" and hit 165 or so. That would be just over a minute a lap so about 11 minutes or so driving. He loved it. I would be all over that on a larger track or I'd want more laps on a shorter track. Get a group of guys to go and make it a weekend. What's a 5 hour drive?

jgraham37128
12-14-2012, 10:29 PM
I did it last year in Nashville thru a company called RACETech, I belive. No pace car and honestly I thought I was going to spin it out each time I came in the corner. We were flying and the guy talking to us thru the radio in the helpmet was like let it rip..... I was thinking wow I'm going to crash this thing but kept it together. While we were waiting one guy did spin his in the corner. Looked just like Nascar too. We all decided to buy the insurace after seeing the spin. I would love to do Talledaga, I had a freind that did it there and said he flat footed all the way around. No way you could've done that in Nashville unless you wanted to end up in the outside wall.

It was worth it and I will do it again.

JG