PDA

View Full Version : Winter is here!!!

ski_patrol_72
09-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Hi guys, well its that time to put away the water toys and get ready for the winter stuff. This snowfall happened last night, it was about 6" of the white wonderful stuff. Yahoo, the seasons are changing. :)

Time to get that winterize done and get things all tucked away for the winter.

SKI*MC
09-10-2005, 10:14 PM
whaaaat!!!? where doi you live!? We dont winterize our boat until late October!

mcprostar197
09-10-2005, 10:17 PM
damn! cant wait for winter since my boats been away for a few weeks!

TalleyHo
09-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Do what to your boat? Winterize? Oh yea... that's the process of draining the water out of the block, etc... the night before we actually get near freezing.

I've read about this in my manual -- don't have to worry about it in North Texas really. :)

SKI*MC
09-10-2005, 10:21 PM
well anything that freezes could cause damage...

Leroy
09-10-2005, 10:21 PM
You must be in north pole with Santa Clause!

Hard to imagine such a short season, but your winter season is long to make up for it.

ski_patrol_72
09-10-2005, 10:37 PM
You must be in north pole with Santa Clause!

Hard to imagine such a short season, but your winter season is long to make up for it.

Thats true about our winters being long. Its a very short summer here for us. But we make due with the dry suits and the hot showers. Yes its been snowing all day. Yes i had to shovel the snow on the deck. But it sure is nice sitting in the hot-tub and having it fall all around.

Workin' 4 Toys
09-11-2005, 12:47 AM
Ohhh, I am getting the itch to take the sled out. Maybe Ill go run it out in the grass!!!!

JDK
09-11-2005, 01:15 AM
Time to get that winterize done and get things all tucked away for the winter.

Dude, I was in Kelowna on Thursday, and I think you're jumping the gun a little :D ......I'd have killed to have my boat there......80+F and the lake was MILES of glass with no one on it!

erkoehler
09-11-2005, 02:38 AM
not yet, not yet!!!! A few more months, and that will be in my front yard :mad:

ski_patrol_72
09-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Dude, I was in Kelowna on Thursday, and I think you're jumping the gun a little :D ......I'd have killed to have my boat there......80+F and the lake was MILES of glass with no one on it!

Simply amazing how the weather can change in a week. Never under estimate mother nature. it was like overnight, wham, winter is here.

sassydog
09-11-2005, 12:22 PM
it's supposed to be in the mid 90's here in the midwest, i can't even imagine snowfall yet

bucky
09-11-2005, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=Leroy]You must be in north pole with Santa Clause!
QUOTE]

I drive through North Pole on my way to Broken Bow, and there isn't any snow. High today near 100 and low tonight of 67.

jimmer2880
09-11-2005, 07:39 PM
So - where abouts is Kelowna?

BriEOD
09-12-2005, 08:50 AM
You guys know their really is a city/town in Alaska near Fairbanks called the North Pole? It's got the biggest Santa I've ever seen right on the side of the highway.

Wow, that's to cold. You need to move SP.

ski_patrol_72
09-12-2005, 10:52 AM
So - where abouts is Kelowna?

3 hours north of Spokane Wa, on the other side of that fence thats divides our two countries. Its a short water ski season, but hey, if you have a snowmobile, its a great season for it. The city of Kelowna is a little warmer then our place, our cabin in on a ski hill.

jimmer2880
09-12-2005, 12:59 PM
3 hours north of Spokane Wa, on the other side of that fence thats divides our two countries. Its a short water ski season, but hey, if you have a snowmobile, its a great season for it. The city of Kelowna is a little warmer then our place, our cabin in on a ski hill.

Thanks. Calgary is my favorite place to ski, but I'm always looking for someplace else to go also (not that I ski travel much... really don't).

sounds like you probably have similiar weather to Whistler?

SteveO
09-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Ouch,

Can't even think about winter in North Texas yet. Still haven't pulled out the shorty, although it may get activated this weekend for early AM runs.

AirJunky
09-12-2005, 01:58 PM
sounds like you probably have similiar weather to Whistler?
Actually Whistler is on the west side of the Cascades. Kelowna on the east in the high desert. Probably more like Schweitzer or 40 Degrees North.....dry & cold.

ski_patrol_72
09-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Actually Whistler is on the west side of the Cascades. Kelowna on the east in the high desert. Probably more like Schweitzer or 40 Degrees North.....dry & cold.

You bet, the snow we get is light and fluffy. It got down to -4c last night, things are starting to happen. Only a month and a halk to ski season.

Thrall
09-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Well, not close to winter yet here (Albuquerque). Still have a couple trips to the lake left in me, but I did get the sleds in the garage last weekend to start getting them ready. Put a new deck on my snomobile trailer alerady.
Can't wait................let it snow........let it snow........let it snow!

PendO
09-12-2005, 03:10 PM
You bet, the snow we get is light and fluffy. It got down to -4c last night, things are starting to happen. Only a month and a halk to ski season.

I always marked ski season by when Warren Miller shows up for his movies;)

I've only skied two mountains in BC, Red Mt. is nice for the spring, but Whitewater in Nelson is DA' Bomb ...!!!! I'm sure there are conditions like this all over, but once I found White I was hooked!