PDA

View Full Version : timing

canada air
09-10-2005, 07:57 PM
you would not believe this. i have 95 maristar 200vrs 350 tbi

i always thought this boat was a bit of a dog. so cleaned fuel injection sytem, flame arrestor got code reader to check for codes. then i thought i should check timing. it appeared to be at 10 degree mark. so i drove it this season and today i was cleaning the engine and noticed that the timing marks said "before and after". i then realized last year when i checked timing it was at the 10 mark at the after. so i got timing light out and checked. sure enough. so i retimed it to 10 degrees before. the engine never sounded so sweet. nice and throaty. i can't believe the boat ran like this. i hope i did not do any damage to it. i can't wait to get out on water to see how she runs.previous owner must have screwed that up

previously it would only go 40mph when empty with 14X16 acme 4 blade

JDK
09-10-2005, 08:19 PM
i hope i did not do any damage to it.

Not when the timing is out in that direction (atdc). You've added A LOT more HP by correcting this large an error. :D

What lake are your pics. taken on? (Candle?)

canada air
09-11-2005, 01:56 AM
they were taken on candle that is where we spend most of our time.

how do you like your 205. i heard the throw a good wake. i am happy i found the error. i will welcome the additional power. with alot of the weight in the nose one time thius summer we had 2800lbs ballast+people and it was able to get on plane 30yards later and the wake was unreal. we were riding 80' line and 23 mph. this new found power should help with planing when am over the 2000lb mark.

what lake do you goto.

mastercraft makes awesome boat. it is really to bad there isn't a bigger dealer in this province. martin equipment sure has alot nice ones. but 75000 is a bit much for 3 months a year and when a guy can do it for a fraction of the price with older weighted up boat.

did you get your boat in states or here in canada