PDA

View Full Version : Gun value

76S&S
12-07-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm thinking of trading one of my guns and wondered if any of you know of a website where I can determine the value. Or maybe one of you have an idea of the value.

The gun is a Belgium made Browning BAR 30-06 Grade II (engraving), also have the same gun in a 7 mag, but as of right now I plan on keeping it. Condition on a scale of good/very good/excellent would be considered very good. No scratches, the blueing looks great but it is used, it's not a wall hanger.

thanks

thatsmrmastercraft
12-07-2012, 11:31 AM
I have several of their older books from when I bought and sold a lot of guns. They claim to have 24 gun appraisers online. Might be worth a few minutes.

http://bluebookofgunvalues.com/

BrooksfamX2
12-07-2012, 12:29 PM
pictures????

2RLAKE
12-07-2012, 12:51 PM
probably not much ... i'll give you a couple hundred and call it good!

seriously, one way to go to gunbroker.com and see what price others are asking ... its worked well for me

great gun ... good luck

76S&S
12-07-2012, 02:12 PM
No pics on me, but I'll try to post one tonight or over the weekend.

2R, thanks it's served me well. I'm letting one of my teenagers use it right now and would just like to put him behind a bolt action. Before you ask, it's just my preference on the bolt action.

The 7 mag belonged to my father-in-law who passed 3 years ago and I just don't have the heart to sell or trade it.

2RLAKE
12-07-2012, 02:50 PM
No pics on me, but I'll try to post one tonight or over the weekend.

2R, thanks it's served me well. I'm letting one of my teenagers use it right now and would just like to put him behind a bolt action. Before you ask, it's just my preference on the bolt action.

The 7 mag belonged to my father-in-law who passed 3 years ago and I just don't have the heart to sell or trade it.

keep that 7mm for one of your kids or grandkids ... my son has his great-grandpa's 1958 Model 70 in 30.06

yep i like bolt actions too ...

thatsmrmastercraft
12-07-2012, 03:30 PM
I spent a number of years buying, selling and trading guns....some I never even fired. I vowed a while ago to no longer sell any guns. I kick myself for every gun I have ever sold.

epnault
12-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Umm, those are very nice guns. I would just keep them. I am not sure of values on the 7mm but if the BAR is in the condition you say it is I have had family members and friends pay over thousand for a good BAR. What a cool gun to shoot.

76S&S
12-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Brooks, here is a crappy cell-phone pic