PDA

View Full Version : '79 S&S cosmetic resto

sam196370
12-06-2012, 04:57 PM
So I'm planning on taking off the decals and dry sanding the whole hull sometime (later) this winter. I'm familiar with the dry sanding process but I really like the decals which the PO put on; he sort of shadowed the MasterCraft decal and I'd like to keep them; is it possible to re-use decals after they're removed? Given I don't rip them which I probably will.

Thanks.

SP Maristar
12-06-2012, 05:01 PM
I think it's highly unlikely that they will survive. I removed PO registration numbers and they were extremely time consuming to remove. The vinyl stretched, tore, ... during the process. Granted, they were old and I was not going to reuse them, but they were still vinyl and stuck to the boat really well.

Cloaked
12-06-2012, 05:17 PM
So I'm planning on taking off the decals and dry sanding the whole hull sometime (later) this winter. I'm familiar with the dry sanding process but I really like the decals which the PO put on; he sort of shadowed the MasterCraft decal and I'd like to keep them; is it possible to re-use decals after they're removed? Given I don't rip them which I probably will.

Thanks.Plan on a new set... I have never came close to salvaging a set...

thatsmrmastercraft
12-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Even when removing new just installed graphics, it is almost impossible to keep them intact.

mikeg205
12-06-2012, 06:46 PM
they'll never stick well again... shadows are easily added to the artwork..post up a picture...

here's some files you can take to a vinyl guy to get what you need.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o91j4vsfromgu2x/r0N1CR5VtR