PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about your lawnmower....

milkmania
09-10-2005, 05:34 PM
what do you have? riding/garden or zero turn?
what manufacturer?
what motor?
how much do you mow?
how old is it?
would you recommend a person buy one like yours?
what would you recommend?

now, let me tell you my story...
May 5th. 2003, I walked into the local Sears store looking for a ZTR (Zero Turn Radius) mower.
Was wanting to stay away from Briggs & Stratton engines because my old Troybilt (true Troybilt)mower was a horse, except the B&S engine was junk! but the actual mower lasted me 13 years with the engine being rebuilt twice! The newer Troybilt (MTD) with B&S from Lowe's lasted me 16 months before the governor spring broke, and ran the valves through the top of the piston.
The salesman said they stopped ZTR's , BUT he had a really good Garden/Riding mower... the biggest one the sell with Kohler 25 HP and a 54 inch deck. They had a 27 HP Kohler, but I couldn't see $600.00 difference in the two engines.
I kicked the tires and decided I'd take it home with me. bad bad mojo!!!!!
first time out, the front tire and wheel fell off!!! the E clip that holds the assembly was found an hour or two later. I thought "heck, the guy on the assembly line was in a hurry to get home", and that bright red lawn mower sure looked good...that twin cylinder sounded like a car engine cranking over.....mmmmm more power!!!:headbang:

well, two weeks later the drive belt broke, the repair guy came to the house (decided to buy the extended 3 year warranty = $300.00 at time of purchase)
and fixed the drive belt, and noticed the deck belt was going to break very soon........that repair cost Sears over $400.00!

Well, pretty much the same scenerio for 4 more set of belts.....totalling 10 in -home visits since May 5th. 2003. New carb for other reasons, new deck pullys for the belt reasons, new seat because there was a crimped area in the vinyl that cracked very soon after purchase.
Now today, I called for the 11th visit. After 45 minutes of mowing, it started slinging oil from somewhere, to touch the deck belt burned the fingerprints off my finger, and it was choking out and puffing black smoke!
This is a Sears' Craftsman GT5000 Kohler V-Twin 25 HP.... the biggest turd for a mower I've ever owned!

You should hear these ladies at the Sears phone center.... "boy, you have hade a lot of work done":rolleyes:
Today, I begged for Refief!!!
The lady said "well, under your extended warranty, you are eligible for a replacement.... "how much did you buy the mower for?" "$2500.00?",
"well, your warranty will allow you $1500.00 toward the purchase of a new mower, would you like me to set that up for you now?"
I proceeded to tell her, that it would be in my best interest to keep my mower, and keep calling their repair service everytime I needed repairs, since it was costing over $300.00 for each visit!:cool:
She claimed it was cost prohibitive to keep doing warranty service on this mower..... I told her it was cost prohibitive to go buy another $2600.00 to $3000.00 mower and end up with the same problems!
She said she'd keep my claim open for when I decided to call and let them know if I was going to return the mower.
I told her to keep in mind that I'd requested a new mower each time a "technician" came out to work on it, and being ignored was going to cost them, not me.

I need to mow 4.5 acres, the salesman and website said it would handle 3+ acres just fine....... I have resorted to keep the actual mowing size to less than 2 acres for obvious reasons.

I have vented, and cooled off..... I feel better now;)

similar to this, but red and 54 inch deck
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=LAWN&pid=07127636000&subcat=Garden+Tractors

Footin
09-10-2005, 05:44 PM
what manufacturer?
what motor?
how much do you mow?
how old is it?

36" walk behind
Ransom Bobcat
14 horse Kawasaki
1/3 acre ( in 20 minutes)
Yes, I love it.

I only got this mower for my small lot because I got it used for 500 bucks, I do not need a mower of this size but it sure is nice to cut the yard in 20 minutes rather than about an hour with the old Lawnboy mower.
The Kawasaki motor is bulletproof and I highly recomend it.

Look for a good used one if you want to save ALOT.

Leroy
09-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Sorry to hear your troubles Milk. Normally Sears stuff rocks!

I've already posted my toy! Had decided I wanted a ZTR, we looked at the Sears and their ZTR's looked really cheap and the guy said they were throwing in free extended service because they had some problems.....I ran from Sears, and bought at a place that pretty much only sells ZTR's to commercial places and they had a Cub Cadet and this Toro in the "high end residential/low end commercial". Guy recommended this one as the best cut. Only month old, but we really love it and cuts the yard so quick and looks so good.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=4705&page=3&pp=10&highlight=toro

Toro 17hp, 42" ZTR.

bigmac
09-10-2005, 06:43 PM
I have 2.5 acres to mow - John Deere, all the way. 48-inch deck, 17hp Kawasaki, all-wheel-steering reduces turn radius from 20 inches to 7 inches. In the winter I attach a snowblower, so it's used year-round. I've had it for about 5 years - the thing is bulletproof. I use it for pulling the Whaler/trailer and my sailboat out of the lake from my beach and for pulling my entire steel 40-foot dock in and out before I went aluminum sections. Oh yeah - it mows well too. I considered a John Deere or similar ZTR, but I needed something for snow, hauling, and pulling in addition to just cutting the grass.

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/bf/18/hmgdLawn_and_GardenPower_ToolsMowersJohn_DeereLX_L awn_TractorsJohn_Deere_LX255_Lawn_Tractor-resized200.jpg

Workin' 4 Toys
09-10-2005, 08:43 PM
If I were in the situation you are in I would invest in one of the following without question. http://www.dixiechopper.com/My second choice would be a John Deere as Bigmac has.

And my choices would end there.

PondPwr
09-10-2005, 09:02 PM
what manufacturer?
what motor?
how much do you mow?
how old is it?

JD 345 garden tractor
20 Hp (I think its a Kow)
Water Cooled engine
54" deck
I think we've had it 6 years
We mow a little over an acre in about an hour

I used to have a 44" Toro recycler that was a piece of crap...nothing but problems. The Deere is rock solid. I beat the crap out of it on a regular basis. I highly recommend JD, although I understnad that the lower end lawntractors now being sold at Home Depot don't deserve to wear the green and yellow.

Workin' 4 Toys
09-10-2005, 09:06 PM
I understnad that the lower end lawntractors now being sold at Home Depot don't deserve to wear the green and yellow.

I totally agree. You have to visit a JD dealer to see the difference. Seems the people buying them at the "depot" must not have a dealer close and want to pay for the name.

east tx skier
09-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Murray Riding mower with bagging attachment. Only way to fly.

Footin', you watching this game?!?

FlyingFreeman
09-10-2005, 11:15 PM
[URL=http://www.walkermowers.com/]

Walker 48" GHS with a Kohler 25 HP engine. I've had this mower for about 8 years (regularly mowing about 4 acres). No problems, and very little maintenance. It will pickup gumballs from a sidewalk (yard looks like it's been vacuumed).

They began making a diesel version the year after I bought this one. That one would last a lifetime.

I also have an old Jacobsen (made by Textron) which I bought at an auction. Some major repairs were required when I bought it (electric PTO windings were tangled in the PTO which made the engine appear to be seized-- $500 part) and the deck had to be completely rebuilt. After these repairs were made, unit has been operating without problem for about 5 years. It's a 48 inch cut with an Onan 25hp twin. This mower is about 20 years old and will likely last another 20.

edwin
09-10-2005, 11:33 PM
I have a 48" Exmark Metro with 17hp Kaw...using the Velke and 5th gear I can cut my 1 acre yard (with 15 trees and a handful of mulch beds with plants) in about 40 mins. 4 years of using it, I've had to replace the drive belts once...runs like a top.

T Scott
09-10-2005, 11:54 PM
I use my ink pen. :purplaugh I write a monthly check to my lawn guy. My yard is not too big and it only costs me $100. It is the best money I spend.

Prior to the lawn service, I used a Riding Murray Ultra w/ 42 inch deck and 17.5 hp Tecumseh engine. Never had a problem with it.

PendO
09-11-2005, 01:08 AM
you can borrow my push reel mower, might be a biatch for 3 acres;)

Honda for the backyard, push reel for the front (just to make the neighbors jealous)

JDK
09-11-2005, 01:34 AM
I also have an old Jacobsen (made by Textron) which I bought at an auction. Some major repairs were required when I bought it (electric PTO windings were tangled in the PTO which made the engine appear to be seized-- $500 part) and the deck had to be completely rebuilt. After these repairs were made, unit has been operating without problem for about 5 years. It's a 48 inch cut with an Onan 25hp twin. This mower is about 20 years old and will likely last another 20.

My folks had one of these when I grew up (purchased in 1975, and I'm sure it is still working now). We had a mower, tiller and snow-blower and I am sure it is one of the best acreage tractors ever made.
It had 1600+ hrs on it when it was sold.

Ryan
09-11-2005, 03:23 AM
This reminds me of a King of The Hill episode where Hank and the gang are in a focus group to evaluate a new fancy but POS ZTR. Tell me someone else saw that one.

Tell me about your lawnmower....
For most of my nieghbors they'd start describing a guy/landscaper named Hector rather than a machine.

Oh, Honda SX over here.
Yep, I'd recomend it.
But my dad just got a Craftsman with an electric start Honda engine - on a powered push mower! Pretty cool, but I'll get one of those when I get too old to pull the rope = too old to ski (scary thought)!
I mow five pieces of grass that total about 500sq ft total. I might as well just use scissors! I'm one of the few here who actually mow their own lawn. Everyone has a lawn service. Well, there is the guy accross the street that has an electric mower - but has slow growing grass and mows once a month or so.

bcampbe7
09-11-2005, 12:48 PM
I too bought a Crapsman riding mower. B&S motor lasted 3 years and died. I thought I could get it rebuilt but multiple shops said they could no longer get the parts to rebuild so I would have to buy a new 21HP engine at $1300! The mower cost $1900 total in 2001! I ended up selling the mower for $200. The buyer apparently had a motor for it.

what do you have? riding/garden or zero turn? Riding
what manufacturer? John Deere
what motor? 23HP Yanmar Diesel
how much do you mow? 1 acre now, 4 acres soon
how old is it? 6 months
would you recommend a person buy one like yours? In a heartbeat
what would you recommend? John Deere

Going from the Crapsman to this was like going from a Yugo to a Bentley.

Ric
09-12-2005, 12:19 PM
you beat me to it Ryan
My lawnmower is probably 18 and the local girls enjoy watching him work. That's about all I can say to describe my lawnmower. He's pretty meticulous and rather affordable.

erkoehler
09-12-2005, 12:27 PM
We have 2 Toro Self propelled walk behind mowers. Gets the job done :D

ski_king
09-12-2005, 12:41 PM
I push my yard, it keeps me in shape for skiing.

Also my yard is too steep for a rider, I had one but it just sat in the shed. I can push my yard in 45 minutes, used a pedometer once, walked 1.5 miles.

LakePirate
09-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Briggs and Stratton engines are assembled in 3 locations, Green Bay, Wisconsin, Statesboro, Georgia and Auburn, Alabama. The last 2 are college towns, (Georgia Southern and Auburn respectivity). Having know several persons that worked on the assembly lines in Statesboro, I steer clear, not that they are bad persons, they were just biding their time paying tuition and quality was not something they were particularly concerned with.

erkoehler
09-12-2005, 12:45 PM
I should carry the GPS with me to see how much walking it actually is. Takes me between 2 and 3 hours to do the lawn depending on how long it is and how fast I run behind the mower.

Mag_Red
09-12-2005, 12:58 PM
I have a Scag Turf Tiger. 22 HP liquid cooler 61" cutting deck. Been mowing 5 acres a week for the last five years with zero problems. Takes me just over an hour to do it.http://www.scag.com/images/turf-tiger%2705_450.jpg

zberger
09-12-2005, 02:13 PM
I have a Scag Turf Tiger. 22 HP liquid cooler 61" cutting deck. Been mowing 5 acres a week for the last five years with zero problems. Takes me just over an hour to do it.http://www.scag.com/images/turf-tiger%2705_450.jpg

That or a Dixie with a 60" deck..

They are rated to cut 4.85 acres per hour on a 60" deck.. and I'd believe it..

I used to mow a LARGE area of land when i worked for a lawn service, and it would take us about an hour with 2 dixies cuttin the entire thing.. but we had LOTS of turns, lots of delicate landscaping and tree's to go around, so that really added up timewise.

captkidd
09-12-2005, 02:37 PM
JD 345 garden tractor
20 Hp (I think its a Kow)
Water Cooled engine
54" deck
I think we've had it 6 years
We mow a little over an acre in about an hour

I highly recommend JD, although I understnad that the lower end lawntractors now being sold at Home Depot don't deserve to wear the green and yellow.

Same here, except mine is a little older (1995) and only has a 18hp engine and a 48" deck. Still runs great and looks almost brand new, thanks to fairly frequent washings and waxings. I too am afraid that JD may have messed up by offering those entry-point mowers at Home Depot. Once those things start falling apart, it's really going to hurt JD's reputation among those who bought them. There are a bunch of folks in my neighborhood who bought those HD JD's.

bcampbe7, that tractor is the stuff! Now I'm really jealous.

I actually use mine to pull the boat out of the basement for washing/waxing/maintenance:

mgurley
09-12-2005, 03:07 PM
26hp Kholer

50" deck

Auto Trans. reverse mowing.

bcampbe7
09-12-2005, 05:03 PM

I actually use mine to pull the boat out of the basement for washing/waxing/maintenance:

Thanks Captain! I love it...

That's pretty cool to use the JD to pull the boat out of the garage. My uncle was telling me that a Marina in Iowa uses a yard tractor to move boats around in their lot. Itís probably very maneuverable, huh?

Kevin 89MC
09-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Midwest Mastercraft uses (or used) a tractor to move their boats around. Mounted some tracking fins upside down on the hood for a nice visual effect! :headbang:
My mower of choice (OK not really, it was free and it runs well!) is a Hahn Eclipse with 7 HP Techumseh. The original B&S apparently didn't like getting run out of oil - a screech, then BANG! oil everywhere. :uglyhamme It is from 1970 or '71, the company is long out of business. I should take a pic sometime so you can all have a good laugh. It doesn't exactly turn on a dime, and one of the rear wheels is welded to the axle (don't ask), but it still mows pretty good.
Kevin

ski_patrol_72
09-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Hi guys, since we dont get too much grass growing around our place, here is a pic of what we use around the yard. :D

ski_king
09-12-2005, 08:23 PM
Old JD 8 HP did a good job moving the boat around the garage and driveway.
(except for the time I went to put in down behind the garage, big boat, small tractor, going downhill on wet grass isnt a good idea)

whitedog
09-12-2005, 10:17 PM
I have 3. A 7 year old Honda push mower for triming, a mid '80s Simplicity 4212, 12 HP Brigs 38" deck hydrostat drive. Looks like he!! but get the job done bought for $300.00 used 6 years ago and only have done maitinence plus a couple sets of blades. The other is a 1967 3013 Simplicity Soverein yard tractor. Big old commercial 12hp Briggs, 48" full roller deck, 36" snow blower, 36" roto tiller, 40 " blade. Pulled this one out of a scrap pile, cleaned it up, did a tune up on the engine, put on new belts and blades. Spent a total of $50 before starting the restoration process. It cuts about 3 acres and hour if the going is good, moves snow and pulls the boat around the yard. I will post pict tomorrow after I take some new ones.

6ballsisall
09-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Same here, except mine is a little older (1995) and only has a 18hp engine and a 48" deck. Still runs great and looks almost brand new, thanks to fairly frequent washings and waxings. I too am afraid that JD may have messed up by offering those entry-point mowers at Home Depot. Once those things start falling apart, it's really going to hurt JD's reputation among those who bought them. There are a bunch of folks in my neighborhood who bought those HD JD's.

Be careful with that capt! I did this with my Craftsman 18.5 hp 42" deck mower and my 86' MC. My driveway actually slopes down from the street a little. I pulled it out of the garage up the driveway and halfway up the tractor lost traction and I went back down the hill in reverse being pulled by the boat. You want to talk about pucker factor!!! :eek:

6ballsisall
09-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi guys, since we dont get too much grass growing around our place, here is a pic of what we use around the yard. :D

Can't tell for sure from the photo but that looks like a Bombardier. Is it or is it a Pisten Bully? I use to sell these bad boys in a prior life. Talk about FUN machines to run! If you haven't driven one try ripping thru a valley on top of the powder at speed sometime. It's cool on a snowmobile but it's even funner (IMO) on one of these since the piece of equipment is so large. I miss the sno-cat days some :(

bcampbe7
09-12-2005, 11:13 PM

Ah, do you know your about to run over somebody?!?! :eek:

ski_patrol_72
09-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Can't tell for sure from the photo but that looks like a Bombardier. Is it or is it a Pisten Bully? I use to sell these bad boys in a prior life. Talk about FUN machines to run! If you haven't driven one try ripping thru a valley on top of the powder at speed sometime. It's cool on a snowmobile but it's even funner (IMO) on one of these since the piece of equipment is so large. I miss the sno-cat days some :(

Its a BR for sure, had to pay about 20,000 more for the PB. Yes they hoot to float down a ski hill at 3 am in the fog. I love taking my buds out and giving them a scare as we crest over a bank and flop over the edge. :)

6ballsisall
09-12-2005, 11:40 PM
Its a BR for sure, had to pay about 20,000 more for the PB. Yes they hoot to float down a ski hill at 3 am in the fog. I love taking my buds out and giving them a scare as we crest over a bank and flop over the edge. :)

Do you groom for an area up there? Where'd you guys get your cat from?

BriEOD
09-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Man ya'll are hard core!! I only have like a 1/3 acre lot (with the house on it). So, I have a little push Murray job. I can edge, weedeat, mow and blow in about 1hr 15min. My wife tried to get me a riding mower and it was just to big for my yard. I actually like mowing the yard. Seriously, I do some of my best thinking behind the mower, drowning out all the ... dad, dad ... honey ... wah, wah. ;)

sizzler
09-13-2005, 08:29 AM
I Hear Ya Bri......same Here

bigmac
09-13-2005, 08:45 AM
Man ya'll are hard core!! I only have like a 1/3 acre lot (with the house on it). So, I have a little push Murray job. I can edge, weedeat, mow and blow in about 1hr 15min. My wife tried to get me a riding mower and it was just to big for my yard. I actually like mowing the yard. Seriously, I do some of my best thinking behind the mower, drowning out all the ... dad, dad ... honey ... wah, wah. ;)

Don't you have an aide-de-camp to do that kind of stuff for you? :)

tex
09-13-2005, 09:23 AM
A dude named Dave-He mows in a kilt! All the women on the cul de sac love him.

Ric
09-13-2005, 11:23 AM
someone on this site posted a link to a company that has bikini hotties mow your lawn for like a hundred bucks or something

JEREMY79
09-13-2005, 12:11 PM
we mow 3 acres we have a Gravely with a 52" deck. 22 horse Briggs and Scrap-Iron. Well it has worked for the last two years. It is a zero turn.

ski_king
09-13-2005, 12:14 PM
someone on this site posted a link to a company that has bikini hotties mow your lawn for like a hundred bucks or something
http://www.bikinilawn.com/

Ron Grover
09-13-2005, 02:36 PM
2 acres in less than 1 hour, John Deere 717a best mower I have ever had

BriEOD
09-13-2005, 02:48 PM
It was Bob (Mag_Red) that posted that.

ski36short
09-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Thanx Brian I was beginning to think I was the only one with a walk-behind! I have a similarly sized yard and I bought a Cub Cadet 21" walk-behind from Lowe's a couple years ago when I bought the house. I would recommend the following based on that experience:

1. Don't buy a machine that may require service from a big-box store. Pay the extra whatever and get it from a real dealership with a real service department.

2. Don't buy a Cub Cadet. I liked the construction and features (thus the purchase), but it's a POS despite being only two years old. In Michigan where it's only used May-November no less! A cable stretched so that it doesn't start without my modifications (and now it doesn't turn off), the transmission as a similar malady where the handle doesn't stick in any of the six detentes that denote a speed, and that Kawasaki engine *never* starts on the first pull. It takes three if I'm lucky. If I wanted to deal with this kind of crap I would have paid $50 at a neighbor's garage sale. I wanted something indefinitely reliable so I bought something supposedly decent and got screwed. Cub Cadet has been most unhelpful and their local "service center" is a joke.

Ric
09-14-2005, 01:14 AM
I'm probably jinxing myself but my lawnmower went off to college so I dug out the 12yr old murray pushmower that has ALWAYS started on the 1st pull. Yep, after being in the shed for a good 15months, it started 1st pull and mowed like the champ it's always been.(bought it assembled (after someone returned it) for 100 in 1993 at builderssquare of all places...

Granite_33
09-14-2005, 01:23 AM
Billy Goat. These guys make some mean equipment.

They just got in to the lawn side of the business last year, I antied up the $$ for it.

Its commercial grade, solid.

What drew me to it is the solid performance of Billy Goat......that and the fact that the deck has three 11" blades on it for 33". Perfect for my 3/4 acres.......almost all of it is hill.

Granite_33
09-14-2005, 01:31 AM
Thanx Brian I was beginning to think I was the only one with a walk-behind! I have a similarly sized yard and I bought a Cub Cadet 21" walk-behind from Lowe's a couple years ago when I bought the house. I would recommend the following based on that experience:

1. Don't buy a machine that may require service from a big-box store. Pay the extra whatever and get it from a real dealership with a real service department.

A friend of mine owns a place here that has the service contract for Lowes Cub Cadet mowers. Any issues, and Lowes sends them to this dealer who fixes them. The dealer sells the same product. (not sure if ALL of the same materials are used.....especially after hearing from many many people about John Deere and the Home Depot shortcuts.)

Like you said.........give a few extra $$ to the people who know the product and sell it day after day. Their experience pays.

Sorry about your luck with CC. I have always hear that they are good machines.

mitch
09-14-2005, 10:03 AM
what manufacturer?
what motor?
how much do you mow?
how old is it?

now, let me tell you my story...
May 5th. 2003, I walked into the local Sears store looking for a ZTR (Zero Turn Radius) mower.
Was wanting to stay away from Briggs & Stratton engines because my old Troybilt (true Troybilt)mower was a horse, except the B&S engine was junk! but the actual mower lasted me 13 years with the engine being rebuilt twice! The newer Troybilt (MTD) with B&S from Lowe's lasted me 16 months before the governor spring broke, and ran the valves through the top of the piston.
The salesman said they stopped ZTR's , BUT he had a really good Garden/Riding mower... the biggest one the sell with Kohler 25 HP and a 54 inch deck. They had a 27 HP Kohler, but I couldn't see $600.00 difference in the two engines.
I kicked the tires and decided I'd take it home with me. bad bad mojo!!!!!
first time out, the front tire and wheel fell off!!! the E clip that holds the assembly was found an hour or two later. I thought "heck, the guy on the assembly line was in a hurry to get home", and that bright red lawn mower sure looked good...that twin cylinder sounded like a car engine cranking over.....mmmmm more power!!!:headbang:

well, two weeks later the drive belt broke, the repair guy came to the house (decided to buy the extended 3 year warranty = $300.00 at time of purchase)
and fixed the drive belt, and noticed the deck belt was going to break very soon........that repair cost Sears over $400.00!

Well, pretty much the same scenerio for 4 more set of belts.....totalling 10 in -home visits since May 5th. 2003. New carb for other reasons, new deck pullys for the belt reasons, new seat because there was a crimped area in the vinyl that cracked very soon after purchase.
Now today, I called for the 11th visit. After 45 minutes of mowing, it started slinging oil from somewhere, to touch the deck belt burned the fingerprints off my finger, and it was choking out and puffing black smoke!
This is a Sears' Craftsman GT5000 Kohler V-Twin 25 HP.... the biggest turd for a mower I've ever owned!

You should hear these ladies at the Sears phone center.... "boy, you have hade a lot of work done":rolleyes:
Today, I begged for Refief!!!
The lady said "well, under your extended warranty, you are eligible for a replacement.... "how much did you buy the mower for?" "$2500.00?",
"well, your warranty will allow you $1500.00 toward the purchase of a new mower, would you like me to set that up for you now?"
I proceeded to tell her, that it would be in my best interest to keep my mower, and keep calling their repair service everytime I needed repairs, since it was costing over $300.00 for each visit!:cool:
She claimed it was cost prohibitive to keep doing warranty service on this mower..... I told her it was cost prohibitive to go buy another $2600.00 to $3000.00 mower and end up with the same problems!
She said she'd keep my claim open for when I decided to call and let them know if I was going to return the mower.
I told her to keep in mind that I'd requested a new mower each time a "technician" came out to work on it, and being ignored was going to cost them, not me.

I need to mow 4.5 acres, the salesman and website said it would handle 3+ acres just fine....... I have resorted to keep the actual mowing size to less than 2 acres for obvious reasons.

I have vented, and cooled off..... I feel better now;)

similar to this, but red and 54 inch deck
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=LAWN&pid=07127636000&subcat=Garden+Tractors

Glad I saw this. My mower starting leaking oil bad last week, and I was eyeing almost the same mower. I have a 48" 19.5hp B&S Murray. It about 8 years old and has been bulletproof until this problem. Have not even replaced the belts, only yearly blades. Local small engine service picks it up in the AM. $45 for a p/u and estimate. I't prolly a head gasket, I just don;t have the time right now to deal w/ it. If that's all it is, I'll have em put blades/belts/lube her up and hopefully good to go.

Workin' 4 Toys
09-14-2005, 12:38 PM
http://www.bikinilawn.com/
And you use this service? I thought it was a joke until I saw there is actualy a phone number and email address listed for it. I am sure it is a very profitable business if you have the right employees!!

6ballsisall
09-15-2005, 12:37 AM
Uhh... I'd hire her in a heartbeat if she was near me. :D My lawn would then be the best manicured lawn in the neighborhood. She'd be there every other day mowin :D

Leroy
09-15-2005, 01:54 AM
I bet Skeeler could retire with this business!

captkidd
09-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Lawnmowers are also fun for drag racing. Guess who always wins? The kid hogs the road like a NASCAR driver.

captkidd
09-15-2005, 02:49 PM
In case you think I would actually try to win:

Leroy
09-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Cute pictures CaptKidd!