PDA

View Full Version : DockTight.....has anybody tried these?

DeeeJay02
12-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Has anybody tried these? They look like they work pretty well but I can't find any info of how there made, what there made of etc. pros and cons of a product like this?

http://docktight.com/

Video:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=KsDkZuYXVYo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DKsDkZuYXVYo

Greenster
12-06-2012, 01:15 PM
They look cool. I would just be worried about people falling between the boat and dock when loading.

mondos829
12-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Looks like you could make them with a pool noodle and 1 inch PVC pipe inside it

BrooksfamX2
12-06-2012, 01:45 PM

My thoughts also..........

MileHiGuy
12-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Seems like you would need another set of ropes to triangulate the position. Otherwise it would push forward (or back) and collapse to the dock. I cannot tell from the picture if there are ropes on the other side of the boat.

Sodar
12-06-2012, 02:32 PM
That's the stretch of the river I sometimes boat on. There is approximately a 3mph current away from the dock that already pushes the boat way.

It does look like they have a bow line keeping the boat from going forward, but I do not see anything on the back of the boat. It's a cool idea, but I'd think it would be pretty hard on the boat if you used it a lot.

DeeeJay02
12-06-2012, 02:43 PM

Good point, looks like I have an off season project.....

tdjaster
12-08-2012, 11:55 AM
I used something very similar but not that same brand. My dock was a U-shaped slip type of dock. I pulled straight in, hook a short rope on the bow hook then popped two straps onto the center ski pylon (direct drive). Boat was secure in about 15 seconds and never touched the sides of the dock.

David4MCSammyDuvall
12-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Awesome idea ! Bet it cost no more than twenty dollars to make one ! They're selling them for $ 130.00 ! Yikes !!!! No way ! Ain't paying for that much money !

milkmania
12-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Awesome idea ! Bet it cost no more than twenty dollars to make one ! They're selling them for $ 130.00 ! Yikes !!!! No way ! Ain't paying for that much money !

they've gotta cover Liability Insurance, and handling, etc..... but agreed, too much $$$$$$ per item.

Docktight
12-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Thanks for discussing my product on your forum. I am one of the owners of this company. We produced the first proto-types 12 years ago. We used these units every season and put them through some tough testing. Other than one unit that was stolen, we never had a problem.

Docktights are best used on boats less than 25’. They are being used on wakeboats, runabouts, bass and pontoon boats. We designed these for temporary docking situations, however they can be used more long term if conditions allow. For those concerned about the price consider that each unit is hand built and molds were needed for the end cap production. All units are built with the highest quality materials.

Feel free to contact me anytime at tom@docktight.com with any questions, or check out our FAQ page here: http://docktight.com/faq

grizzly
12-15-2012, 12:30 AM
I have a similar style unit its the "STOW-AWAY HOLD-AWAY" brand and i love it, I use it on my x-35 and it works awesome. Check them out at http://www.stowawayholdaway.com

thatsmrmastercraft
12-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Thanks for discussing my product on your forum. I am one of the owners of this company. We produced the first proto-types 12 years ago. We used these units every season and put them through some tough testing. Other than one unit that was stolen, we never had a problem.

Docktights are best used on boats less than 25. They are being used on wakeboats, runabouts, bass and pontoon boats. We designed these for temporary docking situations, however they can be used more long term if conditions allow. For those concerned about the price consider that each unit is hand built and molds were needed for the end cap production. All units are built with the highest quality materials.

Feel free to contact me anytime at tom@docktight.com with any questions, or check out our FAQ page here: http://docktight.com/faq

Welcome to Team Talk. Your Docktights are very interesting, and I think you will find that the vendors who are active members here tend to find a considerable amount of loyalty.

mikeg205
12-15-2012, 10:49 AM
I like the idea - price is a bit high for me...but I like the size...

Docktight_Team
01-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Hey Everyone,
It is really great seeing your comments and feedback on our product. We are a pretty new company and are still perfecting the product so hearing your thoughts is really helpful to us.

We encourage you all to check out our website at Docktight.com. We are now starting placement into retail stores, but we are still offering a really great deal for this product on our website right now. If you have any questions about our product please feel free to reply to this post. Thanks again everyone!