PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Walking

milkmania
12-06-2012, 02:31 AM
every once in a while, my son walks in his sleep
about 1:00 am, he walked into my room and asked "is Hailey awake?"
I kinda knew what was going on and I just said "do what, son?" in a firm voice.

he kinda shuddered and said "nevemind, I thought Hailey spent the night"
(Hailey has never spent a night since the divorce in 2008)

anybody got any stories of sleepwalkers?

these made me lol
http://www.cracked.com/article/145_the-7-most-insane-things-people-have-done-while-sleepwalking/

JimN
12-06-2012, 04:52 AM
every once in a while, my son walks in his sleep
about 1:00 am, he walked into my room and asked "is Hailey awake?"
I kinda knew what was going on and I just said "do what, son?" in a firm voice.

he kinda shuddered and said "nevemind, I thought Hailey spent the night"
(Hailey has never spent a night since the divorce in 2008)

anybody got any stories of sleepwalkers?

these made me lol
http://www.cracked.com/article/145_the-7-most-insane-things-people-have-done-while-sleepwalking/

A local musician walked off of his second floor porch and landed on his side, which wasn't a good thing fro his head. He recovered and played at Summerfest that year with someone else I know. He was introduced and when he got to the mic, he said "Apparently, I have become pretty good at something that has the same name as this song" and they launched into this-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4tPGljkR_w

mikeg205
12-06-2012, 07:36 AM
my son used to do it...scared the heck out of me. he would come in and ask some questions... I would answer and he would ask again... over and over.. then would wake up.. poor guy would get scared that he was out of his room and did not know why.....

bbymgr
12-06-2012, 09:38 AM
My oldest sister used to when we were kids. When she was like 17 my parents built a new house with a solid oak staircase and one night while sleepwalking she fell down the stairs and got a grade 3 concussion. Since then she has slept with her door almost closed and a device slid under the door so that if she opens the door a loud alarm goes off and wakes her up.

hondaprlud
12-06-2012, 09:49 AM
My youngest does it. He's always been a ball of energy, way more than my other 2 kids. He's 7 now and about once every other month I wake up to find him sprinting around the house. Occasionally he'll go out the back door. If I aim him back to bed he goes back and stays in bed.

Never remembers a thing.

GoneBoatN
12-06-2012, 10:57 AM
My son did it for a while. We would have a short conversation and then tell him to go back to bed which he would do. The next day he would never remember the conversation.

ahhudgins
12-06-2012, 04:51 PM
My parents said that I did it several times as a young teen. I would walk into the den when they were watching TV...make some comment that made no sense and then go back to my bedroom. I've never slept in the buff after that.:D

thatsmrmastercraft
12-06-2012, 05:06 PM
My parents said that I did it several times as a young teen. I would walk into the den when they were watching TV...make some comment that made no sense and then go back to my bedroom. I've never slept in the buff after that.:D

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

2whlin
12-07-2012, 02:57 PM
There was a story of my brother sleep walking and mom found him in the attic, which there was a door too in their bedroom, peeing.

tdelong
12-07-2012, 04:13 PM
It's not quite sleepwalking but...when my younger brother (12) falls asleep watching a movie or something I shake him a little just enough so he's awake but still sleeping. Ask him a question or tell him that it's time for school and it begins a hilarious conversation. Never gets old :D

Thrall
12-09-2012, 03:52 AM
There was a story of my brother sleep walking and mom found him in the attic, which there was a door too in their bedroom, peeing.

Haha, my parents said I sleep walked when I was little. Apparently once I walked out to the living room and pee'd all over the fireplace while they were sitting there watching tv!

JimN
12-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Haha, my parents said I sleep walked when I was little. Apparently once I walked out to the living room and pee'd all over the fireplace while they were sitting there watching tv!

Maybe that was a comment on something. Had they punished you shortly before this happened?

Willski
12-09-2012, 07:08 PM
I used to do it as a kid. My parents heard the front door shutting one night. They came downstairs and I was in the living room. No one knows if I was outside or not, but I'm guessing no!

My kids do it from time to time. Just come in our room and talk a bit, but you can tell there is no comprehension going on there!

milkmania
12-09-2012, 07:23 PM
I used to do it as a kid. My parents heard the front door shutting one night. They came downstairs and I was in the living room. No one knows if I was outside or not, but I'm guessing no!

My kids do it from time to time. Just come in our room and talk a bit, but you can tell there is no comprehension going on there!

then you're saying..... pretty much normal behavior:confused:

:uglyhamme