PDA

View Full Version : Funny and True story

6ballsisall
09-10-2005, 04:39 PM
So I am in Pep Boys the other day picking up some odds and ends when I hear this older gentleman at the counter working the counter guy over pretty hard. I kinda listened in because the conversation sounded interesting (rather explecitive!) After a while I figured it out, the old guy was trying to buy spark plugs for his pickup truck. The parts guy actually had some brains and kept trying to tell the guys his application didn't have spark plugs. The old guy kept saying the parts kid was an idiot, that kept going on and on. So after a while the manager came up and got involved. It took the manager quite a while to convince the customer that Duramax's (and all other diesels) don't have spark plugs. :rolleyes: Needless to say the old guy was pretty red in the face from embarrasment. :D

milkmania
09-10-2005, 05:01 PM
...and ya can't buy a radiator for a VW Bug either8p

Ric
09-10-2005, 08:07 PM
think someone was screwing with him and sent him to the store to get some spark plugs for the duramax? if so someone has an asswhippin coming to them.

dog paw
09-11-2005, 11:12 PM
LOL! There's a large number of people who should never own a diesel. Good chance that was one.

6ballsisall
09-11-2005, 11:34 PM
...and ya can't buy a radiator for a VW Bug either8p

haha! In College I worked in a parts store for a while. We got people calling in all the time with prank calls asking if we had fan belts in stock for a VW Bug. It was fun to watch the new kid working there who didn't know squat about cars searching thru the computer system and all the books trying to find the info

BriEOD
09-12-2005, 08:57 AM
That is messed up!

dog paw
09-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Hehe Vdubs did use a belt and have a nice size fan on the back of the "generator" LOL! or the alternator for the late models

H20skeefreek
09-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Whenver we get a new associate (west marine) we always call and ask for "prop wash" they usually search the catalog for 10 minutes before they finally get on the phone and say "what was it you were looking for again? Did you say Prop wash?"

Get's 'em every time.

phecksel
09-12-2005, 12:23 PM
Whenver we get a new associate (west marine) we always call and ask for "prop wash" they usually search the catalog for 10 minutes before they finally get on the phone and say "what was it you were looking for again? Did you say Prop wash?"

Get's 'em every time.
A sharp new associate, to come back and tell you not only do they have it, but it's on sale :)

Datdude
09-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Speaking of diesels I saw a sticker on a diesel that read "Real Trucks Don't Have Spark Plugs" and I had to laugh. I also saw a guy I would guess about 75 years old driving an old Dodge with a sticker that said "Diesel Smoke Makes Me Horny"-that was the best one!

RickDV
09-13-2005, 02:57 PM
...It took the manager quite a while to convince the customer that Duramax's (and all other diesels) don't have spark plugs.

That's right! I think the Duramax's run on Duracell's don't they??? :uglyhamme

6ballsisall
09-13-2005, 09:42 PM
That's right! I think the Duramax's run on Duracell's don't they??? :uglyhamme

Well i have heard them referred to as Durapads and maxipads so maybe the run on feminine hygeine products?? :D

SKI*MC
09-13-2005, 09:54 PM
haha, oh man, i hope i never loose my mind, not saying that he did, but... haha

wakescene
09-15-2005, 04:59 PM
Good newbie mechanics joke is...
"Go to my toolbox and get me a 4/8th open-box wrench"

unless you have a brain, this could take someone quite a while to figure out!

djhuff
09-15-2005, 05:27 PM
A framing crew I worked on, we sent someone to the truck for a board stretcher, he was gone or half an hour when he came back and said he couldn't find it. Gave him directions and he went back.

That, and the sky hook are always fun for n00bs

meggsy1221@aol.com
09-20-2005, 01:05 PM
i also worked in a parts store years ago a guy came in and asked for muffler bearings for a 68 desoto,i came back with does it have dual mufflers or a single muffler? sent him awayscratching his head

erkoehler
09-20-2005, 01:45 PM
A framing crew I worked on, we sent someone to the truck for a board stretcher, he was gone or half an hour when he came back and said he couldn't find it. Gave him directions and he went back.

That, and the sky hook are always fun for n00bs

I have heard of people doing that before, but it was in H.S. wood shop class.