PDA

View Full Version : Holiday boat gift thread

02ProstarSammyD
12-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Alright guys what are you getting, asking for, or giving?

Got my boys their first wakeboard yesterday!

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s521/williamburell/StMatthews-20121202-00118.jpg

btw if anyone needs a deal walked out the door for 185 on the package from overtons and all 12 stuff is 35% off including surf stuff and wakeskates

Also trying to find a deal for the g/f on a slalom ski or wakeboard

Wish list:
new depth finder
new tach
new clock
new oil pressure gauge
few more ballast bags/tsunami pump

clrussell
12-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Ballast bags and boat cleaning stuff on my list.. Was thinking about getting he wife a wakeboard but I don't think she likes the sport as much as I do...

Tapatalk

mikeg205
12-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Wish List...

Carpeting
Nice Audio System
Swing away tongue - install 100%

Know I am getting...
New slalom hange
Wakeboard Rope

Bought
Hyperlite Vest for son.

Dreamlist?
New PS 197 or 214
New Tahoe LTZ or Raptor to tow it...

bikenskijerm
12-03-2012, 11:11 AM
The wife bought a Jet Pilot O'Shea comp vest and a Harley Demo board. They are either for me or she has a boyfriend who really likes to wakeboard that I am unaware of.

02ProstarSammyD
12-03-2012, 11:15 AM
^that could be a horrible christmas morning...........unless you need a way out jk

Double D
12-03-2012, 11:24 AM
I need Frames for all my new MC posters!!!

VP46
12-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Kids = f3 tube (They already have wakeboards)
Wife = nothing (she is strictly an observer and a mouth)
Me = Boating cleaning supplies

Wish list:
650lb IBS (will be buying this myself if no one steps up)
rear locker twin 750s or a single 500 on the seats
need to get iPhone/ipod connected to orginal Clarion (that does not have any inputs) - whether that is a new head unit or a radio shack deal I don't know.
Proper Boat Cover - Boat in garage
Bimini top - tower mount
Small Box Anchor - really want this.
Duraflex Comanche Waterski - long story I just really want one.

Greenster
12-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Just got back into boating so our Christmas is going to be all about the boat toys this year.

I have to laugh because I am teasing my wife that she is getting stuff like an extra prop, dock lines, fenders and an anchor. I did get her a new wakeskate that she does not know about. Picked it up for $160

76S&S
12-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Some furniture for the new lake house and a new Camera to record the memories.

02ProstarSammyD
12-03-2012, 03:23 PM
^thats gotta be the best one yet

also my ex wife told me the wakeboard would be inappropriate for a 7 year old.....and I better not give it to them

I may listen but santa may not listen

strad
12-03-2012, 03:41 PM
^^lol.

Sometime this winter the manifolds are coming off. So they are for sure getting a new paint job, and depending on how bad the inside looks might get new manifolds. Ahh the joys of owning a 29-year-old boat! At least it runs well and looks good -- could be worse lol. Also will be fixing the nav lights at some point (rear doesn't work) and probably replacing the fuel level sender.

I'm seriously thinking about sending myself to ski camp next summer. . . other than that, not much boat-related. I just buy things as/when needed pretty much.

CC2MC
12-03-2012, 03:59 PM
My wife got my Christmas list and she said, "All I see on here is boat stuff!" Well, yeah... I had to add some clothes in the mix to make her family feel a little better about what they get me.

I just got the first part of my Christmas Present. Thanks to Memo, I bought his ballast bags he no longer needed, which came in the original plastic and box, so they really look new. Other things include, but not limited to:

new rollers for the trailer
depth finder
wake board rope
Stainless cup holders
shift knob
303 Aerospace protectant

waterbug
12-03-2012, 04:34 PM
My girlfriend thinks she is getting a ring for Christmas. She is NOT! That will probably end our relationship.....

So, I am gifting myself all new chrome hardware for my 1954 Chris Craft restoration project :)

Kyle
12-03-2012, 04:35 PM
also my ex wife told me the wakeboard would be inappropriate for a 7 year old.....and I better not give it to them

Pretty sure that if I had a wife or ex wife and they told me "I better NOT", I am positive the ignore light would be on. (Oh I did not hear you, or understand fully.....sorry)

Bossy Bishes

When I was 7 (2nd grade?) I was skiing on a slalom ski, playing baseball, and football. I think a wakeboard is a totally appropriate gift for a young man.

The problem with women these days is that none of them want their kids to get hurt or just be boys. So the kids sit in front of a stupid video game and never learn a damn thing. Boys should be boys.

Get him the wakeboard and tell her that she can buy the helmet.

thatsmrmastercraft
12-03-2012, 04:38 PM
My girlfriend thinks she is getting a ring for Christmas. She is NOT! That will probably end our relationship.....

So, I am gifting myself all new chrome hardware for my 1954 Chris Craft restoration project :)

Sounds like a good choice. Any pics of the beauty?..............the boat, that is.

Kyle
12-03-2012, 04:39 PM

Sounds like a great idea.

Then when she runs away you can save money for 30-90 days and she will be begging you back. Durring the 3 months of freedom you can buy more items for the irreplaceable boat.

waterbug
12-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Couple pics.... One at the end of this summer, and one from the other day in it's current state.... Lots of sanding in my future

thatsmrmastercraft
12-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Couple pics.... One at the end of this summer, and one from the other day in it's current state.... Lots of sanding in my future

Beautiful boat.

Kyle
12-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Beautiful boat.

X2 I would have to agree.

There needs to be a resto thread on this rig.......just sayin

Hammer
12-03-2012, 05:50 PM
X2 on the resto thread.

Hammer
12-03-2012, 05:54 PM
On my list..
Camaro Vest.
Heater shirt.
Heater shorts.
Perfect-pass stargazer. (Or at least funds toward it.)
On the dream list. PS214

Kyle
12-03-2012, 06:35 PM
My list is blank.

I have no one to hand a list to. No wife, kids, etc.

When I want something I go buy it so making a list is pointless.

I will go to my moms for Xmas but our family is pretty big and we are all either 30's or right near 30 yrs old. So we draw a name and buy just 1 gift for the name drawn. This year I have mom so I'll find her something nice.

If my sister (Napolian Type and prego on top of that) insists on having Xmas at her house in Houston then I will give my gift to mom before she goes and spend Xmas alone. It's just not worth going down to her house.

GoneBoatN
12-03-2012, 06:43 PM
My wish list:

1) Get wake-to-wake with some decent air time and height.
2) The ability to do 1 invert. Don't necessarily have to land it well, just come close and not hurt myself in the process.
3) Ballast bag(s) at least for the bow.

I'm thinking Santa would have to be real for me to see #1 or #2.

GoneBoatN
12-03-2012, 06:58 PM
^thats gotta be the best one yet

I may listen but santa may not listen

My daughter learned at 8 and only because we did not have a boat when she was 7. Show the ex the video at http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=49818. That kid is having fun and is proud of his accomplishment, building self esteem. They are young only once and you don't have much time with them. As parents we have to take the good times along with the bad. DON"T FREAKING PASS UP ANY OF THE GOOD TIMES. Judging by your comment you already know this... Looking forward to your pictures in the "lets see the kids" thread next summer. :D

mikeg205
12-03-2012, 07:01 PM
My list is blank.

I have no one to hand a list to. No wife, kids, etc.

When I want something I go buy it so making a list is pointless.

I will go to my moms for Xmas but our family is pretty big and we are all either 30's or right near 30 yrs old. So we draw a name and buy just 1 gift for the name drawn. This year I have mom so I'll find her something nice.

If my sister (Napolian Type and prego on top of that) insists on having Xmas at her house in Houston then I will give my gift to mom before she goes and spend Xmas alone. It's just not worth going down to her house.

Sound like George Bailey after he saved Clarence the angel...:D

MC209
12-03-2012, 07:12 PM
ski and some new speaks!

mtajpa
12-04-2012, 12:06 AM
These were actually from BoulderBoats grand opening. When my daughter and I returned home my wife decided her shopping for use was done. So Merry Christmas to us. Everything was 35% off also. Daughter had some help picking out a board for her not only was it 35% off but great discount before the sale. Also looking at some carpet for the Maristar also. Have to have it shipped to a commercial location though. Working on a local rep to receive it.

Hogwild
12-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Well I will be basing my wish list off of your responses to this thread:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=51846

/shameless plug.

Seriously though, I plan on buying an orbital buffer or a rotary one, or both if needed :D

Hogwild
12-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Also looking at some carpet for the Maristar also. Have to have it shipped to a commercial location though. Working on a local rep to receive it.

MTA, are you looking at Corinthian Marine? I know they have almost an exact match and I think your carpet and mine should be exactly the same.

19_Skier
12-04-2012, 01:30 PM
I have two presents I know I am getting:

- heater shirt
- new stereo system for boat

tex
12-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Santa brought a Countour GPS to me! Can't wait for warm weather! He also seems to have a good connection to Texas Mastercraft because I also got some very cool MC shirts too!

Kyle
12-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Santa brought a Countour GPS to me! Can't wait for warm weather! He also seems to have a good connection to Texas Mastercraft because I also got some very cool MC shirts too!

Very nice

Pic of GPS

What is a contour GPS? Interested

I am just waking up and going to go grab more supplies from my storage to continue working on Marks boat. Santa didnt come by my house nor did I see him out last night. I was up until 4a in the garage listening to the rain and turning wrenches on his boat.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas

Nick911
12-25-2012, 12:23 PM

Thanks baby Jesus :)

mikeg205
12-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Got some swag and a new camera to document my poor slalom form so I can improve it. I am expecting much critique this coming season ;)... Got to get ready so I can show off at metroplex if when I get down there... ;)

1redTA
12-25-2012, 04:09 PM
I got me some MasterCraft trailer guide pole covers and a 12" retro sticker for the truck. Thanks wifey

milkmania
12-25-2012, 04:16 PM

I've got a customer and his girlfriend that I've become friends with.
She wants "The Ring" for Christmas.........

He bought her a Ruger LCR .38 Special insteadhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/conf45.gif

clrussell
12-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Got a few boat goodies, 4 new marine speakers, my fat sacs, collapsable paddle, and stereo face plate cover. O and some new boat shorts! 88072

Tapatalk

GoneBoatN
12-25-2012, 08:03 PM
I got a new wakeboard handle with a cheater handle. I guess I need to learn some spins next season.

Double D
12-25-2012, 09:26 PM
No boat stuff but lots of money. I did get a Nest!

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

jgraham37128
12-25-2012, 09:32 PM
No boat stuff but lots of money. I did get a Nest!

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

I've had a nest since the first day they were available. You'll love it. Plus you can turn the AC back on on the way home from the lake!

Double D
12-25-2012, 10:10 PM
I've had a nest since the first day they were available. You'll love it. Plus you can turn the AC back on on the way home from the lake!

I look forward to the control!

jeff shelton
12-25-2012, 11:13 PM
New barefoot suit from the wife.

Barefooter92
12-26-2012, 07:57 AM
MC Polo shirt from MCBD

and a Contour HD video camera.

02ProstarSammyD
12-26-2012, 08:24 AM
ended up with a gang of cleaner, new depth finder, and 1100 lbs of bags from people. Girl ended up with a new melody vest, new wakeboard from me, and a new rope. I have started a monster!

Then I got myself a new wakeskate, fuel sender, decals, and solobaric 12".

I got the boat a full steam cleaning on xmas eve. She was so happy

ski_king
12-26-2012, 09:22 AM
I got 4 new MCBD shirts and a new river anchor.

I also picked up for myself a couple more Maherajah skis on eBay while I was doing my Christmas shopping.

mikeg205
12-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Couldn't stand it..so I got the Triumph and put the new to me Phantom bindings on it.

TxsRiverRat
12-27-2012, 11:51 AM

Yes, it will. Promise.

The problem with women these days is that none of them want their kids to get hurt or just be boys. So the kids sit in front of a stupid video game and never learn a damn thing. Boys should be boys.

Get him the wakeboard and tell her that she can buy the helmet.

You hit the nail right on the head and that's perfect advice - she can buy the helmet...

We live in a world that is too sissyfied... Who wore a helmet to ride a bicycle when we were kids.... Um... Noone...

GoneBoatN
12-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Couldn't stand it..so I got the Triumph and put the new to me Phantom bindings on it.

Love those boots. Not the ones on the skis. 8p

clrussell
12-27-2012, 06:26 PM
My brothers new board and jacket he got 88110

Tapatalk

h2oskifreak
12-27-2012, 07:54 PM
MCBD MC Hat in Red, Long Sleeve w/ Shield logo, Black X-Star Polo Shirt (She know's I'm an MC freak, but doesn't get too deep to know I'm a Stars and PS 190 Guy).

orbeamlb
12-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Yes, it will. Promise.

You hit the nail right on the head and that's perfect advice - she can buy the helmet...

We live in a world that is too sissyfied... Who wore a helmet to ride a bicycle when we were kids.... Um... Noone...

Amen to that. No helmets and didn't use hand sanitizer. Sure seems we didn't get sick as kids anywhere near as much as the kids of today.

GNA001
12-30-2012, 09:48 PM
My wife and I have an agreement that I'll buy my own XMAS presents, wrap them and she can be surprised when I open my gifts on Christmas morning. It works our pretty well for me. This year I'm upgrading the ballast system on my 02 Xstar.

GoneBoatN
12-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Yes, it will. Promise.

Amen to that. No helmets and didn't use hand sanitizer. Sure seems we didn't get sick as kids anywhere near as much as the kids of today.

There is a kid in our Boy Scout troop that earlier this year was riding a bike with a helmet but unstrapped. He was hit by a car and sent flying (helmet flew off) resulting in quite a bit of trauma to his head. He has recovered quite a bit but he will live the rest of his life with some degree of brain damage. Right now he has to go to an alternate school because it takes him far longer than other students at most learning tasks. The helmet strapped on would have been a very good idea. Something tells me he regrets not strapping on that helmet; I know his Mother does.

milkmania
12-30-2012, 11:40 PM
There is a kid in our Boy Scout troop that earlier this year was riding a bike with a helmet but unstrapped. He was hit by a car and sent flying (helmet flew off) resulting in quite a bit of trauma to his head. He has recovered quite a bit but he will live the rest of his life with some degree of brain damage. Right now he has to go to an alternate school because it takes him far longer than other students at most learning tasks. The helmet strapped on would have been a very good idea. Something tells me he regrets not strapping on that helmet; I know his Mother does.

Had a very dear friend suffer a 4 wheeler accident recently(15-20mph). She was in ICU through Christmas.
broken upper arm 2 places, fractured eye socket, cracked skull, lacerations, concussion, memory loss, stitches, extreme hip pain.