PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Boat Show

captain planet
11-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Well, unless another dealership takes ski boats to the Cleveland boat show, there may not be any ski boats to view at the show this year. My local dealer, Boat House Marine at TriLakes is not making the trip this year.

In lieu of going to the boat show, they are having an open-house at the dealership. I stopped by there the other day to pick up my prop. They have an X-10 which should be there already and a new X-Star that will be there in another week or so.

I grabbed the open house flier to post here.....but I can't find it at the moment. When I find it I will post it here so you can see the information.

The downside to this is they are not going to be at the show. However the upside is, if you go to the open house, there will be a lot more MC's to view. I think they will have between 6 or 8 boats to see for the open house. I'll get the list of what they are going to have on display and post it here.

Double D
11-30-2012, 03:19 PM
So, if you hadn't misplaced it, we would know what day and what time right now!! Come On Man!! :rolleyes:

Not sure it I can attend if there isn't a Direct Drive on that list of boats... (I already know there wont be)

captain planet
11-30-2012, 03:47 PM
So, if you hadn't misplaced it, we would know what day and what time right now!! Come On Man!! :rolleyes:

Not sure it I can attend if there isn't a Direct Drive on that list of boats... (I already know there wont be)

It isn't until January sometime....so I have a couple days to find it. ;)

captain planet
11-30-2012, 03:54 PM
I found it. Just had to go ALLLL the way out to my car. :o

thatsmrmastercraft
11-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Never too early to start talking boat show stuff. Only light at the end of the tunnel for a while.

captain planet
11-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Awww, that was supposed to go different. Try this.

captain planet
11-30-2012, 03:58 PM
There that is better.

There you go Double D. Just for you!!!!

hondaprlud
11-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Double D they didn't mail you one?

maybe you need to get on the A list. :D

hondaprlud
11-30-2012, 04:09 PM
I think this is great. After skipping the boat show for about 8-9 years, I was pretty disappointed by it last year.

It'd be really cool if James could invite a few accessory dealers, MC reps etc. to join the fun.

Double D
11-30-2012, 04:22 PM

Hmmm. makes you wonder doesn't it.... :confused:

captain planet
11-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Hmmm. makes you wonder doesn't it.... :confused:

Don't feel bad, I didn't get one sent to me either. But then again, I've been in there twice since the Buckeye Bash so I already knew about it.

Double D
11-30-2012, 05:06 PM
There that is better.

There you go Double D. Just for you!!!!

Thanks CP!!

93Prostar190
11-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Planning on coming up on that Saturday to see you boys there!

cf_koch
11-30-2012, 10:13 PM
I found the flyer that I picked up when I was at BHM and by the time I got to the scanner you had it up. Thanks CP

Double D
11-30-2012, 11:38 PM
Planning on coming up on that Saturday to see you boys there!

Actually, maybe we should set up an after hours or evening get together that Saturday the 19th with all the TT members that come to the area for the BHM open house. I will throw my house out as an option. We can hang in the basement and look at my MC posters I just got :rolleyes: or sit in the heated garage inside the PS205. That will be one Direct Drive boat that can be viewed that day. :D

jkski
12-01-2012, 12:49 AM
I am all for a get-together, so just keep me posted on what works and where.
Another upside to not having to go to the Cleveland Boat Show is you do not have to pay to park, pay for admission and then trek across the frozen tundra of a parking lot!!!

See you all in January!

bturner2
12-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Our MC dealer in the greater Detroit area has been skipping the boat show in Detroit show for years. Action Water Sports hasn't attended one in several years and has instead been doing the open house program. I was told the expense of having a spot in the Detroit show has gotten out of control thanks to our Union Brothers and just wasn't worth the time, effort and expense to recoup the cost. They've been doing the smaller spring show in Novi which has really gotten to the point of challenging the size of the Detroit show.

Sad to say but the cost to drive to Detroit, pay for parking, pay to get in, then lunch or dinner in Detroit has gotten to the point where we don't go anymore. The spring Novi show is cheaper, has all the ski boats companies represented and best of all is not in Detroit.

hondaprlud
12-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Actually, maybe we should set up an after hours or evening get together that Saturday the 19th with all the TT members that come to the area for the BHM open house. I will throw my house out as an option. We can hang in the basement and look at my MC posters I just got :rolleyes: or sit in the heated garage inside the PS205. That will be one Direct Drive boat that can be viewed that day. :D

My dad is retiring this year and mom is throwing a dinner on the 19th. I'll be there earlier though.

Swibby69
12-01-2012, 11:23 AM
anyone planning on going up certain day? saturday?

me and tls will prob try to head up saturday….

captain planet
12-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Alright, I got the list of MC's that will be on display at the open-house........drum-roll please! :D

X-STAR
X-30
X-25
X-10
X-2
X-14V

......drums rolling......

AND A 197!!!!!!!!!! 8p:D:)

That's right Double D! There will be a DIRECT DRIVE to view at the open-house. I'm definitely going to go now!!!

Double D
12-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Alright, I got the list of MC's that will be on display at the open-house........drum-roll please! :D

X-STAR
X-30
X-25
X-10
X-2
X-14V

......drums rolling......

AND A 197!!!!!!!!!! 8p:D:)

That's right Double D! There will be a DIRECT DRIVE to view at the open-house. I'm definitely going to go now!!!

Now that is AWESOME!!! Totally surprised on that one. It must be on loan. :rolleyes:

93Prostar190
12-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Well ... let's plan on meeting there .... 2:00 PM or so? Make a day of it?

I'll even wear board shorts if it makes everyone uncomfortable .... it is on the calendar ... watch out Akron, 93Prostar190 is coming to town!

Double D
12-03-2012, 11:22 AM

I'll even wear board shorts if it makes everyone uncomfortable .... it is on the calendar ... watch out Akron, 93Prostar190 is coming to town!

Works for me, at this point. Like I said before, always welcome to stop at Casa De Ballinger.

As for the board shorts, make sure their the red white and blue ones! :rolleyes:

captain planet
12-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Now that is AWESOME!!! Totally surprised on that one. It must be on loan. :rolleyes:

My guess is it will be one of the two 2012 TT boats they have every year.

jhall0711
12-03-2012, 03:12 PM

Im in to meet up that Saturday as well. I think Double D is right, we should all try and do something into the evening as well... It would been fun to socialize with all the fellow MC'ers again.

captain planet
12-11-2012, 04:12 PM

Just so you know, you can register on the BHM Trilakes website to receive e-mailings of these types of events at their marina.

http://www.bhmtrilakes.com/guestbook.asp

Here you go Double D, your invite to the "A list". ;)

Mgboyd25
12-13-2012, 09:59 AM
This is such an awesome idea! Ten times better than goin to the boat show because if Westbranch isn't iced over Willy T, Rob, DD, and I are gonna make them give us a test ride!! AMERICA!!!!
I'LL BE THERE!!!!

Double D
12-13-2012, 10:26 AM
This is such an awesome idea! Ten times better than goin to the boat show because if Westbranch isn't iced over Willy T, Rob, DD, and I are gonna make them give us a test ride!! AMERICA!!!!
I'LL BE THERE!!!!

Pull out the 197!!

Mgboyd25
12-13-2012, 03:02 PM
It could be the first barefoot saturday with the C-bus crew and first ever in the winter months... Just saying im down if anyone else is......
JKSKI? DD?

jkski
12-13-2012, 05:49 PM
I am in!!! The first Barefoot Saturday meeting ever to be held in January....I like the sound of that and I will offer to be the first one in the water!

Double D
12-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote: While I don't share *his* enthusiasm, you know me. Beam me up, Scotty! ;)

jhall0711
12-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Quote: While I don't share *his* enthusiasm, you know me. Beam me up, Scotty! ;)

I will supervise.... at least until I get talked into getting in....

Footin
12-13-2012, 09:40 PM
I might have to make the trip north from C-Bus.

captain planet
12-14-2012, 05:03 PM
HMMMM, I guess I will have to bring my barefoot suit to the show. Does the TT boat we will be using have a shower and heater? :rolleyes:

Double D
12-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Oh man, what do do now.... Boat House Marine Open House on Jan 19th or "Bigfoot in Ohio" program?? :uglyhamme:uglyhamme

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x1058221891/Bigfoot-in-Ohio-Learn-more-at-Jan-19-MPL-program

captain planet
12-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Decisions, decisions.....

cf_koch
12-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Since Big Foot has been known to be sighted in West Branch State Park you may not have to make any decisions at all. BHM during the day then Big Foot hunting at night. And all within a few minutes drive from each other.

93Prostar190
12-28-2012, 02:20 AM
I often wondered if Big Foot was some kind of "mammal" barefooter .... Big feet, kind of an advantage right?

Still love the old Mitch Hedburg skit when he says "the problem with Bigfoot is that he is actually blurry"

Peace.

zsqure
01-09-2013, 12:59 PM
I will be missing the Big Foot event and the Buckeye Bashers' meet n greet at BHM on Saturday, but I will sneak up there Friday after work (since I work in Kent). I have been tagged as an alternate for the annual "boys weekend in Vegas" so, yours truly will be jetting off with 9 other guys to sin city for a few days of entertainment:0. I'll check out the boats at Boulder Boats on my way back from the "dam" tour while I'm out there.

93Prostar190
01-09-2013, 01:22 PM
See you boys next Saturday .... What time works on Saturday? 1:00 ?

Double D
01-09-2013, 01:43 PM
I will be missing the Big Foot event and the Buckeye Bashers' meet n greet at BHM on Saturday, but I will sneak up there Friday after work (since I work in Kent). I have been tagged as an alternate for the annual "boys weekend in Vegas" so, yours truly will be jetting off with 9 other guys to sin city for a few days of entertainment:0. I'll check out the boats at Boulder Boats on my way back from the "dam" tour while I'm out there.

To bad Z, I am also hitting the Vegas strip but mine starts on the 22nd to the 25th.

See you boys next Saturday .... What time works on Saturday? 1:00 ?

At BHM at 1:00 PM? That works for me. It's warming up..... :rolleyes:

TxsRiverRat
01-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Not trying to jack the thread, but holy cArp - Dallas isn't having a boat show anymore...

http://dallasboatshow.net/

I just asked and there is supposed to be an Arlington boat show at The Ballpark in 2014...

Too bad!

hondaprlud
01-09-2013, 02:34 PM
1:00 sounds good.

zsqure
01-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Ok gang educate me. I want to get the kids a wakeboard, what do I buy? I know nothing about them. Uncle Boyd, what size board were the boys using at the Bash?

Footin
01-11-2013, 07:43 PM
What time is the Columbus crew headed to BHM? I might make the trip.

Double D
01-11-2013, 08:38 PM

Footin, you on Facebook at all? Buckeye Bash has a page now.

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

93Prostar190
01-12-2013, 06:26 AM

Yo Footin' I am going up around 11:30 or so getting there at 1:30 ..... I am leaving from my sons basketball game.

Double D
01-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Hey guys, like I said before, if there is any desire to hang out after the visit to BHM and maybe get something to eat, there is a Firehouse Grill about 10 minutes away. I'm game if anyone else is.... Also, if someone has a better idea, speak up.

93Prostar190
01-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Sounds great!

captain planet
01-15-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm trying to get my buddies that came to the bash to come. I will probably be there for an hour or so to check out the X-10 and X-STAR.

93Prostar190
01-18-2013, 11:22 AM
See you boys tomorrow .... closer to a 1:30 arrival for me .... let the smack talk begin about Bash IV ....

jkski
01-18-2013, 02:05 PM
I will not be able to attend...the new house has a list a mile long and last weekends rain pushed my trenching plans to this weekend.
So, have a great time and take some pics to share so that I can see what I missed!

Footin
01-20-2013, 10:41 AM
I attended the Boat House Marine open house and boat show yesterday and had a great time. James and Chris put together a great showroom and display.
I spent the afternoon hanging out with fellow TT members, looking at boats and talking about our prized possessions.
Most boat shows charge you to park, charge you to enter and charge you to eat; At BHM parking was free, entrance was free and pizza, cookies and drinks were aaaaaaaa FREE!

Thanks to James, Chris and the BHM staff for a great day.

Double D
01-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Footin said it! Good times yesterday. Here is a 'real' short video (New GoPro Camera - 10 min training) of some Buckeye Bashers and TT members at the Boat House Marine Open House yesterday.
I see JHall0711, Riverman200, MGBoyd25, 93ProStar190, Footin, Me (DoubleD w/ Brother), and Shredder hanging around the Red XStar! We also saw Hondaprlud, Abehrens, h2oskijumper, James, Chris and all the BHM crew!

Thanks guys for the snacks, drinks and pizza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqABEI7Tw5I

Here are a few pictures of well. The sun was sure shining yesterday.

Pic #1 - 93prostar190 (Santa) with MGBoyd25. Shredder drinking a beer in the back.

Pic #2 - MGBoyd, Riverman200 and JHall0711

Pic #3 - MGBoys25 and my brother

93Prostar190
01-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Great time seeing everyone! Some sweet boats at BHM ... I know some other dealers are doing the same thing and I must admit the Open House idea is a good one. There was a great turnout and many boats to hang out around and in.

I congratulate Tri-Lakes for pulling it off, it looks like it was worth their time.

I have a 214DD ... but everytime I look at the 214V it grows on me a bit.

IF you have not seen a X25 / X30 / X10 or X-Star in person, your missing out. Sweet boats!

Peace to all it was great to see everyone, thanks for the Akron hospitality.

gts-20
01-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Great time seeing everyone! Some sweet boats at BHM ... I know some other dealers are doing the same thing and I must admit the Open House idea is a good one. There was a great turnout and many boats to hang out around and in.

I congratulate Tri-Lakes for pulling it off, it looks like it was worth their time.

I have a 214DD ... but everytime I look at the 214V it grows on me a bit.
IF you have not seen a X25 / X30 / X10 or X-Star in person, your missing out. Sweet boats!

Peace to all it was great to see everyone, thanks for the Akron hospitality.

sorry to hijack your thread, but I feel the same way. We are seriously considering making the switch from the 214DD to the x14V. The storage is sooo much better than our DD.

Double D
01-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Hey guys, just an FYI. I started a new thread with a better title more related to the event this past weekend at Boat House Marine.

Any comments about that event or BHM would be best placed over there. Just sayin...

Here is the link:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52430

captain planet
01-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Hey guys, just an FYI. I started a new thread with a better title more related to the event this past weekend at Boat House Marine.

Any comments about that event or BHM would be best placed over there. Just sayin...

Here is the link:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52430

Oh sure, my thread wasn't good enough? :rolleyes:

Double D
01-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Oh sure, my thread wasn't good enough? :rolleyes:

It was a personal request, from higher up... :D

zsqure
01-23-2013, 12:32 PM
It was a personal request, from higher up... :D

In my house that gets reserved for the wife. (She wants a bigger boat.):D:D:D