PDA

View Full Version : Funny wakeboarding picture

GoneBoatN
11-30-2012, 12:07 AM
Friends of ours were in town from Germany over the summer. Took them out on the boat for a day of wakeboarding and tubing. I thought this one was funny. Now post yours...

BrooksfamX2
11-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Likely only funny to the folks watching.....not the boarder..........8p

Greenster
11-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Great Shot.

thatsmrmastercraft
11-30-2012, 12:41 PM
...........can't land them all.:rolleyes:

GoneBoatN
11-30-2012, 11:45 PM
OK, so here is another I have. It goes back to 2010 when we first got the X-15. Prior to that we had been using an Bayliner for about a little more than a year. My son was taking advantage of the bigger wake and getting more height than he was use to. The new ability to get some extra height the first few times seem to really spook him. The end result is that he would bug out just before landing and many times have the position as in the picture. Worse yet he would also flap him arms right after he let go of the handle - he looked like a bird trying to fly but couldn't. The good thing is that he would always take the aborted landing quite well so he never got hurt; just looking at this picture you would never assume that.

thatsmrmastercraft
12-01-2012, 11:02 AM
My son Luke in 2010 with a move that didn't quite work out as planned. You can see the "whats the water doing there?" look on his face.

madcityskier
12-02-2012, 10:09 AM
First shot is a neighbor's first attempt at a tantrum. The rest are a buddy who is just a bit new to the sport. Ruptured an ear drum last year, so the helmet is a must. Gotta say that he has a blast, which is what makes me smile when I see any of these. I know the last one is on a ski, but I still had to post it.

southcoaststeve
12-02-2012, 04:57 PM
This was from our last trip out..

tph
12-02-2012, 05:06 PM

Ouch!...The Faceplant! It hurts just looking at that picture.

ahhudgins
12-02-2012, 06:53 PM
This one has always been my favorite. I finally got my son to hold his edge thru the wake so he got massive pop and freaked out. Cloudy rainy day.

thatsmrmastercraft
12-02-2012, 09:59 PM

Yikes!!!

southcoaststeve
12-03-2012, 06:30 AM
Yikes!!!

Yeah, he got back in the boat after that one and then sat quietly for the rest of the session!

thatsmrmastercraft
12-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Yeah, he got back in the boat after that one and then sat quietly for the rest of the session!

No surprise there.

GoneBoatN
12-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Ok, so this one is of me. Not a picture but a video so see the link below. I'm still a relative beginner and this is a clip of me while I was practicing switch riding. I was riding switch and I had just crossed the wake heel side going from port to starboard. As I'm taking it out into the flats a bit, I just start to do a surface 180 to return my stance to regular. Well, not too far into the surface 180 you can see I let my body come forward over the board (because I got laxed and stopped paying attention to my body position) and hence the water grabbed the leading edge. Needless to say this resulted in instantaneous face-plant. Hard - notice the big splash (or should I say splat). I just started to wear a helmet and this was the fall that convinced me that wearing a helmet does help. Although I felt like someone slammed me in the chest with a sledge hammer, my head felt fine. I got back up and rode some more. Taught me a good lesson in keeping good body position at all times. Like Shawn Murray says in his Detention 2012 wakeboarding instructional DVD - I got my face handed to me, big time. :o

https://vimeo.com/54804149