PDA

View Full Version : powdercoat price good?

02ProstarSammyD
11-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Have a buddy of mine who's family does powdercoating. Got a price to do my 2 double aerial cans and my windshield for 250. Does this seem inline? Was waiting on another price from a guy in town but hes been a pita to get ahold of and hasn't called me back. Trying to get this thing torn down this weekend but don't want to waste money.

Thanks guys

Gofast
11-29-2012, 11:14 AM
I think your in the ballpark. I had 2 wheels done for my Buell and it was $225.00 but that was a 2 coat process and more expensive. I just had 10 misc pieces done for the BMW S1000RR. It's $120.00 for the same 2 step process.

Pricing is usually based on size and how much prep work they will do. If the wind shield breaks down into smaller sections that will make the process cheaper. However if they have to plug or tape off a lot of holes and threaded area's that drives the price up.

Overall, it sounds like your in the ballpark.

Rob

Stritt
11-29-2012, 04:13 PM
I have a question about the prep involving the windshield.

I would assume the frame would need to be bare without glass and rubber insert due to the heat....is that correct? Our frame needs some attention....just afraid
To mess with the glass.......doubt there is an easy cost efficient replacement path.

02ProstarSammyD
11-29-2012, 04:24 PM
yea I'm tearing my down, removing glass/rubber, and hitting the whole thing with aircraft cleaner to remove any crap left over. My shield was abused by the previous owner by screwing in mirrors all over and my mcocd is driving me nuts over the holes and gashes. Figure alil patch here and some powdercoat there and all will be well in the world.