PDA

View Full Version : Lake Norris Rentals

Ben
09-09-2005, 08:56 AM
Me & a few friends (& families) are interested in renting a lakefront house on Lake Norris (or similar setup) next summer. Does anyone have any good leads on rental properties? We would mostly be driving from the north.

We camped on the far West side of the lake (north of the Dam) last year & weren't too impressed with finding smooth water. I think we need to be farther upstream (east). A nearby slalom course would be great while I'm being picky.... Thanks in advance.

Ryan
09-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Rentals (http://www.norrislakerentals.net/site/PropertyList/431/default.aspx) .

OhioX14
09-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Ben:

We've been to Norris three times with two being houseboats out of Sequoyah and the last a rental condo at Deerfield Resort (Deerlake Condos) which is the direction you are looking to go. We, and our friends, have also noticed the increased traffic down past the dam all the way past Mountain Lake and even in the channel north of Twin Cove. This time we had a great time in the waters east and northeast of Dearfield and the condo was great and had great covered and uncovered slips. It's not cheap but alot cheaper than houseboats have been getting. Like all lakes the weekends are worse than during the week but we love that lake.

Good luck. If you have any specific questions just ask.

Ben
09-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Thanks Ryan, those look awesome. I am not sure about their location though, it is where the star is in the attached picture, which seems a bit beyond BFE. I'm trying to see if there is a course nearby. If so, that would be perfect.

OhioX9: Do you know of any courses in the Deerfield / Shanghai area? I marked where the two I know of are on the map, but not sure other than that. I'm trying to find something that isn't a 20 minute boat ride from the course.

Thanks.

OhioX14
09-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Ben:

I know of both the courses you marked and have skied one of them. I could not find one up near Deerfield unless there is one up towards Powell Valley or Flat Hollow. We turned around just before Flat Hollow and never cruised up towards Powell. Perhaps a call to both and try to find a skier on their staff that may know. We're mostly free skiers with an occassional course run so it's not a must on our list.

By the way. If you do check out houses at Deerfield, make sure they have enough dock space for you as many have only one slip per house. The condos should have as many as you need and they do have a small marina but it's a pain not to have your boat right at your unit/house.

Also, the area near "course 2" often has rental houses available if you search online enough although I haven't looked in awhile. There is some great water just north of there as you head towards Whitman and Indian River.

Good luck!
Geoff

dog paw
09-11-2005, 10:57 PM
We were there in the spring. Stayed at Mountan lake resort. Made a couple of trips up to Shanghi resort where friends were staying. Did not see any courses but the water was glass smooth and clean. VERY nice lake!