PDA

View Full Version : deer hunting

2RLAKE
11-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone ... I know there are some deer hunters out there ... let's see your photos so far this year .... Ski/Hunt shared one a few fridays ago

Here is Bruce's (14) buck from last evening .... he was in a tree stand in an open field of food plots ... he saw him walk out about 200+ yards then waited (patiently) for 30 minutes until he was 125 yards ... one shot from the Weatherby 240 mag loaded with 85 gr Barnes Triple Shock bullets dropped him in his tracks!

Needless to say it was a great day. Bruce passed a slightly smaller buck in the morning ... good hunter ...

mikeg205
11-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Nice one!!..next time he needs and MC hat ;) ... venison for Christmas Dinner!!! good for you guys...

JimN
11-22-2012, 04:09 PM
It's not a challenge unless they shoot back.:D

mikeg205
11-22-2012, 04:20 PM
I miss gary larson and his warped sense of humor...

caption is "bummer of a birthmark...hal"

Manciniat
11-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Killed this one nov 6. 3 hrs in the rain paid off. Hoyt trykon with a spitfire 100

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz174/manciniat/76D98EFA-1611-43EF-B67A-89CE08A655DB-282-00000025A00646A2.jpg

ski/hunt
11-23-2012, 02:18 AM
Best thanksgiving ever!! Shot a decent 8 while hunting with my dad and my son. Best part was my son dragging him out almost all by himself--(down hill always helps--:) ) Would keep hunting but the ladies want to have a "proper" holiday. So we eat Friday while "crazy" people shop....

Some nice deer you fellas have posted!!

2RLAKE
11-23-2012, 09:21 AM
Best thanksgiving ever!! Shot a decent 8 while hunting with my dad and my son. Best part was my son dragging him out almost all by himself--(down hill always helps--:) ) Would keep hunting but the ladies want to have a "proper" holiday. So we eat Friday while "crazy" people shop....

Some nice deer you fellas have posted!!

that is a big body deer ... did you weigh him? Huge congrats for a great thanksgiving

mikeg205
11-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Nice seeing a family shoot...outstanding...!!! Love the clan shoot grandpa, dad and son... falls into the category of "it does not get much better than this!" ....

JTNG
11-23-2012, 11:17 AM
1st photo is Last Years 4 Point, This years is still a nice 4 point though. He's shooting a 325 Short Mag. :D

tlukens
11-23-2012, 10:32 PM
A local buck near Plain, WI that the locals have let go by for years. Some non-locals bought some land and shot a beauty. Its not an albino, just a white white tail. The locals are not happy.

bcd
11-24-2012, 01:30 AM
I got this guy Nov 17th about a mile back on public land.

corey
11-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Nice deer!!!

Slow year for my dad and I but I did put some venison in both of our freezers! Had great hopes of seeing this guy from the stand but he decided to get bigger over the winter, with a little luck we'll see him next year.

mikeg205
11-24-2012, 05:54 PM
I got this guy Nov 17th about a mile back on public land.

Nice deer and well done with bow and arrow...!

sethro
11-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Shot only with my camera. This guy was outside my living room window this morning as I was readking TeamTalk. I don't hunt, but my 10 year old is asking for a bow for christmas. He also wants to set up a stand so he can practice everything about hunting except the shooting of the deer part...then he'll be ready when he can handle a bow strong enough (legal) to hunt. Sorry the pics are crappy as I was on the wrong setting through double pane windows and the deer saw me, so I knew my time was limited. :D

pmkkdx
11-26-2012, 10:29 AM
I somewhat envy you guys up north with the size of the deer up there ... those around central Texas, although plentiful, are rather small in comparison! Very nice guys!

here is a nice cull 7 point, nice size for here (~140 lbs field dressed), that I shot Nov. 8, 130+ yards thru mesquites with 7mm Rem Mag, 150 BTSP

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii561/pmkkdx/Hunt/Burnet-20121108-00656_zps71dc4748.jpg

yep, locals should be ticked a bit on the white deer!

JimN
11-26-2012, 10:37 AM
I was driving to a store yesterday and got to an intersection where two cars were stopped, one at the far side of the cross street and the other mostly blocking that street. I pulled around the car that was blocking that lane and as I came around, I saw that three doe were walking along the grass at the far side of the street from where I was. The largest, which I assume was the adult, was big. The other two seemed to be a year apart so, maybe 2 and 3 years old. That street bends about 50 yards East of the intersection and when I got there, I saw two more young ones in a yard and another crossing the alley. This is 1 block from a major arterial street in Milwaukee, in a heavily populated area but the Milwaukee River is very close and there's a lot of wooded area, with two county parks nearby, so there's plenty of habitat for them.

2RLAKE
11-28-2012, 09:42 AM
two friends of mine shot these two guys Monday opening day in OH

milkmania
11-28-2012, 10:21 AM
had a buddy's wife text message this to me, so I could upload it to walmart and she could get some prints.... other than that, I don't know anything else about it:o

GT500 MC
11-28-2012, 10:36 AM
had a buddy's wife text message this to me, so I could upload it to walmart and she could get some prints.... other than that, I don't know anything else about it:o

That is a thick rack....nice...old deer there.

jamisonsbrodie
11-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Only a Doe for me during gun season, but I have another month of Bow season, so hopefully I will see a shooter.

pmkkdx
11-28-2012, 02:38 PM
I just got a chance of a lifetime dropped in my lap this morning ... my bro in law leases out about 50,000+/- acres low fence free range up in the TX panhandle and then subleases out and guides hunters for high $$$ for monster TX whitetails & Muleys (b/c 160"<). The first couple of weeks of season were extremely hot and not all the hunters took a deer, leaving a couple of whitetail tags open that he offered for my son, son in law and I to go up and hunt between Christmas & New Years for free in exchange for us helping him load and haul stuff back. I have always wanted to hunt up there for a wall hanger monster but couldn't justify the $$$ with all my other hobbies (and my current central TX lease). I am stoked if we can get the group planned out around the other activities during the holidays...

2RLAKE
12-16-2012, 10:38 AM
good deer management late afternoon yesterday ... my son and i took two more nice does ... we had over a dozen in the food plots all around us ... they are both xmas presents for friends ... off to the garage to start butchering

bcd
12-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Before I got my 9 pt, I botched a 25 yd shot on a heavy, tall 8 pt. I saw it two more times, but never closer than 50 yards. A friend of a friend got it during shotgun season, probably 200 yards from my spot. It scored 166".

2RLAKE
12-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Before I got my 9 pt, I botched a 25 yd shot on a heavy, tall 8 pt. I saw it two more times, but never closer than 50 yards. A friend of a friend got it during shotgun season, probably 200 yards from my spot. It scored 166".

wow ... 166 is a great deer ... got a picture to share?

sort of sad ... just butchered my last deer of the season ... now i have to wait until next october!

SkiDog
12-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone ... I know there are some deer hunters out there ... let's see your photos so far this year .... Ski/Hunt shared one a few fridays ago

Here is Bruce's (14) buck from last evening .... he was in a tree stand in an open field of food plots ... he saw him walk out about 200+ yards then waited (patiently) for 30 minutes until he was 125 yards ... one shot from the Weatherby 240 mag loaded with 85 gr Barnes Triple Shock bullets dropped him in his tracks!

Needless to say it was a great day. Bruce passed a slightly smaller buck in the morning ... good hunter ...

Ha! We can show pics of dead animals, but not ones of plus sized 'models & girlfriends' in bikinis. I don't get it.:confused::D:D

aquaman
12-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Simple, the deer are not wearing Bikinis. duh :)

ski/hunt
12-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Simple, the deer are not wearing Bikinis. duh :)

If deer wore bikinis then when I'm hunting it would be "a perfect world"!!!

2yourlake---shooting doe's is true hunting in my book!! They are whitetail and have that great nose like any buck--- I think they are even sharper, cause they have to raise young ones and keep themselves out of trouble---bucks only have to worry about themselves...I'd rather eat a doe any day. Some great deer in this thread!! I hope to get one more chance in the woods this season, then it's on to waiting on turkey season!! And what follows spring turkey??? BOATING season!!!!!!! :-)

Dog I don't get it either!! I mean she wasn't that bad!??!??? I mean mike205 must love her!??!?? since he wants to keep her all to himself.....:-)

SkiDog
12-17-2012, 03:52 PM

2yourlake---shooting doe's is true hunting in my book!! They are whitetail and have that great nose like any buck--- I think they are even sharper, cause they have to raise young ones and keep themselves out of trouble---bucks only have to worry about themselves...I'd rather eat a doe any day. Some great deer in this thread!! I hope to get one more chance in the woods this season, then it's on to waiting on turkey season!! And what follows spring turkey??? BOATING season!!!!!!! :-)

Dog I don't get it either!! I mean she wasn't that bad!??!??? I mean mike205 must love her!??!?? since he wants to keep her all to himself.....:-)

She's actually on her way to his house as we speak. He got pretty jealous when he found out that Kyle was popping the stinger to her too! No wonder he deleted her pic TWICE! He needs to learn to control his feelings!:D:D:D

clrussell
12-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Way off topic!!! But skidog your avatar is killing me! From something so good to someone else's girlfriend!

Tapatalk

TxsRiverRat
12-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Way off topic!!! But skidog your avatar is killing me! From something so good to someone else's girlfriend!

Tapatalk

dont knock it till ya tried it - ask kyle :D

bcd
12-17-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm still working on a picture of the 166" 8 pt. I've seen it on my friend's phone. He's working on getting me a better picture. I'll post it when I get it.

Kyle
12-17-2012, 04:23 PM
dont knock it till ya tried it - ask Kyle :D

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You guys are funny MFERS :D

HRC
12-17-2012, 07:03 PM

You sound like me. Last week I was sitting in the stand listening to turkeys gobble at every roll of thunder. Got me excited about next spring.
I haven't gotten a chance at a buck yet this year but between my son and I we've put 3 good does in the freezer.

BTV
12-18-2012, 11:38 AM
I just got a chance of a lifetime dropped in my lap this morning ... my bro in law leases out about 50,000+/- acres low fence free range up in the TX panhandle and then subleases out and guides hunters for high $$$ for monster TX whitetails & Muleys (b/c 160"<). The first couple of weeks of season were extremely hot and not all the hunters took a deer, leaving a couple of whitetail tags open that he offered for my son, son in law and I to go up and hunt between Christmas & New Years for free in exchange for us helping him load and haul stuff back. I have always wanted to hunt up there for a wall hanger monster but couldn't justify the $$$ with all my other hobbies (and my current central TX lease). I am stoked if we can get the group planned out around the other activities during the holidays...

Been a good year up here in the panhandle. I'm from Amarillo. Where will you be hunting? The only bad thing is a lot of the bucks racks are already broken up. Good luck!

Here are the two bucks I took in the eastern panhandle this year.

clrussell
12-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Been a good year up here in the panhandle. I'm from Amarillo. Where will you be hunting? The only bad thing is a lot of the bucks racks are already broken up. Good luck!

WOW!

Tapatalk

76S&S
12-18-2012, 12:30 PM

Great looking bucks! What bow are you shooting?

pmkkdx
12-18-2012, 08:41 PM

both very nice bucks! I will be up in that area between Christmas & New Years hunting a portion of the JA ranch outside Clarendon.

BTV
12-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks. I shoot a Mathews Z7.

pmkkdx - Thats where I would have guessed you where going. The first buck pictured came off a place just east of the JA. Have a good hunt.

bcd
10-27-2013, 11:48 PM
I get to bring this thread back for 2013.

JohnnyB
10-28-2013, 06:49 AM
Congrats....wow, now that is a swamp donkey

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

pmkkdx
10-28-2013, 11:26 AM
congrats! very nice!

TxsRiverRat
10-28-2013, 12:13 PM
I don't know why, but all the animals on my place are nocturnal...?

:(

http://s18.postimg.org/pm11kds0p/deer_1.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/jl11sew3v/pigs_1.jpg

http://s22.postimg.org/sauyp000x/coons_1.jpg

epnault
10-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Nice IA buck

2RLAKE
10-28-2013, 07:38 PM
I get to bring this thread back for 2013.

wow ... awesome .... huge congrats

one doe in the freezer for us so far

ski/hunt
10-29-2013, 08:20 PM
This past weekend my daughter shot her first animal on the Tennessee youth deer hunt. It wasn't the best shot, some of which I take blame for, since in my excitement and seeing the deer figuring out something wasn't right, I rushed her. We waited an hour after her shot knocked the deer down but she got up and trotted away. While we looked for blood we jumped the deer and it ran off with no chance of a follow up shot. My daughter was heart broke!! Sad that the deer was suffering and that we now were even less likely to find her. We went to have lunch and give the deer three more hours. We then searched 2 1/2 more hours with no blood to help. By Gods grace we found her!! What a swing of emotion!! I'm so proud of her and her brother for sticking with the task and never once wanting to give up or complain about all the walking! A first deer she will never forget!! To add to the awesomeness of the weekend, my son shot a deer the next morning. The third he has taken, but first one in two years. So many "life lessons" can be learned while hunting!!! And what a great time for a Dad to spend with his kids!!

HRC
10-29-2013, 08:56 PM
This past weekend my daughter shot her first animal on the Tennessee youth deer hunt. It wasn't the best shot, some of which I take blame for, since in my excitement and seeing the deer figuring out something wasn't right, I rushed her. We waited an hour after her shot knocked the deer down but she got up and trotted away. While we looked for blood we jumped the deer and it ran off with no chance of a follow up shot. My daughter was heart broke!! Sad that the deer was suffering and that we now were even less likely to find her. We went to have lunch and give the deer three more hours. We then searched 2 1/2 more hours with no blood to help. By Gods grace we found her!! What a swing of emotion!! I'm so proud of her and her brother for sticking with the task and never once wanting to give up or complain about all the walking! A first deer she will never forget!! To add to the awesomeness of the weekend, my son shot a deer the next morning. The third he has taken, but first one in two years. So many "life lessons" can be learned while hunting!!! And what a great time for a Dad to spend with his kids!!

That's awesome! Congrats to y'all. What part of the state do you hunt in? I'm hunting in Fayette Co. this year. Been hunting in Hardeman for about 10 years but we lost that place.

JimN
10-29-2013, 09:29 PM
I don't know why, but all the animals on my place are nocturnal...?

http://s22.postimg.org/sauyp000x/coons_1.jpg

Is that raccoon on stilts?

thatsmrmastercraft
10-29-2013, 09:37 PM

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=44555&d=1364467630http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=44555&d=1364467630http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=44555&d=1364467630

thatsmrmastercraft
10-29-2013, 09:37 PM

Great story and pics. Congrats to the kids and to dad!

ski/hunt
10-29-2013, 09:38 PM
That's awesome! Congrats to y'all. What part of the state do you hunt in? I'm hunting in Fayette Co. this year. Been hunting in Hardeman for about 10 years but we lost that place.

We hunt a place in Dickson county. Great turkey place and decent deer hunting. Used to be much better until the adjoining farm sold to a guy that started an angus operation. Around 400 head on 600 acres. The guys before had tons of deer crops and now it's all about the cows. We have 120 acres and we still hold a few deer, but not like before

Friend for the day...
How they were the evening after searching all day-----Crashed!!

thatsmrmastercraft
10-29-2013, 09:42 PM
We hunt a place in Dickson county. Great turkey place and decent deer hunting. Used to be much better until the adjoining farm sold to a guy that started an angus operation. Around 400 head on 600 acres. The guys before had tons of deer crops and now it's all about the cows. We have 120 acres and we still hold a few deer, but not like before

Friend for the day...
How they were the evening after searching all day-----Crashed!!

That is hard work and well earned sleep.

TxsRiverRat
10-30-2013, 11:00 AM
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=44555&d=1364467630http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=44555&d=1364467630http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=44555&d=1364467630

I'm going to buy a trap and I will film Kyle throwing the trap into the pond attached to a rope... drown the little bastage corn thieves!

2RLAKE
10-31-2013, 02:03 PM

Incredible story ... You have to be so proud! I wish I could convince Georgia to go out hunting with me. I love how hard you guys worked to recover your deer ... All of us who hunt know it's not as easy as many might believe ... And we all have out stories of losing game ... As Phil would say .... Happy, happy, happy

corey
10-31-2013, 06:23 PM
I was up checking our stands a couple of weeks ago but the only thing on this trail cam was ME! Hopefully there is a little more action next weekend!!!

thatsmrmastercraft
11-08-2013, 11:47 AM
From the Remington site. I have a lot of great memories of hunting with my father.

76S&S
11-08-2013, 12:23 PM
^ My dad didn't hunt but we did fish together often. I lost him a few years ago; I would give just about anything for one more fishing trip with him.

Most any day out of the house with your kids is a good day.

TxsRiverRat
11-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Things are looking up for the weekend...

:toast::toast::toast::toast:

http://s15.postimg.org/m9g6jtmgb/IMG_9732.png

mikeg205
11-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Crap - seeing them all over the roads here in sw chicago - all road kill.. this seasons population seems high.

bcd
11-08-2013, 10:40 PM
I checked my camera that I had on my public land spot today. I was pleasantly surprised. Here's a some of what I got.

epnault
11-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Best of luck to the MN hunters on opening day tomorrow. Go get em

2RLAKE
11-12-2013, 01:36 PM
just finished butchering my son's doe from saturday ... i never seen so many bucks in my life .. from spikes to a massive (for KY) 10

shot a coyote yesterday morning that was chasing deer

03 35th Anniversary
11-12-2013, 01:49 PM
My little huntin buddy (10 years old) got his first deer (8 pointer) Saturday afternoon.

thatsmrmastercraft
11-12-2013, 01:50 PM
My little huntin buddy (10 years old) got his first deer (8 pointer) Saturday afternoon.

Very cool. He looks a little happy.

scott023
11-12-2013, 01:55 PM

That's an awesome pic. He looks stoked, congrats to him.

76S&S
11-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Congrats to the little man!

2RLAKE
11-12-2013, 08:07 PM

sweet ... there is nothing finer than that ... that is a memory forever

what was he shooting?

Congrats to you as well ... taught him well!

03 35th Anniversary
11-13-2013, 12:54 AM
sweet ... there is nothing finer than that ... that is a memory forever

what was he shooting?

Congrats to you as well ... taught him well!

He shot it with a browning .280 and not a youth model at that @100yrds.

His Grandad is the one that taught him that part. I taught him to shut up when he is in the stand!!! HaHa!!!

scott023
11-13-2013, 01:12 AM
He shot it with a browning .280 and not a youth model at that @100yrds.

His Grandad is the one that taught him that part. I taught him to shut up when he is in the stand!!! HaHa!!!

That's the most important part. Nothing to hunt without that skill.

thatsmrmastercraft
11-13-2013, 01:13 AM
That's the most important part. Nothing to hunt without that skill.

You got that straight.

scott023
11-13-2013, 01:18 AM
You got that straight.

That's a lesson that often gets learned the hard way. :D

thatsmrmastercraft
11-13-2013, 01:19 AM
That's a lesson that often gets learned the hard way. :D

Well, we all have had to learn a few lessons that way. :rolleyes:

scott023
11-13-2013, 01:27 AM
Well, we all have had to learn a few lessons that way. :rolleyes:

Ain't that the truth.

EJ OJPROP
11-13-2013, 10:48 AM
just finished butchering my son's doe from saturday ... i never seen so many bucks in my life .. from spikes to a massive (for KY) 10

shot a coyote yesterday morning that was chasing deer

Where are you hunting in KY? We are between Cadiz and Eddyville and have seen very few bucks, have plenty on cam but not seeing them in the stand. Hope for more movement this weekend.

2RLAKE
11-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Owenton ... which is east of Louisville about 40 miles

friends 15 year old tool a nice 8 pointer yesterday in the cold weather!

TxsRiverRat
11-13-2013, 12:41 PM
You know, every man will remember their 1st ever deer hunt / kill. Mine was especially memorable because I had shot a doe, and then 10-15 minutes later I shot a nice 8 point. So I took the two deer to the taxidermist and he asked me “Do you want these mounted?” I smiled proudly and said “Naw, kissing will be just fine with me...”

Well, ok, all of the above is true minus the taxidermist story... :D

scott023
11-13-2013, 12:56 PM
:uglyhamme

TxsRiverRat
11-13-2013, 01:22 PM
LOL Scott... You ever had duck sausage?

scott023
11-13-2013, 01:53 PM
I don't think I want to know where this is going. :D

Kyle
11-13-2013, 03:07 PM

You don't wanna know. Lol

While pointing at crotch "Duck on down and get you some" will be punch line.

thatsmrmastercraft
11-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Good old Rat...............ever so subtle.:rolleyes:

mikeg205
11-13-2013, 03:33 PM
now that was funny - kissing deer -;)

TxsRiverRat
11-13-2013, 04:02 PM

You don't wanna know. Lol

While pointing at crotch "Duck on down and git ya some" will be punch line.

Good old Rat...............ever so subtle.:rolleyes:

LMFAO! Kyle, ya bastage! Ruining my fun on the green horn!

http://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gif

EarlyriserX9
11-14-2013, 11:31 PM
Took this Montana muley last Saturday :)http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/15/hyqetygy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

mikeg205
11-14-2013, 11:46 PM
why not go head to head... ;)

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/11/14/elk-gets-too-close-photographer-during-impromptu-photo-shoot

03 35th Anniversary
11-15-2013, 12:07 AM
Took this Montana muley last Saturday :)http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/15/hyqetygy.jpg

Beautiful!!!!

bcd
11-15-2013, 08:22 AM
My friend's father-in-law just shot a monster double drop tine buck. I don't know him well, so I cropped the picture, but here's the deer.

2RLAKE
11-15-2013, 03:19 PM

awesome ... hope to be sharing some pictures on monday when i get back from KY

scott023
11-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Beautiful!!!!

No kidding. Congrats.

EarlyriserX9
11-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Thanks fellas

03 35th Anniversary
11-18-2013, 06:24 PM
No kidding. Congrats.

Scott....... I was talking about the deer....

thatsmrmastercraft
11-18-2013, 06:32 PM
Beautiful!!!!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/15/hyqetygy.jpg

You bounce a bullet off his rack first?

EarlyriserX9
11-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Yes, running shot quartered away from me.

2RLAKE
11-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Yes, running shot quartered away from me.

that's funny!

My son did that a few years ago ... shot off half the G2! The buck just stood there shaking his head ... which allowed a quick follow up

saw lots and lots of deer this weekend but it was in the 60s ... i hate shooting a deer when its that warm ... no time to hang and age

we had a ton of rain in KY ... the creek that we go through to my farm was almost impassive ... luckily my Infinity QX56 has a MasterCraft sticker (or two) on it and it believes it is part amphibious ... we (stupidly) crossed the creek when it was about 20" deep .... will not do that again ...

JimN
11-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Someone just got this one here in WI- non-typical and a new record.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/232349261.html

2RLAKE
11-18-2013, 10:51 PM
i dream of seeing one such as that one day ...

have you ever heard this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnHNqvOB42M

scott023
11-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Scott....... I was talking about the deer....

Yeah, I got that. There are those of us that don't need things like that explained.:rolleyes:

HRC
11-20-2013, 08:29 PM
I got this one Monday morning. Not a big rack but weighed a good bit for around here. Field dressed at 146lbs.
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l614/carlh2/IMG_20131118_083812_248_zps0b6cb7d6.jpg (http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/carlh2/media/IMG_20131118_083812_248_zps0b6cb7d6.jpg.html)

thatsmrmastercraft
11-20-2013, 08:52 PM
I got this one Monday morning. Not a big rack but weighed a good bit for around here. Field dressed at 146lbs.
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l614/carlh2/IMG_20131118_083812_248_zps0b6cb7d6.jpg (http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/carlh2/media/IMG_20131118_083812_248_zps0b6cb7d6.jpg.html)

Not bad at all. Great pic. :toast:

scott023
11-20-2013, 09:02 PM

Congrats

EarlyriserX9
11-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Good work!

pmkkdx
11-21-2013, 09:33 AM
as my dad used to say ... "no matter how long you cook em, the antlers will never be tender" ... nice size deer and still good amount of meat for the freezer, that's what really matters (unless you are a "trophy" hunter)

thatsmrmastercraft
11-21-2013, 09:55 AM
2 inches of snow overnight in our deer hunting woods with a little more today and Saturday. Should be 4 degrees at first light Saturday morning with a high of 13. I'm stoked for some serious deer hunting in Northern Wisconsin.http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance013.gif

pmkkdx
11-21-2013, 01:15 PM
yeow! sounds painful! but I would be out in that too if I lived there ;)

thatsmrmastercraft
11-21-2013, 01:22 PM
yeow! sounds painful! but I would be out in that too if I lived there ;)

Nothing to it when you are used to it.

pmkkdx
11-21-2013, 01:38 PM
understandably so! so far around central & west Texas, I have been wearing shorts & t-shirt hunting this year ... this artic blast that's supposed to blow in tomorrow will likely change that ... supposed to have lows in the 30s and highs in the mid 40s to low 50s the next several days. I do recall hunting one year in Colorado, when I went out in the morning it was 6F with only a high of about 18F ... I was expecting it, but my feet still got so cold they hurt!

2RLAKE
11-21-2013, 07:27 PM

huge congrats ...cannot wait to get backdown there tomorrow

TxsRiverRat
11-22-2013, 11:21 AM
as my dad used to say ... "no matter how long you cook em, the antlers will never be tender"

I have a great recipe for antler soup! :D :D

Should be 4 degrees at first light Saturday morning with a high of 13.

12 is my record low for hunting. That's just brutal unless you're in a box with a heater!

this artic blast that's supposed to blow in tomorrow will likely change that ...

And it did! Whew! I have my gear packed for another hunt in the AM. I pray deer move now that its bitter cold outside.

JimN
11-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Once again, I have to remind you all that it's not how warm you are, it's how cool you look.:rolleyes:

Try downhill skiing when it's windy and -14F. OTOH, we basically had White Cap to ourselves, so it was great!

TxsRiverRat
11-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Once again, I have to remind you all that it's not how warm you are, it's how cool you look.:rolleyes:

Try downhill skiing when it's windy and -14F. OTOH, we basically had White Cap to ourselves, so it was great!

LOL - i'll stick with caribbean trips ;)

ski/hunt
11-23-2013, 01:11 AM
Good luck to those who are gonna hunt opening day of gun season which ever state your in!!! Might you find a buck worthy of the wall---or something for grillin this coming summer....

ski/hunt
11-23-2013, 01:12 AM

Nick911
11-23-2013, 01:28 AM
Someone just got this one here in WI- non-typical and a new record.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/232349261.html

Obviously a farmed buck.

ricford
11-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Obviously a farmed buck.

How is it obvious? If you mean it was shot on a farm, then yes, it probably was, but it wouldn't qualify for a record if it was "farmed", meaning a captive raised deer.

2RLAKE
11-24-2013, 08:09 PM
cold day in KY ... was a brisk 22 this morning! My son and I have 5 does so i was looking for mr big this morning .... awesome stand in the middle of the corn field ... had a dozen or so deer plus 10 turkeys this morning .... great to just watch them ... my friend and his brother in law were in that stand tonight and got a couple more ... nothing better than backstraps

So i marinated my in italian dressing and a packet of lipton onion soup mix ... tried something different this weekend of olive oil and some Dales seasoning ... wonderful

couple weeks and hopefully i can get back down for muzzleloader