PDA

View Full Version : She's Available!

SkiDog
11-21-2012, 09:04 AM
OK race fans, She's getting the big D. Who's the next victim?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/20/danica-patrick-husband-separating_n_2167345.html

trickskier
11-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Wish I would have known that when I was in the NASCAR garage Saturday at Homestead!

93Prostar190
11-21-2012, 11:49 AM
I am an IT Guy, she worked for GoDaddy, I have a car , I have never won a race in Sprint Car .... we have so much in common that she will probably call me any moment now ..

(I must admit when I read the title of this thread I thought someone was selling there sweet boat, I had no idea I would need to discuss Danica.)
Happy Turkey Day everyone .... and Danica .... go ahead and call, I'll make time for you if you can drive a boat in a straight line ... better yet .. wear a bikini and sit in the observer seat!

mikeg205
11-21-2012, 12:05 PM
She was probably complaining about his driving...lol :D

CantRepeat
11-21-2012, 01:37 PM
tbh, if she every won a race someone might start to give a fu-- about her or her life. Grow some boobs or something would ya. If she didn't have a bush non of the sponsors would give her the time of day. I'm pretty sure she's gonna turn up butch.

FrankSchwab
11-21-2012, 02:15 PM

Uh, wow.

I'm more of a Mark Martin fan. He gets more on-air and in-race coverage than his competitive results would dictate in a results-oriented world. You know why? It has nothing to do with his breast size or what is or isn't in his pants. It's because a larger-than-normal part of the race audience wants to see him, and know how he's doing.

When Juan Montoya moved to Nascar from F1, he got huge amounts of coverage despite having poor results. Why? Because he was different than the other NASCAR drivers - a successful F1 driver who people were sizing up against successful NASCAR drivers.

So why do you view Danica's popularity or coverage any differently? Fans want to see her for various reasons - she's a woman in a sea of white males, she's an attractive woman in a sea of white males, she's a modestly successful Indy car driver that people are sizing up against successful NASCAR drivers.

mikeg205
11-21-2012, 02:44 PM
tbh, if she every won a race someone might start to give a fu-- about her or her life. Grow some boobs or something would ya. If she didn't have a bush non of the sponsors would give her the time of day. I'm pretty sure she's gonna turn up butch.

Oh I hope not..... Dang Miranda would be unhappy I bet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbaEVA259IE

they like beer.... 3:41 therefore...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z4eCPAuTAM or this could be taken 2 ways... ;)

CantRepeat
11-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Uh, wow.

I'm more of a Mark Martin fan. He gets more on-air and in-race coverage than his competitive results would dictate in a results-oriented world. You know why? It has nothing to do with his breast size or what is or isn't in his pants. It's because a larger-than-normal part of the race audience wants to see him, and know how he's doing.

When Juan Montoya moved to Nascar from F1, he got huge amounts of coverage despite having poor results. Why? Because he was different than the other NASCAR drivers - a successful F1 driver who people were sizing up against successful NASCAR drivers.

So why do you view Danica's popularity or coverage any differently? Fans want to see her for various reasons - she's a woman in a sea of white males, she's an attractive woman in a sea of white males, she's a modestly successful Indy car driver that people are sizing up against successful NASCAR drivers.

Probably because both of those drivers have won something in their lifetime. Mark has been runner up to the Winston Cup Championship more times then I can remember. He gets air time because he is a legend in the sport, much like Earnhardt, Waltrip, Wallace, or any of the other legends of the sport. You can't even begin to compare her with any of them. Why would you even try? Likewise, Montoya has won some F1 and some NASCAR stuff as well.

What has Danica done other then appeal to dudes and sponsors? Nothing. She surely isn't ready for a full time cup ride and if not for the lack of pecker she wouldn't be getting one. She's getting pushed in by sponsors that want to sell their crap. My boob comment is meant for all you dudes that give her the time of day because she's a she and not because she can drive or win.

ahhudgins
11-21-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm not into NASCAR so I can't comment on her driving skills (or lack of). I’m partial to brunettes and I prefer my woman “natural” so she gets the thumbs up from me. I’ve seen a lot worse in a bikini.

CantRepeat
11-21-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm not into NASCAR so I can't comment on her driving skills (or lack of). I’m partial to brunettes and I prefer my woman “natural” so she gets the thumbs up from me. I’ve seen a lot worse in a bikini.

Hence, my point made by someone that is not into NASCAR. :D

JohnE
11-21-2012, 04:33 PM

Wow, I have a bunch of comments to this that aren't appropriate for this site. I may have to move the thread to the junkyard though.

SkiDog
11-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Wow, I have a bunch of comments to this that aren't appropriate for this site. I may have to move the thread to the junkyard though.

Do I need to start a thread on the 'other' site'?
;)

CantRepeat
11-21-2012, 04:55 PM

I'm sure we can stay within the rules of this site and still discuss what a failure she is in NASCAR. We can also carry on with the discussion that if not for her being a she she'd not have the ride or the air time. Moreover, why anyone would care about her personal life.

NOTE: please don't make this a personal discussion about you, I or we. It's about some chick that drives a car.

CantRepeat
11-21-2012, 04:59 PM
;)

Every time I post over there the thread just dies off. :(

aaron.
11-21-2012, 05:02 PM
cause you thread jack.. u f"ing post whore.

ski_king
11-21-2012, 05:02 PM
.............if not for the lack of pecker she wouldn't be getting one. She's getting pushed in by sponsors that want to sell their crap. My boob comment ........

I find your descriptions as offensive for a family type of forum. Maybe a modrator should step in and straighten you out.

Oh, wait, you are a moderator! What has this site come to?

neil.anderson63
11-21-2012, 05:04 PM
ahhudgins - Thank you for the visual! I just noticed.... there is a car behind her.

JohnE
11-21-2012, 05:05 PM

I'm sure we can stay within the rules of this site and still discuss what a failure she is in NASCAR. We can also carry on with the discussion that if not for her being a she she'd not have the ride or the air time. Moreover, why anyone would care about her personal life.

NOTE: please don't make this a personal discussion about you, I or we. It's about some chick that drives a car.

Not about you, me, or we. I don't and haven't referenced fu's, breasts, boobs, or bush on this site. I don't want my 10 yo stepson or 12 yo nephew reading the innuendos here either. I could care less about nascar or Danica. But honestly Tim with all the other rules you enforce here you should reconsider some of your posts. My discussion isn't about some chick that drives a car. It's about appropriate conversation on the TT site. And some of us (you and me - lets face it) are held to a different standard.

;)

Yup, let it rip over there. I'm at the end of a short fuse so I'm game.

JohnE
11-21-2012, 05:09 PM
I find your descriptions as offensive for a family type of forum. Maybe a modrator should step in and straighten you out.

Oh, wait, you are a moderator! What has this site come to?

I was typing and you beat me to it. I don't agree with ALL of the rules here but try to abide by them and I think my history has supported such. Heck I was stripped of mod powers for a long weekend once. Back when a bunch of whiners complained about some questionably offensive posts. I hope we can all man up and show respect and not go down that road again.

CantRepeat
11-21-2012, 05:26 PM
There's been far more fus, boobs, bush on here long before I ever posted it. It happens all the time and in most cases are more openly posted then I do.

What is funny is that when I do it it's some sort of crazy issue that people want to jump on. OMG, did you see what Tim said?

ahhudgins
11-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Hence, my point made by someone that is not into NASCAR. :D

If she started racing in NHRA, I might start paying more attention to her racing skills....but for now she is just good eye candy. :D

aquaman
11-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Since no one can decide if Danica has driving skills or not, just move her over to the Swimsuit Thread.

She can easily take the pole position there ? oops, no puns ? :)

JohnE
11-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Tim you have to hold yourself to a higher standard than anyone else. You cant get away with what skidog and others can say. Basically you set a higher standard than anyone prior and have to uphold it. If you dont your credibility disappears. This is not a personal attack. But you police this site like nobody ever has and border on hypocritical with recent posts.

CantRepeat
11-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Tim you have to hold yourself to a higher standard than anyone else. You cant get away with what skidog and others can say. Basically you set a higher standard than anyone prior and have to uphold it. If you dont your credibility disappears. This is not a personal attack. But you police this site like nobody ever has and border on hypocritical with recent posts.

Which is why I gave up being a mod about a week ago. It wasn't worth the time and effort to be the only one enforcing the rules. These rules that were in place long before I got here. They weren't my rules. They are the rules as posted on TT. When given a task I always do the task that was given. I don't do it half heartily or subjectively. I did what I was ask to do and tried to do it without pissing people off. It was never personal, all though some users surely wanted it to be.

I'll agree with you on that one. But more so because it seems that no one enforced the rules that were post.

So you could say, I tossed myself under the bus and now I can skidog it up all day long.

JohnE
11-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Which is why I gave up being a mod about a week ago. It wasn't worth the time and effort to be the only one enforcing the rules. These rules that were in place long before I got here. They weren't my rules. They are the rules as posted on TT. When given a task I always do the task that was given. I don't do it half heartily or subjectively. I did what I was ask to do and tried to do it without pissing people off. It was never personal, all though some users surely wanted it to be.

I'll agree with you on that one. But more so because it seems that no one enforced the rules that were post.

So you could say, I tossed myself under the bus and now I can skidog it up all day long.

Tim, I didn't know you gave up the reigns as a mod. Enforcing any set of rules is extremely subjective. As a mod I have never once been given directive on how to enforce. And I have reached out to ask on several occasions. So I took it upon myself to look at past history as the site has been up for many years and I have only been a mod for a few years. I took past precedent and used that as my guideline. If I enforced the site rules literally, I'd run everyone off the site. (As #1 tried to do) Ultimately a mod here is held to a different standard than anyone else here (my opinion backed up with history). Given that you have resigned as a mod I retract my recent statements. Speak your mind. I love this site and the people here past and present and appreciate all the knowledge, info, and friendships that I have gained here.

MattsCraft
11-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Wow, this thread feels a lot like WW...:rolleyes:

CantRepeat
11-21-2012, 07:32 PM
I love this site and the people here past and present and appreciate all the knowledge, info, and friendships that I have gained here.

Which is why I'm still here.

medicmoose
11-21-2012, 10:05 PM
And now on to other things....any more pictures of Danica?? I really have no interest in her driving skills, sponsors or anything else NASCAR for that matter.

Pass the turkey....

trickskier
11-22-2012, 09:00 AM

I have to disagee with you on this one. As long time NASCAR fan (I attend 6-8 races a year and haven't missed a Daytona 500 since 1969) I can tell you that it takes a lot of tallent to drive a 3400lb car at 200 MPH with 42 other drivers all trying to pass you.
She is also the first woman to lead the Indianapolis 500.

I'll agree that Danica has a sponsor because she's a good looking woman - Sex sells in America no matter what sport is (Remember Anna Kournikova). But it won't last long if she doesn't perform. She finished 10th in the Nationwide Series the best ever for a woman in any NASCAR series. She also had 4 top 10 finishes this year after Dale Jr. changed her crew chief. I truly believe that she would have finished higher in the points if she hadn't been intentionally wrecked out on several occations.

Next year she moves full time into the Sprint Cup Series with Stewart-Haas Racing. Believe me Tony Stewart wouldn't hire her if he didn't believe she had tallent.

I can name several other drivers that only have a ride because they have a sponsor and they don't have near the tallent that Danica has. She's good for NASCAR and I hope I'm at the track when she gets her first win.

ski_king
11-22-2012, 10:50 AM
I have to agree, Danica is a promoters dream, a decent driver and great looks. As long as she finishes decently, doesn't upset too many other drivers on the track and keeps her cool (which she does have a problem with at times) she will do fine.
I found it interesting that at the restrictor plate tracks where tandem racing is common how many big names teamed up with her and went to the front. (But the again Jr. And smoke have a vested interest in her.)

There is one female driver in the IRL that I believe is even better than Danica. Simona de Silvestro. The last couple of seasons have been tough for her because she has been driving second rate equipment. What doesn't she have first rate equipment like Danica? She has the cute factor, not the hot factor that Danica has.

SkiDog
11-23-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm gonna take this opportunity to show you idiots what this thread is all about. And Tim,AKA can'trepeat,supermod,can'tmod, or whatever your screenname happens to be THIS week, you can't ever convince me for one second, that you would turn this down. I know better. And for the records, ONE, as long as I've been one this forum, I have NEVER been repromanded for ANYTHING that I've said on here, by a mod, And TWO, yes, I DID take these pics.............................................. .................................................. .............................

off the web!:D

neil.anderson63
11-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Well done skidog! - I just noticed that in the first photo she has a small freckle on her left check (near the watch). In the second photo the freckle is gone. What do you think, lazered off or photo touched? :D

mikeg205
11-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Gosh - all this controversy, I hope Tim didn't run off and buy a BU.... :D

SkiDog
11-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Well done skidog! - I just noticed that in the first photo she has a small freckle on her left check (near the watch). In the second photo the freckle is gone. What do you think, lazered off or photo touched? :D

That was the only NATURAL photo I took without touching up. I thought she should be in a natural state for at least one picture! ;)

Cloaked
11-23-2012, 10:57 AM
That was the only NATURAL photo I took without touching up. I thought she should be in a natural state for at least one picture! ;)
See what you got started.... 8p

CantRepeat
11-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Gosh - all this controversy, I hope Tim didn't run off and buy a BU.... :D

I just pick up a pair of Tahoes!!!

CantRepeat
11-23-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm gonna take this opportunity to show you idiots what this thread is all about. And Tim,AKA can'trepeat,supermod,can'tmod, or whatever your screenname happens to be THIS week, you can't ever convince me for one second, that you would turn this down. I know better. And for the records, ONE, as long as I've been one this forum, I have NEVER been repromanded for ANYTHING that I've said on here, by a mod, And TWO, yes, I DID take these

Consider this a "reprimand"!!! and get be a beer you douche bag and pls stop crying like a chick!! :D

SkiDog
11-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Consider this a "reprimand"!!! and get be a beer you douche bag and pls stop crying like a chick!! :D

I'd get you a beer but you probably drink something like Coors Light, or some watered down concoction that is supposed to be beer. Sorry for the typo, reprimand that! And stay away from Danica too, you're not worthy.8p

CantRepeat
11-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Damn straight! In Peach Tree City Hooters right now enjoying a 22 ouncer!

neil.anderson63
11-23-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm hangin' out with Danica tonight. We are crocheting her a new swimsuit, grilling steaks and drinking frosty "real beers" Slow Elk Oatmeal Stout from Big Sky Brewing. We might even watch a John Wayne flick.... If we aren't too busy ;D

mikeg205
11-23-2012, 05:27 PM

Eash...that looks a bit light Tim... ;) were the "mountains blue" when they poured it?

SkiDog
11-23-2012, 05:55 PM

Please tell me that's a Budweiser product, and NOT Coors Light! You gots to drink REAL beer!

CantRepeat
11-23-2012, 06:47 PM
It was a draft and 20 wings. The only mountains were on my wife.

Chief
11-23-2012, 09:24 PM
I'd pull her hair.

I'm gonna take this opportunity to show you idiots what this thread is all about. And Tim,AKA can'trepeat,supermod,can'tmod, or whatever your screenname happens to be THIS week, you can't ever convince me for one second, that you would turn this down. I know better. And for the records, ONE, as long as I've been one this forum, I have NEVER been repromanded for ANYTHING that I've said on here, by a mod, And TWO, yes, I DID take these pics.............................................. .................................................. .............................

off the web!:D

SkiDog
11-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Eash...that looks a bit light Tim... ;) were the "mountains blue" when they poured it?

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme Good one Mikie!

CantRepeat
11-26-2012, 06:44 AM

Please tell me that's a Budweiser product, and NOT Coors Light! You gots to drink REAL beer!

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme Good one Mikie!

Hey, it is be a Coors Light! But, at least I'm not as hard up as you guys who want to bump uglies with a scrub like Danica!! 8p

SkiDog
11-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Hey, it is be a Coors Light! But, at least I'm not as hard up as you guys who want to bump uglies with a scrub like Danica!! 8p

YOU stick with drinking that crap and we'll stick with Danica. Thats fine with us. Problem is, you couldn't drink enough CL to make ANYBODY look pretty!:D:D:D

mikeg205
11-26-2012, 08:27 AM
I was going to add something about Danica and your point Tim... but the post would not last long... :D... Well at least being out at CL will keep Tim safe....especially this time of year... eash even my second comment would be yanked in few seconds... ;)

CantRepeat
11-26-2012, 08:46 AM
YOU stick with drinking that crap and we'll stick with Danica. Thats fine with us. Problem is, you couldn't drink enough CL to make ANYBODY look pretty!:D:D:D

BS, Eddie, just close your eyes and she's a dream boat!! Trust me, before I got married some 26 years ago I used that method a few times! :love:

SkiDog
11-27-2012, 07:00 AM
BS, Eddie, just close your eyes and she's a dream boat!! Trust me, before I got married some 26 years ago I used that method a few times! :love:

Oh, I bet you did. That will start happening again soon.