PDA

View Full Version : Drain hole plug LED

TOO-TALL
11-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Has anyone tried the LED transom light that thread into your drain plug.
Thought it was a great idea.

sand2snow22
11-19-2012, 12:23 AM
I thought about it for a second, especially since my Bu was pre-wired. Installed Attwood LED's, tho...

swb911
11-19-2012, 12:25 AM
By the time you install and wire the drain plug light... You may as well put in a perm one. JMTC

carlsonwa
11-19-2012, 12:48 AM
I thought about it for a second, especially since my Bu was pre-wired. Installed Attwood LED's, tho...

Pics of your Attwood LEDs ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sand2snow22
11-19-2012, 01:34 AM
Pics of your Attwood LEDs ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boat is in storage. Similar to the stock Malibu ones. Except Stock Bu's have 7 LED's and are white. I went with the 5 Blue from Attwood and saved some $$$.

http://www.backtoboating.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=126

If you have a MC, think about the stock Abyss'. Spendy tho

http://www.abysslite.com/

93Prostar190
11-19-2012, 09:22 AM
I would end up using it in my DD center drain hole and installing it from the inside so I would get that cool lit up bilge area effect ... kinda like installing LED rings on speakers ...

Happy Turkey Day everyone.

BrooksfamX2
11-19-2012, 10:12 AM
There have been a lot of mixed reviews on this. It is not nearly as bright as adding transom LED's....

swb911
11-19-2012, 08:38 PM
I ordered and installed the factory abyss lights on stainless and blue light. A very easy install as long as you are ok with drilling a few small holes in your boat. The harder part was the wire install. I have been happy with the results. As are the kids. 86782

Kyle
11-20-2012, 11:32 AM
I have the bullet lines led transom lights. I did a lot of research before buying, quality, lumens power, angle, and color.

The kind I bought are brighter than the abyss lights.

Another thing to consider is the clarity of the water you boat in. Texas lakes are brown water snd not clear. Most would call them as clean as swamps. I took a trip up to broken bow with a few guys off of TT and found out the water clarity was incredible. Like I could scuba in it. The lights behind the boat look extremely better in clear water. I have pics of mine of you are interested.

I think mine were $200 each and I'm running 3 lights.

mikeg205
11-20-2012, 11:53 AM
I ordered and installed the factory abyss lights on stainless and blue light. A very easy install as long as you are ok with drilling a few small holes in your boat. The harder part was the wire install. I have been happy with the results. As are the kids. 86782

swimming the dark???? ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWLO4acMTCM

couldn't resist... :D

TOO-TALL
11-20-2012, 07:27 PM
I was just looking for a cheap way to add some bling.
The water around here close to home isn't very clear and i don't do alot of after dark boating.

The only time I would use the lights is on vacation down at Dale Hollow.

swb911
11-20-2012, 11:35 PM
Swimming in the dark is a fun sport for the kids and friends. We also ski at full moon midnights and other times. The light gives enough light to see the wake for wake boarding as well as seeing turn buoys on the course.

DemolitionMan
11-20-2012, 11:55 PM
I have the bullet lines led transom lights. I did a lot of research before buying, quality, lumens power, angle, and color.

The kind I bought are brighter than the abyss lights.

Another thing to consider is the clarity of the water you boat in. Texas lakes are brown water snd not clear. Most would call them as clean as swamps. I took a trip up to broken bow with a few guys off of TT and found out the water clarity was incredible. Like I could scuba in it. The lights behind the boat look extremely better in clear water. I have pics of mine of you are interested.

I think mine were $200 each and I'm running 3 lights.

Post them up!

Chrisoswald
11-21-2012, 07:45 PM
i have the liquid lite on my Chaparral Sunesta 232. Not as bright as some of the perm installs you can do but not near as expensive and you dont have to drill holes in your boat. Personally i like mine alot..install is a breeze and it held up perfectly over the summer and I keep the boat in the water from April thru the end of August. No regrets